Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-17-2016, 09:59 AM

Owl Scout

Quote:
I think that those mountain/stone giants are either titan-made elementals or pacifist elementals who were conscripted by the keepers, instead of being titanforged. The more humanoid stone giants like Archavon, on the other hand, should be titanforged, of course.
Yes, i think this can be the case. The elementals and titan-constructs seams to have some unexplored connection. Maybe we'll know more with Chronicle v2 and Draenor, with it's magnarons which eat furies.

Other questions:

Where and How the Aesir and Vanir were made? The Forge of Wills didn't exist by that time, and the world was completely dominated by the Black Empire. Maybe some titan forge on the moon? Guarded by an almost forget titan-keeper ?!?

Is the Valanyr history retconned or have it still a place in the lore?

Kologarn: giant, vanir, anubisath or golem?
Old 03-17-2016, 10:02 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
If I understood what I've read so far correctly, the original titan-forged are considered giants, just like the anubisaths. In other words, it is possible that the animal-headed keepers of Uldum are anubisath-type giants, as well as second gen keepers.

Since the anubisaths are made out of stone, would that add at least three more vanir? I'd say no, since anubisath seems to be a classification that's on the same level as vanir and aesir. Just another type of giant.
I think the terms Vanir and Aesir apply to all Titanic creations. The original Vrykul were described as iron-skinned so they would probably be an Aesir race too.

As for the Uldum Keepers, I do have some speculation on that due to Ra's heavy association with the place and his research into the Old Gods and other Void creatures. As it stands, it's impossible to ignore that Uldum has a lot of scarab motifs, giant obelisks, and generally stands out from other Titan facilities as bearing a much closer resemblance to the works of the Black Empire.

This isn't even a Chicken and the egg scenario or anything. We've got pictures of the Black Empire and it resembles the later Aqir empires. As much as the Aqir may have stolen from the Titans at a later date, Uldum was clearly made in imitation of their original Empire. Depending on whether the chin growth and carapace of the Nerubian Spider Lords is primarily natural, the Uldum Watcher design may have even been partially inspired by them.

But I digress. My chief point here is that Uldum was likely influence by Ra's research into the Old Gods and Void creatures, and he was probably the one who created the keepers there considering one of them was designed to wield the powers of Chaos, Destruction, and Void which would usually be antithetical to the Titans.

In that context, Setesh strikes me as an experiment to harness the power of their foes and see if the Void could be managed and controlled, and he does seem to be using two Void creatures to keep a "Void Lord" under restraint when you get to him.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:21 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Ra-Den was probably more culturally progressive than his brethren. Clearly Odyn facepalmed at this and couldn't be any happier when he left. Freya was progressive too, but wasn't as pretentious about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:12 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Ra also used mechanical scarabs as maintenance units.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Ra also used mechanical scarabs as maintenance units.
That settles it. Ra is a filthy Aqiraboo.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:51 AM

Eternal

Man, poor Hodir. All the other Keepers are given big, important things they're responsible for or something to make them stand out, but he goes unnoticed. I think he's only mentioned like three times in the whole book.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:07 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
Man, poor Hodir. All the other Keepers are given big, important things they're responsible for or something to make them stand out, but he goes unnoticed. I think he's only mentioned like three times in the whole book.
Even Helya and Ironaya, who aren't even (first gen) Keepers, are mentioned more times.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzbah View Post
Where and How the Aesir and Vanir were made? The Forge of Wills didn't exist by that time, and the world was completely dominated by the Black Empire. Maybe some titan forge on the moon? Guarded by an almost forget titan-keeper ?!
As per Chronicle, the aesir and the vanir were created by the Pantheon under the guidance of Khaz'goroth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
I think the terms Vanir and Aesir apply to all Titanic creations. The original Vrykul were described as iron-skinned so they would probably be an Aesir race too.
That's not what Chronicle says. The aesir and vanir were specifically created by the Pantheon, and had special domains over the storms and the earth, specifically. And we know they looked like the "titanic watchers" we have met over the years.

Chronicle specifically says the other titan-forged were made with living stone and metal, yet they were new races made by the Forge of Wills and not by the Pantheon itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
As for the Uldum Keepers, I do have some speculation on that due to Ra's heavy association with the place and his research into the Old Gods and other Void creatures. As it stands, it's impossible to ignore that Uldum has a lot of scarab motifs, giant obelisks, and generally stands out from other Titan facilities as bearing a much closer resemblance to the works of the Black Empire.

This isn't even a Chicken and the egg scenario or anything. We've got pictures of the Black Empire and it resembles the later Aqir empires. As much as the Aqir may have stolen from the Titans at a later date, Uldum was clearly made in imitation of their original Empire. Depending on whether the chin growth and carapace of the Nerubian Spider Lords is primarily natural, the Uldum Watcher design may have even been partially inspired by them.

But I digress. My chief point here is that Uldum was likely influence by Ra's research into the Old Gods and Void creatures, and he was probably the one who created the keepers there considering one of them was designed to wield the powers of Chaos, Destruction, and Void which would usually be antithetical to the Titans.

In that context, Setesh strikes me as an experiment to harness the power of their foes and see if the Void could be managed and controlled, and he does seem to be using two Void creatures to keep a "Void Lord" under restraint when you get to him.
I think that the presence of Setesh was needed to harness the destructive energies of the Void in order to "purify" Azeroth's surface in case of corruption. However, the use of purifying devices precedes Azeroth's Forge of Origination, as per pg. 31. So I don't think Void-use by the Titans was due to Ra dealings with Y'shaarj's heart.

In the case of architecture, I like your stance. The similarities are obvious. However, it is also peculiar that Ra also built the Chinese-like structures found in Pandaria.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 03-19-2016, 08:35 AM

The sneaky Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
I feel more bad for Golganneth, dude gets shit all to do for all eternity and then dies.

Though it makes me wonder if Thorim had also worked out what happened to the Titans and when he says "Golganneth, lend me your strength" etc. he's actually appealing to that tiny spark of Golganneth left inside him.

Tags
chronicle, titans, warcraft