Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 06-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Slowpokeking

Default Some idea of fanfic

Crossover of SW and LotR, mostly focus on Dooku and Galadriel.

Time: 21 BBY in SW, around the end of Fellowship of the Ring in LotR.

Dooku wanted to use Middle Earth's magic to make himself return to his youth and even achieve immorality and grow more powerful to overthrow his master, so did Sidious.

But the difference is Dooku does not want to enslave the whole Middle Earth and drain their life force to empower himself. He wants to let Galadriel know that his master, Darth Sidious was trying to conquer Middle Earth and use its magic to help him achieve immortality, along with drain the life force from the elves. Dooku will try to help the elves when Sidious sent a few troops to harass them, let Galadriel form an ally with him and thus corrupt her. Let her learn that her old reign was not able to protect her people, just like the republic. They need to establish a new order. He wants to make Galadriel the ruler of Middle Earth, and share part of his power in the galaxy. But also make sure he gives the command, at least in the galaxy. As for Middle Earth, as long as Galadriel does not go against him, she could do whatever she wanted.

Galadriel knows he's no good since he looks very alike to Saruman, and his power is dark.

However, she also knows that he is better than Sidious, ally with him will make her get closer to darkness, but if she doesn't ally with him, her people will suffer for all eternity after Sidious conquer them. So it's not a choice between good and evil, it's a choice of "let her people suffer for all eternity to empower a greater evil" or "ally with a lesser evil to counter a greater one, then get rid of him if possible, it will corrupt her own soul", a choice between her people or her own soul. She makes an ally with Dooku but never really trust, always want to get rid of him, however this require power and let her move to a darker path.

I also plan to let Celeborn "die" in the battlefield first, make Galadriel closer to the Dark Side. Then let Sidious corrupt the dying Celeborn by his manipulation and Force power, thus force Galadriel to kill her lover. It will move her closer to the darkness.

Also there is one thing of Galadriel's persona that I am not sure.

Yes she is wise and smart, but in her conflict with the Sith Lords, will she put her pride down, lower her stance to achieve her goal? Such as pretend to be sweet to Dooku to get stuff from him, pretend to be weak to lower her opponent's guard, and play dirty tricks against her enemies? Sidious, we all know him. Dooku, he could be very merciless against his enemy but not willing to betray his friends and play too dirty sometimes.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post

Last edited by Porimlys; 06-18-2012 at 09:06 PM..
Old 06-19-2012, 02:26 AM

Elune

Stop doing crossovers !

What if I wrote a fan fic, about Space Marines from 40K landing on whatever the Lotr planet is called ? It just doesn't work.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 06-19-2012 at 02:29 AM..
Old 06-19-2012, 05:05 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Stop doing crossovers !

What if I wrote a fan fic, about Space Marines from 40K landing on whatever the Lotr planet is called ? It just doesn't work.
Arda, you goddamn ignorant!

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

It Burns Us!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Stop doing crossovers !

If you can manage the setting well, why not.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

So I've got a lot of tools laying around and I need to decide how to kill myself before I read another Slow fanfic...but I just can't choose. Hammer to the head? Circular saw to the limbs? Screwdriver to the lung? Huff paint? Dremmel out my skull, drop some spices in and apply a blowtorch (because if I'm going to go out, why not with a bang)? So many choices, so little time.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
So I've got a lot of tools laying around and I need to decide how to kill myself before I read another Slow fanfic...but I just can't choose. Hammer to the head? Circular saw to the limbs? Screwdriver to the lung? Huff paint? Dremmel out my skull, drop some spices in and apply a blowtorch (because if I'm going to go out, why not with a bang)? So many choices, so little time.
Try, I don't know, not reading it?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Try, I don't know, not reading it?

It's like a car accident: you can't look away.

Quote:

Build a Rube Goldberg suicide machine with all of them!

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post

Build a Rube Goldberg suicide machine with all of them!
Suicide booth, I like it.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Suicide booth, I like it.

And that's how they came into existance

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Why? If you don't like it simply don't read it.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Don't worry, I just jest. But seriously, there are some crossovers that are simply not meant to be and are just forced. SW with LotR is one of them.

You don't make a SW/LotR crossover because they mesh well, but because you want to make a SW/LotR crossover for the sake of making a SW/LotR crossover.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Because someone in this world has to be honest with you about your writing. Shit, I throw my own stuff up against Omacron because I know he's not going to softball me with "oh that's nice, good job, keep up the good work." Either you get through the gauntlet with a decent product or you throw it out and try again.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Don't worry, I just jest. But seriously, there are some crossovers that are simply not meant to be and are just forced. SW with LotR is one of them.

You don't make a SW/LotR crossover because they mesh well, but because you want to make a SW/LotR crossover for the sake of making a SW/LotR crossover.
I know it's very hard to manage their setting well. Future technology+the Force VS mostly medieval level+low level magic, a galaxy VS like one planet is really out balanced unless something like Eru decide to interfere.

However characters' interaction can be cool, especially powerplay and corruption. So I will give it a shoot, some people(mostly SW fans) said the first few chapters are interesting, so I will continue. It's not hurting anyone overall.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
some people(mostly SW fans) said the first few chapters are interesting, so I will continue. It's not hurting anyone overall.
Link please.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
I know it's very hard to manage their setting well. Future technology+the Force VS mostly medieval level+low level magic, a galaxy VS like one planet is really out balanced unless something like Eru decide to interfere.

However characters' interaction can be cool, especially powerplay and corruption. So I will give it a shoot, some people(mostly SW fans) said the first few chapters are interesting, so I will continue. It's not hurting anyone overall.
Let me put it you gently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_superweapons

Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
"But they got magic!" in 3... 2... 1...

Old 06-19-2012, 11:18 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
"But they got magic!" in 3... 2... 1...

Old 06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Because someone in this world has to be honest with you about your writing. Shit, I throw my own stuff up against Omacron because I know he's not going to softball me with "oh that's nice, good job, keep up the good work." Either you get through the gauntlet with a decent product or you throw it out and try again.
I receive different comments from people of my last 2 fanfics and the first few chapters of this one.

The :raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor: one, people said the plot is pretty good and creative, but it's a little bit rushed and require more writing to build the characters, also weird to write on Liv.

The TCW one, they said the manipulation of Palpatine, the plot is very good while they don't accept Anakin have romance with other woman.

You are very good and gave lots of amazing comments in this forum and I believe you are telling what you truly feel about the story, but so did others, they got no reason to lie. I will try to improve but I don't take my works as garbage.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Link please.

I don't think you can understand Chinese, but here.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1658344583

Quote:
Yes I know, most of them are KJA's creation. However in the time of 21 BBY none of them were there, also most of the SW troops were fighting the clone wars

It's not a SW VS LotR war, it's about SW's character try to use LotR world's knowledge the magic to empower themselves, along with LotR character try to avoid their fate by walk into darkness to seek power.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 06-19-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Old 06-19-2012, 11:46 AM

Eternal

Ive got a better idea

Writte a fan fiction of a simple yet elaborate plan

Make

Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Slowpokeking

I am thinking about let Durge play a big role in Dooku's plan, he didn't show up in TCW and his ability is interesting.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:06 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
I am thinking about let Durge play a big role in Dooku's plan, he didn't show up in TCW and his ability is interesting.
Hows about you think about finding a StarWars forum instead?

Merry fucking Christmas
Old 06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Slowpokeking

It's allowed to post and discuss non WC fanfic here.