Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-10-2014, 03:26 PM

Eternal

Default Orc parents and Draenei doubles

So whats the deal with this in terms of this route with WoD? I'm convinced blizzard is glancing over this without putting any thought into it (not the first time), but for those of us who think about the comic book themed lore these writers give us, why hasn't this been addressed.

For other races, this would not be a problem because it doesn't effect them, but with the theme of WoD being orcs and draenei of said races past (alternate timeline but still from a time of there past), wouldn't it be pretty daft that in playing your draenei, you would not be running into yourself on this draenor at one point, or with orcs many younger ones seeing there parents (like two certain orcs who actually DO find this) in this timeline?

Now, if blizzard put some effort into this, which I doubt it would happen given it would be something new and interesting, but wouldn't it be special if they did a quest for you if you play a draenei or orc in this, and you travel to a location as that race, and either meet your parents or other self, or at the very least, someone tells you a story of your parents (unnamed) or yourself (if draenei) having died in battle, and you see there graves.

this whole travelling to another timeline and seeing past characters is all fine a pony shits on paper for lore characters, but for those who play characters who would feel some kind of influence from this, you'd think more would be put into it?

Think like the old class quests in vanilla, only this one is based on race, draenei and orc, and make for a more dramatic storytelling for those characters.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

It would be cool, but the fanbase would scream that such thing would be unfair. And Blizzard probably woulnd't want to expend resources in that.

We already know a case of this "meeting past relatives": Maraad meets Yrel 2. And now we know Yrel 1 died in Draenor 1 ans she was Maraad's lover until the orcs killed and raped her.

So Maraad is meeting a second version of his love. The same could happen to every draenei and orc, but with a brother, a son, and... themselves.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 04-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Your character was one of the Shattrath Draenei, and as such, is now dead.

That's probably all the explanation we'll get, or close to it, if we don't get doubles.

I brought the same thing up here when WoD was first announced, and people told me it'd never happen.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
It would be cool, but the fanbase would scream that such thing would be unfair. And Blizzard probably woulnd't want to expend resources in that.

We already know a case of this "meeting past relatives": Maraad meets Yrel 2. And now we know Yrel 1 died in Draenor 1 ans she was Maraad's lover until the orcs killed and raped her.

So Maraad is meeting a second version of his love. The same could happen to every draenei and orc, but with a brother, a son, and... themselves.
this does feel where our playable characters are cut off from the game itself, despite blizzard trying to convince us our characters are heroes and part of something important.. there not really, there just there as mercs at best.
roleplay seems to be the only method of making some kind of resolve for this.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 PM

Sentinel Queen

I imagine if they did do it, the past selves/parents would be wearing the same armor the player character is currently wearing.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

If you're asking why the players aren't meeting our doubles and family, it's because they don't want to fuck up rpers backstories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
If you're asking why the players aren't meeting our doubles and family, it's because they don't want to fuck up rpers backstories.
I think some RPs wouldn't mind... in fact, they would find it interesting.

I think it's Blizzard don't wanting to mess with the issue and instead leave it open to RPs: they can either decide that their "past self" was killled in this new Draenor or that it might exist and the player chooses to assume another identity or maybe kill its alternate self in order to recover their love interest or whatever. There are many juicy RPing possibilties.

BLizzard will likely work as they have shown: either the MU char is dead/missing-for-some reason in the new Draenor (as with Maraad), or MU char is killed and replaced by his past-double-self (as with Yrel).

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
I think some RPs wouldn't mind... in fact, they would find it interesting.
Most would hate it. Blizzard would be saying "here, this is where you lived and what your personality was at this time."

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Most would hate it. Blizzard would be saying "here, this is where you lived and what your personality was at this time."
I see. I guess I prefer the open approach.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-11-2014, 03:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
that is true actually, its a two sided debate.

If they make it so orcs and draenei meet there past selves or families, then for some it would make the story in wow more dynamic. but for others it would be forcing a lore element to there characters they might not want because they have there own story.

well, if it were something we got to have as a choice, rather then a necessary quest, it might work, but even then people would say because the quest is there, it must be taken as canon.

Tags
family is everywhere, orks