Sentinel Queen

Default HoMM V expansion

So it's announced... there will be a dwarven town added. Some more details:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/foru...?p=78563#78563

sounds interesting... we shall see
Old 08-29-2006, 11:57 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

I saw that. Runic magic (uses resources instead of mana) sounds cool, but Dwarves better get the resources needed for it via a building in their town (Resource Silo). Otherwise on some maps you could be screwed.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:40 PM

Keeper of Lore

Now there is an idiot in the topic saying WarCraft lore sucks -_-
Old 08-29-2006, 12:43 PM

Sentinel Queen

read his name

I'm just saying some of the retcons made it worse

as to the other thing you've said, I believe that will happen, it would be stupid if it hadn't as the dwarves' effectiveness would depend on the map...

oh, you're not talking about me are you? I haven't checked that thread since my last post

Last edited by Tysar; 08-29-2006 at 12:48 PM..
Old 08-29-2006, 01:03 PM

Keeper of Lore

WarCraft retcons are pretty minor though. The only exception is the Sargeras thing because they fucked up.

But ya, that other guy is an idiot.

Quote:
remember : medivh was killed by a bunch of people...
my opinion is valuable
What does that even mean?
Old 08-29-2006, 01:19 PM

Sentinel Queen

Yeah, the retcons in warcraft weren't anything terrible (at least not on purpose) but if they removed the worship of the Fire Dragon from the dwarves in HoMM 5 it would be a pretty big retcon and would be nonsencial anyway. Dragons are cool anyway .

As for the guy's post... enigma mk2
Old 08-29-2006, 02:38 PM

Keeper of Lore

Now there's another one, and he's a moron too (WC comments aside, he's worse than the last guy)
Old 08-29-2006, 05:41 PM

Eternal

old heroes story was too chaotic?

What the hell does that mean?

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 08-29-2006, 06:12 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
old heroes story was too chaotic?

What the hell does that mean?
I don't know, but he then says he was talking about HoMM 1-4 -_- Does *this* sound like he is talking about HoMM1-4?
Quote:
That means that warcraft story sucks, old heroes story was too chaotic and new one shouldn`t have contradictions.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:18 AM

Keeper of Lore

There are pictures in that topic now. The Fire Dragons look like ass (they don't even have wings!)
Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 AM

Ranger

Agreed. The texture is distorted like hell too. Fire dragons don't actually have to be made out of fire, lol.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:25 AM

Keeper of Lore

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=t...774#5471040774
http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/

Quote:
The add-on includes the following key features:
  • New faction: Introducing the brand-new Dwarves faction, made up of heroic warriors and rune magic adepts who stalk Ashan’s deepest mountains and most hostile regions.
  • A brand-new adventure: Featuring 15 new missions, new heroes, and improved cut-scenes, the new campaign will lead players even deeper into
  • the dramatic events that began with Heroes of Might and Magic® V.
  • Extended game experience: Includes a wealth of new spells and abilities, 5 new single-player maps, 10 new multiplayer maps, new buildings, new artifacts, and new neutral creatures, Heroes of Might and Magic® V: Hammers of Fate gives players the tools to develop new tactics, and further their game experience both online and offline.
  • Improved mechanics and gameplay: Thanks to new features such as Caravans and a random map generator, players will enjoy unlimited replayability and an even smoother gameplay experience. In addition, the simultaneous turn feature will speed up online games.

Aww, the Hero rides a Mammoth. How cute

Last edited by Warlock; 08-30-2006 at 09:45 AM..
Old 08-30-2006, 01:33 PM

Sentinel Queen

fuck, the big guy with the hammer and red kilt looks frigen cool... and yeah, the dragon is kinda shit (especially the upgrade...). rest of the units look pretty sweet (the bear rider looks thin but whateva). Can't wait . And I wonder what's the feature JJ is talking about.

Oh, and the Mammoth... It looks too much like Manny from Ice Age (). They made the same mistakes as with the Elekk model imho: the head should be smaller and placed lower with a large hump right behind... see the Elekk concept yourself and you'll see what I mean.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:42 PM

Keeper of Lore

Old 09-01-2006, 10:59 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock
I think HOMM 5 was a fun game, gave me a good challenge.

All I have to say was the storyline sucked. It had a good background, lots of lore to build on thanks to the huge history they wrote before it came out, but overall they just ran around throwing heroes around, killing them off just as fast, and ended the game with "oh look she is evil now" in a cutscene that lasted 10 seconds.

I know they had to build it up for Dark Messiah, but really, did they have to make it so annoying? Markal is all crazy evil, and you see him one more time when he dies at the hands of the three losers.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:13 AM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx

All I have to say was the storyline sucked. It had a good background, lots of lore to build on thanks to the huge history they wrote before it came out, but overall they just ran around throwing heroes around, killing them off just as fast, and ended the game with "oh look she is evil now" in a cutscene that lasted 10 seconds.

I know they had to build it up for Dark Messiah, but really, did they have to make it so annoying? Markal is all crazy evil, and you see him one more time when he dies at the hands of the three losers.
Sometimes I get the feeling it was partially due to translation. Don't get me wrong, the story was predictable and lame (seriously, who the hell would trust a Necromancer?), but keep in mind I think this was written in Russian (well the game was, maybe Ubi themselves wrote the story tho - but still, that's France). So our English translation probably sucked and it came off lamer than it actually was.

Actually I did like Zehir tho - he was cool. He had a lot of lame one-liners but at least he was charming and funny.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:21 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx

I totally agree with you here - nice background and lore, but terribly stupid storyline fo the game itself... I wonder what's gonna be the storyline of the expansion tho.

btw. some updates from JJ - http://www.celestialheavens.com/foru...pic.php?t=3649
http://www.celestialheavens.com/foru...pic.php?t=3647

those renegades aren't the men of the Free Cities, some crazy bitches as it seems. And the Vindicator has a new model!