Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-29-2008, 01:16 AM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrez View Post
The Dark Riders were linked to Morbent Fel at Raven Hill Cemitary aswell

Upon returning to Sven with Jitters complete journal, Sven says:
"This journal explains much to me, and sets me on the path against the dark riders! I have seen these riders in Duskwood, and have seen them speak with the wizard Morbent Fel, at the Forlorn Rowe."

And according to wowwiki

"In Warcraft III, along with Ras Frostwhisper and Araj the Summoner, Morbent Fell is one of the randomly generated names for the hero unit Lich."

I know it may seem off topic but maybe they are the same person, we just got to kill Morbent before he went lich on us, linking the riders possibly to the Scourge.

If they were looking for the Scythe then one would guess they know its link to the Worgan. The scourge resurected Agrul because of this link to worgan.

As some one said earlier, the Scourge want the Worgan.
And there are Dark Riders in the Scarlet Enclave...
Old 11-29-2008, 05:00 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

There could be a link between the Scythe and the Scourge.
I remember those Dark Riders. They even used the Death Knight/Attumen model. I was hoping it was a coincedence. Maybe it was.

As for Morbent Fel and a random Lich name in Warcraft 3; there is absolutely no link. The link I do see is the possibility that Arthas' desire to have an undead Arugal also had something to do with the Scythe, which is apparently in the hands of either the Wolfcult or the trappers.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
There could be a link between the Scythe and the Scourge.
I remember those Dark Riders. They even used the Death Knight/Attumen model. I was hoping it was a coincedence. Maybe it was.

As for Morbent Fel and a random Lich name in Warcraft 3; there is absolutely no link. The link I do see is the possibility that Arthas' desire to have an undead Arugal also had something to do with the Scythe, which is apparently in the hands of either the Wolfcult or the trappers.
I posted here some time ago a theory that the darkriders were indeed Scourge agents.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 11-29-2008, 04:06 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I thought that was a given. Why else would they spread Undeath to southern Azeroth?
Old 11-29-2008, 04:23 PM

Arch-Druid

At a risk of sounding as though I'm jumping on trends, I also thought the Dark Riders were agents of the Scourge.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:41 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I thought that was a given. Why else would they spread Undeath to southern Azeroth?
Exactly Omacron , the thing is what is exactly Arthas planning to do if he gets the Scythe? Summon an army of Worgen? or something much more dangerous..
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 11-29-2008, 05:05 PM

Elune

I'd like to see them phase the starter zones. Specifically Westfall, Redridge, Dun Morogh, Wetlands, Silverpine, Durotar, and the pair each for new races. The rest I'm not really sure what you would change. For example, in Westfall, the Defias are out and there's farmers and such who have retaken some of their farms. Retag <The People's Militia> as <Westfall Brigade>. The Trolls could build a town in the Echo Isles, maybe houses on stilts strung together with bridges.

I think it would be cool to go back to starter zones after all this time we've been away and see that what we've done has had a positive effect.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:42 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Fordragon, that's cool, and things like that happen actually in Northrend...

Anyway, I don't know what level of repercussion it has. Imagine going with a friend who hasn't completed the quests.

About the Scythe...

I sense them more as Burning Legion agents. Undead Burning Legion agents, exactly.

Anyway, Morbent Fel doesn't seem to be allied with the Scourge, nor the riders.

It would be cool to discover he's truly that lich from TFT. Best point is that it makes a lot of sense.

Uh, and Arugal is an enemy of the Scourge. I guess the San'layn resurrected him to play with the worgen.

But, who is Arugal's master? That's another amazing point here.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-30-2008, 06:46 AM

Eternal

Perhaps Elune?
Nah, just kidding.

Anyway, I do agree that the Dark Riders most likely are aligined (spelling?) with the Scourge and tried to spread undeath to the south AND find the Scythe.'

edit: Yay, Priestess of the Moon ^^

"Only the Goddess can forbid me anything!"

Last edited by RobLore; 11-30-2008 at 06:48 AM..
Old 11-30-2008, 07:55 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
The Lich King doesn't have the monopoly of undeath.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:57 AM

Elune

Oh my goddess! Elune has gone insane!

Inside the White Citadel, the goddess of the night plots... and waits.

Inside her head, a lone goal: to set Azeroth in the darkest night... for all the eternity!

Armies of creatures of darkness, summoned from the moon, assault the world. Worgens and their curse are only the first step to complete domination.

Cause, in the end, all must howl... to the one, true, White Lady.

PS: Also, seriously now, supporting the "Dark Riders server the Legion" theory, you should notice that Velinde received the Scythe to fight the Legion at Felwood, and that Arugal summoned the Worgen during the 3rd War, when the Scourge was a pawn of the Burning Legion.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-30-2008, 10:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Anyway, I don't know what level of repercussion it has. Imagine going with a friend who hasn't completed the quests.
I agree. While the idea of phasing is cool, its overuse can be extremely annoying in group play. For example, Icecrown is literally full of phased zones and it makes playing with others a probelm. Your friends can't help you with group quests because they're in a different phase, you can't interact with others in different phases at all, an ore node will just disappear under your feet because someone in a dif phase stole it, etc.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:14 PM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
I agree. While the idea of phasing is cool, its overuse can be extremely annoying in group play. For example, Icecrown is literally full of phased zones and it makes playing with others a probelm. Your friends can't help you with group quests because they're in a different phase, you can't interact with others in different phases at all, an ore node will just disappear under your feet because someone in a dif phase stole it, etc.
Well, you can't say they stole it, since they didn't even know you were around. As I understand it, they're only doing this in Sholazar and Icecrown (and the DK starter quests), correct?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
Well, you can't say they stole it, since they didn't even know you were around. As I understand it, they're only doing this in Sholazar and Icecrown (and the DK starter quests), correct?
Dragonblight and a few times in Storm peaks as well.

It would be more annoying to me if I wasn't able to solo everything and had a trade skill that didn't have nodes every five seconds of flying though.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:09 PM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
Dragonblight and a few times in Storm peaks as well.

It would be more annoying to me if I wasn't able to solo everything and had a trade skill that didn't have nodes every five seconds of flying though.
The only part of Dragonblight I saw phased was around Wrathgate, though. Did I miss some?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:36 PM

Eternal

Personally - I think that phasing should me MORE used in other Northrend zones.

Taunka'le village for example. They say the Taunka are evacutated (sorry, I cant spell that but you know what I mean - im only 13 and in the 7th grade ;P ) but yet all Taunka are still there and there are little signs of them evacuating (except the Taunka refugee camp and that there comes Taunka soldiers to Agmars Hammer later).

I would like to Taunka'le be overrun by Nerubians are fallen down in a huge sinkhole. Btw, did you know that Arthas ventured to Northrend during the winter? And that there was once snow all over Borean Tundra. Or so the quests says.
A taunka lady says some like:
"There was a time when I could walk across the Tundra and I would see only snow as far as my eyes could see".

But seriously... Bridge in Redridge and roof in Westfall anyone?
Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 AM

Loremaster

It's rather telling that places like Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra, which we were shown pre-release content from first, are comparatively rather devoid of the phasing, while it becomes far more common later on in the Storm Peaks and Icecrown especially. The earlier zones were probably much farther along in development when they started playing around with and coding the phasing capabilities, and it was decided to leave those places alone rather than turn around and try revamping the entire early content of Northrend when they were already moving on to establishing the content in the higher-leveled areas.

"Lasting" changes start out simple, like in Grizzly Hills where a certain event changes the hostilities of a number of NPC's, and by the time one reaches Storm Peaks and Icecrown, entire landscapes of the zone are replaced by the aftermath of the player's actions.

In a way the phasing's still early in development and concept, but I'm caused to wonder with great interest what they'll do with Icecrown Citadel. As of now it's literally a ghost town; nothing even remotely defends the place. Every one of the other gates around the zone is crawling with masses of lumbering undead, but the Citadel itself is host to completely empty ramparts, with nary a cultist, skeleton or ghoul to be seen, and a number of multiple structures that could turn out to be potential entrances (perhaps to multiple wings or even more than one completely seperate instance within. Perhaps a 5-man dungeon or two as entry level to the endgame, culminating in the 10/25-man raid at the highest levels of the structure). Might be interesting if they script an eventual downfall of each Scourge gate through phasing by the undead being ousted and replaced by various faction NPC's, and the Scourge's armies gradually falling back and amassing at the Citadel itself, manning its battlements as they brace for the final assault by the living.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:33 AM

Elune

Phasing is still on development, but I suppose they could make it to pahse everything in WoW.

Now, we complain about a lowbie unable to being help killing someone we killed long ago and that doesn't reappear for us.

Improvement on phasing would fic that for sure. Just need to improve it when players of different phase-states join the some group.

Phasing, well used, would give a lot of life to the game.