Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-08-2018, 08:02 PM

Huntress

So there's an AU Garrosh Paladin running around. I don't even know what to say anymore. I give up.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:09 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

Crow and his masters must be having a fucking laugh butchering the Draenei and making Yrel into Al-Bagdadhi leading her own ISIS

Blizzard wants everyone to roll Horde. It's that simple. They are trying to justify not working on Alliance content. Fucking ridiculous the way these chuckleheads want to "write a story"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:45 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

By Me that has certainly dug a new, new low for stupid shit to drop.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:47 PM

Eternal

It reads like fucking bad fanfiction written by an edgy 13 year old Forsaken player
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:56 PM

Ranger

My fucking god.

It's an entire Monkey's Paw worth of wishes served up/

"Yrel wasn't handled so well.""

"Orcs were kind of let off scott free."

"Why isn't the Alliance doing any heinous shit to be "Just as Bad?"

All three in one fucking go, all three fingers.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:00 PM

Eternal

It's Blizzard, they suck the Horde's monkey's paw as far as they can deepthroat it
Quote:
Old 05-08-2018, 09:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Hooooooly heck, the Mag'har recruitment scenario dialogue is here and it's insane.

-The orcs and draenei lived in peace for some time after the events of WoD, but then Yrel tried to convert the orcs to the Ligh at the behest of her "naaru masters" this went over very badly. Some orcs converted willingly, the majority refused.

-Yrel and the draenei went evil, becoming basically the Scarlet Crusade 2.0, "The Lightbound." They've fought a holy war against the orcs ever since, killing most and forcibly converting others, including Grommash's young son.

-Durotan and Draka had a daughter, Geya'rah, who is now one of the leaders of the mag'har. Durotan was killed by the Lightbound while Draka commands a garrison in Nagrand.

-The orcs have driven the primals from Gorgrond, turning it into something more akin to it's pre-revamp design. The Lightbound see this as savegry that is destroying their own world, and one of the reasons why they feel the need to "convert" the orcs.

-The Lightbound's dialogue is very similar to the Lighforged's (including some direct allusions to Illidan and Xe'ra's conversation) I can't help but wonder if AU!Xe'ra is involved.
That's... horrible. (And is shitting on Alliance again, BTW, thought it matters little in the end)

I always said meddling with alternate universes is bad! I WARNED YOU, BLIZZARD! There was a perfectly serviable group of Mag'har in the main timeline!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
This is no what I meant when I said I wanted to see Yrel again.
Yes, it's very very shitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
By Me that has certainly dug a new, new low for stupid shit to drop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
It reads like fucking bad fanfiction written by an edgy 13 year old Forsaken player
Both are valid points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
My fucking god.

It's an entire Monkey's Paw worth of wishes served up/

"Yrel wasn't handled so well.""

"Orcs were kind of let off scott free."

"Why isn't the Alliance doing any heinous shit to be "Just as Bad?"

All three in one fucking go, all three fingers.
Hell yeah, Blizzard really went full retard with this one.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 05-08-2018, 09:11 PM

Eternal

I would act surprised but at this point I'm never surprised when Blizzard bastardizes Alliance story content anymore.
Quote:
Old 05-08-2018, 09:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I would act surprised but at this point I'm never surprised when Blizzard bastardizes Alliance story content anymore.
But you're characters are gaining ground! They're fighting the Horde! They're killing Orcs who damned well deserve it for various past grievances!

Welcome to the Horde for the past decade! You get to be evil for some shallow poorly defined reasons. Don't you just love having your cock sucked with all this grade A double-plus good content!? Is it all that you dreamed of?

IS IT?

HAHA. But seriously, give me back by shoes. You don't want to go walking in them.

That outrage and disgust you're feeling? That feeling you got cheated by a Monkey's Paw? That's what it means to be the Horde. Welcome to the club. Now you'll finally understand. Come now!

Share in our suffering! There's more than enough to go around.

HAHAHA!

Not laughing at your pain here. Not really. I'm laughing at you for thinking the Horde has had it better, when this is exactly what the Horde has had since Thrall left. This is what the villain bat feels like. Unexpected, cruel, and clumsy. And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Don't pretend the grass is any greener and that the Horde hasn't lost a ton of characters it desperately wanted to keep.

Last edited by Krakhed; 05-08-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Old 05-08-2018, 10:38 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
But you're characters are gaining ground! They're fighting the Horde! They're killing Orcs who damned well deserve it for various past grievances!

Welcome to the Horde for the past decade! You get to be evil for some shallow poorly defined reasons. Don't you just love having your cock sucked with all this grade A double-plus good content!? Is it all that you dreamed of?

IS IT?

HAHA. But seriously, give me back by shoes. You don't want to go walking in them.

That outrage and disgust you're feeling? That feeling you got cheated by a Monkey's Paw? That's what it means to be the Horde. Welcome to the club. Now you'll finally understand. Come now!

Share in our suffering! There's more than enough to go around.

HAHAHA!

Not laughing at your pain here. Not really. I'm laughing at you for thinking the Horde has had it better, when this is exactly what the Horde has had since Thrall left. This is what the villain bat feels like. Unexpected, cruel, and clumsy. And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Don't pretend the grass is any greener and that the Horde hasn't lost a ton of characters it desperately wanted to keep.

Actually, come to think of it we may actually be seeing the beginning of the Alliance’s Villain bat. I thought it would come from Alleria going over the Deep End with the Void, or from Odyn perhaps, but the Alliance has also brought the Lightforged in and there’s no reason why they couldn’t turn out the same way. Add to that Turalyon, who was devoted to Xe’ra, and technically he was the last one to hold the Title of Supreme Commander of the Alliance.........

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 05-08-2018 at 10:47 PM..
Old 05-08-2018, 11:04 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

In other news, they changed the Sylvanas orders in Stormsong to be less over the top evil.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:06 PM

Ranger

Quote:
In other news, they changed the Sylvanas orders in Stormsong to be less over the top evil.

Well...it's...some improvement
Old 05-08-2018, 11:19 PM

Arch-Druid

*reads the stuff about the Mag'har recruitment*

Congrats, y'all! You're Dragonlance, now! All hail Queenpriest Yrel!
Old 05-08-2018, 11:28 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

The Lightbound make sense to me, given the fanaticism inspired by all naaru, no exception.

Alliance players shouldn't feel outraged towards "their" content ("their" draenei).

The same ones having a massive meltdown right now over Yrel and buddies would likely portray the same reaction towards Feanor's actions if The Silmarillion was a MMORPG and not a book.

Last edited by Krainz; 05-08-2018 at 11:44 PM..
Old 05-08-2018, 11:47 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quirn, mind your manners.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:10 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Orc Icon (War3)

Quote:
Hooooooly heck, the Mag'har recruitment scenario dialogue is here and it's insane.

-The orcs and draenei lived in peace for some time after the events of WoD, but then Yrel tried to convert the orcs to the Ligh at the behest of her "naaru masters" this went over very badly. Some orcs converted willingly, the majority refused.

-Yrel and the draenei went evil, becoming basically the Scarlet Crusade 2.0, "The Lightbound." They've fought a holy war against the orcs ever since, killing most and forcibly converting others, including Grommash's young son.

-Durotan and Draka had a daughter, Geya'rah, who is now one of the leaders of the mag'har. Durotan was killed by the Lightbound while Draka commands a garrison in Nagrand.

-The orcs have driven the primals from Gorgrond, turning it into something more akin to it's pre-revamp design. The Lightbound see this as savegry that is destroying their own world, and one of the reasons why they feel the need to "convert" the orcs.

-The Lightbound's dialogue is very similar to the Lighforged's (including some direct allusions to Illidan and Xe'ra's conversation) I can't help but wonder if AU!Xe'ra is involved.
That's so stupid it hurts.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:10 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Quirn, mind your manners.
Yes I am sorry beep boop
Quote:
Old 05-09-2018, 02:15 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Im not surprised by this. With how crazy we saw how the light can be and not knowing what events happened to them in the last 30+ years in the AU, this could have gone many ways. Im not defending they way they decided to go about it, especially such a huge event like this happening again off screen doesnt give players any context and really just makes me say WTF?!
I do agree with Decide they could have used our own MU orcs but WoD will always be the red headed stepchild of WoW expansions
Old 05-09-2018, 05:01 AM

Arch-Druid

Damn that is some shitty writing about the AU Draenor.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:04 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I love this, Finally Draenei are interesting. And The orcs more so.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:15 AM

Arch-Druid

While I dislike Yrel becoming "evil", this development makes kinda sense.

Remember, the AU Draenei have no Velen anymore. And since the Mag'har are clearly blaming the Naaru for this and after what we have witnessed with Xe'ra....

Yeah, they are basically the Scarlett Crusade 2.0 without Demons. But they would make a kinda interesting new threat.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Im not surprised by this. With how crazy we saw how the light can be and not knowing what events happened to them in the last 30+ years in the AU, this could have gone many ways. Im not defending they way they decided to go about it, especially such a huge event like this happening again off screen doesnt give players any context and really just makes me say WTF?!
I do agree with Decide they could have used our own MU orcs but WoD will always be the red headed stepchild of WoW expansions
This is bad storytelling 101.

So, Grommash was whitewashed, while Yrel gets hit by the villain bat because "LOL Light corrupts". Of course, maybe Yrel is really the hero and we are only seeing the mag'har PoV, but I really doub this story will ever be fully covered. Hell, I hope it's forgotten for all eternity.

As a plus, I already felt it was forced that the AU!Mag'har would leave a perfectly livable Draenor to come to a war that does not matter to them at all. It's now worse: they are going to come to a war that does not matter to them at all despite having their own little war in their world. Nice strategy, AU!Grommash.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:58 AM

Arch-Druid

This is the same thing as the old gods undermining an existing character's personality by poking them with a tentacle. The naaru doing it doesn't make it suddenly deep. It's the same old tired corruption story as always.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:06 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
This is the same thing as the old gods undermining an existing character's personality by poking them with a tentacle. The naaru doing it doesn't make it suddenly deep. It's the same old tired corruption story as always.
Thank you, I was going to talk about that in my post, but couldn't find the right words.

It's stupid. And worse, it's a retcon that clashes with old lore. We've been using the Light safely since the beginning of the franchise, and suddenly it not only is corruptive, but it also starts happening everywhere.

It's one thing to have a fanatic group misunderstanding the Light. It's nice to see a naaru that is dangerous. But it's stupid to make the Light itself corruptive.

Scarlet Crusade was crazy because it was the Scarlet Crusade. They were desperate, surrounded by enemies, manipulated by demons. It was not just "oh, we are in peaceful times and you used too much Light, lol".

The Arakkoa Adherents were corrupted because they were assholes. They wanted the Light for themselves. It was not just "oh, the Light corrupted us".

And, to make matters worse, AU!Draenei still have the Auchenai, who deal with Shadow and should balance the Light, and the Rangari, who are pragmatists not linked to any magic power. If anything, the draenei should have been as divided as the orcs.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:11 AM

Demon Hunter

So let's talk about this.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=284237/b...-text-spoilers

Last night I was of the opinion that Tyrande's text did not provide sufficient context for an evaluation, and to an extent that's still true, but the more I let it sit, the worse it sounds. If Alliance leaders can just teleport as Tyrande apparently does in this scenario, where are the rest of them in this scenario? Is the Night Elf army really out of position as we've been lead to believe, or do they just go out with a whimper? Why does Tyrande so quickly believe Saurfang when he declares that she will just be killed at Teldrassil? Is she really in that much doubt of her own ability to lead her own forces, or her own forces ability to mount a defense after the Horde had been fighting for as long as it had? (It's also fair to ask, if the Night Elf leader doesn't believe that Night Elves are competent, why should the player?)

She believes there will be an occupation? Is she ordering the player character to declare a surrender then? Shouldn't she make sure of that? Or does she believe it's going to be destroyed? In that case, shouldn't she throw her attention into the rescue effort and have the player whisk Malfurion off to Stormwind? Where are her priorities here?

I get that this is going to get swept aside by the new ideas for Yrel, but I can't let this slip without comment. It's getting more and more concerning with each new release, and less and less likely that the Teldrassil scenario will come anywhere close to the benchmark set by the Horde's performance in the Fall of Lordaeron scenario.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 05-09-2018 at 07:17 AM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft