Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 05-09-2014, 06:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
I would be grateful if people from Britain could give us pages talking about his speech from various political positions.
I'll look it up.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:54 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDimus the Staunch View Post
Question to non-British Europeans on this issue-why do they want Britain to stay in the EU anyway?
Strength in numbers!

Also, footing the bill.

To be fair, it's as much the former as it is the latter. The EU is, at its core, an organization to promote inter-european trade and economic stability. It does a few other things, but that's the main gist. Britain is one of the more influential economies in the region. People want to benefit from easier trade with it, people want insurance that the economic powerhouse of britain doesn't crash, and vice versa, people want to have an economic powerhouse insure that they don't crash.

That's the theory anyway. My knowledge of economics is admittedly not very exhaustive, so I can't really make a good judgement regarding how important it is.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:52 AM

Eternal

I'm glad that we have both ends of the Kiev fascist junta spectrum here.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:13 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post

No I aint British and I don't care about British politics this just amused me.
Saw this floating elsewhere and it annoys me.

When people are coming to your country to take advantage of your health system (taking tax payers money), then departing back to their homeland. People are entitled to bitch, IMO.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Strength in numbers!

Also, footing the bill.

To be fair, it's as much the former as it is the latter. The EU is, at its core, an organization to promote inter-european trade and economic stability. It does a few other things, but that's the main gist. Britain is one of the more influential economies in the region. People want to benefit from easier trade with it, people want insurance that the economic powerhouse of britain doesn't crash, and vice versa, people want to have an economic powerhouse insure that they don't crash.

That's the theory anyway. My knowledge of economics is admittedly not very exhaustive, so I can't really make a good judgement regarding how important it is.
Yep I think It's mostly this.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Putin and his government are Fascists : they don't let the Russian opposition access to the media and are known for twisting the law to their benefits. They have already held a fake referendum in Crimea, they'll do the same in Eastern Ukraine. Futhermore, Putin and his cronies hold a disturbing Pan-Slavism politic and use appeal to the worst part of nationalisms among the Russian.

They are Fascists, more than the true government of Ukraine will ever be.

By the way, fuck off, little piece of shit. You don't know anything about me. Nothing. You are even too dumb to understand my positions on Syria and International events because you are so lost in your twisted Nationalists and religious delusions that it isn't even funny anymore. By supporting Putin, you support the most anti-democratic leader in Europe. But I guess you're okay with Victor Orban actions in Hungary, because it is for the good of the ethnic Hungarian or some bullshit like that ?
Eat shit and die, filthy deranged communist. Being called stupid by a psychotic little shitstain like yourself I take as a compliment.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 05-09-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Old 05-09-2014, 12:10 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
People like you I shall always fight, who are obsessed with murder and mayhem, supporters of deranged religious cultists like the islamist terrorists in Syria and of anti-democratic forces like that of the Kiev coup junta.
You are the same guy who said you wanted the EU economy to crumble because of the conflict with Russia. Hypocrite much?
Old 05-09-2014, 12:20 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
You are the same guy who said you wanted the EU economy to crumble because of the conflict with Russia. Hypocrite much?
A needed period of economic regression to bring down something even worse. Besides, it would be a necessary lesson for the europeans. Don't take your economic strength for granted.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:22 PM

Eternal

I wish that passions could be contained. I feel like this emphasis on passion within argument is driving our society into extinction. It is a product of the modern fallacy of individualism.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:26 PM

Needs A Hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
I wish that passions could be contained. I feel like this emphasis on passion within argument is driving our society into extinction. It is a product of the modern fallacy of individualism.
Ah, but then we'd no longer be Human, I think.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:26 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Quote:
A needed period of economic regression to bring down something even worse. Besides, it would be a necessary lesson for the europeans. Don't take your economic strength for granted.
I-- just-- what?

European countries deserve more economic troubles because? Why? Why is it a necessary lesson?
Old 05-09-2014, 12:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
European countries deserve more economic troubles because? Why? Why is it a necessary lesson?
Might as well not ask since I pointed out his hypocrisy and hard-on for the EU crumbling along with it's supporters. As he said before, it's a ''necessary sacrifice''.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:54 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Quote:
Fascist referendum? since when were the Kiev coup junta going to hold a referendum in Eastern Ukraine? All they've been doing is murder their own countrymen and women. Shooting unarmed women for the "crime" of bringing bread to their neighbours who seek to protect their homes from the SA of Kiev, The Right Sector.
People like you I shall always fight, who are obsessed with murder and mayhem, supporters of deranged religious cultists like the islamist terrorists in Syria and of anti-democratic forces like that of the Kiev coup junta.
Anti-democratic Kiev coup junta oh god my fucking sides.

10/10 for successful baiting though. Unless you're actually eating up Russia's propaganda in which case I would feel kind of bad for you.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
Ah, but then we'd no longer be Human, I think.
Not true. This is a new phenomenon. Traditionally, most people didn't even think they had a right to an opinion, or didn't bother to worry about such things. Individualism is a scourge of the present.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Not true. This is a new phenomenon. Traditionally, most people didn't even think they had a right to an opinion, or didn't bother worry about such things.
And those times are times we should be striving to emulate because...?
Old 05-09-2014, 01:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Europeans cray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:57 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWunclerIII View Post
And those times are times we should be striving to emulate because...?
Individualism is a scourge. Everyone likes to think that they have a right to an opinion, that they are 'unique' and 'special'. This is not the case. We are all humans, and we all deserve the same. No one is better than anyone else, and the privileging of rational modes that originate in academia and have dispersed through the public has destroyed the traditional irrationality of the people.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Individualism is a scourge. Everyone likes to think that they have a right to an opinion, that they are 'unique' and 'special'. This is not the case. We are all humans, and we all deserve the same. No one is better than anyone else, and the privileging of rational modes that originate in academia and have dispersed through the public has destroyed the traditional irrationality of the people.
Just because we're all humans doesn't mean we're all not individuals. We each have our own memories, our own thoughts, our own opinions, our own qualities and standards, looks, and individuality.

We are not ants. We're not a hive-mind.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Just because we're all humans doesn't mean we're all not individuals. We each have our own memories, our own thoughts, our own opinions, our own qualities and standards, looks, and individuality.

Don't encourage him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:

Humanity is no hive-mind, but no person is an isolated 'special' unit either. We are all inherently interconnected by our humanity, and our experience is shaped by that humanity. We are not all that different, no matter how much some people like to cast divisions into our lot. The idea that our 'thoughts' and our 'opinions' are 'our own' or 'proper to ourself' is laughable. These are merely part of an endless train of self-referential human consciousness, shaped by the environment in which one resides, and by all the antecedent human thoughts before them.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Humanity is no hive-mind, but no person is an isolated 'special' unit either. We are all inherently interconnected by our humanity, and our experience is shaped by that humanity. We are not all that different, no matter how much some people like to cast divisions into our lot. The idea that our 'thoughts' and our 'opinions' are 'our own' or 'proper to ourself' is laughable. These are merely part of an endless train of self-referential human consciousness, shaped by the environment in which one resides, and by all the antecedent human thoughts before them.
What the fuck is this interconnected by our humanity bullshit?

The very fact that you thing we're all interconnected, and that we're all the same and somehow our thoughts are shaped by human thoughts before us which we'd have no way of knowing and that I'm disagreeing with you just collapses your argument right there.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:16 PM

Eternal

Quote:
What the fuck is this interconnected by our humanity bullshit?

The very fact that you thing we're all interconnected, and that we're all the same and somehow our thoughts are shaped by human thoughts before us which we'd have no way of knowing and that I'm disagreeing with you just collapses your argument right there.
Oh, dear fellow…

Do you know, that before one is born, one's place in the world is already determined? Before one gains consciousness, one is already given a name? One's reality constitutes one as a subject, and one has no control over that reality. One is born into a household with values, and norms. One is born into a society with values and norms. One will hear these, one will be injected by these, before one can even reject them. And even if one does reject them, one will be doing so in response, not as an illusory original action.

All human thought is self-referential. We live and thrive on a base of knowledge that all humans have been accumulating for centuries, and which is passed onto us by the societies into which we are born. We cannot exist outside the structure in which we are born into, because our frame of mind, our constitution as "subject" is shaped by ideologies that hail us at birth.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Don't encourage him.
Why? I need something to laugh at.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Why? I need something to laugh at.
My grandfather on my mother's side was in music hall. It's built into my blood!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:23 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

So why are we arguing the merits of collectivism and individualism?

Tags
politics