Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 10:41 PM

Loremaster

I could imagine that the palace and shrines might have originally been titanic observation platforms like those in Un'goro and Sholazar, and that after claiming the Vale the mogu would have engaged in some redecoration along with their traditional habit of putting statues of themselves all over the place.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Huh?

Un'goro and Sholazar were made by the titans to test their stuff, how would the goblin saying the Vale was like Sholazar leave any doubt it's titan?
But the Mogu could have moved into the vale at any point after the titans left. There's nothing to say the Palace was made by the titans. Even if at one point there was a Titan facility there, it's been shown that the Mogu will build their own structures on top of/around them (see Mogu'shan vaults being built around the Titan engine in the mountain). There's simply not much Titan influence that I can see in Mogu architecture beyond size and grandeur.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
But the Mogu could have moved into the vale at any point after the titans left. There's nothing to say the Palace was made by the titans. Even if at one point there was a Titan facility there, it's been shown that the Mogu will build their own structures on top of/around them (see Mogu'shan vaults being built around the Titan engine in the mountain). There's simply not much Titan influence that I can see in Mogu architecture beyond size and grandeur.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Maybe that's just how the Titans made that complex? Kinda like how Ulduar and Uldum both were based on 2 different real world cultures.

Last edited by Leviathon; 12-23-2012 at 10:47 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 10:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Huh?

Un'goro and Sholazar were made by the titans to test their stuff, how would the goblin saying the Vale was like Sholazar leave any doubt it's titan?
No one doubts the VALE was made by the Titans. The pools are a proof of that.

What is doubtful is that the Titans made the Palaces themselves. We don't have any proof of that, until someone confirms they were there before the Mogu.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 12-23-2012, 10:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Maybe that's just how the Titans made that complex?

God I hate that video. I fucking hate it so much. That god damned fucking liar. I will fucking gank his ass. RAAAGGGEEEE!

(That's me kidding, by the way)
Old 12-23-2012, 10:49 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: mjbmitch#1158

I can't seem to find any of the Zandalari models that you all are finding. Oh, but I found this on a website. Apparently they're newer troll models.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Star Wars? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll be around... forever. They will never go away. They can never be undone.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:49 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Yeah I'm not sitting through all of that. Anything important in there?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:50 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbmitch View Post
I can't seem to find any of the Zandalari models that you all are finding. Oh, but I found this on a website. Apparently they're newer troll models.
-snip-
That picture orginated in this very thread by Handclaw >_>;
Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
I could imagine that the palace and shrines might have originally been titanic observation platforms like those in Un'goro and Sholazar, and that after claiming the Vale the mogu would have engaged in some redecoration along with their traditional habit of putting statues of themselves all over the place.
That's a possibility, We have already seen that doing in Ahn'Qiraj, but the resulting change was quite extreme...

Anyway, I wouldn't have a problem with the palaces being Titan-made. I would prefer if it was all Mogu-made.

PS: I hope we got an answer about those Seven Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
That picture orginated in this very thread by Handclaw >_>;
-.- That site owner might have "lent" the image himself

There's also nobody is talking about... Thunder trolls! What are they? Lei-Shen powered super trolls?

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)

Last edited by Cemotucu; 12-23-2012 at 11:33 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 11:04 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
That's a possibility, We have already seen that doing in Ahn'Qiraj, but the resulting change was quite extreme...

Anyway, I wouldn't have a problem with the palaces being Titan-made. I would prefer if it was all Mogu-made.

PS: I hope we got an answer about those Seven Stars

-.- That site might have "lent" the image himself

There's also nobody is talking about... Thunder trolls! What are they? Lei-Shen powered super trolls?
Prob just empowered with thunder and lightning via Lei Shen.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:04 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Goblins can be wrong?
Oh come on Blizzard doesn't think that far ahead.

I mean sure they have 'fallible sources' so they can retcon things easier but let's be honest, they don't think about it in advance.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-23-2012, 11:05 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Well, keep in mind, Uldum's titan as well as Ulduar and Uldaman. The latter two favor pseudo Greco-Roman architecture and art, while Uldum is clearly ancient Egypt-inspired. Would it be that off-the-wall for yet another distinct style of architectural inspiration to show up on their resumé?

Something tells me if we ever encounter the titans in person, we'll be seeing a lot of different cultures' mythological gods inspiring their appearances and themes aside from those of the (currently) known Pantheon. At least one titan with a certain connection to the "ancient Egyptian" aesthetic probably had some input in making Uldum look like it does, and another, differently themed titan could easily have been responsible for inspiring the ancient architecture used by the mogu.

Hell, at this point it wouldn't entirely surprise me if the ancient Zandalari were visited for a while many thousands of years ago by some Quetzalcoatl-based titan or something that inspired some of their cosmetic themes. after all, just because they weren't themselves made by the titans doesn't mean the Pantheon wouldn't have checked out species like the trolls and tauren to make sure they belonged there and weren't dangerously corrupted leftovers of the Old Gods' reign.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Well yes, not all titan buildings look the same, but they all have those titan motifs. Invisible floors, glowy balls, glowy pipes all the stuff that makes it feel like such alien technology, which is not evident anywhere in modern Mogu buildings, which is what I was getting at. I imagine that if there was a titan building on Pandaria it would probably have asian themes like everything else, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was buildings like that that inspired Mogu architecture, but the actual Mogu buildings that exist today just don't show any sign of Titan influence outside of Elegons room (and even then it's surrounded by Mogu statues).

Last edited by Porimlys; 12-23-2012 at 11:15 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 11:20 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I always thought of the defining feature of Titanic architecture was the color scheme. Lots of gold and glowy blue-green stuff.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 12-23-2012, 11:25 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Well, keep in mind, Uldum's titan as well as Ulduar and Uldaman. The latter two favor pseudo Greco-Roman architecture and art, while Uldum is clearly ancient Egypt-inspired. Would it be that off-the-wall for yet another distinct style of architectural inspiration to show up on their resumé?

Something tells me if we ever encounter the titans in person, we'll be seeing a lot of different cultures' mythological gods inspiring their appearances and themes aside from those of the (currently) known Pantheon. At least one titan with a certain connection to the "ancient Egyptian" aesthetic probably had some input in making Uldum look like it does, and another, differently themed titan could easily have been responsible for inspiring the ancient architecture used by the mogu.

Hell, at this point it wouldn't entirely surprise me if the ancient Zandalari were visited for a while many thousands of years ago by some Quetzalcoatl-based titan or something that inspired some of their cosmetic themes. after all, just because they weren't themselves made by the titans doesn't mean the Pantheon wouldn't have checked out species like the trolls and tauren to make sure they belonged there and weren't dangerously corrupted leftovers of the Old Gods' reign.
This irks me a bit. We have art for the Pantheon. They are Greco-Roman inspired. We also have all these non-Greco-Roman inspired titanic architectural styles. It would follow that these styles are reflected in the titans themselves, which would in turn be reflected in their leadership. So, if the Pantheon shows up, will they have a misplaced hodgepodge of thematic elements tacked on like Vaanel threw up? Sargeras had a bit of an ancient Egyptian vibe in art of his pre-corrupted state, but what about the elements debuting in Mists of Pandaria?

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:48 PM

Eternal

Its worth noting that the titan facilities in the Mugoshan Vaults all have Mogu style structures too. If the Palace and the Shrines in the Vale were originally titan structures its quite likely the Mogu could have redecorated them in the same way.

I had a look through the Thunder King's apparent fight mechanics. Nice to see that the discriptions of how he fought with his axe and spear in the Golden Lotus story match the fight. It sounds like an awesome crazy fight.

Last edited by Lutinz; 12-23-2012 at 11:50 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 11:52 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
TPF5kGZ7mQM

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Maybe that's just how the Titans made that complex? Kinda like how Ulduar and Uldum both were based on 2 different real world cultures.
The Alliance-fanboy there in the argument section is facepalm worthy.

(Not that I wouldn't be either. Just in a different, incoherent way.)

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:09 AM

Eternal

There's only one problem with the thread.

*The Thunder King Has Risen

There, now it's better!

Because we all know he's going to die.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 12-24-2012, 12:18 AM

Elune

Here are the major WMO's of the raid. Obviously things will much more badass with lighting and the other effects that won't show in a model viewer. Some parts may just not be done either.

Exterior:

Overview:

Entrance to the Raid:

Entrance to the interior part of the raid:

Interior Overview:

Entrance (start at the left):

Midway:

The end (with many rooms!):

Entrance to Ra-Dens Prison:

Ra-Dens Prison:

Where Lei Shen is fought:

The Thunder Throne:

Coliseum like area near the beginning of the interior section:

Where turtle boss likely is:

Probably the Hydra boss room:

This raid has a ton of ramps and stairs:

Last edited by Leviathon; 12-24-2012 at 12:41 AM..
Old 12-24-2012, 12:39 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Colorful.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 12-24-2012, 12:49 AM

Elune

Something for that Warlock Isle. This is labeled as the shell.

Ground will be on top of that shell like Firelands.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Warlock isle?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:28 AM

Elune

No idea what it is.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:37 AM

Eternal

An Isle mean entirely for Warlocks?

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 12-24-2012, 02:03 AM

Eternal

Well, Druids get moonglade, Death Knights get Acherus, Monks get the Peak of Serenity, maybe Locks are getting some territory to call their own?
Closed Thread