Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-16-2016, 08:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Some potential expansion ideas I could see:

-Zandalar (as noted above)
-Underground Azeroth done in a "Journey to the Center of the Earth" style so its not all dark caves
-Argus
-MU Goria (the Illidan novel is making me really nostalgic for Outland)
-Risen continent around the maelstrom with Nazjatar and some south sea islands
-Black Empire, either by venturing into an Old God/Void realm (maybe Black Forest/Ny'alotha?) or time travel so as to work in the infinites since they're still a major threat as of War Crimes and cut WoD content.
-One of the other continent(s?) on Azeroth that wasn't part of pre-sundering Kalimdor
-Maybe Great Dark Beyond or Twisting themed expansion with places like Nihilam and K'aresh.
-A really out there concept I've been thinking of is maybe the Dragon Isles from early vanilla's development. Imagine them as a continent with each zone themed around a different flight.
why would the draogn isles still be a thing, the flights are scattered and the sanctums held that role until they blew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:34 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

I see some interesting directions the things could be taking. Now that we know Azeroth is a Titan and it apparently must be "rebuilt", I foresee some things to do with that rebuilding.

However, don't forget that Well of Eternity was locking up the wound in the world to save the Titan inside. And then we blew the damn thing up. (Thanks, Malfurion) So the Titan is now wounded and bleeding profusely for ten thousand years. I foresee us having to go down to patch up the wound somehow, probably with the help of Green Jesus. And since Azshara built Nazjatar right on the edge of that wound, we will probably have to face her in the process.

Then, we would probably prepare to build a Titan body for Azeroth. I.e. a humanoid avatar which will house the world-soul when it matures. No idea where that expansion would take place geographically. However, in the end we would probably have Sargeras finally showing up in person, only to have Azeroth kick his ass right after the awakening.

And then we could go out with Azeroth and look for more Titans to save from the Legion and the Void Lords. Space is huge after all, there are undoubtedly more Titans waiting for that awakening that the Pantheon never got around to.

Another expansion, unrelated to Azeroth (the Titan) could be Azj'Aqir. The Chronicle establishes the Azj'Aqir Empire was started by Kith'ix, the other C'Thraxxi Tyr failed to kill. Kith'ix was never properly disposed of, being merely regular-dead under present day Zul'Aman. And since Zakazj was about to wake up in Legion, Kith'ix might be coming back soon too. And Azj'Aqir is now stated to be mostly underground, and have tunnels all around Old Kalimdor - which would be a perfect setting for an expansion similar to some old Azjol-Nerub ideas.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:47 PM

Sentinel Queen

Somehow like this :

Legion >
Nzoth / Azshara /Final titan helping us defeating Nzoth (if only the end of the 4 chan spoiler is not fake, which I hope so, Nzoth would be freed by the end of Legion's Xpack ) >
Final Titan embodied in some artificial body / Attack on the Legion's world >
Sargeras / Void lords / Army of the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:03 PM

Elune

Azshara and illidank and Tyrande totally bang
Old 03-26-2016, 03:05 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
Somehow like this :

Legion >
Nzoth / Azshara /Final titan helping us defeating Nzoth (if only the end of the 4 chan spoiler is not fake, which I hope so, Nzoth would be freed by the end of Legion's Xpack ) >
Final Titan embodied in some artificial body / Attack on the Legion's world >
Sargeras / Void lords / Army of the light
may i have a link to this?
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 03-26-2016, 06:01 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
may i have a link to this?
Sure, here you go.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:08 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
well played sir.
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 03-26-2016, 04:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

After Broken Isles becoming its own continent, which I'd still have preferred had they treated it as a series of islands, some lost in the sea, and then the Broken Isles themselves, I could see Zandalar, Kezan, and the Eye of the Maelstrom getting the same treatment. We'd deal with Azshara and other Old God minions, and the remnants of the troll empires as a secondary enemy. Still interested on who Zul is and what he plans. He might be an Old God agent pulling the strings and whatever.

After that, we could get an underground expansion, involving Azjol-Nerub, Lich King Bolvar, and a return to the Elemental Planes, and after that one or two more expansions in different worlds dealing with demons and other outworld menaces.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 03-26-2016, 04:48 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

If we're gonna stay on Azeroth, I hope that we'll start exploring its other side. The map is already way too full, and it would be interesting to see continents that weren't part of primordial Kalimdor.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Clarification: Four OGs on Azeroth, more on other planets.
Or hurtling through the great dark. We could always have a pre-expac event with the things approaching and colliding with Azeroth.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:16 PM

Eternal

IGoD, did I do good?

I would be totally for a Ny'Alotha realm expansion!
Old 03-26-2016, 05:38 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Or hurtling through the great dark. We could always have a pre-expac event with the things approaching and colliding with Azeroth.
I thought about that, as well. I really find the idea pretty neat that suddenly we must contend with another Old God who has 'found' Azeroth.

Also, since we theoretically can't kill Old Gods lest we kill Azeroth itself, doesn't that mean C'thun and Yogg are just regrowing and waiting for a new opportunity to strike?
Old 03-26-2016, 05:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

The Titans couldn't kill them without harming Azeroth, and that seemed to be due to them trying to rip one out of the planet.

They tried to amputee instead of using chemo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:25 PM

Banished

The titanforged were the chemo. All they could do is reduce the tumors
Old 03-26-2016, 06:33 PM

Eternal

They could have just tried pulling out each old god with Aman'thul and staunch the wound right away then proceed to the next one and repeat the process.

Also in the chronicles they didn't bother staunching the wound until after they defeated and imprisoned all the old gods so it was bleeding more than needed.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
The titanforged were the chemo. All they could do is reduce the tumors
This is the important part everyone seems to be ignoring. Even if we argue that the Titans themselves were too big, the Keepers and Titan-Forged certainly weren't. If all it took to keep the Old Gods dead was to hit them hard enough, why didn't they just hit them hard enough? Why did they build tombs for the C'Thraxxi as well?

I think the answer is that they just aren't good at staying dead, no matter the method utilized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I thought about that, as well. I really find the idea pretty neat that suddenly we must contend with another Old God who has 'found' Azeroth.

Also, since we theoretically can't kill Old Gods lest we kill Azeroth itself, doesn't that mean C'thun and Yogg are just regrowing and waiting for a new opportunity to strike?
Almost certainly, if we go by the reasoning I laid out above. Loken apparently didn't have way too much trouble just waking up two dead C'Thraxxi and I very much doubt that the Old Gods are less durable than they are.

I think we can discern that Old Gods can and will regenerate if they're allowed to, no matter how hard they're punched in the face.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:38 PM

Elune

After the first death, the Titans probably assumed that any death would've harmed the planet, instead of only pulling them out. The Keepers could've been ordered to avoid killing them before they tried any other method.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
After the first death, the Titans probably assumed that any death would've harmed the planet, instead of only pulling them out. The Keepers could've been ordered to avoid killing them before they tried any other method.
So, we're ignoring the part where it's directly shown that even their servants will just come back to life if given sufficient time or a little help?
Old 03-26-2016, 06:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
So, we're ignoring the part where it's directly shown that even their servants will just come back to life if given sufficient time or a little help?
Sure why not
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
leg expansion, speculation, world of warcraft