Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 07-09-2019, 07:04 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Orb of Frost (SPOILERS) Azshara Cinematic - Eternal Palace Discussion

Post your opinions and impressions on the 8.2 - Eternal Palace raid cinematic

All spoilers allowed

(so all discussion is focused in one place and other threads / discord don't get cluttered up with spoilers and the likes)

Last edited by Krainz; 07-09-2019 at 11:58 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 01:06 PM

Arch-Druid

Well, we all knew that Azshara wouldn't die.

N'Zoth being freed was also to be expected.

The Video will probatly disected in details during the next few days.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:03 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

WoWhead has also posted a (previously datamined, but nice to have confirmation of where its used considering some other lore heavy broadcast text did not make it to live) conversation that happens immediately after the cinematic.

Lor'themar: Our victory rings hollow. Azshara's master will rise. Nothing can stop that now.
Jaina: For all her lies, Priscilla Ashvane spoke one truth. The war between the Alliance and Horde has kept us distracted. Divided, we have no hope against N'Zoth.
Lor'themar: We may have found common cause here in Nazjatar, but the battle still rages beyond these waters. So long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, there can be no lasting peace.
Jaina: The war needs to end, Lor'themar. You know this to be true.
Lor'themar: I had hoped that reason would prevail. But the time has come to finish this.
Lor'themar: I will tell my people what transpired here. Of how Azshara fell because we stood together. Of the threat rising from the depths, and all that is at stake if we should fail.
Lor'themar: Then I will take my place beside Saurfang and Thrall, and pray that the sin'dorei stand with me.Lor'themar: Our victory rings hollow. Azshara's master will rise. Nothing can stop that now.
Jaina: For all her lies, Priscilla Ashvane spoke one truth. The war between the Alliance and Horde has kept us distracted. Divided, we have no hope against N'Zoth.
Lor'themar: We may have found common cause here in Nazjatar, but the battle still rages beyond these waters. So long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, there can be no lasting peace.
Jaina: The war needs to end, Lor'themar. You know this to be true.
Lor'themar: I had hoped that reason would prevail. But the time has come to finish this.
Lor'themar: I will tell my people what transpired here. Of how Azshara fell because we stood together. Of the threat rising from the depths, and all that is at stake if we should fail.
Lor'themar: Then I will take my place beside Saurfang and Thrall, and pray that the sin'dorei stand with me.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:39 PM

Arch-Druid

I felt underwhelmed. Not because of the events portrayed, but how the cinematic felt hollow. It's by far the weakest cinematic in a long while (I put every BfA and Legion cinematic as well as most WoD ones above it).

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 07-09-2019, 09:24 PM

Arch-Druid

Old 07-10-2019, 11:27 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

I just wonder how everyone else will react to this, and by everyone else I mean all those higher powers who have been content to let us do as we wills. Odyn, the friendly elemental lords, the Loa, the Ancients, I wonder if they might not be tired of us.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:58 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I just wonder how everyone else will react to this, and by everyone else I mean all those higher powers who have been content to let us do as we wills. Odyn, the friendly elemental lords, the Loa, the Ancients, I wonder if they might not be tired of us.
Something tells me Blizzard won't touch the subject.

I was expecting Odyn and his Valarjar forces to be a factor in the battle for Argus, yet Blizzard couldn't use them even in a cameo, despite them supposedly being a big important piece of Legion earlier.

This new crisis will be solved by mortals, again.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 07-10-2019, 07:41 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I was expecting Odyn and his Valarjar forces to be a factor in the battle for Argus, yet Blizzard couldn't use them even in a cameo, despite them supposedly being a big important piece of Legion earlier.
Really, that was a problem with all of the Class Orders (not to mention Artifact Weapons) basically starting with the Broken Shore. They all became nothing but sources for a new mount while this bizarre and faceless "Legionfall" thing replaced them; all of the story got yanked away from the buildup throughout Legion so that it could be funneled into Argus and become the Army of the Light's story instead.

And then the Artifact Weapons, with all their backstories and extensive lore, got a footnote between-expansion sendoff to showcase how the Devs never really properly decided on a satisfying way to retire them.

The Class Halls all stopped mattering the moment the Broken Isles opened. They turned into irrelevant background dressing for one quest hub and then a mere mechanic of the Mission Table after so we could instead spend the subsequent Argus patch ogling the shiny new toys that would become playable in BfA.

Basically almost everything about Argus' writing was a point-by-point example of how not to conclude a massive story you've been building up across the themes, characters and events of an entire expansion.

Last edited by ARM3481; 07-10-2019 at 07:47 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 08:41 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Something tells me Blizzard won't touch the subject.

This new crisis will be solved by mortals, again.
Blizzard will never step back from us being the heroes who save the world (or doom it, in this case), but I could see more of a storyline where they step in and try to assert authority over us. Odyn, his reformed Watchers, and his Valarjar are straight up sick of our Faction War shennanigans, since they've culminated in the release of one of those Old Gods that they worked so hard to defeat before. Therefore they move in to reestablish Titanforged control over Azeroth. Reorigination comes back on the table. Titanforged descendant races can be converted back into what they were meant to be (or some close derivative thereof), etc.

What's left of the Dragonflights oppose him, and we rally in the dragon isles for rebellion.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Blizzard will never step back from us being the heroes who save the world (or doom it, in this case), but I could see more of a storyline where they step in and try to assert authority over us. Odyn, his reformed Watchers, and his Valarjar are straight up sick of our Faction War shennanigans, since they've culminated in the release of one of those Old Gods that they worked so hard to defeat before. Therefore they move in to reestablish Titanforged control over Azeroth. Reorigination comes back on the table. Titanforged descendant races can be converted back into what they were meant to be (or some close derivative thereof), etc.

What's left of the Dragonflights oppose him, and we rally in the dragon isles for rebellion.
N'Zoth being freed came after us working together. It isn't like the Sha, and we eventually cleaned up that mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:52 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Apparently azerite goes red in its inert state
Old 07-15-2019, 10:27 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post

Apparently azerite goes red in its inert state
Yeah same as Gallywix cane

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/