Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-05-2011, 02:53 AM

Demon Hunter

I'm looking forward to see how In the Shadow of the Sun turns out. I liked the original fanfic well enough, but it has nothing to do with anything relevant. I was personally hoping for a completely new story with the same name, but if the edits are fairly minor, maybe it can just be updated to deal with more recent issues. IE, the Reliquary and the war for Gilneas instead of the Sunreavers and the war in Northrend.

Speaking of blood elf stories, anyone else really wish they'd release that novella about Kael'thas that Micky Neilson wrote? They announced at Blizzcon that they were going to start publishing a Mists of Pandaria tie-in novella in multiple parts on the official website, also by Neilson. I know Kael doesn't have much to do with anything going on, but it seems like such a waste to not release it.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:15 AM

Eternal

I'd love to get my hands on that novella but the way things are right now, I don't see them releasing it too soon, if ever. Unless they make him come back but that's veeeeeeery little likely.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

If you ask me, Seeds of Faith was pretty much the "Leader Story" version of a cocktease.

"Oh look, we're having Tyrande put her armor on... she's making her way to help Shandris fight the naga... she's riding down there now with warglaive in tow and... awww, awww, I'm so sorry guys but we're having Malfurion come in and do everything. Have fun!"

Pretty much the only development from it was that Shandris is now more of an adopted daughter rather than Tyrande's personal sidekick.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:42 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
I liked the original fanfic well enough, but it has nothing to do with anything relevant.
True enough, but I think the depth it provides to the blood elven situation makes up for that.

Quote:
I was personally hoping for a completely new story with the same name,
Why Blizzard would do that, I can't imagine.

Quote:
if the edits are fairly minor, maybe it can just be updated to deal with more recent issues. IE, the Reliquary and the war for Gilneas instead of the Sunreavers and the war in Northrend.
I doubt such edits could be considered minor.

Quote:
They announced at Blizzcon that they were going to start publishing a Mists of Pandaria tie-in novella in multiple parts on the official website, also by Neilson.
I'm pretty sure Pine is writing the novella and Neilson is writing the comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 11-05-2011, 01:36 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
I'd love to get my hands on that novella but the way things are right now, I don't see them releasing it too soon, if ever. Unless they make him come back but that's veeeeeeery little likely.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: novellas are really hard to publish. That's why I think they're self-publishing the Pearl of Pandaria story, instead of going through Simon and Schuster. And I don't know how completed the Kael novella was- was it just an outline, some unedited drafts, or was it essentially ready to print if they could fit it into a product slate? If it was anything less than completed I'm not sure Mickey has the TIME to finish it now, though I suppose they could always farm it out to someone else (hey, Nate Kenyon hasn't done a Warcraft book yet) and say he co-authored it.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:36 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
I'm pretty sure Pine is writing the novella
WANT