Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-09-2009, 04:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Default World of Warcraft: Mage plot speculation

What do you think World of Warcraft: Mage will be about?

We have the omnipresent figure of Rhonin around, as well as new characters that appeared with WotLK. Some ideas:

-Rhonin's mission that made him become "famous". We could discovered what happened and why all his companions died.
-Aethas Sunreaver and the joining of Blood Elves into the Kirin Tor. We could see how it happened, and the reactions of the other blood elves, and learn more about the past of Aethas. They could introduce Rhonin, Modera and Vereesa as cameos, too.
-Telestra's business with Malygos. All those mages joining Malygos... they have a lot of potential for storytelling. There's also Urom, and the new azure dragons. Anyway, this could be told at Dragons of Outland, so who knows.

There was also someone, don't remember who, who had joined Malygos by force, and that he/she sent a letter to his family. Could be well-fitting, too.

Opinions?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-09-2009, 04:54 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post

We have the omnipresent figure of Rhonin around, as well as new characters that appeared with WotLK. Some ideas:

-Rhonin's mission that made him become "famous". We could discovered what happened and why all his companions died.
That would be interesting. We sort of know why all his companions died.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:14 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:

-Aethas Sunreaver and the joining of Blood Elves into the Kirin Tor. We could see how it happened, and the reactions of the other blood elves, and learn more about the past of Aethas. They could introduce Rhonin, Modera and Vereesa as cameos, too.
-Telestra's business with Malygos. All those mages joining Malygos... they have a lot of potential for storytelling. There's also Urom, and the new azure dragons. Anyway, this could be told at Dragons of Outland, so who knows.

There was also someone, don't remember who, who had joined Malygos by force, and that he/she sent a letter to his family. Could be well-fitting, too.

Opinions?
don't know really, timeline supposed to fit with WOTLK ? or something can come from Cataclysm? It'd be interesting to see something mentionning the return of the Highborne and their interaction with the Kirin Tor and such
Old 09-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Elune

Seeing as it's coming before Cataclysm, I guess it will be related to WotLK, but you know, the timeline doesn't always fit, but I'd expect it to be related to WotLK.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-14-2009, 02:14 PM

Demon Hunter

I would also like to see who are in the Council of Six during Wrath's timeline and if Drenden is still alive.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:56 PM

Elune

Yeah, it would be nice. We only know 3 members:

-Rhonin
-Modera
-Aethas Sunreaver

The potential could be:

-Ansirem Runeweaver (has a lot of published books )
-Drenden (why should he be dead?)
-Krasus (could have left)
-Baratea (RPG)
-Khadgar (busy at Outland)
-Jaina Proudmoore (busy at Theramore)
-Vargoth (Kirin Tor representative at the Invasion of Draenor)
-Cedric (Leader of the Violet Eye)
-Teronus III (quest-wise, neutral counterpart of Modera and Aethas)

Anyway, if you are interested in the council of six topic:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4721

Now that I wonder:

Why aren't they inviting anyone from Dalaran at the WoW Comic?

Last edited by Lon-ami; 09-19-2009 at 02:03 PM..
Old 09-19-2009, 02:18 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Yeah, it would be nice. We only know 3 members:

-Rhonin
-Modera
-Aethas Sunreaver

The potential could be:

-Ansirem Runeweaver (has a lot of published books )
-Drenden (why should he be dead?)
-Krasus (could have left)
-Baratea (RPG)
-Khadgar (busy at Outland)
-Jaina Proudmoore (busy at Theramore)
-Vargoth (Kirin Tor representative at the Invasion of Draenor)
-Cedric (Leader of the Violet Eye)
-Teronus III (quest-wise, neutral counterpart of Modera and Aethas)

Anyway, if you are interested in the council of six topic:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4721

Now that I wonder:

You mean for the new Council? Maybe they think Jaina and Aegwynn are enough from the Arcane school of magic
Old 09-19-2009, 02:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Maybe well learn something about the origin of the new mage{s} {races}, like how orc mages came to be^^
Old 09-19-2009, 04:36 PM

Eternal

I think it will relate to recent events. From how Rhonin became thé leader of the Kirin Tor, to the Blood Elves and Aethas, the relocation of Dalaran to Crystalsong and the Nexus War etc.
And the new Aspect of Magic AND the new Council since they all relate to the Kirin Tor and Mage stuff.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:40 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:

Now that I wonder:

Like someone said above, there are already three arcane-wielders on the Council, and anyone from Dalaran besides Jaina would be redundant.

Last edited by Mandrabel; 09-19-2009 at 09:51 PM..
Old 09-19-2009, 09:10 PM

Elune

Maybe it will represent the races like someone said above.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:03 PM

Elune

Knaak is writing it, I will be shocked if its not a Krasus/Rhonin adventure, most likely about dragons so... War on Magic against the Blues is my bet.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Knaak is writing it, I will be shocked if its not a Krasus/Rhonin adventure, most likely about dragons so... War on Magic against the Blues is my bet.
Hope so, that story needs a lot more elaboration than what it has now.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:59 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrabel View Post
Like someone said above, there are already three arcane-wielders on the Council, and anyone from Dalaran besides Jaina would be redundant.
Well, one would think having a representant from the city of mages could be a good idea.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
Maybe well learn something about the origin of the new mage{s} {races}, like how orc mages came to be^^
Orc warlock: I feel like shit about using demon magic. I wish I could still use magic but not taint myself with this demonic influence.

Blood elf/undead/troll mage: I have an idea!

THREE WEEKS LATER:

Orc mage: VICTORY!

Can I get paid now?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:16 PM

Elune

Is the title World of Warcraft: Mage or Warcraft: Mage? The stores seem to call it Warcraft: Mage, at least currently, which would make it a book set in the pre-WoW era.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Apparently, they're in it, but not the main characters. That means that they will appear as Deus ex Machina at the end and neatly solve all the problems while the cast stands around and talks about how cool they are.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:59 AM

Elune

Oh no, for god's sake .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Is the title World of Warcraft: Mage or Warcraft: Mage? The stores seem to call it Warcraft: Mage, at least currently, which would make it a book set in the pre-WoW era.
It's World of Warcraft, because the series have gone that trademark now.

You know, Death Knight, Mage and Shaman are all 3 part of the character class series.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 PM

Elune

Blizz will still have the trademark on "Warcraft", but "World of Warcraft" is probably much more easily recognizable these days.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Blizz will still have the trademark on "Warcraft", but "World of Warcraft" is probably much more easily recognizable these days.
I thought it depended on when the story took place. At least that is how it looks like it to me. All the "Warcraft" ones are pre-WoW vanilla, while the "World of Warcraft" stories are post-WoW vanilla. The only official title I have seen is "Warcraft: Mage" so I thought it was going to be set in pre-WoW. Unless the "Warcraft" part is wrong.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 PM

Elune

Nah. Tides of Darkness, Beyond the Dark Portal, Rise of the Horde, all had "World of Warcraft" on it. Its a marketing thing. Sometimes they'll use just Warcraft though, for whatever reason.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Nah. Tides of Darkness, Beyond the Dark Portal, Rise of the Horde, all had "World of Warcraft" on it. Its a marketing thing. Sometimes they'll use just Warcraft though, for whatever reason.
Oh. I thought they had some cool system going on. I don't see why they titled some things like Legends, Lord of the Clans, etc. as Warcraft.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Oh. I thought they had some cool system going on. I don't see why they titled some things like Legends, Lord of the Clans, etc. as Warcraft.
Lord of the Clans was before World of Warcraft. Don't know why Legends is what it is.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
Lord of the Clans was before World of Warcraft. Don't know why Legends is what it is.
Oh that would explain that one.
So the post-WoW vanilla titles that used and/or still use "Warcraft" as a title are: Warcraft: Legends, Warcraft: War of the Ancients, Warcraft Archives, and Warcraft: The Sunwell Trilogy.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 PM

Elune

Though the first two WotA books were released before WoW was.