Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-19-2013, 08:34 AM

Demon Hunter

Default EU or US servers? And do you folks still play?

We had a poll a few months (at least I think it was) as to which side folks play on: Ally or Horde so that got me wondering whether we had more folks playing here on the US servers or on the other servers and if they still continue to play.

So which servers do you folks play on? EU or US? And which ones did you roll on? PvP, PvE or RP? Do you regret rolling on that particular type of server or region?

As for me, I rolled on EU- Al-Akir and kept switching between PvP servers. Always found the ganking concept annoying at lower levels- I'd hardly call getting ganked by a max-lvl rogue repeatedly at lower level zones PvP- but I just couldn't get into PvE servers or RP for that matter. I tried out the US servers once via my friend's account and for some reason I found the people there in general more social and friendly (along with it's share of jerks ofc). Maybe it's the language barrier on the EU side or the people are just anti-social (playing Dota 2 on the US and EU servers has that verified for me at least) but I wouldn't have minded rerolling back on the US servers when I used to play.

I stopped playing when Dragon Soul came out in Cata though I did buy MoP to try it out during the Isle of Thunder time frame. After that I stopped playing altogether and just follow the lore by lurking here or on the story forums.

Out of curiosity though, any of you folks still playing? Or considering WoW's worth going back into?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:23 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

EU - PvP, and I still play. I used to play on a PvE server, but it was kinda dead, and my friends, who no longer play, wanted a PvP server. I have a few chars on a PvE server, but I haven't played them since I leveled my second Paladin to 85. I also have 2 toons on an PvE-RP server, but those aren't even level 10...

All of my characters on the PvE and PvE-RP servers are Alliance members, and those on the PvP server are mostly Horde members, but I faction change them from time to time.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:48 AM

Sentinel Queen

EU, PvE-RP. Was in a PvE realm for a month in vanilla, didn't stick.

Recently started playing again, I've had regular breaks but miss people. Sadly I only get a few hours a week to play, so actually doing anything is hard.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

US-Malfurion for as long as I have played WoW, until yesterday when I finally gave up on the server (it's been dead for roughly a year if not longer) and moved to US-Eonar.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 AM

Problemsolver

EU RPPvP. And I do still play, yes.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:59 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

EU pvp and I barely play at all anymore.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:08 AM

Faerie Dragon

Originally rolled on EU-Nagrand during TBC, played for about a year before I took a break. Came back in wotlk on Saurfang where I made a lot of friends although it was never a big realm. Stuck there until most Hordies and friends moved to bigger realms where I decided to quit since I became disenchanted with cata. Saurfang had that small community feel where everyone knew each other. Both times I mained a feral druid.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

US, DK is on RP-PvP, most of my alts are on RP or PvP servers, but I transfered my rogue from RP to PvE Stormrage. It's crowded for solo play, but they encourage grouping most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Started on US-Thorium Brotherhood, moved to US-Argent Dawn and currently make my home on US-Wyrmrest Accord
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM

Eternal

Started on US Emerald Dream-A (RP-PVP) since that was where my friends were, then took the free migration train to Wyrmrest Accord (PVE) when it opened up in early Wrath. Most of my friends have since left, and my main wandered on the Horde side on Earthen Ring and Icecrown, but now I'm back on WrA and probably won't leave it.

I still play when my son gives me the opportunity (i.e. naptime), have universally avoided PVP because I'm bad at it and don't like ganking, but certainly wish I could raid more than I can currently (though I was lucky enough to jump into a couple fights on Flex mode with my guild, so that was lovely and gives me hope for the future).

Hell, I think I met Omacron for the first time strictly because I noticed from the official forums that we were both on WrA.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:57 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Don't want to throw the whole server migration history here, so: Kazzak-eu, I play waaaaay to much (but most of it is just me doing shit and just ponder wtf am i doing in this game), other than that I just play to raid or pvp or something...

I sometimes go over to Argent drama to farm stuff (rare pets, rares, or timeless isle, since when playing on kazzak, you can't tag a single mob)... Or to get ganked by roleplayers.

Last edited by Gurzog; 09-19-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM

Sha of Disappointment

I have tried many a realm, mostly because my clone was a pvper who stupidly moved from one realm to another and back in the days we didn't have cross realm invites (and at the end refused to play Horde and racechanged all his left-over chars into Alliance before quitting).
I started on EU Mal'Ganis, a pvp realm, because that's where he had his guild. After a while a friend of his told me about this wonderful thing called "RP Servers" and on a day made of boredom we created chars on EU Kult der Verdammten (RP PvP); while i had several chars, mostly Warriors, on a few of my clones PvP Realms (Arthas, Blackrock and Mal'Ganis) Kult der Verdammten was my home up until i quit during Cataclysm. I still have friends there and one day WILL level my beloved main Raurka to 90, but when i came back for MoP (to kill Garrosh; Fuck You Blizzard) i went to Die Aldor (RP PvE) for a variety of reasons, the biggest one being the fact that no matter what PvP realm i had played, the other faction was ALWAYS comprised of 99 percent assholes spending their days camping low level twinks. Changing to Aldor did wonders for my enjoyment of the game for that reason alone. Private reasons might make me open up a little more time for KdV in the future, but that depends on the whole "are you still playing"-thing.
To be honest, i'm not sure. My account canceled as of now, but it's still running for two weeks and i have, for a number of reasons, decided to wait and see. I don't even want to know how much money i put into my account, i still have friends in WoW and said friends would never come with me to play Star Trek Online - if i want to do crap with them i have to play, except my bff who lives near me and doesn't play himself anymore anyways. It's just... when i tell people i resubbed at the tailend of Cata for three reasons and three reasons alone (Rideable Warturtles, Legendary through LFR and Garrosh killable; none of that was actually certain at Blizzcon) i am NOT telling a joke or exagerating - people had stopped playing left and right and i was, for the first time in years, playing WoW because of WoW, not other people. And while i stand by my opinion that 5.0, 5.1 and even 5.2 are exceptionally good examples of content (each one in their own ways) and even 5.3 being more small than outright bad, 5.4 is such a huge disapointment in terms of content and lore that my enjoyment of the game has reached Cataclysm-levels of Low - except this time i feel betrayed by a toilet rug as Legendary and being robbed of my Garrosh Kill, and while i DID get Turtles as Mounts as i was hoping for, that is just not enough to overlook everything else. And once again it all went downhill from the moment the fucking Faction War became important.
Maybe in 5.5. Maybe i'll get my kill there. It's seriously all i want out of MoP anymore. Give me Garrosh's head and i will be happy.

Yeah, yeah, Rotal doesn't like anything. Honestly didn't intent to rant this long this time, I'm sorry. If anyone needs me i'm over here eating my cookies.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:02 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

Eu-PVP, currently on Burning Blade.

Not playing at the moment but thinking about starting again.

Edit:
Just got myself a week of free gametime

Last edited by Apophis; 09-20-2013 at 06:39 AM..
Old 09-19-2013, 05:08 PM

Elune

US-Zul'jin-PVE

I started on Illidan as Alliance. It was terrible. So I rerolled on Zul'jin, because I never got past 30 on Illidan, you'd just keep getting graveyard camped by at least 5 Horde. There started my hatred of the Horde. Then I started reading quest text and realised the Horde was even more evil than I tought.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
US-Zul'jin-PVE

I started on Illidan as Alliance. It was terrible. So I rerolled on Zul'jin, because I never got past 30 on Illidan, you'd just keep getting graveyard camped by at least 5 Horde. There started my hatred of the Horde. Then I started reading quest text and realised the Horde was even more evil than I tought.
The Horde loves you.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
The Horde loves you.
Sorry, but you aren't the whole Horde.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:29 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Alliance toons US Tho' bro'. Horde toons US Bloodhoof
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyy View Post
Originally rolled on EU-Nagrand during TBC, played for about a year before I took a break. Came back in wotlk on Saurfang where I made a lot of friends although it was never a big realm. Stuck there until most Hordies and friends moved to bigger realms where I decided to quit since I became disenchanted with cata. Saurfang had that small community feel where everyone knew each other. Both times I mained a feral druid.
Me too!

I started on EU-Nagrand early TBC. My character was called Nemanja and I was the GM of the guild Bloodhounds (we were pretty big at the time, maybe you remember), who were you?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:09 PM

Druid of the Talon

US Laughing Skull on Alliance. I've bounced around between a number of servers since I started in Jan 2007- all PvP. I've tried PvE but its so dull for me, I guess I just like the feeling that a fight can break out at any second that PvP brings, though it hasn't been the same since cata restructured everything to make world pvp less of a thing. Nothing will ever beat the feeling of leveling in pre-cata Ashenvale, anything could happen.

I haven't played in a few months though. I got Hordebreaker on my main- a rogue- and then quit. I'm thinking of starting a new DK though.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:04 PM

Demon Hunter
BattleTag: Pvarron#1601

I play Alliance US Bloodhoof and Horde on US Kilrogg, but my Horde will probably change to whatever servers get merged with Bloodhoof so I can have access to heirlooms.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:11 PM

Demon Hunter

US-PvE, and I'm not currently subbed. Stopped playing a bit before 5.4 and I don't know if I'll be coming back. 5.4 seems like a disappointment, and 5.5 probably isn't going to be that significant.

Plus, GTAV.
The gnome, for example, could be impressed by the technology of a conqueror, the goblin by his riches, the elf by his respect for the arcane, the draenei by his moral integrity, the tauren by his calm authoritative bearing. But the orc, who is impressed by none of these things, must always be struck to the dust, and struck down again as he rises, and struck again as he lies groaning. ‘While his wounds still pain him he will respect the hand that dealt them’.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:30 PM

Eternal

Although I rarely play anymore (Senior Year is a time-devouring beast), when I do, it's on Wyrmrest Accord-US, Horde usually.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:53 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

...am I really the only Moon Guardian around here? D:

I started on US-SWC, but place is ded, went to check Pr0nshire, then i realized i had to raid that place, so went Horde.

Also, MG's Goldshire made me realize the Alliance is mostly perverts
Old 09-20-2013, 04:44 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
...am I really the only Moon Guardian around here? D:

I started on US-SWC, but place is ded, went to check Pr0nshire, then i realized i had to raid that place, so went Horde.

Also, MG's Goldshire made me realize the Alliance is mostly perverts
Something tells me you did more than raid that place.

Anyway I played US-Sargeras before I quit.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:17 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

I still play, EU Argent Dawn(RP), EU defias brotherhood (PVP RP).

Both are awesome servers for both alliance and horde.

Tags
blizzard, world of warcraft