Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
We could.
We should at least go out for the body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:26 PM

Elune

I checked the maple syrup bottle, he is not in there. Which is good, it means the Canadian mafia has not gotten him.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:52 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Venom

Following complaints over his recent harassment of others, and given the history of repeated pleas/warnings/suspensions asking him to improve his behavior in how he interacted with others in the community, the site-staff have unanimously agreed to ban GenyaArikado. If after at least six suspensions (according to the records in the Maker's Terrace) and he still cannot treat others decently, to not ban him would be to reward consistently-toxic posting.

Last edited by Shaman; 04-16-2018 at 02:59 AM..
Old 07-04-2018, 07:09 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Lightbulb

Triumvirate is now known as Khyrberos, in case anyone is confused.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:27 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Many thanks, Shaman; while I generally hate it when people change usernames & the confusion that inevitably results, I'm also working hard to maintain a singular online presence, and this was one of the last holdouts. Molto Bene!
...Triumvirate has it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Triumvirate; you weird.
Welcome to the club. Have a drink on the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I like this guy.
If you're interested in creating custom factions & heroes in Warcraft 3, I mod that over at The Hive Workshop (Also at Wc3C.net).

My primary Project Thread:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...ehere_.303712/
Old 10-06-2018, 01:26 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Old 10-07-2018, 03:38 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I would like to reiterate that the Unofficial Discord remains unofficial.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:58 AM

Exclamation

For the sake of transparency, I am informing each of you that Gurzog has received his third warning.

Should he be noticed in a negative way again, we will be forced to take actions against him.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:45 AM

Gurzog has been banned till December 28th due to his failure to comply with forum rules despite being given multiple warnings.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:34 PM

Exclamation

Due to a long history of racists and homophobic trolling in spite of multiple warnings and suspensions, Gurzog has been banned permanently from Scrolls of Lore.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:35 AM

Problemsolver

... and there was much rejoicing.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:37 AM

Elune

Goodnight sweet prince...
Old 02-14-2019, 08:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

This forum was much better with limited moderation. Soldrethar was the only ban I think I agreed with, but seeing what that ushered in I’m not sure anymore.

An admitted pedophile wasn’t banned but someone’s saying faggot was.

PJ was harassed by multiple users and an admin here but nothing was done because slurs weren’t thrown at her.

Magistrix Verdande said that I diddled kids because I go to church but I don’t think he was ever banned.

Being rude to each other was always part of this forum’s charm and I think the old punishment systems worked even if mods had to be more proactive.

The increased moderation may have been needed in some ways, but the terrible implementation of it along with the bad server killed this site.

Last edited by Erthad; 02-14-2019 at 09:03 PM..
Old 02-14-2019, 08:59 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

PJ wasn't permabanned. She stated over and over that she would never return if she ever got a temp suspension.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:03 PM

Elune

I know, I'm saying that she was harassed but the mods turned a blind eye to it while banning other users for harassment.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:04 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
I know, I'm saying that she was harassed but the mods turned a blind eye to it while banning other users for harassment.
Cantus didn't harass her, she could've blocked him just fine couldn't she?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-15-2019, 10:43 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

I don't recall anyone actually harassing PJ, just getting into the regular arguments.
I do recall her trying to accuse me of harassment because we used to PM each other, though.
Member #14
Old 02-15-2019, 04:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Cantus didn't harass her, she could've blocked him just fine couldn't she?
You can't block admins. And there are PMs floating out there of Cantus admitting to wanting to drive her out.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:03 PM

World Builder

Quote:
You can't block admins. And there are PMs floating out there of Cantus admitting to wanting to drive her out.
I don't recall that but if it's true, quote them and bring it up with Warlock.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-16-2019, 02:02 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

The mods and admins have always been reluctant to ban people, which is why Xil and Verdande weren't. Hammer was banned not because he called someone a faggot, but because he continuously harassed the same people over and over again despite warnings from the mods.

I still don't think many people have actually been banned for real. Soldrethar, Galdus, Hammerbrew, Genya, Gurzog... Nobody else really springs to mind, and each of them kinda really deserved it.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-17-2019, 01:26 AM

Default Personal Opinion.

Yes, it is impossible to block admins and mods. They need to be able to contact you in-case you break the rules, new rules come into law, etc. It is somewhat inconvenient for day-to-day business, but it is still possible to ignore posts manually.

Now, let's say you do not wish to interact with another poster and for some reason or another you are unwilling or unable to ignore them via the ignore function. If you tell them to stop contacting you, do they have to comply? Well... it depends.

If you state your opinion in a public forum, you should be prepared for reactions. Even from people you would rather not engage with. It may be considered rude for a person whom you've expressly told not that you wish to have no contact with to directly address you, but they are well within their rights.

But if they are contacting you via PM for matters unrelated to moderation... Let me put it this way: would you call someone or stand go to their home, after they've told you that they have no interest in seeing or talking to you? Probably not. It is rather creepy, is it not? So don't send PMs in this case either.

(This is just a generic statement. Any and all similarities to real cases are merely circumstantial. Also, it all depends on the language used and on the circumstances.)
Old 02-17-2019, 10:02 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Who's even left as a mod/admin here? The only one I see is Nazja.

And I salute the permaban of Gurzog. A few years too late, as I only read this place every few weeks, but it's still appreciated.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:32 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

This community went down the shitter the moment everyone and their mother became mods and started enforcing their bullshit on the rest of the users.

Someone pushing NDAs because he wanted to get promoted at Blizzard? Check. Political imbeciles forcing their viewpoint at discussions they weren't even invited to? Check. Easily offended manbabies going on power trips to win debates they're losing? Check. The guys in charge never giving a damn about the whole site itself? Check. And I could go on and on. I even called it before it started, but no one ever listens.

SoL was fine when there were no rules, back in the good old days of 2007 and beyond. It's so ironic how many of the people around here were more mature back then, in their 15-20's, being able to scroll down and ignore posts they didn't like, instead of the late years' constant childish whining about everything, god forbid random assholes in the Internet hurt your feelings.

I know Warcraft and Blizzard died years ago, and some will point at that, blaming it as if it was SoL's only reason for demise. It didn't help, obviously, but the site could have grown and evolved into something else, as does any united community, had it preserved what made it great in the first place.

Why do I even keep checking the site? I don't know, sometimes I get bored and just check a few old sites I loved in the past, takes a few seconds anyway, and even if I no longer care about Warcraft too much, the new art is still nice to look at. I don't even know half the people around here anymore, new users are new, and old users either went full retard, or changed their usernames for some reason that escapes my mind.

Quote:
This forum was much better with limited moderation. Soldrethar was the only ban I think I agreed with, but seeing what that ushered in I’m not sure anymore.

An admitted pedophile wasn’t banned but someone’s saying faggot was.

PJ was harassed by multiple users and an admin here but nothing was done because slurs weren’t thrown at her.

Magistrix Verdande said that I diddled kids because I go to church but I don’t think he was ever banned.

Being rude to each other was always part of this forum’s charm and I think the old punishment systems worked even if mods had to be more proactive.

The increased moderation may have been needed in some ways, but the terrible implementation of it along with the bad server killed this site.
Glad to see I'm not the only one with these opinions.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-17-2019, 04:41 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
SoL was fine when there were no rules, back in the good old days of 2007 and beyond. It's so ironic how many of the people around here were more mature back then, in their 15-20's, being able to scroll down and ignore posts they didn't like, instead of the late years' constant childish whining about everything, god forbid random assholes in the Internet hurt your feelings.

I know Warcraft and Blizzard died years ago, and some will point at that, blaming it as if it was SoL's only reason for demise. It didn't help, obviously, but the site could have grown and evolved into something else, as does any united community, had it preserved what made it great in the first place.
I dunno. When I came back I recall a few people said they appreciated having someone that wasn't contributing to the right-wing political circlejerk that was apparently going on. The rest of the forum was already dead and the attempts to stop the toxicity were too late.
Hell, back in the day as much moderation wasn't needed because everyone understood that internet forums will ban you for blatant flaming and slurs pertaining to race or sexual orientation. It seems people have this weird backwards nostalgia where they think forums all didn't have rules and everyone was free to post the most vile shit possible. That is really a very new thing.
Member #14
Old 02-17-2019, 06:06 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

If people were mature enough not to be offended by bullshit people post on this forum, them they wouldn't have left this forum for an alternative conservative echo chamber.
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
administrators, admins, assing, moderations, moderators, mods, no gifs allowed, regulations, rules, scrolls of lore, serious business, tag police