Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-07-2017, 08:53 AM

Sentinel Queen

Default Artifacts post-Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner
There may come a day when I will have need of my family weapon once again. But for now, at least, I have a different path to follow.
At the start of the expansion, I firmly believed we'd use the power in our weapons to close the rift inside the Tomb thereby rendering them useless lore-wise. Obviously, that's not the case, so what do you think will happen to our artifacts?

Some seem obvious (Thas'dorah eventually going back to Alleria and Xal'atath disappearing once again to wreak more havoc), but will the others be left to catch dust in the Order Hall Leaders' banks once the next expansion aka the South Seas expansion arrives?
Old 07-07-2017, 09:51 AM

Arch-Druid

I want every artifact to have a separate "farewall" scenario, where it gets destroyed/lost/gets a new master. Some ideas:

Thal'kiel gets a new body and promises to see you again sometime later after he'll restore the Wakeners.

Xal'atath is lost but will return as a villian in one of the next expansions.

Aluneth is freed and launches himself into space to eat some mana. He will destroy anyone on his path to food, but also promises to help you when you will man-up to become a god-tier being.

Druid artifacts are returned to the Cenarion Circle. Ursoc will once again wield his claws (or maybe Broll should take them), G'hanir will be used to restore the Mother Tree, Claws of Ashmane will return to the Ashen. Scythe of Elune will return to Darnassus, where worgen will try to better understand their curse (potential plotline for worgen extremists).

Bolvar asks you to return Blades of the Fallen Prince back to the Frozen Throne, yet the vision of Arthas manages to sway you to give the blades to Darion. Apocalypse is given to the knights of Acherus and he Maw of the Damned - dunno, Nathrezaar get released and you have to fight him?

I'll think about other ones later.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:26 AM

Warden

Magical overload as the Titans channel themselves through our artifacts to seal Sargeras.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:50 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
Magical overload as the Titans channel themselves through our artifacts to seal Sargeras.
Probably this.

As far as how much the artifacts are integrated into the characters, remember that the Class Hall UI still has Garrison invasion alerts at the top. Something will be pasted over top of it.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:18 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
I want every artifact to have a separate "farewall" scenario, where it gets destroyed/lost/gets a new master.
This is what I prefer. We've spent so much time with our artifacts, it'd be a shame to not have a proper goodbye (if we're even ditching them). Or their powers be used to help restore Argus.