Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #57401  
Old 03-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Well, tell that to the actual kids who are protesting for gun control.
At the cost of other kids getting suspended and in trouble for refusing to take part in the protests.

A lot of the kids protesting are being forced, but lets not mention that.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57402  
Old 03-15-2018, 10:46 AM
Shekinah Shekinah is offline

Arch-Druid
Shekinah's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: On a pale horse
Posts: 2,423

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
At the cost of other kids getting suspended and in trouble for refusing to take part in the protests.

A lot of the kids protesting are being forced, but lets not mention that.
Not sure about forced, but a lot of kids are being pressured into it. There's also the unhealthy obsession about gun control on both sides that adults have been pushing onto their kids.

Getting away from that a little bit, has Florida done anything about making rifles harder to access than handguns? That always struck me as backwards, even for hunting.
__________________
I like to cook. Here's a thread on how it relates to Warcraft.

Last edited by Shekinah; 03-15-2018 at 10:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #57403  
Old 03-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,131

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
At the cost of other kids getting suspended and in trouble for refusing to take part in the protests.
And then there are the kids who are getting in trouble for protesting.

But yeah, let's focus on the suspensions and not on the fact that these kids keep finding weapons capable of murdering large numbers of their classmates. The academic record of the survivors counts for more, right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #57404  
Old 03-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
But yeah, let's focus on the suspensions and not on the fact that these kids keep finding weapons capable of murdering large numbers of their classmates
This media shitstorm?

This is the problem. This is the reason kids do it. It's not about killing people. It's about making a name for themselves, it's about having the power to start a conversation on something that makes them feel like they matter.

It's a systemic issue that is divorced from gun control, and if it was about hurting people, they would be putting pipe bombs in desks and screwing the lids shut.

And the materials for that are a hell of a lot easier to come across than guns.

Quote:
has Florida done anything about making rifles harder to access than handguns? That always struck me as backwards, even for hunting.
They passed a bill to change it to 21. I'm fine with it, for the most part, even if It's not going to prevent much.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X

Last edited by Ruinshin; 03-15-2018 at 12:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #57405  
Old 03-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,686
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
This media shitstorm?

This is the problem. This is the reason kids do it. It's not about killing people. It's about making a name for themselves, it's about having the power to start a conversation on something that makes them feel like they matter.

It's a systemic issue that is divorced from gun control, and if it was about hurting people, they would be putting pipe bombs in desks and screwing the lids shut.

And the materials for that are a hell of a lot easier to come across than guns.



They passed a bill to change it to 21. I'm fine with it, for the most part, even if It's not going to prevent much.
"Kids literally saying from their own mouths they're protesting because they're tried of school shootings."

"Nah, you're just doing it for the attention, or because you're being pressured. You don't really want this."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #57406  
Old 03-15-2018, 01:51 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
"Kids literally saying from their own mouths they're protesting because they're tried of school shootings."

"Nah, you're just doing it for the attention, or because you're being pressured. You don't really want this."
I was talking about the shooters.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57407  
Old 03-15-2018, 02:08 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,686
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
I was talking about the shooters.
Well, not all of them are edgy kids looking for a name, unless we're counting the numerous adult shooters as well, like Sandy Hook.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #57408  
Old 03-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Well, not all of them are edgy kids looking for a name, unless we're counting the numerous adult shooters as well, like Sandy Hook.
He was 20.

That's still a kid.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57409  
Old 03-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,366

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
They passed a bill to change it to 21. I'm fine with it, for the most part, even if It's not going to prevent much.
They're going to change their voting, tobacco use, draft, enlistment, etc ages all to 21, too, right? Or are they just being wantonly ageist against young adults? Either decide that 18 year-olds aren't adults or fuck off, Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Well, not all of them are edgy kids looking for a name, unless we're counting the numerous adult shooters as well, like Sandy Hook.
The ADA says media contagion is a thing, though.
http://www.apa.org/news/press/releas...contagion.aspx
Clearly we need common sense media reform. It's time to ban the reporting on mass shootings.
__________________
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 03-15-2018 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #57410  
Old 03-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,686
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
He was 20.

That's still a kid.
No? 18 is the age of an adult in most cases. Younger people have been charged as an adult, so why is this separate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
They're going to change their voting, tobacco use, draft, enlistment, etc ages all to 21, too, right? Or are they just being wantonly ageist against young adults? Either decide that 18 year-olds aren't adults or fuck off, Florida.



The ADA says media contagion is a thing, though.
http://www.apa.org/news/press/releas...contagion.aspx
Clearly we need common sense media reform. It's time to ban the reporting on mass shootings.
I'd be fine with increasing the age to 21 for all of that, well minus voting.

Why do peolpe think witholding information is a good thing? It's not even a top secret issue, it's news. You'll learn about it anyway through social media.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #57411  
Old 03-15-2018, 04:39 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
No? 18 is the age of an adult in most cases. Younger people have been charged as an adult, so why is this separate?
That doesn't mean he isn't a child. You know this damn well.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57412  
Old 03-15-2018, 04:53 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,366

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I'd be fine with increasing the age to 21 for all of that, well minus voting.
If they're not mature enough for those things, then they're not mature enough to vote.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57413  
Old 03-16-2018, 02:48 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,686
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
That doesn't mean he isn't a child. You know this damn well.
No? What makes someone a child, and why do we say 18 = adult then?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #57414  
Old 03-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,131

Orb of Lightning

I'm not sure I understand why it matters if this murderer was a child a not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #57415  
Old 03-16-2018, 05:43 PM
Arbourean Arbourean is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Arbourean's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 552

Default

Well I'm pleased to see that students have regained their First Amendment rights that the courts stated they didn't really have as students. Also, imo, old enough to serve means old enough to vote means old enough to purchase and possess a firearm. That goes for drinking too.
__________________
"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."
Charles James Napier
Reply With Quote
  #57416  
Old 03-16-2018, 08:44 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,366

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Sessions has fired McCabe (2nd highest in the FBI) 2 days before he was supposed to retire with full benefits.
"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally. It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/16/atto...on-sunday.html
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57417  
Old 03-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Sessions has fired McCabe (2nd highest in the FBI) 2 days before he was supposed to retire with full benefits.
"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally. It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/16/atto...on-sunday.html
The person who made the recommendation is Michael Horowitz, an Obama appointee and largely independent.

He seems to think McCabe has lied under oath. I do know that McCabe's statement conflicted with Comey's and indicates Comey lied under oath as well.

It really upsets me that people are saying he should have been allowed to get his pension when the IG said he's lied. The dude is worth millions of dollars.

I guess we will see later in the spring when the IG report is released.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57418  
Old 03-18-2018, 02:08 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,366

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
The person who made the recommendation is Michael Horowitz, an Obama appointee and largely independent.

He seems to think McCabe has lied under oath. I do know that McCabe's statement conflicted with Comey's and indicates Comey lied under oath as well.

It really upsets me that people are saying he should have been allowed to get his pension when the IG said he's lied. The dude is worth millions of dollars.

I guess we will see later in the spring when the IG report is released.
The reason they claim he was fired was because of "lack of candor" under oath a year or two ago. Lack of candor under oath being things like answering any questions you don't want to answer with "I don't recall."
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57419  
Old 03-18-2018, 02:41 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,144

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
The reason they claim he was fired was because of "lack of candor" under oath a year or two ago. Lack of candor under oath being things like answering any questions you don't want to answer with "I don't recall."
Guess it sucks to be held to the same standard as everyone else.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57420  
Old 03-18-2018, 02:43 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,366

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Guess it sucks to be held to the same standard as everyone else.
That would be the case if Sessions were out of the job.
This was clearly a political message and part of the administration's war against the FBI.
https://www.axios.com/andrew-mccabe-...8b94787d3.html

I won't be surprised if they fire Mueller soon.

[edit] Okay, it seems this one may have actually come directly from Sessions as reprisal for McCabe starting an investigation against him.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-f...ry?id=53914006
__________________
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 03-21-2018 at 03:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #57421  
Old 03-21-2018, 11:13 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

What We Know About Austin Bombing Suspect Mark Anthony Conditt

Can we build a wall around all the angry white men? They seem to be at least as dangerous as angry Muslim men!
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #57422  
Old 03-22-2018, 10:59 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
What We Know About Austin Bombing Suspect Mark Anthony Conditt

Can we build a wall around all the angry white men? They seem to be at least as dangerous as angry Muslim men!
Your colleges already do it with students demanding non-white safe spaces.
Reply With Quote
  #57423  
Old 03-22-2018, 06:46 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,366

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Your colleges already do it with students demanding non-white safe spaces.
(This is what right-wing Euros actually believe)
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57424  
Old 03-22-2018, 06:52 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,131

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
(This is what right-wing Euros actually believe)
It happens, though. Not as often as some people make it out to be, and not to the same degree, but there are crazy people on all sides.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #57425  
Old 03-22-2018, 09:11 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,366

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Looks like McMasters has been fired and has been replaced by some dude who wants to start a war with North Korea.
The best people.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.