Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-05-2018, 04:52 AM

Eternal

The Alliance counterpart could be very well the Light Undead or whatever Calia turned into.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Couldn't we have Necromancers simply by re-skinning Warlocks? Change the Fire damage to Frost, replace the Demon summons with undead summons, rename the spells and change their animations and we've got a class with a new flavor but without the balancing issues.

And if Blizzard felt like adding a new Hero Class, we could have Necromancers and Dark Rangers.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Couldn't we have Necromancers simply by re-skinning Warlocks?
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Couldn't we have Necromancers simply by re-skinning Warlocks? Change the Fire damage to Frost, replace the Demon summons with undead summons, rename the spells and change their animations and we've got a class with a new flavor but without the balancing issues.

And if Blizzard felt like adding a new Hero Class, we could have Necromancers and Dark Rangers.
This is what should happen.
I’d love to see more class reskins, but I’m at a bit of a loss as to what those could be.

Maybe Blademasters out of monks (let them use their weapons more, abilities that invoke demigods from Draenor instead of the August Celestials).

Mage: no clue? A mage is a mage.
Priest: more options,
Druid: maybe something that evokes something other than natural animals? I don’t really know.

This probably needs its own thread....
Old 10-05-2018, 01:49 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

lmao i've seen fan fiction written by sixth graders better then the darkshore "story"

"I'm mad at Tyrande and Elune for not saving our people from being genocided, so I am going to join the people who genocided my people YAS SYLVANAS QWEEN!!!11"

lol blizzard's writers are either on meth or think they are the best ever writing these "edgy" plots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:28 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Undead Icon (War3) Not for Lev's eyes!

If I am not mistaken, newly added Forsaken NPCs express relief when killed since the War of Thorns. In fact, I think I compiled all quotes by night elf and Forsaken units, during that event, on the Discord. According to Leviathon (I haven't listened to the VOs), this is also the case with the night elf Dark Rangers raised in 8.1.

So, I am hopeful that it will be revealed at some point that these undead are not as free-willed as has been claimed and that something compels them to do Sylvanas's bidding. This "something" likely being whichever entity influenced Vol'jin and made him choose Sylvanas as his replacement. Because, if this is not the case, their behaviour conflicts with what we know about free-willed undead behaviour in this series. Until Sylvanas's val'kyr started raising undead, the overwhelming majority of free-willed undead were not at all happy with their state or willing to side with their killers. Now, the opposite is true. There must be some kind of mind control component, even if the Forsaken and their leadership are not themselves aware of it.

I also hope that by the end of BFA, the Forsaken will finally be a nation for Forsaken by Forsaken, with no night or high elvish leaders or elites.

Edit:
According to the night elvish legends, Elune's Night Warrior aspects is her answer to the Norse/Vrykul val'kyr.

I think that this would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce a new power that allows the Alliance to counter the powers of Sylvanas's (Azerite empowered) val'kyr. Imo, Tyrande (and the others who underwent the ritual) should have gained the powers to either raise their fallen as Spirits of Vengeance or to at least make their souls cross over, moving them out of the reach of the val'kyr and preventing their return as undead.

It is a huge disappointment that this opportunity was not taken advantage of.

Last edited by Nazja; 10-05-2018 at 02:51 PM..
Old 10-05-2018, 04:09 PM

Eternal

huge disappointment is blizzard's slogan these days
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Old 10-06-2018, 12:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
That makes me much happier than it probably should.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:01 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Old 10-06-2018, 11:03 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

The whole Undead Night Elves thing really brings down the cool potential that could have been this upcoming patch's story and just further cements the notion that the Forsaken are a lore cancer. Unless they do something with these undead Night Elves that subverts expectations and not just make them blind Sylvanas loyalists, then that's just how I feel on this whole matter for now.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:22 AM

Eternal

If you want to play fierce WC3 Night Elves, the Forsaken is there for you.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:17 PM

Elune

Was really kinda hoping Tyrande would do something epically cool like how Sylvanas explodes into a scary ghost form and melts footmen. I know she kills a val'kyr but apparently she still needs Malfurion's help? I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm just not seeing or hearing about anything cool coming out of this Night Warrior concept.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:20 PM

Huntress

Forsaken have been lore cancer since Vanilla. Tryhard edgelords that are evil for the sake of being evil whose only culture is The New Plague®, YASS QWEEN, and wanting to commit genocide because reasons.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:04 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
Forsaken have been lore cancer since Vanilla. Tryhard edgelords that are evil for the sake of being evil whose only culture is The New Plague®, YASS QWEEN, and wanting to commit genocide because reasons.
Indeed. I find my self wondering how different WoW would be if forsaken had never been playable, but I speculate too much off-topic in this thread as it is.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:23 AM

Loremaster

Gee, for a group that's so keen on hunting down and locking up traitors, the Wardens themselves sure seem to train an awful lot of new traitors.

Last edited by ARM3481; 10-07-2018 at 02:41 AM..
Old 10-07-2018, 04:04 AM

Treant

I'm not defending them, I think they owe an explanation why freshly raised night elves are so eager to fight against their sisters but it could be explained.

Imagine that you're Sira, you have suppressed all negative emotions towards Maiev, other wardens, Tyrande and you name it. You just think work and don't let any emotions get into your head, though deep inside you're angry. Then you die. It's painful but also liberating, you get all your anger out. You hated Maiev for leaving wardens alone, for Tyrande being peacfull and yourself, for dying.

I bet there's some magic going on from valkyries but it's not that bad. You can't really expect Blizzard explaining every motivation behind every NPC in the game.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:40 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Blizzard

What are your wishes for BlizzCon? Which reveals would you love to see?

Me? I'd love to see the new worgen and goblin models.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:25 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
What are your wishes for BlizzCon? Which reveals would you love to see?

Me? I'd love to see the new worgen and goblin models.
I would like Blizzard to actually come out and own it biases. To admit that they really dislike Night Elves as a whole and regret adding them to the game back in Warcraft III.

I would like for them to admit that they want the Alliance to serve Anduin and that going against his wishes is any way, shape or form, is for them the signal that that character/faction is in the wrong.

I want them to acknowledge the fact that the way they are pushing humans actually led to the rise of litteral alt-right players in the faction, who clearly consider WoW Humans inherently superior to every other race, even in the Alliance.

ANd I want them to tell us how many patches they have in mind for BfA, just to know when this purge will be over.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:06 PM

Elune

Well I want to be hyped for Worgen update but part of me is too worried that Blizzard will make them fluffy and cute, misinterpreting the feedback about the perma-snarl faces and going on the complete other end of the horseshoe. I'm sure furries and people who like fat moonkin will like that, but not me who wants Worgen to be more reminiscent of classic horror werewolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
I want them to acknowledge the fact that the way they are pushing humans actually led to the rise of litteral alt-right players in the faction, who clearly consider WoW Humans inherently superior to every other race, even in the Alliance.
If you're going to be an SJW then take it to the Halls of Lordaeron where I don't have to see it.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 10-07-2018 at 05:09 PM..
Old 10-07-2018, 10:04 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Keep your bullshit out of here we dont need some conspiracy crap like this
Old 10-08-2018, 12:52 AM

Hon hon hon

What conspiracy ? We got, on the EU Story forums, at least two human players who consistently calls for either the litteral purge of non-humans in the Alliance or overlordship of the "inherently inferior peoples", and the displacement of all non-humans from Stormwind.

And all that without joking or even hinting at him being rp for one (the other being a little too... incoherent, to truly know if it's just bullshit or actual beliefs).

It's a problem Blizzard has to adress, publically. If your storyline encourage that kind of thinking in a faction, it is rotten and should be corrected.

And if big burly men have a problems with that and me bringing here, they can always shape up, or shut up and take it like the big burly men they like to pretend they are.

Last edited by Korath; 10-08-2018 at 12:56 AM..
Old 10-08-2018, 01:01 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
What conspiracy ? We got, on the EU Story forums, at least two human players who consistently calls for either the litteral purge of non-humans in the Alliance or overlordship of the "inherently inferior peoples", and the displacement of all non-humans from Stormwind.

And all that without joking or even hinting at him being rp for one (the other being a little too... incoherent, to truly know if it's just bullshit or actual beliefs).

It's a problem Blizzard has to adress, publically. If your storyline encourage that kind of thinking in a faction, it is rotten and should be corrected.

And if big burly men have a problems with that and me bringing here, they can always shape up, or shut up and take it like the big burly men they like to pretend they are.
Yup then Garrosh was alt right because he wanted the True Horde pure. Again stop with bringing politics into the game and if thats something you feel like you need to do put in the correct forum topic.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:41 AM

Eternal

https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

You know this explains a lot
Quote:
Old 10-08-2018, 08:36 AM

Arch-Druid

Why are they called "Junker" gnomes anyway? I've been out of the loop for a while and couldn't find anything on wowpedia.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft