Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > StarCraft Discussion

Old 11-10-2015, 09:21 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default Nova: Covert Ops

So, we get to see the rise of Valerian's Dominion through the eyes of Nova. Cool. Based off the trailer I wonder if Lio Travski was the one communicating with her.

Also, the villains for this show, the Defenders of Man, sound like some sort of neo-kkk-human supremacist group. Honesty, it's not at all surprising. It fits the Terran culture, and it's a natural reaction to the appearance of 2 alien races with the ability to exterminate humanity showing up. Only reason it didn't show up sooner is up until now the government under Arcturus Mengsk was doing it for them as part of their propaganda. Now Valerian's in charge, has worked with Protoss and Zerg. The masses that fed on that propaganda aren't going to be happy. Possibly some old-guard leftovers from daddy's regime working with them.

Oh, and I found their theme song:
Old 11-10-2015, 10:06 PM

World Builder

I think it'll be interesting to see Valerian develop, I've honestly never been able to give a damn about Nova, but hey, maybe we can score some Lt. Morales and Sgt. Hammer Cameos.

Maybe Tosh too.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-27-2015, 10:00 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I think it'll be interesting to see Valerian develop, I've honestly never been able to give a damn about Nova, but hey, maybe we can score some Lt. Morales and Sgt. Hammer Cameos.

Maybe Tosh too.
Assuming they're not leaving him and Dr. Hanson in Shroedinger's box. I'd love to see him, although I'm not sure where he'd fit in the overall plot line. I almost think that Spectres would fit better in a Tal'Darim centric mission pack.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:04 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Kinda holding out that these defenders of man are tied to the UED and their "divinity of mankind" theory.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:30 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Kinda holding out that these defenders of man are tied to the UED and their "divinity of mankind" theory.
Maybe, though their advertized use of "Directorate Psychics" to keep the second Overmind pacified in BW suggests the UED isn't as hard-line about that stuff as its UPL precursor was.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:32 PM

Banished

i havent read what you did to make the op, so perhaps im stating something said, but i wouldnt be surprised if those Defenders are anti-psiconics too

I'd really to see what happened to Ariel. I wanna see her zergfied and playable.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:03 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Maybe, though their advertized use of "Directorate Psychics" to keep the second Overmind pacified in BW suggests the UED isn't as hard-line about that stuff as its UPL precursor was.
I'd have figured psychics would be considered the pinnacle of humanity's development thus far.

Instead of a UED that shuns them which is already basically done in Koprulu where they're trained as living weapons, I'd prefer a UED that actually treats them like decent humans and even if it does still force them into government or military service.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-27-2015, 11:43 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
I'd have figured psychics would be considered the pinnacle of humanity's development thus far.

Instead of a UED that shuns them which is already basically done in Koprulu where they're trained as living weapons, I'd prefer a UED that actually treats them like decent humans and even if it does still force them into government or military service.
One might think so, but the crux of Earth's stance on psionic human mutations was that they arose from various genetic, cybernetic, and pharmaceutical self-modifications becoming widespread and polluting the human gene pool.

(Which arguably might be the case, on some level; there's no telling what genetic stimuli would specifically awaken a given species' psionic abilities, so the large-scale introduction of extensive physiological "improvements" could very well have been the catalyst on Earth.)

Their essentially religious obsession with genetic purity led to their rounding up of people with such traits into camps where they were being executed, while letting a bunch be shipped off to the Koprulu Sector (i.e. away from Earth.) Earth's governments were actively working to exterminate human psionic potential because they considered it a corruption spawned by various heretical violations of mankind's genetic purity.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-27-2015 at 11:48 PM..
Old 11-28-2015, 08:04 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
One might think so, but the crux of Earth's stance on psionic human mutations was that they arose from various genetic, cybernetic, and pharmaceutical self-modifications becoming widespread and polluting the human gene pool.

(Which arguably might be the case, on some level; there's no telling what genetic stimuli would specifically awaken a given species' psionic abilities, so the large-scale introduction of extensive physiological "improvements" could very well have been the catalyst on Earth.)

Their essentially religious obsession with genetic purity led to their rounding up of people with such traits into camps where they were being executed, while letting a bunch be shipped off to the Koprulu Sector (i.e. away from Earth.) Earth's governments were actively working to exterminate human psionic potential because they considered it a corruption spawned by various heretical violations of mankind's genetic purity.
I remember the manual, I'm still sad they didn't work in that "Doran" person who got them onto the ships wasn't somehow related to Duran.

Wasn't Stukov a ghost though? You'd think that things have to have changed by now if he's in a high level military position prior to his infestation.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 11-28-2015, 10:12 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Wasn't Stukov a ghost though? You'd think that things have to have changed by now if he's in a high level military position prior to his infestation.
Nah, he wasn't a ghost. That was just them saving the trouble of having the make a unique model for him.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:00 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Quote:

Big government don't like people who can out their secrets.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:46 AM

World Builder

Hmm 14.99 for 9 missions isn't bad. Debating whether to prepurchase or not.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 12-13-2015, 04:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

What type of game is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:37 PM

Arch-Druid

Gold (War3)

RTS, its a dlc for legacy.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:38 PM

Elune

Ehhhhhhh.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised but ehhhh.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:16 PM

Eternal

Alright guys we need to keep selling starcraft. Now instead of having it around interesting characters like valerian and horner i was thinking we just have it around widowmaker 1.0 and call it a day.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 PM

Banished

They're still "making up" to her for having cancelled ghost.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:37 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
They're still "making up" to her for having cancelled ghost.
I really am glad overwatch has them branching out female character designs because

Looking at that female Diablo sin who's name i can't remember, and Kerrigan, and Nova, and infested kerrigan, and widowmaker... and then sylvanas's story...

It's just really damn repetitive.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-15-2016, 01:03 PM

Banished

Old 03-19-2016, 05:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
I really am glad overwatch has them branching out female character designs because

Looking at that female Diablo sin who's name i can't remember, and Kerrigan, and Nova, and infested kerrigan, and widowmaker... and then sylvanas's story...

It's just really damn repetitive.
Elaborate?
Old 03-19-2016, 09:34 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Elaborate?
Blizz tends to be repetitive with aesthetic design and backstory and this is especially pronounced with Kerrigan and that Female Diablo Demon and Kerrigan-Ghost and Nova-Ghost and Widowmaker(notghost)

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-19-2016, 01:01 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Andariel does look a bit like Infested Kerrigan.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:08 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Andariel does look a bit like Infested Kerrigan.
She's got the same weird stabby not-wings that Kerrigan has.

I've never understood those.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-20-2016, 07:35 AM

Elune

Quote:
Blizz tends to be repetitive with aesthetic design and backstory and this is especially pronounced with Kerrigan and that Female Diablo Demon and Kerrigan-Ghost and Nova-Ghost and Widowmaker(notghost)
Their butts are diverse. Clearly you're not a butt man.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2016, 02:32 PM

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.

Tags
heresy, starcraft 2