Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 10-03-2014, 12:05 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Both a) and b) are possible. But not c).
That's why I chose b). Don't know what your problem is.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:23 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
That's why I chose b). Don't know what your problem is.
Problem? No, I just thought you were asking me for clarification.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:39 PM

Echo of the Past

"So, we're not going after the Eye?"

"Not yet."

"FOUR SOULS TREAD BENEATH A WALL
SEEKING NEITHER STAFF NOR EYE
THEY WALK THE PATH OF THOSE WHO STOOD
AND SOUGHT UNTIMELY DESTINY"

"Your friend is a class act, 'Danny. I have not heard such senseless rambling in millenia."

"Bluh'Gall, when you say 'four souls', are you counting Karn'Flopsy as one, or are you counting your own two heads separately?"

"That paper bag on his shoulder, with the face drawn on it? Why would he count that as a separate 'soul'?"

"Well, there's another head underneath it. It's either unconscious, or dead."

"I... I don't understand. What happened?"

"MY OTHER HEAD LACKED SUFFICIENT AWESOME! THE MASTER STRUCK IT UNTIL IT CEASED SPEAKING!"

"It--why?"

"LACKED SUFFICIENT AWESOME"

"You form an intricate tapestry of fool and psychopath. All of you."

"So if we aren't going after the Eye, and we aren't going after the Scepter, then what are we going after?"

"SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING BORROWED, SOMETHING BLUE!"

"What?"

"Oh, pay him no heed. This creature tends to ramble senselessly, but he has a nasty left hook."

"Who are you talking to?"

"Nochthitus."

"We all heard the gate open. Could it be? Has the Master's servant finally arrived?"

"He has, Guardian. With his minions."

"And has he brought the final piece?"

"He has it within his cloak. I have felt it the entire time."
Old 10-07-2014, 12:40 PM

Echo of the Past

Shadow Orb

Quote:

As he was speaking, the shaman had been drawing more circular images into the sand, each one showing different ratios of light-to-dark.

"You asked me, Gul'dan, whether the wisdom of the dead could overwhelm and destroy us mortals. In answer, I refer you to the moon. Our moon is in constant cooperation with the sun, reflecting different phases of its power throughout the seasons. At times, only a tiny crescent of energy is illuminated to us. At others, it seems the entire orb is alight. But regardless, there is always some element of shadow remaining."

"This shadow is the moon itself. And, as useful as the moon's light is, it is the shadow that is not a lie. It is the shadow that reminds us, as we cooperate with the elements of the natural world, that we are not merely a reflection of those elements world but a force in and of ourselves."
Quote:
"This shadow is the moon itself. And, as useful as the moon's light is, it is the shadow that is not a lie."

"I have the true image of the divine moon. The Shadow Orb."

"The final gift to our lord destroyer. The essence of the orcs, channeled into a Sovereign's Orb. Crafted through the darkness of their souls. Heightened, by imbibing the blood of an Annihilan."

"THIS IS WHY WE CAME HERE FIRST, MASTER! THE ORB ISN'T COMPLETE UNTIL WE SLAY ITS GUARDIAN, TEE HEE! LET ME PLEASE, LET ME DRINK THE DIRTY NATHREZIM BLOOD FROM HIS HEAD!"

"A fitting tribute, and the final requirement. With Eye, Jeweled Scepter, and Shadow Orb, all shall be complete! Come, mortal, bring it to me. Receive your reward."

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-07-2014 at 12:52 PM..
Old 10-08-2014, 07:56 AM

Ranger

Pff, the Shadow orb? How boring.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:08 AM

Echo of the Past

Think of it like a Globus cruciger, if that helps.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:14 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Ah, of course, the Shadow Orb. Nicely seeded with that bit with Ner'zhul.

But here's something I don't understand. Did Gul'dan have the Orb with him all along? Where did it come from? How is it connected to the Tomb?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:17 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
But here's something I don't understand. Did Gul'dan have the Orb with him all along? Where did it come from? How is it connected to the Tomb?
More flashbacks next time, if we get a decision.

Give the orb over? Kick the dreadlord in the crotch? Throw a lasso and try to bind it? Run?
Old 10-08-2014, 04:20 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Just straight up melt his face with black magic.

Trap his soul while you're at it, so he doesn't respawn. Because we're just that evil.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2014, 04:21 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Wait, do we need the Dreadlord to do anything before we can activate the orb? If we need him alive, maybe don't melt his face just yet.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2014, 04:25 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Wait, do we need the Dreadlord to do anything before we can activate the orb? If we need him alive, maybe don't melt his face just yet.
That's a good question. Cho'gall doesn't seem to think so - he's ready to melt the face off. Karn'Flopsy is building diplomatic bridges. Drak'thul isn't saying much.

It's up to us to decide.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:27 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

circlejerk
Old 10-08-2014, 05:41 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
It's up to us to decide.
Then let us melt face. And steal soul.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2014, 04:02 AM

Ranger

Quote:
More flashbacks next time, if we get a decision.

Give the orb over? Kick the dreadlord in the crotch? Throw a lasso and try to bind it? Run?
Summon his mother and let her send him home?
Old 10-24-2014, 11:41 AM

Demon Hunter

When will this continue ?
Old 10-24-2014, 02:18 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhulDjinn View Post
When will this continue ?
(Okay, sorry, I was going to have little flashbacks for when Gul'dan learned about each of the three artifacts, and I've gotten bogged down a little bit. Also playing Hearthstone so I can unlock the Naxxrama stuff.)

(EDIT: In the meantime, you still have a chance to vote if you want influence on the present-day shenanigans.)
Old 10-24-2014, 04:08 PM

Demon Hunter

No worries take your time . The suspens is just too great! And nah I don't know what to vote for this one so I won't.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:04 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Circle jerk god damn it.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:08 PM

Echo of the Past

Thumbs down

Nochthitus frowned.

"You try my patience, mortal. Bring me the Orb."

"This doesn't look good. I don't want to die like this! Gul'dan, can we summon a chick?"

"Yeah. Hey Nockers, I summon YOUR MOM!"

*POOF!!*

"Awesome."

"Mmm, you're in trouble."

"Enough, fools! Enough of these shenanigans!"

"The shenanigans have only begun, paleface! Now hold still."

Gul'dan cradled his hands into each other, forming a projectile of fel energy.

"Give, me, the Shadow Orb!"

"IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!"

"Impudent little..."

" 'Impudent little, impudent little!' listen to him squeak, the angry mouse! C'mere, little mouse! I'm gonna EAT YA!"

Bluh'gall lunged forward, tackling the dreadlord.

"FACE MELT!" Gul'dan shouted, hurling the projectile toward Nochthitus.

"Blu'gall, no!"

**SCHPLACK**

"Your face-melting bolt seems to have missed its mark, little orc."

"NO WAY I TOTALLY SAW IT HIT SOMETHING! WHAT DID IT HIT THEN? WHAT DID IT HIT?"

"BECAUSE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO HIT THIS FACE RIGHT HERE, LIKE THIS." Bluh'gall threw Nochthitus to the ground and wailed on him, punching his head repeatedly with the full force of his body. The others gathered around the fallen dreadlord.

"Karn'Flopsy, pull them off! Aid your fellow servant!"

"Stupid Nathrezim. Your kind never understands, not even after it's too late."

"'Gall and Karn'Flopsy, bind his limbs and place him on his back. Drak'thul, help me prepare this soul gem. Then Mamanoch, straddle the dreadlord's body upside down and take off your top. The rest of us will form a circle around you and masturbate upon your bodies."

"Warlock magic is really weird."

"You bet your sweet ass it is."

"No, it can't end this way! Not like this! SLEEP!"

In an instant, with little more than a glance, the dreadlord had cast his spell.

"Gul'dan?"

ZZZzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZ zzzzZZZzzzZZzzZZZzzzZZZZzzzz

"Mmmm, handsome here is fast asleep."

"But we're still gonna do this, right? We're still gonna do this thing?"

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-28-2014 at 03:01 PM..
Old 10-28-2014, 01:09 PM

Echo of the Past

Shadow Orb

"It is a gift," gleamed the young Thunderlord warlock.

"A gift, Vorpil?" Gul'dan scrutinized the object in front of him.

"A display of gratitude, for the brave new path you have set our people upon."

It was a perfectly round orb, its exterior granting a hue of violet blackness. As Gul'dan gazed into that dark, it filled him with a pang of emptiness that was, somehow, appetizing to both his physical and magical senses.

"Magnificent. How did you form it?"

Vorpil smiled. "All of us on the Shadow Council pooled our efforts into its creation. It contains the essences of ourselves, as tempered by the new magicks. It is a harvest of the shadow of our souls, siphoned from the black energies of this plane, not enough to actually possess our spirits but enough to channel the personal darkness that empowers us."

"Very inventive of you." Gul'dan trailed a finger along the Orb's outside surface. "The entire Shadow Council? Including the 'First' Circle?"

Kur'kul, another warlock attending, gave a clear nod. "Blackhand and Bladefist were eager to participate, and the other chieftain-members required little coaxing."

The orc named Skargax looked pestered. "Some of us doubt they were worth approaching. They are uninitiated in our magiks. We do not summon them to every meeting. In truth, they are hardly members of the Council. What could their essences have contributed, really?"

Another orc, Teron'gor, made a thoughtful noise from his throat, "We discovered something unexpected toward the end of the crafting. Gul'dan, try holding the orb in your fist."

The old warlock did so. Within a few seconds, his eyes widened with an overwhelming rush of... physical strength? Yes. He felt much, much stronger than he had a moment ago.

"I feel... like I could rip the head off an ogre with my bare hands," Gul'dan whispered in awe.

Another warlock, Gaz'sol, nodded excitedly. "Exactly!" He leaned forward. "And what else? Do you feel the other thing?"

"I feel..." Gul'dan tightened his grip on the Orb. "I feel like... like if I fired a magical bolt, it would rip apart a stone wall!"

"Yes! But it's not your full range of spellcasting that feels stronger, right?" Gaz'sol continued with a grin. "It is just your most basic, primal spell? The one you would instinctively turn to when pressured?"

"Exactly," Gul'dan frowned in thought.

"Almost as if," continued Gaz'sol, still excited, "as if it is enhancing anything you perceive as a basic 'attack'. So it'll pick up if you are swinging a fist or an axe, or throwing a spear or firing a bow, or even calling on your go-to attack spell. But somehow, when you channel the more complicated magiks, they don't register as an 'attack'. Almost like the Orb activates or deactivates based on the part of your brain used, during the battle. The entire concept is revolutionary, we can learn so much from stud--"

Gaz'sol exploded from the waist up. His lower body and legs shifted slightly, then toppled over. He had been right! Gul'dan's basic shadow bolt WAS considerably more powerful while he was holding the Orb!

"Truly amazing," Gul'dan murmured to himself. With a raised eyebrow, he looked to each of his companions across the meeting table. "But this is what I don't understand. What made you conceive of such an idea? What inspired you to create this?"

A few of the higher-powered warlocks glanced at each other. Teron'gor answered, "Gul'dan, it was you who told us that we need no longer be slaves to the elements or the ancestors. Yet still, even with this new warlock magic, there is something binding us. We rely on the cooperation of these creatures to empower us. But this Shadow Orb, it is a step away from that. It channels all of our power as shamans and warlocks, as hunters and warriors, and focuses them like an enlarging lens. To any orc, it is the key to wielding an army's strength without relying on a clan. To us, it is the key to wielding a spellcaster's magic without relying on outside forces."

A smirk crossed Gul'dan's face, but he kept his true thoughts to himself. "A worthy explanation. Good work from all of you." Gul'dan began to sip from a jar of wine. "I just have one more question. If I awake from this dream alive, is this Shadow Orb powerful enough to kill the dreadlord attacking us?"

There was silence for a lingering moment. Then after coughing quietly, Teron'gor said, "Master, the Orb is culminated power from the Shadow Council and the orcish race itself. And you, Gul'dan, are considered the greatest of our castors." The warlock shrugged, "If you, within the cloak of the Shadow Orb, cannot destroy this daemon, perhaps you don't deserve the prize you seek."

Gul'dan scowled. "And do you have anything useful to say on the matter, Teron'gor?"

"Actually, you should remember that I changed my name after becoming a warlock. I am now called 'Teron Gorefiend'."

Gul'dan rolled his eyes. "Yes, that's right. You became a warlock and picked up a hip new name, because you wanted to be edgy."

"No, I wanted to have a last name."

"Well now you do. And it's retarded."

"No, using apostrophes as syllable markers is retarded." Teron answered sharply.

Gul'dan hissed, "Such cheek. You're probably off somewhere perfectly comfortable now, as I struggle to subjugate these daemons."

"Off hunting your treasures, you mean. Come, Gul'dan, you are the one who raced to find your Tomb and left me with Doomhammer. He is none too pleased with you, by the way."

"I'm sure," Gul'dan answered. "But you're not even really here, are you? Just a figment of memory, in this prison of daemon-induced dreaming."

"A figment, am I?" Teron smiled and, though his visage clearly remained that of a living orc, something about his grin contorted to resemble the human corpse that Gul'dan knew he now inhabited. "You crafted me as I am now, and I am the firstborn of such creations. Perhaps this places a special bond between us---for though I am indeed standing beside Doomhammer as we speak, reassuring him of my loyalty, you seem to have simultaneously summoned my mind to your own thoughts.

"Intriguing," Gul'dan murmured.

Teron turned to face the other members of the Shadow Council, who appeared to still be reenacting their past meeting though their voices had muted. "I have wandered the vastness of the Twisting Nether, Gul'dan, so it stirs me to find you in such a bound state of unnatural sleep. Perhaps one of your minions could give you a cut to the face, to wake you?"

Gul'dan grumbled, "Terrific idea. Now if only you could communicate that to one of them, instead of to me."

"Indeed. So now, I had best leave you. I don't want to accidentally be inside your mind when you get killed."

"Always hilarious, Teron."

"Try using the Orb to melt his face off," Teron suggested, even as his aura was fading out of Gul'dan's vision. "Whenever you wake up, try that. Melt his face off this time."

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-28-2014 at 03:06 PM..
Old 10-28-2014, 01:17 PM

Echo of the Past

Orb of Lightning

Gul'dan stood in the presence of Kil'jaeden, the Beautiful One, but his eyes remained fixed to the three crystals on the table before him. The red Heart of Fury, the yellow Brilliant Star, and the green Leafshadow.

"These artifacts were essential in our victories at Telmor and Karabor. No doubt they will bolster us in the final attack, when we destroy the draenei capital and bring you the traitor Velen!"

"Perhaps," Kil'jaeden rumbled. To Gul'dan, it seemed the beautiful one was planning something else for the final assault, but the orc wasn't going to press the question.

Instead, Gul'dan inclined his head toward Kil'jaeden. "I have heard you say these crystals are of no use to you. How is this so, Master?"

"Your orcs have stepped beyond the range of shamanism. In a similar way, I have stepped beyond the range of these... fragments."

"Fragments, master?"

Kil'jaeden stared upon Gul'dan, considering for a moment. Then, with an almost imperceptible nod, he continued. "Indeed. Fragments of a single crystal that was once very important to me. It was called Ata'mal. Once there were other crystals like it, similar but of lesser power. They are gone now."

"Gone?"

The beautiful one smiled. "All save one. The remaining one is a white orb, whose energies were second only to Ata'mal itself. It was older than any of my people. We speculated it was formed from the natural magic of our world itself. We called it the Jewel of Argus. It was preserved from destruction."

Gul'dan's salivation was almost visible.

"Beautiful one, I understand your power has grown beyond these mortal trifles," Gul'dan dipped his head in subservience, "but we, your meager servants, are far from those upper limits. If mere fragments from one of these crystals are able to aid us in the glorious quest of slaying the draenei, imagine how much more we would be able to accomplish with access to the fully-formed Jewel you describe!"

"The Jewel of Argus was taken and set upon a ceremonial staff. A scepter. And that was given to my master."

Gul'dan went silent. Could it be that Kil'jaeden, the mighty and powerful, himself had a master at some point? The orc had nothing to say. Then he realized something.

"Master, forgive my impudence. If you have stepped beyond the need of these crystals, then how is it that your master...?"

Kil'jaeden laughed. "Your impudence is forgiven. Indeed, he received no gain from our little scepter of crystal. Yet we were young and foolish, eager to give our firstfruits--worthless as they were." His eyes bore down on Gul'dan, as if looking through him. "But that, my slave, carried a power of its own. The physical action of a servant bestowing a gift to his master, swearing fealty through a tangible object. It forms a most substantial connection between them. Make no mistake: it is not a connection you and I will ever share."

Kil'jaeden's face looked to the sky blankly. "Yes, you are welcome to keep your eyes open and seek out the rest of the Ata'mal fragments, as you are likely to find them on this world. But do not hope to come across the Jewel or its scepter. It is the property of one you will never take from."

And with that, he disappeared.

Gul'dan stared at the space where Kil'jaeden had just stood. His thoughts were interrupted by a familiar rustling in the corner. "You can stop cowering now," he sneered, "the Beautiful One has left."

Behind him, Ner'zhul's voice whispered back. "Gul'dan, please. If you ever valued my counsel, if you have ever gained any amount of wisdom from me, I beg you to hear me now: Step away from this course."

Gul'dan snorted derisively. "Spare me your wimpering, Ner'zhul. I don't even know why you are permitted to remain here."

"I am here because, when I was your tutor, I bound our souls so that I could keep watch over my disciple." The shaman gave a resigned half-smile. "You knew this link would tell me your studies and activities, even as you passed over to Azeroth. You've just been too arrogant to care."

Gul'dan took a step back, eyeing Ner'zhul warily. "No. Not you too?"

"Why is your mind dwelling on this crystal and scepter? Its nature seems similar to the jeweled truncheons you crafted, for your Death Knights. Is that where you obtained the idea?"

"I can't waste time talking to you, Ner'zhul. I must find my way to the present, to wake up. Not this place. All of this isn't happening now... it happened before."

"I was wrong before, Gul'dan. I was wrong about our moon, about our identities," the shaman continued sadly. "Teron'gor was the first of your undead ranks, wasn't he? You know his name. But do you know the name of the human knight who is now his carrier? Do you know the name of the brother necrolyte who is now his truncheon? You don't, because they hardly count as existing, though their bodies and energies remain acting forces on the physical plane."

Gul'dan was slamming his body against the walls of the structure. "Maybe if I ram into things in my dream, I'll ram into things in real life! Got, to, wake, up!"

"You have brought so much pain to us, Gul'dan. So much pain. I pray that you die in this tomb." Ner'zhul sighed, his aura fading out of Gul'dan's vision. "Of course, the ancestors have not been answering my prayers as of late. Unfortunate."

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 11-03-2014 at 09:28 AM..
Old 10-28-2014, 01:46 PM

Echo of the Past

Orb of Fire

The human spellcaster materialized at the entryway to the Tower.

Gul'dan invoked a fireball, heaving it at the blue-clothed, pointed-hat caster just as the human threw his own flame toward the orc. The orc's shot struck true, sending the enemy sprawling back through the entranceway, while the human's own attack collided with the broadside of Cho'gall---who had shoved his master out of the projectile's path. The ogre-mage grunted a bit in pained rage.

"Gol'Kosh!" cursed the orcish warlock. "You fools, how many weeks does it take to clear a Tower?"

"Forgive us, master," his fellow warlock Ragnok Bloodreaver answered evenly. "The human must have been lying in ambush. Using the magic from those white-clothed healers, no doubt."

"No doubt," Gul'dan murmured. From what the Horde had seen, it appeared the humans had two classes of magic wielders: those who healed and concealed their brethren, and those who wielded fire and ice as weapons. It was to Gul'dan's infinite consternation that he understood neither of these techniques. It seemed that their magics relied not on the whims of the elements, nor did they physically devastate their bodies and the world around them. How was that possible? Was this world so much purer and idyllic than his own? Perhaps that was why these human spellcasters were able to co-exist and cooperate with each other, so unlike the warlocks and shaman of his own world.

The human still twitched, not far inside the Tower. Cho'gall approached him and extended a glowing palm, and after a brief moment the ogre-mage stood fully healed next to a lifeless corpse.

"Sunnyglade. That dog Tharbek told us the humans here would be fat and lazy, but they fought like direwolves to keep us out."
"Catapults go ptuh, then blamf! Guts everywhere everywhere beautiful destruction glorious death!"
"It took the Blackrocks terrible restraint to leave this Tower standing..."
"Terrible restraint! Foolish restraint!"
"...and still the human not-warlocks are able to appear here, as if there is some unbreakable leyline connection to it."
"Put de line in the coconut, leyline of the lei!"
"And the... energies of the..."

The Cho' head of Cho'gall sighed, and then leaned toward Gul'dan. "Look, Master, can we skip this part? I'm obviously the one here you have a mental link with, and we need to figure out how to wake up. We need to figure it out now."

Gul'dan shook his head. "No, this is the cutscene for the EYE. I wanna watch it."

The Cho' head gaped. "But master! I've been unconscious for almost two hours!" He gestured toward the 'Gall head, which was alternately lunging forward and backward repeatedly, shouting unintelligible curses at someone nobody else could see. "This guy's been in charge the whole time, and I think he's trading punches with a dreadlord right now! And earlier he was strangling me and pointing my neck downward, and then he fired off two or three Eyes of Kilrogg for no discernable reason. Do you know anything about that?"

"I TOLD YOU I WANNA WATCH THIS PART, SO GET BACK TO THE DREAM!" Gul'dan shouted. "This is the part where you say, 'Something is special about this place, and the humans know it.' So go ahead.

Cho' sighed. "Something is special about this place, Master, and the humans know it."

Gul'dan smiled and nodded, slipping back into the dream. "Of course there is." As he always did when entering the Tower, Gul'dan reached out his essence to feel the walls and bookshelves, searching for subtle changes since his last visit. "This Tower was once the residence of the one called Medivh. It belonged to his father. There is unique knowledge here."

Ragnok leaned forward, shadowed by his ogre bodyguard. Many warlocks had taken to travelling with ogres, clearly inspired by the examples of Cho'gall and Blackheart... even if none of the other ogres were intelligent warlock apprentices. Now Ragnok was glancing through some of the scrolls in plain view. "Unique knowledge, like the tome you attempted to acquire from the Dead Mines recently?"

Gul'dan's eyes narrowed. "Indeed." It had been a considerable time since he'd sent that group of ogres to recover the supposed 'Tome of Divinity'. Unfortunately, the humans had sent two squads of their best soldiers to do the same. The tome was in their possession now--probably at that temple called Northshire--but it was no matter. From rumors he'd heard, it seemed to be little more than a text describing how spellcasters could wear heavy armor and wield hammers instead of cloth and staffs. Gul'dan had moved on to greater goals now.

Ragnok was skimming through the conjurers' books, passing certain ones to his ogre as they caught his eye. "Even these ordinary texts can be enlightening," he mumbled. "There are breakdowns of the two magical classes we find in this world--which I admit to understanding very little of--but there are also descriptions of the warlock magicks we wield. This Medivh fellow knows the art of daemon summoning. Of creatures I've never seen before, powerful ones."

"Yes, there is that. And far, far more." Gul'dan walked over to a tapestry and touched it with the back of his hand. "There is also a Sympathy in this place."

"Sympathy?" Ragnok asked.

"Feel bad for the humans, as we pound their puny skulls to dust!" the 'Gall head suggested.

Gul'dan shook his head, "The magical law of Sympathy. It's a factor in their 'arcane' magicks. It's described in some of those ordinary texts you mentioned," he gestured toward Ragnok dismissively. "But what it means is Sunnyglade Tower has a powerful connection to Medivh, and Medivh has a powerful connection to the Tower of Karazhan, where he currently resides. Combine that with the similar architecture of the two towers themselves, the identical nature of several important items and tomes occupying each... and we find the occasional echo between them."

As he was speaking, Gul'dan strolled to a small table where another orc sat, writing upon a scroll. The orc's eyes were staring vacantly forward, and the quill he held seemed to be moving of its own accord. "Ah, what opportune timing!" Gul'dan commented. "It seems Scratcher here has connected with another writing-in-progress."

Gul'dan had stationed all manner of warlocks throughout Sunnyglade Tower, each of them feeling for sympathetic connections to the activities in Karazhan. One of his warlocks here was able to tell when daemonic activity occurred in Karazhan. Another was reliably able to tell when an elemental spell took place there. Yet another individual was crafted to be in-tune with his agent Garona, whom had been on the move within Karazhan for a bit of time now (which meant she had survived the failed attack on Medivh and somehow fallen into his good graces). But, in recent weeks, Gul'dan had found an increasing interest in the findings of a certain Utok Scratcher... he was the orc who had connected himself to every written word that was scrawled within the walls of Karazhan.

Now Gul'dan, Ragnok, and Cho'gall each turned their eyes to the scroll that Scratcher was etching upon blindly:

(this is what he wrote)

At this point Scratcher stopped writing, and the glaze in his eyes seemed to disappear.

Gul'dan snarled. "No! The rest, what is the rest? The burial, the tomb, the wards of protection? There has to be more! Get back to it!"

"There is no more," Scratcher groaned in exhaustion. "The writer has stopped. Perhaps he was interrupted."

"I cannot read human scribbles," Ragnok frowned. "What is this?"

"Ashes to ashes, stone to stone! The dead king leaves not flesh nor bone!" 'Gall screeched.
"Indeed. Ragnok, this describes the death of the daemonlord Sargeras," Cho' murmured. " Is this from the Song of Aegwynn?"

Gul'dan had taken the finished scroll and was pouring over it as he paced, half enraged but half enthralled. "It's not the blasted Song. It's new, brand new. Most likely from Medivh's little apprentice. Curse him for not describing the Tomb!"

Cho' frowned. "The author writes as if he is present."

"Yes, yes, one more trick of their magicks," Gul'dan flicked his hand. "It matches parts of the Song, enough that I trust its credibility. But it is clearly a different text."

Cho'gall raised his eyebrows. "You've translated and read the full Song of Aegwynn?"
"NERD! NEEEERD!"
"How did you even have time to do that?"

Gul'dan stared at his apprentice. "We've been here nearly five years, Cho'gall. What have you been doing all this time?"

"Fighting a war."

"Have you? What a waste." By now Gul'dan was barely paying attention to the other warlocks. A smile began to form. "Well, at least there is something of value here. We know where to find the Eye."

Scratcher rose to his feet and peered at the scroll. "The eye? I don't remember a specific mentioning of his eyes."

Gul'dan snorted. "No, not his eyes. The Eye. The eye of the storm. The shattering of unbreakable armor. The entrypoint of a god's death. The carnal bond between human and dark titan." With the claw of his forefinger, he made two markings upon the scroll. "

It struck like a dagger thrust in the center of Sargeras's chest.
It radiated from the center of its chest like a wildfire, leaving consumed flesh behind it.

Gul'dan laughed, laughed from the deepest part of his gut. "Once we uncover the Tomb, once we encounter the avatar, we now know exactly where to find the Eye. That tiniest orb of cooled stone, in the center of Sargeras's chest... it will give me powers of destruction beyond my wildest imaginings."

'Gall clapped in delight. "AND WE SHALL USE IT! USE IT TO OBLITERATE THIS STUPID DREADLOCK THAT SLAMMED A BOULDER ON US! BWA HA, HA HA HA!"

Gul'dan and the Cho' head stopped, now staring at 'Gall. The others in the Tower seemed to ignore them, continuing about their discussion, except now they were muted.

Cho' swallowed something into the back of his throat. "Master, I think my other head is unconscious now."

"Hmm," Gul'dan scratched his chin. "That can't be good. I really do need to find a way to wake up."

"Why didn't you hit him as soon as he fell asleep?!" Cho' screamed at his counterpart.
"WHY DIDN'T YOU HIT HIM!" 'Gall shouted back.
"You idiots knocked me unconscious hours ago!"
"YEAH BECAUSE YOU'RE A LOSER! LOSER HEAD!"

"Okay you two, that's enough." Gul'dan turned toward the center of the Tower. "I think I have an idea. I need both of you to help me connect to the Sympathy here. Even in dream form, it might be present. Come!"

Gul'dan and Cho'gall raised their arms toward each other, and a violet manifestation appeared between them. Even as their teleportation spell was concluding, the aura of Cho'gall had begun to fade out of Gul'dan's vision.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-29-2014 at 06:45 AM..
Old 10-28-2014, 02:18 PM

Echo of the Past

Medivh

Now Medivh had recovered himself, and the next blow landed squarely on a shield of bluish energy, the yellow fires of the sword spattering harmlessly like sparks. Lothar tried to cut upward, then thrust, then chop again. Each attack was met and countered by the shield.

Medivh snarled and raised a clawed hand, mystic energy dancing in his palm. Lothar screamed as his clothes suddenly burst into flames. Medivh smiled at his handiwork, then waved his hand, tossing the burning form of Lothar aside like a rag doll.

"Just. Gets. Easier," said Medivh, biting off the words and turning back to where Khadgar had been kneeling.

Ah, and what do we have here. A stowaway?

I cannot help you, Medivh, nor do I care to. Stay out of my path.

Within my mind, without an invitation! It looks like someone has learned a trick or two from the old men at Northshire. I wondered if you'd gleaned anything, or if you'd just burned the books with the rest of the abbey.

When you led me to this world, you told me it was to release your master. Come! You are ebbing, so this may be our final chance. Show me the Tomb!

. . .

Well... would you look at that.

Where is it, Medivh? Where in this cursed mind of yours are you hiding it.... AAAAHHH!

Careful where you look around, in here. But no... no, you aren't here for the Tomb, are you? That was before. Now... amazing. Now you are in the Tomb. In the Tomb, even as we speak. Oh, that is splendid!

I... the Tomb... Medivh...

Medivh, still? Aren't we on more familiar terms now? After the last time you were here?

Help me, Sargeras. Did you or did you not want me to release you from your Tomb?

Did I?

No more games! Your guardians will slay me if I do not wake from this sleep.

Now that's funny. I once had trouble myself, waking from a great sleep. You see, long ago a seed was planted. And then came my dormission. And, after the whole of it, when I awoke... well, you might say my seed had matured.

Sargeras!

You actually might call me Medivh, as you did before. For that is who I am as well. My soul wasn't just replaced by the daemonlord. His essence was a portion of my structure and existence. Our halves had become so warped, so intricately bound. The same being. Of course, that was after a great and long sleep. Not like your short, minor unconscious state now. It was actually more like... well, more like what happened to you after the first time you were here.

Will you wake me, or will I die?! This is our last chance!

You found your way once already, little orc. You found your way from the depths of my mind back into the shallows of your own. Follow that same path; it should take you considerably less time than before. But have a care to hurry--it seems the blade is set against us both this moment! Ha! Ha ha!

That laughter...

"Is that you, Sargeras? You seek to mock me? We'll see who laughs last, demon, when I claim your burning eye for my own!"

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 11-03-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Old 10-28-2014, 02:36 PM

Echo of the Past

Invisibility

Gul'dan had woken. And he was in an entirely different chamber of the Tomb.

"Wakey wakey.

"Ugghh, my head."

Karn'Floppsy smiled. "Indeed. But for all the pain you feel now, your situation could be worse."

The daemon presented his left hand, which was holding the severed head of Nochthitus--a look of shock on the late dreadlord's face. In Karn'Floppsy's right hand he cradled the Shadow Orb, which was emanating a new energy as the the dreadlord's blood dripped upon it.

Behind him, the succubus Mamanoch was stroking a long, slender scepter, silver and wood with a large white gem glittering at its peak. It was obviously the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras.

"Where am I?"

"Don't be coy, darling. Turn around."

Gul'dan did, and nearly fell to the ground again. Before him was the most magnificent sight he had ever beheld: the gigantic, cooled molten corpse of what could only have been described as a titan. The dormant avatar of Sargeras. He was in the Chamber of the Eye! Of their own accord, Gul'dan's own eyes locked on the center of the fallen daemonlord's chest---exactly where he knew the Eye of Sargeras to be.

"The others?"

"The other orc fled like a coward, almost as quickly as you had fallen into slumber," the daemon snorted in derision. "And your ogre pet?"

From behind a pillar, Karn'Flopsy produced the unconscious body of Cho'gall and threw him to the ground.

"He lives. But he was never meant to come here."

"I don't understand."

"You understand perfectly."

"Kill him, Gul'dan. Slay this... this base creature. And then take your place as the next Sargeras, the new god who walks this world."

"Cho'gall is powerful, a valuable slave. And at least one of his heads is interesting. We may need him in the coming..."

"There is nothing more coming! THIS IS THE MOMENT! THIS IS THE DAY! SLAUGHTER THIS WHELP AND TAKE, YOUR, PLACE!!!!

Sacrifice Cho'gall, claim the power of Sargeras, and ascend to godhood?

Don't sacrifice Cho'gall, and probably get horribly killed now?

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-28-2014 at 03:02 PM..
Old 10-28-2014, 02:43 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Call them out on this being a trap, but kill Cho'Gall anyway. He's a big guy, he can take it.
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
collaboration, storytelling, times change