Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Which of these allied race combos would you prefer?
Vrykul (A)/MU Clans (H) 11 28.21%
Kul Tirans (A)/MU Clans (H) 16 41.03%
Kul Tirans (A)/AU Clans (H) 9 23.08%
Vrykul (A)/AU Clans (H) 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2017, 07:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
A faction of the forsaken that presumably opposes Sylvanas' desire to propagate the Forsaken, introduced in the excerpt we got from the next book.
Where the fuck do you find that exercpt, and that sounds fucking amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Where the fuck do you find that exercpt, and that sounds fucking amazing.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=275306/...mpler-spoilers
Old 11-09-2017, 08:07 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

I find it interesting they are setting up Forsaken characters other than Sylvanas. If they don't all die by the end of the book... Sylvanas might not be as necessary as she looks!
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-09-2017, 08:47 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Yeah I hope the Desolation Council gets to stay.

They make sense and opposition is good.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:00 AM

Elune

Quote:
I find it interesting they are setting up Forsaken characters other than Sylvanas. If they don't all die by the end of the book... Sylvanas might not be as necessary as she looks!
I really doubt they’ll ever get rid of Sylvanas. It’s nice that she gets challenged once in a while though.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I really doubt they’ll ever get rid of Sylvanas. It’s nice that she gets challenged once in a while though.
Nobody would've ever thought Varian 'I am the Alliance Lore' Wrynn would've died, either...
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-09-2017, 10:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
Nobody would've ever thought Varian 'I am the Alliance Lore' Wrynn would've died, either...
The fact that he had a son, who received a lot of development, combined with his own fear of dying and leaving said son unprepared, were clues.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-09-2017, 12:43 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
The fact that he had a son, who received a lot of development, combined with his own fear of dying and leaving said son unprepared, were clues.
*cough* Nathanos *cough*

Back on topic, with the way they’re implementing allied races and a total of four “unique” elf races soon to be playable, I daresay the likelihood of playable furbolg is at an all time high.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
*cough* Nathanos *cough*

Back on topic, with the way they’re implementing allied races and a total of four “unique” elf races soon to be playable, I daresay the likelihood of playable furbolg is at an all time high.
I agree.

This allied race is a nice way to include less flashy races like furbolgs and ogres.

What skeleton would be used for furbolgs, thought? Pandaren does not fit. Heavily modified fat worgens?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-10-2017, 01:25 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I agree.

This allied race is a nice way to include less flashy races like furbolgs and ogres.

What skeleton would be used for furbolgs, thought? Pandaren does not fit. Heavily modified fat worgens?
I'd personally be fine if they used the pandaren model for the furbolg the same way they used the draenei model for the Argus broken. Just gotta tinker with the animations, the head shape, and maybe the way they stand to make it a little truer to the current model.

I'd also take a modified challenge mode bear form, if something was done to make the arms less gorilla-like.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:02 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
I'll go ahead and assume that by "furbolgs" you actually mean "elves wearing furry suits" or some shit. And if I'm right, it's not too far fetched an idea really, Blizzard do like them their elf flavours.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I'd personally be fine if they used the pandaren model for the furbolg the same way they used the draenei model for the Argus broken. Just gotta tinker with the animations, the head shape, and maybe the way they stand to make it a little truer to the current model.

I'd also take a modified challenge mode bear form, if something was done to make the arms less gorilla-like.
The problem with the pandaren model is in animations, not shape.

Shape can be changed easily, but the pandaren animations are too civilized, calma, precise. I can't imagine a furbolg sitting like a pandaren, giving a /yes as a pandaren or even jumping as a pandaren.

I chose worgen because at least the animations fit a savage race better.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Demon Hunter
BattleTag: Pvarron#1601

I wonder if the void elves will get their void powers from draining a void naaru. It would be a nice parallel to the original blood elves who got the Light from draining a naaru and it would also showcase their own hypocrisy. They'd be exiling the void elves for doing the exact thing they did a few years ago.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:03 AM

Elune

Do you think we’ll get one allied race per classic-BC races, or just whatever’s in high demand? The only thing I can see the undead get as an allied race are the San’layn or undead like Nathanos.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2017, 02:52 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

A thought - What of those Nar'thalas Farondis Elves? A harkon back to the April Fools Wisp race for the Alliance, but I do kinda find it cool to play as a sect of begotten undead Highborne Elves that are part of Farondis' court. Would be a good counter to the Suramar Nightborne on the Broken Isles. I know, this idea shouldn't be taken too seriously, but I found it fun to play around with in my mind.

Also during the early days of the Legion expack in the Fall of 2016, I know of a few people who took to RPing the cursed spirits of Azsuna, and it was rather fun.

Last edited by Melorandor; 11-17-2017 at 02:55 AM..
Old 11-17-2017, 04:35 AM

Eternal

Guess i better go get exalted with highmountain and the nightfallen on my horde paladin. Grumble.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:55 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Quote:
Do you think we’ll get one allied race per classic-BC races, or just whatever’s in high demand? The only thing I can see the undead get as an allied race are the San’layn or undead like Nathanos.
Whatever's in high demand I would guess. They are allied races, not subraces, so they don't have to do the one-to-one thing.

And that actually solved the biggest problem I had with sub-races. I'd rather have Wildhammer Dwarves in addition to Dark-Irons rather than trying to shoehorn in a Worgen or Gnome option. Althought now that I think of it, Night-elf Worgen would be kinda cool.

Last edited by Jon Targaryen; 11-17-2017 at 05:58 AM..
Old 11-17-2017, 06:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Guess i better go get exalted with highmountain and the nightfallen on my horde paladin. Grumble.
Are the rep grinds faction specific?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2017, 07:50 AM

Eternal

Guys, you're still talking about subraces of a main race. This isn't the case anymore. Allied races don't need to be linked to a main race. There doesn't need to be a worgen allied race - it doesn't make sense. There can be allied races related to no main race.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:09 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Guys, you're still talking about subraces of a main race. This isn't the case anymore. Allied races don't need to be linked to a main race. There doesn't need to be a worgen allied race - it doesn't make sense. There can be allied races related to no main race.
I didn’t include worgen or goblins. I doubt they’re going to introduce naga, ethereals, or ogres as allied races.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2017, 08:59 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
While I don't disagree with the overall message, it's likely that most allied races will be variants of already existing races given that that's easier to implement.

And worgen... They're the only multi-species "race!" Of course it makes sense!
Old 11-17-2017, 09:15 AM

Arch-Druid

Yeah if we got something that wasn't a variant then that wouldn't be an allied race, it'd just be a new race.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Yeah if we got something that wasn't a variant then that wouldn't be an allied race, it'd just be a new race.
As long as they use the model and/or animations of a main race, they're open, such as jinyu (nelf skeleton), tuskarr or furbolg with pandaren or worgen skeletons, etc.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
As long as they use the model and/or animations of a main race, they're open, such as jinyu (nelf skeleton), tuskarr or furbolg with pandaren or worgen skeletons, etc.
Well they gave the Zandalari a unique rig. Don’t know if that means skeleton, but they did say it took longer than the other races.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-20-2017, 11:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Do you think my newfound dream of playing an earthen shaman has any chance of coming true?

And a mechagnome hunter!

Tags
brace yourselves, drunk thread, eredar attaque, lordaeron is coming, races, warcraft, world of warcraft