Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-03-2018, 06:00 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Wow Holy shit this thread has gotten pants on fire retarded.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Wow Holy shit this thread has gotten pants on fire retarded.
Turn on your monitor
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:04 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

The island expeditions have quests unlocked for defeating different enemy types. One is to locate Wrathion.

Also one called Wriggling Mass has a very interesting description:

The tendril writhes and pulsates in your hand as your mind is assailed by all manner of vicious thoughts. One vision in particular surfaces in your mind again and again. In your mind's eye, you picture a many-eyed goat laying in a pool of black water. As you approach, its eyes burst open, and in an instant you find yourself looking upward at the goat from deep within the puddle. As you sink into the icy darkness, everything goes black. You pocket the mass and shake the thoughts from your head.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 06-04-2018 at 08:08 AM..
Old 06-04-2018, 08:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Old 06-04-2018, 11:50 AM

Arch-Druid

I'm wondering if we will see updates to the already released allied races in prepatch...

We have had a lack of new art assets (models, mounts and even for the new allied races) for quite some time, so I hope the art team is working on improving the four initial allied races. All of them were very rushed in order to get released with the preorder. None requires a ton of work, so I hope some improvements are being done to them.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 06-04-2018, 11:57 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I'm wondering if we will see updates to the already released allied races in prepatch...

We have had a lack of new art assets (models, mounts and even for the new allied races) for quite some time, so I hope the art team is working on improving the four initial allied races. All of them were very rushed in order to get released with the preorder. None requires a ton of work, so I hope some improvements are being done to them.
Ill buy you a WoW token if you would just stop talking about Allied Races till launch, let me be more specific. Ill buy you a token if you stop bitching about the 4 original allied races. Nearly all of your posts are all the same complaints, same with you on MMOC. So please just complain about something else
Old 06-04-2018, 12:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
Ill buy you a WoW token if you would just stop talking about Allied Races till launch, let me be more specific. Ill buy you a token if you stop bitching about the 4 original allied races. Nearly all of your posts are all the same complaints, same with you on MMOC. So please just complain about something else
It matters to me that they were haphazardly put together and I want to see them improved. If my opinion bothers you, you are free to ignore me and be happy in your little corner without ever having to deal with my concerns again.

(At least I just learned that they reduced male nightborne shoulder armor size. It's an improvement already!)

EDIT: Next comic is about the Windrunner sisters.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=284766/n...-three-sisters

Last edited by Deicide; 06-04-2018 at 02:34 PM..
Old 06-04-2018, 03:12 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

From WoWChakra's interview:

Quote:
As Steve mentioned, Alleria and Turalyon have been away from Azeroth for 1,000 years, from their points of view. How does that impact their perspectives on the state of the world?

Steve: It's hard to conceive of those kinds of things—how many lifetimes they lived out there, versus the one lifetime they had on Azeroth so long ago. That led us to the moment in the comic preview where they’re standing at their own statues outside Stormwind. If you came back to a world you left a thousand years ago and found out people thought you were dead and built statues to honor you, you'd probably go see your statue, right? That's a very “human” thing to do, and a way to reconnect with the world.

We released an audio drama called "A Thousand Years of War" where we explored this too, and how everything Alleria and Turalyon were doing was for their son, Arator. Arator is an anchor of sorts for Alleria because, as we show in the comic, she's touched the Shadow; she's touched the Void. In-game, she tells people about how “the voices” are always there, even though when she’s talking with people, she appears totally under control. But in the comic, there are panels that are literally filled with voices saying, "Kill them! Kill them! Murder them! Free yourself!” That's something that we really couldn't have done as well in any other medium.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:33 PM

Arch-Druid

The Horde comci should have been Saurfang or the Zandalari. The Windrunners are just...man I just don't care about them at all. I'm not even upset I'm just completely disinterested.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
The Horde comci should have been Saurfang or the Zandalari. The Windrunners are just...man I just don't care about them at all. I'm not even upset I'm just completely disinterested.
I do care about them and I'm eager for tomorrow, but as a comic to represent the "Horde" side and to oppose Jaina's PoV, a Zandalari/Darkspear comic would have been way better, IMO.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:25 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

>Christie golden
>Windrunner sisters
>Horde.

Oh boy.

At least it isnt King Mary sue, but it will be Mary sue sisters and vereesa.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:01 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Jeremy Feasel has confirmed that Havenswood (the Gilnean island expedition shown off a Blizzcon) has been scrapped. It ended up being "too complicated," but there is a possibility it might return in some form as patch content.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
>Christie golden
>Windrunner sisters
>Horde.

Oh boy.

At least it isnt King Mary sue, but it will be Mary sue sisters and vereesa.
Fuck you, Alleria is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Jeremy Feasel has confirmed that Havenswood (the Gilnean island expedition shown off a Blizzcon) has been scrapped. It ended up being "too complicated," but there is a possibility it might return in some form as patch content.

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1002764369690628096
Well poop, but at least lends a little bit more to my cautious optimism of Gilneas coming back in a patch.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Comic is up:

http://assets.worldofwarcraft.com/ex...sters_enUS.pdf

I think it was the best one of the bunch, but my opinion in this matter is very very biased.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:21 PM

Troubadour

What I liked:

- More Void Elven lore

- Sylvanas is a selfish prick

- Banshee mode

What I didn't like:

- The confrontation wasn't a heated debate that went on and on. She wasn't questioned about Horde stuff, nor any of her actions as leader of the Forsaken. Only her condition was addressed.

Better than nothing, though.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
What I liked:

- More Void Elven lore

- Sylvanas is a selfish prick

- Banshee mode

What I didn't like:

- The confrontation wasn't a heated debate that went on and on. She wasn't questioned about Horde stuff, nor any of her actions as leader of the Forsaken. Only her condition was addressed.

Better than nothing, though.
I agree, but I let the flaw aside due to pacing.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:35 PM

Troubadour

And hey Rotal, flying isn't canon.

The sisters RIDE to the spire, they don't mount up and fly.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
And hey Rotal, flying isn't canon.

The sisters RIDE to the spire, they don't mount up and fly.
It's because you can't fly in Ghostlands, silly.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:01 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

This comic cements it, if not for the fact that there's no way they'll do a SoO 2.0 (at least not so soon) then I'd be positive Sylvanas will be a raid boss by the end of the expansion. Maybe they'll get around it by having Alleria go Void crazy as faction parity?
Old 06-05-2018, 05:06 PM

Arch-Druid

I don't see crazy Alleria ever happening because it would be counter to all of her development in 7.3 about how you can use the Void and not be a babbling insane person. It'd make Mac'Aree and the audio drama pointless.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:18 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I don't see crazy Alleria ever happening because it would be counter to all of her development in 7.3 about how you can use the Void and not be a babbling insane person. It'd make Mac'Aree and the audio drama pointless.
It would also arguably be dooming the void elves to madness even sooner if the strongest, most experienced void-user among them turned out to not be able to hack it when unlike them, she had centuries to hone her control under the singular and focused tutelage of Locus-Walker.

If Alleria went void-crazy, it would make them creating more void elves instead of trying to cure them all objectively stupid, because the living proof of the validity of the whole thing would have been corrupted and destroyed.

Last edited by ARM3481; 06-05-2018 at 05:24 PM..
Old 06-05-2018, 05:31 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

My thinking on that was more how Umbric has gotten a surprising amount of focus/development in the war campaign, so should Alleria be out of the picture the void elves would have a ready made replacement leader. Especially since he actually looks like a void elf rather than a high elf who can use void form. It's just kind of a bad sign when, you would be a logical parity move and have a role that's easily replaceable.

Though should I be anywhere near correct on this "Sylvanas is a raid boss so someone from the Alliance will also go bad" idea, Alleria would be a good choice mainly because it would be easy to have her boss fight be a mirror of Sylvanas' due to their similar power sets. I supposed they could also use Vereesa or Jaina (though they've been toning down her Horde hatred in the beta) or Genn, though the worgen don't have a heavily featured back up leader like Umbric.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 06-05-2018 at 05:38 PM..
Old 06-05-2018, 07:36 PM

Ranger

They could just have Sylvanas and Alleria live through their boss fights and run away/get captured. I'm expecting it to happen since I doubt Sylvanas is the final boss.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
My thinking on that was more how Umbric has gotten a surprising amount of focus/development in the war campaign, so should Alleria be out of the picture the void elves would have a ready made replacement leader. Especially since he actually looks like a void elf rather than a high elf who can use void form. It's just kind of a bad sign when, you would be a logical parity move and have a role that's easily replaceable.

Though should I be anywhere near correct on this "Sylvanas is a raid boss so someone from the Alliance will also go bad" idea, Alleria would be a good choice mainly because it would be easy to have her boss fight be a mirror of Sylvanas' due to their similar power sets. I supposed they could also use Vereesa or Jaina (though they've been toning down her Horde hatred in the beta) or Genn, though the worgen don't have a heavily featured back up leader like Umbric.
The Void does warn Alleria (in the last page) that, since she failed to kill Sylvanas, her sister will take Arator and Turalyon away. If that is a prophesy and not just a threat, I could see Alleria going mad with the loss of her family.

(Also, Vereesa also fears losing both Sylvie and Alleria... hmmm).

However, I don't think Alleria will go mad and become a raid boss so soon (if ever). And I don't think Umbric, at least so far, can measure up to Alleria as a iconic character.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:51 PM

Ranger

If being iconic prevented character removal than Arthas and Kael'thas would have never died. Alleria's hardly iconic anyway considering how her only appearences before recently have been a WC2 expansion pack with a novel version of that expansion pack.

Last edited by Cacofonix; 06-05-2018 at 09:56 PM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft