Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6351  
Old 05-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Blayze Blayze is offline

Arch-Druid
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,043

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
I would be grateful if people from Britain could give us pages talking about his speech from various political positions.
I'll look it up.
Reply With Quote
  #6352  
Old 05-09-2014, 06:54 AM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,786

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDimus the Staunch View Post
Question to non-British Europeans on this issue-why do they want Britain to stay in the EU anyway?
Strength in numbers!

Also, footing the bill.

To be fair, it's as much the former as it is the latter. The EU is, at its core, an organization to promote inter-european trade and economic stability. It does a few other things, but that's the main gist. Britain is one of the more influential economies in the region. People want to benefit from easier trade with it, people want insurance that the economic powerhouse of britain doesn't crash, and vice versa, people want to have an economic powerhouse insure that they don't crash.

That's the theory anyway. My knowledge of economics is admittedly not very exhaustive, so I can't really make a good judgement regarding how important it is.
__________________
This is not a signature.
Reply With Quote
  #6353  
Old 05-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Eagan Eagan is offline

Eternal
Eagan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,136

Default

I'm glad that we have both ends of the Kiev fascist junta spectrum here.
Reply With Quote
  #6354  
Old 05-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Insipid_Lobster Insipid_Lobster is offline

Eternal
Insipid_Lobster's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Yolkshur
Posts: 3,742
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post


No I aint British and I don't care about British politics this just amused me.
Saw this floating elsewhere and it annoys me.

When people are coming to your country to take advantage of your health system (taking tax payers money), then departing back to their homeland. People are entitled to bitch, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #6355  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Ashendant Ashendant is offline

Elune
Ashendant's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 15,557
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Strength in numbers!

Also, footing the bill.

To be fair, it's as much the former as it is the latter. The EU is, at its core, an organization to promote inter-european trade and economic stability. It does a few other things, but that's the main gist. Britain is one of the more influential economies in the region. People want to benefit from easier trade with it, people want insurance that the economic powerhouse of britain doesn't crash, and vice versa, people want to have an economic powerhouse insure that they don't crash.

That's the theory anyway. My knowledge of economics is admittedly not very exhaustive, so I can't really make a good judgement regarding how important it is.
Yep I think It's mostly this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6356  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Putin and his government are Fascists : they don't let the Russian opposition access to the media and are known for twisting the law to their benefits. They have already held a fake referendum in Crimea, they'll do the same in Eastern Ukraine. Futhermore, Putin and his cronies hold a disturbing Pan-Slavism politic and use appeal to the worst part of nationalisms among the Russian.

They are Fascists, more than the true government of Ukraine will ever be.

By the way, fuck off, little piece of shit. You don't know anything about me. Nothing. You are even too dumb to understand my positions on Syria and International events because you are so lost in your twisted Nationalists and religious delusions that it isn't even funny anymore. By supporting Putin, you support the most anti-democratic leader in Europe. But I guess you're okay with Victor Orban actions in Hungary, because it is for the good of the ethnic Hungarian or some bullshit like that ?
Eat shit and die, filthy deranged communist. Being called stupid by a psychotic little shitstain like yourself I take as a compliment.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 05-09-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6357  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:10 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
People like you I shall always fight, who are obsessed with murder and mayhem, supporters of deranged religious cultists like the islamist terrorists in Syria and of anti-democratic forces like that of the Kiev coup junta.
You are the same guy who said you wanted the EU economy to crumble because of the conflict with Russia. Hypocrite much?
Reply With Quote
  #6358  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
You are the same guy who said you wanted the EU economy to crumble because of the conflict with Russia. Hypocrite much?
A needed period of economic regression to bring down something even worse. Besides, it would be a necessary lesson for the europeans. Don't take your economic strength for granted.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #6359  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Eagan Eagan is offline

Eternal
Eagan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,136

Default

I wish that passions could be contained. I feel like this emphasis on passion within argument is driving our society into extinction. It is a product of the modern fallacy of individualism.
Reply With Quote
  #6360  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
I wish that passions could be contained. I feel like this emphasis on passion within argument is driving our society into extinction. It is a product of the modern fallacy of individualism.
Ah, but then we'd no longer be Human, I think.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6361  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Insipid_Lobster Insipid_Lobster is offline

Eternal
Insipid_Lobster's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Yolkshur
Posts: 3,742
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
A needed period of economic regression to bring down something even worse. Besides, it would be a necessary lesson for the europeans. Don't take your economic strength for granted.
I-- just-- what?

European countries deserve more economic troubles because? Why? Why is it a necessary lesson?
Reply With Quote
  #6362  
Old 05-09-2014, 12:31 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
European countries deserve more economic troubles because? Why? Why is it a necessary lesson?
Might as well not ask since I pointed out his hypocrisy and hard-on for the EU crumbling along with it's supporters. As he said before, it's a ''necessary sacrifice''.
Reply With Quote
  #6363  
Old 05-09-2014, 01:54 PM
EdWunclerIII EdWunclerIII is offline

Arch-Druid
EdWunclerIII's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 1,984
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Fascist referendum? since when were the Kiev coup junta going to hold a referendum in Eastern Ukraine? All they've been doing is murder their own countrymen and women. Shooting unarmed women for the "crime" of bringing bread to their neighbours who seek to protect their homes from the SA of Kiev, The Right Sector.
People like you I shall always fight, who are obsessed with murder and mayhem, supporters of deranged religious cultists like the islamist terrorists in Syria and of anti-democratic forces like that of the Kiev coup junta.
Anti-democratic Kiev coup junta oh god my fucking sides.

10/10 for successful baiting though. Unless you're actually eating up Russia's propaganda in which case I would feel kind of bad for you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
LORE! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #6364  
Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Eagan Eagan is offline

Eternal
Eagan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
Ah, but then we'd no longer be Human, I think.
Not true. This is a new phenomenon. Traditionally, most people didn't even think they had a right to an opinion, or didn't bother to worry about such things. Individualism is a scourge of the present.
Reply With Quote
  #6365  
Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 PM
EdWunclerIII EdWunclerIII is offline

Arch-Druid
EdWunclerIII's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 1,984
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
Not true. This is a new phenomenon. Traditionally, most people didn't even think they had a right to an opinion, or didn't bother worry about such things.
And those times are times we should be striving to emulate because...?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
LORE! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #6366  
Old 05-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,666
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Europeans cray.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #6367  
Old 05-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Eagan Eagan is offline

Eternal
Eagan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWunclerIII View Post
And those times are times we should be striving to emulate because...?
Individualism is a scourge. Everyone likes to think that they have a right to an opinion, that they are 'unique' and 'special'. This is not the case. We are all humans, and we all deserve the same. No one is better than anyone else, and the privileging of rational modes that originate in academia and have dispersed through the public has destroyed the traditional irrationality of the people.
Reply With Quote
  #6368  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:00 PM
EdWunclerIII EdWunclerIII is offline

Arch-Druid
EdWunclerIII's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 1,984
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
Individualism is a scourge. Everyone likes to think that they have a right to an opinion, that they are 'unique' and 'special'. This is not the case. We are all humans, and we all deserve the same. No one is better than anyone else, and the privileging of rational modes that originate in academia and have dispersed through the public has destroyed the traditional irrationality of the people.
Just because we're all humans doesn't mean we're all not individuals. We each have our own memories, our own thoughts, our own opinions, our own qualities and standards, looks, and individuality.

We are not ants. We're not a hive-mind.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
LORE! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #6369  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,666
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWunclerIII View Post
Just because we're all humans doesn't mean we're all not individuals. We each have our own memories, our own thoughts, our own opinions, our own qualities and standards, looks, and individuality.

We are not ants. We're not a hive-mind.
Don't encourage him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #6370  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Eagan Eagan is offline

Eternal
Eagan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWunclerIII View Post
Just because we're all humans doesn't mean we're all not individuals. We each have our own memories, our own thoughts, our own opinions, our own qualities and standards, looks, and individuality.

We are not ants. We're not a hive-mind.
Humanity is no hive-mind, but no person is an isolated 'special' unit either. We are all inherently interconnected by our humanity, and our experience is shaped by that humanity. We are not all that different, no matter how much some people like to cast divisions into our lot. The idea that our 'thoughts' and our 'opinions' are 'our own' or 'proper to ourself' is laughable. These are merely part of an endless train of self-referential human consciousness, shaped by the environment in which one resides, and by all the antecedent human thoughts before them.
Reply With Quote
  #6371  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:10 PM
EdWunclerIII EdWunclerIII is offline

Arch-Druid
EdWunclerIII's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 1,984
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
Humanity is no hive-mind, but no person is an isolated 'special' unit either. We are all inherently interconnected by our humanity, and our experience is shaped by that humanity. We are not all that different, no matter how much some people like to cast divisions into our lot. The idea that our 'thoughts' and our 'opinions' are 'our own' or 'proper to ourself' is laughable. These are merely part of an endless train of self-referential human consciousness, shaped by the environment in which one resides, and by all the antecedent human thoughts before them.
What the fuck is this interconnected by our humanity bullshit?

The very fact that you thing we're all interconnected, and that we're all the same and somehow our thoughts are shaped by human thoughts before us which we'd have no way of knowing and that I'm disagreeing with you just collapses your argument right there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
LORE! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #6372  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Eagan Eagan is offline

Eternal
Eagan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWunclerIII View Post
What the fuck is this interconnected by our humanity bullshit?

The very fact that you thing we're all interconnected, and that we're all the same and somehow our thoughts are shaped by human thoughts before us which we'd have no way of knowing and that I'm disagreeing with you just collapses your argument right there.
Oh, dear fellow…

Do you know, that before one is born, one's place in the world is already determined? Before one gains consciousness, one is already given a name? One's reality constitutes one as a subject, and one has no control over that reality. One is born into a household with values, and norms. One is born into a society with values and norms. One will hear these, one will be injected by these, before one can even reject them. And even if one does reject them, one will be doing so in response, not as an illusory original action.

All human thought is self-referential. We live and thrive on a base of knowledge that all humans have been accumulating for centuries, and which is passed onto us by the societies into which we are born. We cannot exist outside the structure in which we are born into, because our frame of mind, our constitution as "subject" is shaped by ideologies that hail us at birth.
Reply With Quote
  #6373  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:17 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Don't encourage him.
Why? I need something to laugh at.
Reply With Quote
  #6374  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Eagan Eagan is offline

Eternal
Eagan's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Why? I need something to laugh at.
My grandfather on my mother's side was in music hall. It's built into my blood!
Reply With Quote
  #6375  
Old 05-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Garotar Garotar is offline

Site Staff - News
Garotar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,772
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Default

So why are we arguing the merits of collectivism and individualism?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.