Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-26-2015, 11:28 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Which is kind of daft when the Argent Dawn were originally an organisation dedicated to hunting down any and all major threats to Azeroth. It's only when Tirion got involved that became kingdom-builders rather than World Police.

That being said, it does seem like the Paladin PC is taking charge of them to face the Legion, so that's something.
someone should tell koriandr or some other rpers about this. The Argent Crusade/dawn is non-existant in Legion. The argent dawn has paladins merged into the paladin shit.

so Class orders are exclusive communities. no one else allowed (especially now that the Blood knights have sex dungeons.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:29 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
If Bliizzard can come up with a reason why Faol would hang around the Forsaken, then it better be a good one besides something stupid and trite like "they're lost souls". I mean, sure, I'm fine with them raising him, but unless he has a good reason to do otherwise, I would think he'd just go jump into the nearest bonfire or whatever.

Beyond that, though, I mostly agree with the one guy that the Forsaken should get people who were nobodies in life, but who have made themselves into something semi-important in undeath.

Sure, at this point trotting someone out as the shadow-equivalent of an archbishop wouldn't "work" because of a lack of focus on non-Sylvanas characters, but the solution isn't "let's just bring out undead Alliance guy"... it's either "this person became important but you didn't notice because you were running around Northrend/Pandaria/Draenor", or "this person is new to the job, be nice to them".
Well, I'm sure they could pull characters out of their ass just fine. Honestly, I think I'd really like it if they introduced us to various Shadow Priests during the quest experience and had them impress us with their actions, flavor text, and personality.

I mean, I thought the Paragons were pretty fucking cool, and it's not like they were in the lore for all too long. They just fed us tidbits of their history, had them talk to one another, and we got to fight by their side. That was pretty much enough.

If Alonsus Faol's attitude is just that the Forsaken are "lost souls" then I don't think I really want him. I want Forsaken Shadow Priests who are completely fine with being both Forsaken and Shadow Priests, for whatever reasons those might be. They don't need to agree with Sylvanas or anything, nor do they need to hate the living, but I don't play a Forsaken to mope around or be pitied.

So, if moping and pitying is all he can offer, then he can just fuck off. That's not to say that want to see him obsessed with destroying all life on Azeroth or anything. To the contrary, I hope he's still a relatively decent and sensible person, and would actually like it if he had certain political qualms with Sylvanas's way of running things. I just don't want to see him lamenting his cursed existence or anything like that. The Forsaken have gotten over that for the most part.

As for the matter of a Forsaken equivalent of an Archbishop... I don't think anything like that could even exist right now. The Cult of Forgotten Shadow has usually been depicted as fragmented and disorganized, with no unified leadership. I'd actually prefer to see different sects led by different leaders, all preaching their own variant of their basic belief set. Some could be more murder-cultist oriented, while others might be more compassionate. That sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
We do not know if he is a Forsaken though. There are countless options as for why he is undead that do not involve him being raised by the Forsaken or being one himself.
If he's already Undead and apparently involved in the Shadow Priest Xal'atath quest chain, then they may as well make him Forsaken. That doesn't mean he needs to be hostile towards the Alliance or anything, but at this point it's looking like he's an Undead Shadow Priest either way.

Last edited by Krakhed; 11-26-2015 at 11:32 AM..
Old 11-26-2015, 11:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
someone should tell koriandr or some other rpers about this.
Well doesn't Koriandr roleplay a 'NOT DEATH KNIGHT IC' Necromancer? Don't hold your breath on it doing much.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:38 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Well doesn't Koriandr roleplay a 'NOT DEATH KNIGHT IC' Necromancer? Don't hold your breath on it doing much.
tbh i just know he is leading an argent (lolz) rp guild.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:38 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
If he's already Undead and apparently involved in the Shadow Priest Xal'atath quest chain, then they may as well make him Forsaken. That doesn't mean he needs to be hostile towards the Alliance or anything, but at this point it's looking like he's an Undead Shadow Priest either way.
Farthing is involved with Xal'atath, not Faol. Unless I have missed something.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:43 AM

Eternal

I think Faol is going to be one of the Horde representatives at Netherlight temple. Blizzard probably was making class halls they looked at alliance/horde characters and finally realized Horde had no notable priests so they needed to make one up. Or in the Forsaken's case, they can bring one back.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Farthing is involved with Xal'atath, not Faol. Unless I have missed something.
Oh, I know all about Farthing being a Twilight Cultist. That's not what I'm talking about.

There are datamined spells to summon Faol in Tirisfal and triggers to talk to and return to him. Now, what other reason would we have for Legion content being in Tirisfal other than for the Artifact quests there?

I'm thinking that he's probably the Shadow Priest quest NPC who we're going to be working with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I think Faol is going to be one of the Horde representatives at Netherlight temple. Blizzard probably was making class halls they looked at alliance/horde characters and finally realized Horde had no notable priests so they needed to make one up. Or in the Forsaken's case, they can bring one back.
Yeah, that sounds like what I'm guessing too.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:48 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Oh, I know all about Farthing being a Twilight Cultist. That's not what I'm talking about.

There are datamined spells to summon Faol in Tirisfal and triggers to talk to and return to him. Now, what other reason would we have for Legion content being in Tirisfal other than for the Artifact quests there?

I'm thinking that he's probably the Shadow Priest quest NPC who we're going to be working with.

It's probably his ghost or spirit. It doesn't necessarily mean he's suddenly a Forsaken - after all, the arms warrior goes to Tirisfal.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-26-2015, 11:50 AM

Eternal

Quote:

I know about that. But it is more likely that he is involved with the Disciple Artifact, not Shadow, as that one was crafted by the Scarlet Crusade. And guess where Faol was probably buried?
Old 11-26-2015, 12:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I know about that. But it is more likely that he is involved with the Disciple Artifact, not Shadow, as that one was crafted by the Scarlet Crusade. And guess where Faol was probably buried?
Oh, that's possible too. I sort of forgot about that possibility. Ah well.

However, there are reasons why this could be less likely. First, he's got the Forsaken model, dark robes, and there's no real reason he'd know anything about any weapons the Scarlet Crusade was working on. Since, you know, he's apparently died and been raised at some point, and those sorts probably don't have easy access to the Crusade's secrets.

I guess he could still be a Discipline priest, but the impression that his new clothes and title give out don't seem very "Light-ish".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
It's probably his ghost or spirit. It doesn't necessarily mean he's suddenly a Forsaken - after all, the arms warrior goes to Tirisfal.
He uses the Forsaken model. Why would a ghost or spirit use a Forsaken model?
Old 11-26-2015, 12:08 PM

Eternal

Quote:

However, there are reasons why this could be less likely. First, he's got the Forsaken model, dark robes, and there's no real reason he'd know anything about any weapons the Scarlet Crusade was working on. Since, you know, he's apparently died and been raised at some point, and those sorts probably don't have easy access to the Crusade's secrets.

I guess he could still be a Discipline priest, but the impression that his new clothes and title give out don't seem very "Light-ish".

His shoulders are blue and silver, not really something screaming Shadow Priest either. And Bishop of Secrets? Read the Light's Wrath entry. It is an unstable weapon that no one, including the Kirin Tor, has been able to fix. Perhaps Faol knew many secrets in his life and that is why we summon him? To make use of his knowledge to fix the Light's Wrath?
Old 11-26-2015, 12:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
His shoulders are blue and silver, not really something screaming Shadow Priest either. And Bishop of Secrets? Read the Light's Wrath entry. It is an unstable weapon that no one, including the Kirin Tor, has been able to fix. Perhaps Faol knew many secrets in his life and that is why we summon him? To make use of his knowledge to fix the Light's Wrath?
Well, I guess we'll see. Those robes are still one of the darker coloured Priest Sets, and "Bishop of Secrets" is still an odd title for someone to hold. He had to have obtained it in some organization, or else he could just be referred to as the Former Archbishop.

It could go either way at this point, but he still looks like he's Forsaken.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:37 PM

Banished

my fucking net is slow because my sister have to watch fucking livestreams at source because "homework" (seriously fuck off that is just no.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:39 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Well, I guess we'll see. Those robes are still one of the darker coloured Priest Sets, and "Bishop of Secrets" is still an odd title for someone to hold. He had to have obtained it in some organization, or else he could just be referred to as the Former Archbishop.

It could go either way at this point, but he still looks like he's Forsaken.
Which means that his soul is twisted just like all the Forsaken.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 11-26-2015, 12:50 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
my fucking net is slow because my sister have to watch fucking livestreams at source because "homework" (seriously fuck off that is just no.
what kinda homework makes you watch live streams?
Old 11-26-2015, 12:51 PM

Banished

tbh she just paints undertale while watching some pleb stream undertale -.-
Old 11-26-2015, 01:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:

He has quite dark robes in the movie as well.

Not to mention, dark blueand silver are colors of Azeroth(Stormwind)/Alliance.

And looking like undead does not make you a Forsaken. We saw that model used for plenty non-Forsaken characters, including Leonid Barthalomew and Redpath.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:17 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
why not just play undertale jesus
Old 11-26-2015, 01:20 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Sounds like you're having a bad time.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:20 PM

Banished

I KNOW.

Mom said she has tests and shit but she is just painting while she should be studying.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:32 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
He has quite dark robes in the movie as well.

Not to mention, dark blueand silver are colors of Azeroth(Stormwind)/Alliance.

And looking like undead does not make you a Forsaken. We saw that model used for plenty non-Forsaken characters, including Leonid Barthalomew and Redpath.
It's more that I'm familiar with the particular set those shoulders are borrowed from, and that isn't a particularly Alliance shade of blue. Also, while there are other NPCs using the Forsaken model, those among the Argents usually wear white and black with strong contrast. White usually being the dominant color.

I'm just saying that the most likely option is that he's Forsaken. There's a possibility that he isn't, but I can see which way the odds are leaning.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:35 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
I KNOW.

Mom said she has tests and shit but she is just painting while she should be studying.
She should get dunked on.

Tags
leg expansion, times change