Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

View Poll Results: Which Orc should die?
Doomhammer 14 48.28%
Blackhand 23 79.31%
Durotan 10 34.48%
Kargath 22 75.86%
Kilrogg 17 58.62%
Gul'dan 18 62.07%
Ner'zhul 18 62.07%
Grom 19 65.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2013, 09:18 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
It's inevitable.

Also, Kynrind is the new Salandrin. I did NOT need the image of Kargath accidentally killing himself while trying to wipe his arse.
He's the idiot who cut off his own hand to replace it with a blade, right? I figure he can get drunk and forget he had his hand replaced, do the wipe and slice and BAM. Ignoble death like the putz deserves.

Quote:
You people are horrible. Leave the orcses alone.
No. They all need to die. Give them the native American smallpox blanket treatment or something. There's no need for yet MORE orcs to join the MU Horde.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynrind View Post
He's the idiot who cut off his own hand to replace it with a blade, right?
I wouldn't call someone who tried to escape from slavery an ''idiot''.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:22 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
He's the idiot who cut off his own hand to replace it with a blade, right? I figure he can get drunk and forget he had his hand replaced, do the wipe and slice and BAM. Ignoble death like the putz deserves.

No. They all need to die. Give them the native American smallpox blanket treatment or something. There's no need for yet MORE orcs to join the MU Horde.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:31 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Heh. No. I'm not nuts. I'm just somewhat vindictive and unforgiving to those I feel that deserve it. I could see the MU orcs accidentally bringing a disease from Azeroth that infects and kills a lot of orcs. Perhaps a little 'gift' from the RAS to help keep down the orc numbers. Sylvanas and the forsaken would not necessarily like the idea of the orcs becoming strong again and regaining the leadership position they once had.

Quote:
I wouldn't call someone who tried to escape from slavery an ''idiot''.
I'd say cutting off his hand to replace it with a weapon is what is stupid.

Last edited by Kynrind; 12-22-2013 at 09:37 AM..
Old 12-22-2013, 10:19 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you step on a lego.

Too far man.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
I'd say cutting off his hand to replace it with a weapon is what is stupid.
His primary objective was to escape. Replacing it with a weapon was just a nice bonus.

Now, I'd agree if you meant the MU Kargath, who replaced his second hand too.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:29 AM

Banished

Quote:
Why would the AU Draenor guys even WANT to leave their planet and fight for the interests of Azerothian factions? For all intents and purposes, the Alliance and Horde are the invaders!
Maybe AU Draenor goes KABOOM at the end of the WoD story and they'll have no choice.

I hope not, because the thought of that in the timeline is making my head hurt, but meh.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
His primary objective was to escape. Replacing it with a weapon was just a nice bonus.

Now, I'd agree if you meant the MU Kargath, who replaced his second hand too.
I've looked at the lore on Kargath on WoWpedia, both the MU and AU versions. nowhere does it say he cut off his hand to escape slavery. I know Zul'jin cut off his arm to escape the High elves after they captured him. Kargath, I hadn't known he did that. The only lore I can find is that he did it to himself when he became a grunt. As for the MU Kargath.. I'd hate to be the orc servant or slave that had to dress/put on his armor, feed him and wipe his butt after he cut off his other hand.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:38 AM

Elune

Metzen said at Blizzcon that Kargath cut off his arm and asked the other orcs if they wanna join. And so they rebelled against the ogres.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I've looked at the lore on Kargath on WoWpedia, both the MU and AU versions. nowhere does it say he cut off his hand to escape slavery. I know Zul'jin cut off his arm to escape the High elves after they captured him. Kargath, I hadn't known he did that. The only lore I can find is that he did it to himself when he became a grunt. As for the MU Kargath.. I'd hate to be the orc servant or slave that had to dress/put on his armor, feed him and wipe his butt after he cut off his other hand.
It was mentioned during BlizzCon.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:40 AM

The Sun King

MU Kargath cut off his other hand after going fel-crazy, though.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:49 AM

Elune

I don't find people cutting off their hands/arms to be particularly bad ass. They are just insane. Holding a weapon in your hands is more effective than attaching it to your wrist.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
I don't find people cutting off their hands/arms to be particularly bad ass. They are just insane. Holding a weapon in your hands is more effective than attaching it to your wrist.
Gee, please excuse the fictional race for not having real life moral values and standards.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
He was shackled, though. He had to free himself, so he did what had to be done. The same probably hold true for his clansmen.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:00 AM

Elune

Quote:
He was shackled, though. He had to free himself, so he did what had to be done. The same probably hold true for his clansmen.
When I see him I am going to shout out that he is a loser emo kid.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
It was mentioned during BlizzCon.
Ah. Then someone should add it to the Kargath WoD entry. It makes no mention of him cutting off his hand to escape slavery.

Quote:
Gee, please excuse the fictional race for not having real life moral values and standards.
Cutting off your hand just to put a weapon there is pretty stupid even for a fictional race. You -severely- limit your options on what you can do and what you can use because you can't grab anything. All you can do is have things strapped to your forearm (which would atrophy into a stick like thing because without your hand, there's nothing there to keep the muscles of the forearm strong. Kargath would have tiny forearms after several years) and it means you have to rely on someone else to make your new 'hand' and the leather/wooden/metal cup that holds the hand/blade/whatever' to your forearm.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:39 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
Blizz has flat-out stated that what happens in WoD is not going to affect the MU timeline. I assume that would include AU characters being "imported" into the MU. It is an absolutely terrible idea that the Horde should "import WoD survivors to even out the scale" or "balance things out" or whatever. That's dumb. First off, like Sky said, that cheapens the MU characters and their sacrifices/deaths/actions/etc. Second, it cheapens any and all lessons the orc race of the MU Horde are supposed to learn this expansion.

Now, on topic:

I'd like to see Durotan and Orgrim survive this ordeal. After this expansion, assuming the Iron Horde is defeated by the Horde+Alliance, I'd like to see Durotan and Orgrim pick up the pieces of their people. I don't want them coming to the MU. I want them staying in the AU and reversing the damage the Warlords caused. Hopefully this would teach the MU orcs that they too are capable of reversing the damage Garrosh caused.

The AU would, ideally, end with the draenei and orcs living on Draenor together peacefully. Perhaps even prepared for the meddling of the AU Legion. Or even peacefully interacting with AU Azeroth in some fashion. I just want a happy ending for the AU that stays in the AU.
I was reading it when I had a sudden realization : aren't we wrong when we talk about an "Alternate Universe" ? I mean, it isn't a whole Universe, simply a world pushed out of its original timeline and artificially tied to another (our own). So, it's not even an Alternate world, but a Divergent one; therefore, Draenor is now part of our own Universe, but it exist alongside the Outland.

Thus, if characters from Draenor moved to Azeroth, or vice-versa, they don't enter another timeline per se, they simply enter a new world.

Still, having a shitload of orcs coming out from Draenor to Orgrimmar would be cheap, especially when there is trolls that should be recruited into the Horde, if this faction truly need to bolster its ranks so quickly.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:42 AM

Arch-Druid

I think all will die throughout the expansion's life

I dont really have strong feelings one way or the other. Maybe will be good to see Durotan live and be with main Horde.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:24 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
He has his other hand for that.

Quote:
Way to insert a politically incorrect phrase.

Anyway Orcs are to the Horde, as Humans are to the Alliance.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
This. After the boondoggle of the first two Wars, classic WoW, Cata and MoP, orcs need to take a backseat in the Horde for a damned long time. Kill all of the AU orc leaders. Aside from a few, orcs have proven to be nothing but arrogant, power hungry, sometimes racist assholes.

Most of the rest of the orcs should die from a disease the MU orcs bring to AU that decimates the orcish and ogre populations that leaves only a few hundred left alive. I am sick and tired of orcs. It is time and past time for the damned orcs to play second fiddle for the rest of WoW's existence.
Not going to happen anytime soon. I'm sorry, but you hitched your wagon to the wrong franchise.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:10 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post

I always felt that by tying a kingdom/clan to each race we'd get a healthy dose of human/orc development while also moving the other races along at a healthy pace.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-22-2013, 03:31 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Kilrogg and Durotan are recruited into the Horde.

Kargath, Blackhand, and Gul'dan get killed in Raids.

Ner'zhul is killed, possibly by the Alliance, then is raised by Gul'dan. New (preferably Horde based) cult of the Damned ensues.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
He has his other hand for that.
That's why I said he would be drunk or something. He's swigging some orc swill, goes to take a crap and since he's holding a beer in one hand, uses the other.

Quote:
Way to insert a politically incorrect phrase.

Fuck political correctness. It was a mean and nasty tactic used by some true bastards in the 1800's, but it was effective. I can see the forsaken doing something exactly like that because only a moron wants MORE orcs now and I can see the Alliance standing by and letting it happen. Why should they want to risk the AU orcs joining the Horde? This way a hell of a lot of orcs are killed in a way that doesn't risk Alliance lives. If your enemy is suffering from a disease, you do not help him fight it. You stand back and let it run its course, then move in for clean up.

Sadly though, there are some idiots that would want the Alliance to help the AU orcs if a disease outbreak happened. Screw that! Let the damned bastards die.

Last edited by Kynrind; 12-22-2013 at 04:34 PM..
Old 12-22-2013, 03:58 PM

Eternal

Gul'dan, Blackhand, and maybe bladefist depending on what he does.

Durotan, Ner'zhul, Orgrim and Kilrogg should all live

Grom maybe should have a noble death but he already had this.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Durotan surviving to me would be best for the Frostwolf clan on Azeroth for sure and could be major for the Horde going forward. I would rather only one Orc came through such as Durotan that joined the Horde as i expect people may be upset if we randomly got Doomhammer/Grom back etc.

I want Ner'zhul and Gul'dan to come to our Azeroth not to join the Horde but to seed into future developments. Would be awesome if Ner'zhul instantly felt a connection to Northrend and the Lich King the second he came to our Azeroth.

I suspect a lot of them will die with some maybe surviving to stay on there Draenor along with some Orcs from our timeline to go there like our Drek'thar even if its just for a moment to die in peace.

Quote:
When I see him I am going to shout out that he is a loser emo kid.
I hope your joking >.<. Quite sure there have been many a people who have done similar things to escape capture or slavery even if they died of it. What would you have done?

Run

Last edited by Ku'ja; 12-22-2013 at 05:42 PM..

Tags
kar gaht is evul, kill rog is evul, orks, slay them all!