Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-09-2009, 04:16 AM

Sentinel Queen

Default Uldum : Halls of Origination

So, in your opinion, what is supposed to be there and what was the use of this complex?

During blizzcon it was said that a weapon of the titans was located inside, so, what could it be?

I've an opinion based on the quest for the plate of Uldum, it was said that those plates would be available when the titans will come back for a "re-visitation" of azeroth.

Quest for the plates, speech of the Stone keeper :

Stone Watcher of Norgannon says
: Salutations! I am a guardian of entry. Please use the proper disks for access to Uldum.

Upon accepting the quest...

Salutations. I am a guardian of entry. Unless you have the Plates of Uldum already integrated with your disk set, I will not allow for entry into the Uldum compound.

What function do you serve?

My purpose is to regulate access to the Uldum complex for the Creators. I allow entry into the compound only when the solicitor exhibits for access the proper sequencing discs.

Your disc set currently does not contain the Plates of Uldum, the primary prerequisite for entry. Access is not granted unless the Plates of Uldum are present.

What are the Plates of Uldum?

The Plates of Uldum are discs synthesized by the Creators that allow access into the Uldum compound. These discs house and store specific data related to the Creators' activities here.

Physically, they are nearly identical in circumference to the disc set you currently possess. Their markings, however, are directly related to information on Uldum as opposed to the Uldaman complex.

Where are the Plates of Uldum?

Several sets of the Plates of Uldum have been synthesized by the Creators for their expressed use. The Creators control the distribution of said discs for all complexes on this world. As such, Azeroth has been rescheduled for visitation, and therefore future discs may enter circulation at that time.

Existing discs have been fully distributed to those parties with appropriate security clearance.

Excuse me? We've been "rescheduled for visitation"? What does that mean?!

The Creators use visitation as a means to reestablish control over seeded worlds when forces, both external and internal, upset the matrix dynamics associated with it. Such tactics are not to be taken lightly when executed by the Creators.

For additional information on this world's scheduled visitation, please consult the appropriate data repository that fields all Creator-relatee scheduling considerations.

So... what's inside Uldum?

Uldum is a research facility for the Creators in their continuing efforts to enhance the biosphere of Azeroth. Specific information regarding their work as it relates to Uldum is restricted to those individuals who possess the Plates of Uldum in their disc sets.

Data repositories inside the Uldum complex have been programmed to address specific experiments and data compliations: please refer to them for detailed information.

The revisitation was explained to be a (possible) re-ordering of Azeroth when the matrix of the world was disturbed by exterior or internal elements

So we have :

-Uldum opened only when the titans will come back ( opened not because of that, but because of the cataclysm)
-Uldum apparently used for the ordering of Azeroth
-A Powerful weapon of the titans inside

Imo : the " weapon" is probably a weapon that move or shape landmass or related to the Ordering of Azeroth.

On the pictures of Uldum Metzen said that the green tube we saw were related to this weapons, so it's something big apprently. Moreover, since we saw in Ulduar and in Storm peaks that lots of metallic and mechanical construction were inside the mountains and such , my guess is that the titans used apparently mechanical means to shape mountains and such from the inside and beneath the earth, which could again be related to this weapon.

Your thought?

Pics :

Last edited by engal; 09-09-2009 at 04:24 AM..
Old 09-09-2009, 04:27 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

The word green made me think something, just a "random speculation time" thing, but whatever:

What if what's inside Halls of Origination is...

The Emerald Dream?

You know, something holding out that dimension. Origination=things as they formerly were=Emerald Dream.

Yeah, it's too random.

It will probably be just another ultra-weapon of mass destruction and whatever.

What I want is more lore on Ahn'Qiraj, which is just right to Uldum.

ALSO: the sand troll loa prophets could make an appearance:
Kimbul, God of Tigers, Lord of beasts, King of Cats, the Prey's Doom.
Mueh'zala, God of Death, Father of Sleep, Son of Time, the Night's Friend.

PS: I saw them before but didn't remember to ask: what are those 24 worldchunks?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 09-09-2009 at 04:30 AM..
Old 09-09-2009, 04:27 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
I've an opinion based on the quest for the plate of Uldum, it was said that those plates would be available when the titans will come back for a "re-visitation" of azeroth.
With WotLK, we find out that the titans already "re-visited" Azeroth.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:33 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
With WotLK, we find out that the titans already "re-visited" Azeroth.
Hum, what make you said that? Algalon was only sending a signal for the titans to come, that doesn't mean it was their " scheduled re-visitation ", it was more like a change of plan and an early one, but since the signal was not sent for them to come, there was no re-visitation , no ?
Old 09-09-2009, 04:35 AM

Elune

Quote:
Hum, what make you said that? Algalon was only sending a signal for the titans to come, that doesn't mean it was their " scheduled re-visitation ", it was more like a change of plan and an early one, but since the signal was not sent for them to come, there was no re-visitation , no ?
Remember we find out that the titans had to come back because the Old Gods starting messing around with their creations. The Curse of Flesh and everything.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:37 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Remember we find out that the titans had to come back because the Old Gods starting messing around with their creations. The Curse of Flesh and everything.
There is another one scheduled if we are to believe the Stone keeper of Norgannon ^^

Where are the Plates of Uldum?

Several sets of the Plates of Uldum have been synthesized by the Creators for their expressed use. The Creators control the distribution of said discs for all complexes on this world. As such, Azeroth has been rescheduled for visitation, and therefore future discs may enter circulation at that time.

Existing discs have been fully distributed to those parties with appropriate security clearance.

Excuse me? We've been "rescheduled for visitation"? What does that mean?!

The Creators use visitation as a means to reestablish control over seeded worlds when forces, both external and internal, upset the matrix dynamics associated with it. Such tactics are not to be taken lightly when executed by the Creators.

For additional information on this world's scheduled visitation, please consult the appropriate data repository that fields all Creator-relatee scheduling considerations.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
There is another one scheduled if we are to believe the Stone keeper of Norgannon ^^
Or the Stone Keeper of Norgannon is not aware that the titans already came back? It might be a recon, as that quest I think is from vanilla WoW and WotLK is 2 expansions later. WotLK also changed the whole premise that the titans defeated both the elemental lords and the Old Gods. It is now said that they might have not known about any Old Gods until later which caused them to have to come back a second time to Azeroth.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 AM

Sentinel Queen

It's pointless to assume that this is a retcon, this quest is far more recent story-wise than the second visit of the titans to Azeroth, so it's safe to assume that the titans may come back for a re-visitation, nothing is pointing toward a retcon unless it's proved otherwise.

Furthermore, Blizzard may include a titan based expansion with their return and might have thought about it since vanilla wow, so it's a reason why I think it will happen ( particularly when forces, both external and internal, upset the matrix dynamics associated with Azeroth, it's happening right now )

Blizzard indeed retconned things regarding the past of Azeroth, but since this quest was there before WOTLK, they obviously had some sort of plan regarding the titans in the future.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
The word green made me think something,
I concur. The word green makes me think about magical herbs. This is only a speculation, but here goes;

When the Titans forged Azeroth, they smoked alot of salvia, and green herbs.

The End.

So their weapon is a giant spliff.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:39 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
I concur. The word green makes me think about magical herbs. This is only a speculation, but here goes;

When the Titans forged Azeroth, they smoked alot of salvia, and green herbs.

The End.

So their weapon is a giant spliff.
Rofl xD

Well, perhaps the weapon is something fueling the emerald dream. I can't wait to explore this zone :p Gimme cataclysm now !
Old 09-09-2009, 09:31 AM

Eternal

Orientation -> Annhiliation in Titan slang ;P

I think that the weapon within Uldum is a super weapon which can be used to reorder Azeroth. However, it can only be activated when the Titans return.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:07 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Or the Stone Keeper of Norgannon is not aware that the titans already came back? It might be a recon, as that quest I think is from vanilla WoW and WotLK is 2 expansions later. WotLK also changed the whole premise that the titans defeated both the elemental lords and the Old Gods. It is now said that they might have not known about any Old Gods until later which caused them to have to come back a second time to Azeroth.
The only thing changed in this instance was that the Titans, the first time, never landed on Azeroth. The Titan's seem to actually have an automated process for Ordering, in which they would drop the various useful machines that would convert the natural earth and metal into the various constructs. These constructs would then cultivate the world until it was ordered, the Titans not even having to get hands dirty.

When the constructs started coming under attack by the Elementals and slowly converted by the Old Gods, was when the code went out for a swift return. The Titans turned around, landed, found the place still a premordial wasteland, and went out to get stuff done themselves. This is when the events explained in the WarCraft 3 manual actually take place, with the war versus the Old Gods and the Elemental Lords.

Azeroth is set for revisitation, as the Titans still have a ton of monitoring systems in place to see how a planet is doing over the years. There is even a quest in which a prospector contacts one of the Titans, named "Aman" using an uncovered communication device that is able to easily span whatever distance they are apart from eachother. The issue is that the Titan's don't really pay a lot of attention to it. They just get back little flags saying "yes" or "no" and worry about the computers or constructs handling the larger calculations. Imagine it like a car... When the oil light comes on you just kind of shrug and say "Oil is low, I better sceduale a day to take it for a oil change." When the check engine light comes on (Lokan's death) you think "Oh, something worst might be happening under the hood, I better call in a mechanic to check this out a bit sooner then I scedualed that oil change." When the mechanic (Algalon) looks at the engine under the hood and notices any minute it's going to melt/explode/unleash creature of pure cosmic chaos, he is going to call you up and say "Holy shit dude, your car is fucked", which in the case of the Titan's, meaning it's going right to the scrap yard to start over.

Since we got the mechanic to say the engine is fine for now, we have so far avoided the scrap yard, but we still got to worry about that oil change when someone more important comes to look at it.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:32 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
The only thing changed in this instance was that the Titans, the first time, never landed on Azeroth. The Titan's seem to actually have an automated process for Ordering, in which they would drop the various useful machines that would convert the natural earth and metal into the various constructs. These constructs would then cultivate the world until it was ordered, the Titans not even having to get hands dirty.

When the constructs started coming under attack by the Elementals and slowly converted by the Old Gods, was when the code went out for a swift return. The Titans turned around, landed, found the place still a premordial wasteland, and went out to get stuff done themselves. This is when the events explained in the WarCraft 3 manual actually take place, with the war versus the Old Gods and the Elemental Lords.

Azeroth is set for revisitation, as the Titans still have a ton of monitoring systems in place to see how a planet is doing over the years. There is even a quest in which a prospector contacts one of the Titans, named "Aman" using an uncovered communication device that is able to easily span whatever distance they are apart from eachother. The issue is that the Titan's don't really pay a lot of attention to it. They just get back little flags saying "yes" or "no" and worry about the computers or constructs handling the larger calculations. Imagine it like a car... When the oil light comes on you just kind of shrug and say "Oil is low, I better sceduale a day to take it for a oil change." When the check engine light comes on (Lokan's death) you think "Oh, something worst might be happening under the hood, I better call in a mechanic to check this out a bit sooner then I scedualed that oil change." When the mechanic (Algalon) looks at the engine under the hood and notices any minute it's going to melt/explode/unleash creature of pure cosmic chaos, he is going to call you up and say "Holy shit dude, your car is fucked", which in the case of the Titan's, meaning it's going right to the scrap yard to start over.

Since we got the mechanic to say the engine is fine for now, we have so far avoided the scrap yard, but we still got to worry about that oil change when someone more important comes to look at it.
So the Titans were going to come back anyway and check on things, but Loken's death caused them Algolon to see if they needed to come back sooner. Alpha reply code or not, they still might come back again.

I doubt that the Stone Watcher of Norgannon was talking about the Titans coming to Azeroth twice in the war with the Old Gods.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:16 PM

Mountain Giant

"Your actions are illogical. All possible results for this encounter have been calculated. The Pantheon will receive the Observer's message, regardless of outcome.

Analysis complete: there is partial corruption in the planet's life support systems, as well as complete corruption in most of the planet's defense mechanisms.

Begin uplink. Reply Code: Omega. Planetary reorigination requested."

"It is in the universes' best interest to reoriginate this planet should my analysis find systemic corruption. Do not interfere."

"'I've seen worlds bathed in the Maker's flames, their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised in the time it takes your mortal hearts to beat once."

Those are quotes from Algalon that I think are the best hints as to what might be inside the Halls of Origination. The signal could have summoned the Titans, but what if the tools they needed to reorginate the planet were already here? That'd be a pretty devestating weapon that you wouldn't want to see fall in to your enemies hands.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:14 PM

Elune

Quote:

You are trying to say that the titans never landed on Azeroth the first time? This is the first time I have ever heard of that theory. Who made all the titan buildings? What created the different templates in the Emerald Dream that they talk about in War of the Ancients? Who taught the dragons the titan language? Why did they only fix the earthen in Northrend to be immune to the Curse of Flesh? Why does Archavon say the titans left and then around 3000 years later he feels the affects of the Curse of Flesh if they never landed in the first place? Now the titans fought the elemental lords during the Curse of Flesh instead of when they first got to Azeroth?

Quote:
It's pointless to assume that this is a retcon, this quest is far more recent story-wise than the second visit of the titans to Azeroth, so it's safe to assume that the titans may come back for a re-visitation, nothing is pointing toward a retcon unless it's proved otherwise.

Furthermore, Blizzard may include a titan based expansion with their return and might have thought about it since vanilla wow, so it's a reason why I think it will happen ( particularly when forces, both external and internal, upset the matrix dynamics associated with Azeroth, it's happening right now )

Blizzard indeed retconned things regarding the past of Azeroth, but since this quest was there before WOTLK, they obviously had some sort of plan regarding the titans in the future.
How do you know the quest is more recent story-wise when it was implemented in vanilla WoW? The quest in WotLK would be more recent story-wise because the expansion just came out recently. In it Brann finds out that the titans revisited Azeroth already when they had to fight the Old Gods who they apparently did not find fight when they defeated the elemental lords. It is like the Sargeras story. That was retconned so that the eredar were not a demon race that Sargeras imprisoned before going crazy. Instead, Sargeras went crazy and then found the eredar and corrupted them.

Last edited by Rolandius; 09-09-2009 at 10:59 PM..
Old 09-09-2009, 10:32 PM

Warden

Well, just becuase it's a revisitation doesn't mean this HAS to have been the second time they been to Azeroth... It could be the tenth time, for all we know. But, one thing is clear; They are planning on coming back sometime.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicilianNecktie View Post
Well, just becuase it's a revisitation doesn't mean this HAS to have been the second time they been to Azeroth... It could be the tenth time, for all we know. But, one thing is clear; They are planning on coming back sometime.
Yes, it is clear they were planning to come back sometime. And then they did. You are assuming that the info was inputed into him recently when it was probably inputed into him when the titans left Azeroth the first time and left all these guards and guardians.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:06 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Yes, it is clear they were planning to come back sometime. And then they did. You are assuming that the info was inputed into him recently when it was probably inputed into him when the titans left Azeroth the first time and left all these guards and guardians.
Why would the Titans be so sloppy as to not remember updating all of their systems installed in Azeroth whenever they make a visit? That would partially ruin the purpose of a revisitation.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by devius View Post
Why would the Titans be so sloppy as to not remember updating all of their systems installed in Azeroth whenever they make a visit? That would partially ruin the purpose of a revisitation.
I am not sure. It probably is tied into whatever reason they did not make the other earthen immune to the Curse of Flesh.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
I am not sure. It probably is tied into whatever reason they did not make the other earthen immune to the Curse of Flesh.
Apparently the cursed earthen could not be made immune because they were already made before the forge was updated to the current versioon of the earthen forge

and they probably did and they would visit a 3 time
Old 09-10-2009, 04:56 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Apparently the cursed earthen could not be made immune because they were already made before the forge was updated to the current versioon of the earthen forge

and they probably did and they would visit a 3 time
Well, what happened to the earthen over at Northrend who were cursed then?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:36 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
You are trying to say that the titans never landed on Azeroth the first time?
Yes.

Quote:
Who made all the titan buildings?
The Titans, the SECOND time they came. The first time the only buildings the Titan's had formed were the Earthen construction facilities, and it is implied those where "dropped" onto the planet while the Titan's moved on, that is what the Titan's meant by "Seeding" the planet.

Quote:
What created the different templates in the Emerald Dream that they talk about in War of the Ancients? Who taught the dragons the titan language?
The Titans, the SECOND time they came. When such systems were more important. It is implied already that Azeroth is actually more "special" then other Titan crafted worlds, and that is due to the "personal touch" they gave the planet after having to land on it to stop the Old Gods. Do you really think every world is given a Well of Eternity?

Quote:
Why did they only fix the earthen in Northrend to be immune to the Curse of Flesh?
The Earthen that were "pre-seeded" were already starting to convert from the Curse of Flesh. All Earthen built AFTER the origin seeding, aka, the Earthen of Ulduar, never were affected by the Curse, as they were constructed FOLLOWING the Old Gods defeat. Ulduar was built to be a prison for one of them, obviously.

Quote:
Why does Archavon say the titans left and then around 3000 years later he feels the affects of the Curse of Flesh if they never landed in the first place?
We have no idea of the true purpose of Wintergrasp Fortress, we don't even know it any of those giants inside the place were created by the Titans (One is a Storm Giant for instance, a creation of Lokan.) Maybe it was a vault where they kept Archavon because he was a pre-seeded earth giant resistant to the Curse, and they used him for study before leaving him there. He breaks out, does whatever he does, but now thousands of years after his creators leave him behind, he finally starts getting hit by the Curse of Flesh and Lokan or Yogg send the other giants to convince him to join them.

Really, Wintergrasp Fortress and the Vault of Archavon is just a loot piniata. The only lore to it is a random book that makes Archavon sound like a retard.

Quote:
Now the titans fought the elemental lords during the Curse of Flesh instead of when they first got to Azeroth?
They fought after the Curse of Flesh was already on full swing from the "Seed" races

Quote:
How do you know the quest is more recent story-wise when it was implemented in vanilla WoW? The quest in WotLK would be more recent story-wise because the expansion just came out recently. In it Brann finds out that the titans revisited Azeroth already when they had to fight the Old Gods who they apparently did not find fight when they defeated the elemental lords. It is like the Sargeras story. That was retconned so that the eredar were not a demon race that Sargeras imprisoned before going crazy. Instead, Sargeras went crazy and then found the eredar and corrupted them.
You are mixing up the new events.

The Titans came and seeded Azeroth, placing down the Earthen construction matrix and then leaving without ever really stopping. The universe is a big place to give each world your full attention. The "Elemental Lords" didn't do anything because they were not really empowered yet.

As the seed races were doing what they do, that was when the Old Gods came to Azeroth, not before, not hiding in the earth. They came to the planet in the wake of the Titan's, bound the Elemental Lords, and THEN started the Curse of Flesh on the Titans early "seed" races.

The Titans got the signal to return, as something had gone wrong. They land to find the planet not close to finished, with raging Elementals and Old Gods traveling it's surface, tied into fortresses probably built by the Earthen that have already converted.

Thus, the war had begun.

Last edited by ScytheRexx; 09-10-2009 at 06:43 AM..
Old 09-10-2009, 07:09 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Yes.

The Titans came and seeded Azeroth, placing down the Earthen construction matrix and then leaving without ever really stopping. The universe is a big place to give each world your full attention. The "Elemental Lords" didn't do anything because they were not really empowered yet.

As the seed races were doing what they do, that was when the Old Gods came to Azeroth, not before, not hiding in the earth. They came to the planet in the wake of the Titan's, bound the Elemental Lords, and THEN started the Curse of Flesh on the Titans early "seed" races.

The Titans got the signal to return, as something had gone wrong. They land to find the planet not close to finished, with raging Elementals and Old Gods traveling it's surface, tied into fortresses probably built by the Earthen that have already converted.

Thus, the war had begun.
...where are you getting this out of curiosity? I've never heard any reference that the Old Gods aren't indigenous to Azeroth and are some sort of traveling space parasite....
Old 09-10-2009, 07:15 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zun View Post
...where are you getting this out of curiosity? I've never heard any reference that the Old Gods aren't indigenous to Azeroth and are some sort of traveling space parasite....
From one of the Titans' lorekeepers at the end of the Halls of Lightning, when Brann Bronzebeard accesses it.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:29 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zun View Post
Abedneum: Accessing. In the early stages of its development cycle Azeroth suffered infection by parasitic, necrophotic symbiotes.
Brann: Necro-what? Speak bloody common will ya?
Abedneum: Designation: Old Gods. Old Gods rendered all systems, including Earthen defenseless in order to facilitate assimilation. This matrix destabilization has been termed the Curse of Flesh. Effects of destabilization increased over time.
Brann: Old Gods eh? So they zapped the Earthen with this Curse of Flesh. And then what?
Kaddrak: Accessing. Creators arrived to extirpate symbiotic infection. Assessment revealed that Old God infestation had grown malignant. Excising parasites would result in loss of host.

The "Development Cycle" is talking about the original "Ordering" in which the Earthen and other builder constructs were seeded on the planet. The Old Gods "infected" Azeroth sometime during the Early stages of this process, thus the Creators "arrived to extirpate" them, aka exterminate them.

Last edited by ScytheRexx; 09-10-2009 at 07:31 AM..