Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-19-2017, 02:31 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Crow's commentary:
The fact that the goblins took a bunch of money and produced what was ultimately a pretty shitty fleet of ships vs. Proudmoore's fleet really ought to tell you everything you need to know about goblin business practices. Trade Prince Steamwheedle must have been laughing his way back to the Undermine.

Absolutely disgusting.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:30 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
This is actually pretty damn awesome!

What would be the zones?
I have no idea, honestly. Garrosh's trial would have to take place in Kun-Lai, I believe. Then we would have the Durotar zone for the Horde and Gilneas for the Alliance. I have no idea where would be the most proper place to put the initial garrisons, though.

We should also have a leveling zone set wherever the hell Garrosh's shaman fortress would be located.

Zones for Gnomeregan and Echo Isles also fit the concept.

And honestly? Ashran would really fit the concept of the expansion as well. But still, there's something missing on the leveling side.

Perhaps having events spread all across the map, with the Warlord Shamans attacking places that were actually invaded by the Horde in the first and second wars, in a sorts of big world quest/special objective event.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:12 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Ah, got my copy earlier today but haven't gotten past the draenei landing yet, I'll have to check it out more later. From what I'd heard I thought the ships were decent but that orcs were inexperienced with naval warfare?
I mean, you've gotta read the text and decide for yourself. But that's what I've been arguing about in three or four different threads.

EDIT: I think the current text indicates both: (1) inexperience with naval warfare, and also (2) fragile ships -- "crude" ships that got blasted apart by the dozens in each volley. My edit would remove the second flaw while retaining the first.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 03-19-2017 at 07:39 AM..
Old 03-19-2017, 03:27 PM

Banished

I'd write about fel murlocs taking over Azeroth with pitchforks and mountain dew.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:24 AM

Hon hon hon

I would tell the tale of an Auchenaï Warrior/Priest from Outland discovering Draenor during Warlord and struggling between what he knows is right, defending his people on this version of his world and preventing them from knowing what happened to them in his timeline.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:15 AM

Chimaera

Time for this week's scheduled dead horse beating, it seems. Well, here goes:

I'd put together an espionage-centered story revolving around the unambiguously malicious conspiracy run by the highborn mages ever since cataclysm. Insert generic bond-villain plotline about an arcane superweapon they're trying to destroy Darnassus/Teldrassil with to destabilize society, kill leaders, take over in the aftermath, blah blah blah.
Featuring Shandris Feathermoon and assorted mooks under her command as the protagonist group out to expose and deal with this plot, with a finale that involves both Malfurion and Tyrande showing up together as the proverbial cavalry.

At the end, other alliance leaders make contact/show up to negotiate the fate of the surviving mages, who are probably claiming to not have been participants in the plot (and some of them actually being honest in saying that), but the elven leaders don't want to hear about any pardons anymore.
Therefore, the best Velen, Gelbin & co. are able to make a deal on with the elves is letting the remaining mages walk away alive and become the other alliance races' guests (or problem, as the elves put it), therefore explaining the existence of alliance-aligned player characters of that particular class/race combination simultaneously with a night elven civilization that wants nothing to do with them and stands by their sovereign right to rule that way despite being a member of the alliance.

Tags
fanwank, warcraft