Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 01-31-2014, 05:23 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3) Aftermath

The last few weeks have been pretty rough.

First the magic all through the city was flickering on and off, then it was gone entirely.

Then reports of horrible monsters massacring citizens near the well sprung up.

Ravencrests attempts to save the Queen, The Queen turning out to be insane, Priestesses fighting alongside gods and dragons, the destruction of the well, everything feels surreal, like an extended nightmare, you can hardly believe you got mixed up in the fighting yourself.

You're alive though. You've survived the War of the Well, or War of the Ancients as some of the soldiers who saw the demigods in action are calling it, as if that will ever catch on.

You're sitting just outside one of the many refugee camps Malfurion Stormrage created with his nature magics. Pretty impressive you suppose, you know some magic yourself but you're no Highborne, might've been nice to get into the Moonguard, fat chance of that now though with High Priestess Tyrande backing Malfurion's ban on arcane magic. You don't know what to think about that just yet.

Enough brooding over your home and everyone you knew or loved being destroyed by demons though, your name is Cerellon Moonspear, what are you going to do now?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 01-31-2014 at 05:33 AM..
Old 01-31-2014, 07:18 AM

Echo of the Past

Worship Varian.

. . .

I mean... start a cooking fire to prepare a meal. You're probably hungry. Plus, cooking will give you more time to brood, and maybe you'll start chatting with other refugees.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:28 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Starting a fire is a little tricky given that everything's soaked from the recent rain, but with a bit of work and maybe a little magic you get one lit.

Before you know it you've got a little bit of dried fish and some spices stewing in a small clay pot, not the best tasting meal you've ever had but it's decent enough.

You haven't got a whole lot in the way of food now, just a small water skin and another dried fish, but the refugee camps have been distributing supplies and there are foraging efforts to supplement it, Hyjal and the forests around it are pretty fertile even if the rest of the world's been blasted to the bottom of the sea.

You still miss the way things were, but at least you're not hungry now, and some other refugees seem to be heading over.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-31-2014, 08:18 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Disregard refugees

Acquire octopodes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:41 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Disregard refugees

Acquire octopodes
You're not honestly feeling up to chatting, but some cooked octopus was handed out by the fishermen the other day and maybe these people have leftovers.

"Ishnu-alah" one of them, a woman wrapped in shawls and scarves so that her face below her eyes is obscured, mumbles at you. "Would it be alright if I eat with you?"

Another is just behind her, a one-legged man with a young boy acting as his crutch.

"Could you spare some food for us as well? The lines in the camp are hours long, we'll pay you for your trouble." He lifts up a few pieces of silver bearing Azshara's visage on one side and a stylized design of the Well on the other.

You take a moment to consider your response, no one's really sure what the currency is worth, if anything, now that Azshara's dead and the Highborne are gone.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-31-2014, 10:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Say you'll let them eat with you if they perform a dance and rap for your amusement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:52 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Say you'll let them eat with you if they perform a dance and rap for your amusement.
"Keep your money, you might need it if they decide it's worth anything. You can have it if you dance and sing a bit. Any of you know a few good songs?"

The man frowns a tad and shakes his head as his son helps him sit down, though the woman parts the scarf covering her lips a bit and demonstrating a modest singing voice, the boy helps his father sit down and accompanies with a half-starved jig.

The old man seems unhappy and a tad humiliated that his son is dancing for food but the woman seems amused.

Quote:
Anar'alah, Anar'alah E'lune
Kal'dorei
Shindu fallah na
Kal'dorei
Anar'alah
Shindu Kal'dorei
Shindu fallah na
Kal'dorei
Anar'alah E'lune
Shindu Kal'dorei
Shindu fallah na
Kal'dorei
Anar'alah E'lune
E'lune

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-31-2014, 11:30 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Alright, let's get serious. I'm going to rebuild the Kaldorei empire bigger and better than ever before. So let's get started.

Sound out this family's political bent.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 12:24 PM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Alright, let's get serious. I'm going to rebuild the Kaldorei empire bigger and better than ever before. So let's get started.

Sound out this family's political bent.
A moment of boundless ambition strikes you, and you decide to test the waters.

"So... what do you think of Malfurion and the new High Priestess? It's a bit difficult to believe what they're saying about Queen Azshara but Dath'remar and the Highborne seem to support their claims. They even say Cenarius does, and I'd never believed he existed until recently." You spoon out a bit of the spiced fishwater you're attempting to pass off to stew into some small wooden bowls for them.

The older man smiles a bit. "I saw him on the battlefield, Archdruid Stormrage and Cenarius both, they were magnificent, they saved my life as I was dragged from the battlefield..." he pats his leg solemnly. "I believe them, whether those demons were controlling the Queen or not, I think... I think we've all seen that the power of the Well was too much for our people."

His son smiles a bit. "I heard he's teaching others to be druids, I saw one talk to the forest the other day when food was being brought in, the trees moved all on their own, just like in the old stories. I like them better than the Highborne."

The other woman sips at her bowl absently before shrugging noncommittally. "There was a lot of confusion while the fighting was going on, we'll see how this Priestess Tyrande and this druid perform in time I suppose."

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-31-2014, 05:38 PM

Eternal

Consider uniting with the Zandalari.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroombie View Post
Consider uniting with the Zandalari.
You briefly consider coming together with the barbarian trolls to forge a new era of peace and prosperity for both your nations.

And promptly dismiss it because even if they weren't blasphemous cannibalistic barbarians they were obviously wiped out in the Sundering when the Well exploded.

EDIT:

Plus you're a refugee, not like anyone would listen to your crazy troll sympathizing-ass.

If you were a troll sympathizer.

Which you're not.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-31-2014, 06:41 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Give in to your secret infatuation with trolls and spend a few seconds fantasizing about their savage beauty.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 06:47 PM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Give in to your secret infatuation with trolls and spend a few seconds fantasizing about their savage beauty.
You briefly wonder how in the name of Elune troll's kiss with their tusks in the way, but promptly snap back to reality as you recognize the conversation's picked up again.

"Have you heard some of the rumors of what happened to the Highborne? They say they all turned to... to Satyr." The young boy says, clutching his meal nervously.

"That's got to be nonsense, those demons on the battlefield are one thing, but Satyr are a myth." His father chides. "Though Xavius and those bastards that sided with the demons were definitely as vile as Satyr."

The woman sets her empty bowl down silently, brows furrowed. "Dath'remar said they were real, that Xavius was the first... some say there are still a few around in the wilds, that not all of those monsters were drawn back to the well."

That's certainly something to consider. You glance over your shoulder briefly in thought.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-31-2014, 06:48 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Resume quest to restore the might and glory of the Kaldorei empire.

Suggest that you heard Malfurion and the other druids want to do away with civilization as we know it.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 07:22 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Resume quest to restore the might and glory of the Kaldorei empire.

Suggest that you heard Malfurion and the other druids want to do away with civilization as we know it.
This little fireside chat's been the first time you've really had a chance to put your thoughts in order regarding everything that's happened, and realize just how badly you want to fix things.

But where do we go from here?

"Malfurion and Priestess Tyrande want everyone to give up arcane magic, Dath'remar says we just need to be more careful... but with what happened to the Well, I don't know what to think anymore."

The older gentleman sighs and shakes his head. "For a long time, the Highborne and their magics were good to us, but even before all this it had already started to grow sour, I think we're better off with magics that tie us to the land, Cenarius is wise, he's the son of the Goddess after all, if Malfurion's his student I trust he knows best." His son nods in silent agreement while the woman shakes her head.

"I can't agree, what happened was a disaster, and certainly the Highborne shouldn't be in power, but to give up arcane magic completely? That is... too much."

You frown a bit as you look between your guests, the woman's likely in the minority, not many were happy with the Highborne before they let an army of monsters into the world, but Malfurion and his druids wanted to change so much... sitting here talking isn't going to get much done regardless.

"Thank you all for speaking with me tonight... but I think I'd like to take a walk. You're welcome to camp here if you want, enjoy the fire."

With that, you step towards the dirt path that'd been worn between the forest and the refugee camp.

It's not as if there are many places to go with most cities destroyed and the rest of the world... sundered. The forest, the refugee camp, or the coastline?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-31-2014, 07:54 PM

Eternal

Pronounce your undying love/lust for Trolls
Old 02-01-2014, 08:21 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Pronounce your undying love/lust for Trolls
You decide to go to the forest to check for trolls in case there are any there.

Because Trolls are dangerous.

Yes that's it.

Absolutely no ulterior motives.

Besides, it's probably a good idea to have a general feel since the forests are likely to be your new home.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-01-2014, 01:44 PM

Eternal

Before heading out, take inventory of your skills.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:21 PM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Before heading out, take inventory of your skills.
As you walk, you think over some of your skills, it'd be good to have your head about you in case you bump into any animals agitated by the Well's explosion, or leftover demons.

You have a fair knowledge of magic in general, but your recent training in hopes of joining the Moonguard before all the craziness started have helped you learn a few combat oriented spells.

You're not that good at fire spells*, but you're fair at pure-arcane magic and specialize in frost magic, as a result you have a simple water elemental bound to your will. Your greatest asset though has always been your creativity, your instructors praised you on it, especially when you passed one of your exams using arcane magic to mimic the starlike spells of a priestess. Apparently some druids can do that too though, which is cool you guess.

Unfortunately, you don't know how to conjure food yet, which would be a good skill to have in a post-apocalyptic economy.

As a side note, you realize you haven't had much occasion to cast since the destruction of the Well and things feel a bit weird on that front. Having the mana scattered in the air all around you rather than there being a deep single font to connect with will take some getting used to.

*awful really, just absolute rubbish, you're lucky you got that campfire lit without burning your absurdly long eyebrows off.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-01-2014, 10:24 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Start organizing survivors.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2014, 11:29 PM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Start organizing survivors.
You begin making a mental list of things you'll need to do if you want to rebuild Kal'dorei society.

First on that list is to build up some influence, and right now the best way to do that is goodwill with the other refugees.

Bringing food and water might help, or who knows what exploration might yield since there are always new people filtering in that need to be guided to the camps.

You reach a small clearing in the forest and some tracks branch off in a few directions. One set look like they belong to an elf, but the rest are animal tracks, hoof prints and paw prints heading in different directions.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-01-2014, 11:30 PM

Eternal

Acquire Water Elemental. Ask for advice.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:01 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Acquire Water Elemental. Ask for advice.
With a few muttered words and a brief moment of concentration, you draw your elemental familiar forth into this plane.

"Hello again Hydrian, tell me, in the realm of the elements, how does one usually gain influence, I'm hoping to make the most of the devastation wrought on the world by the Well's explosion."

Hydrian looks perplexed for a moment and bubbles something in Kalimag before resonating softly in Darnassian. "The Dukes of Water take power in many ways elf, some consume their rivals or betters to gain their power, others trick them into losing battles with the forces of Flame and Air so that they will lose favor with The Tidehunter, others simply endeavor to earn the favor of the current Dukes or the Tidehunter himself."

You contemplate this for a moment, so simply put, a few options are to pick a side among the Druids or Highborne and earn their favor, or create his own and compete with them, or is it really that simple?

You glance over to the tracks and raise a brow. "Thank you, another thing though, can you detect anything about unusual about these tracks that I should know?"

The elemental pulses in what might be a shrug. "I sense the faint magic of one of the forest keepers nearby, all Water elementals feel Elune's pull, however faint. I do not know the others though."

"Interesting, thank you." You lean against a tree and mull this over.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-02-2014, 02:26 AM

The Sun King

Conjure Sparkling Water in secret from everybody, than give it out to refugees under the guise of Bubbling Water in hopes of gaining their goodwill.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:35 AM

World Builder

Night Elf Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Conjure Sparkling Water in secret from everybody, than give it out to refugees under the guise of Bubbling Water in hopes of gaining their goodwill.
That is a great plan! If only you knew how to conjure food and water!*

You regret nodding off in those lessons, but the markets had always been so plentiful you hadn't seen the point. You're kicking yourself now.

You do make a note to practice that skill later though.

*Water that isn't an elemental.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
collaboration, creative