Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-14-2014, 10:50 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
This is probably the best "narrative" Warcraft cinematic yet, and of course, it was beautiful.

I just can't give a shit about any of these characters. Literally everyone- Gul'dan, Grom, Garrosh, they're all assholes and I grew up with this series hating them. They do nothing to endear themselves to me. I'd rather have had something like the original or TBC cinematic with faceless adventurers doing cool shit because at least I could say "Yeah, man, I have that spell!"
I'm a bit of the same mind. It was a very nice-looking cinematic, but I didn't like it as much as, say, the Wrath cinematic. Though that I just chalk up to me not having played WC1 at all and only playing WC2 once over at a friend's house. WC3 is what introduced me to the setting, and I found the Orc campaign to be the least interesting of the four, so I'm not as invested in Grom's character the same way I was in Arthas's.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:54 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
No, currently the beta the draenei/frostwolves defeat the Iron Horde during leveling quests, then at level 100 Socrethar arrives with the Sargerei and Shadow Council, taking over the city.
They changed it again? When I was there the iron horde were still fighting against all three forces. Had a couple quests to grab iron horde tech from still living iron horde members...
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
They changed it again? When I was there the iron horde were still fighting against all three forces. Had a couple quests to grab iron horde tech from still living iron horde members...
Last I saw it was just a bunch of dead Iron Horde. Maybe I missed the living ones somehow?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 AM

Ranger

I wonder... why did Garrosh say "we will never be slaves"?. This would imply that the Orcs were slaves in the MU and somehow "forced" to conquer Azeroth, what wasn't the case. Maybe the influence of Grom?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
I wonder... why did Garrosh say "we will never be slaves"?. This would imply that the Orcs were slaves in the MU and somehow "forced" to conquer Azeroth, what wasn't the case. Maybe the influence of Grom?
Grom said it. You got Ogres enslaving them, and the Legion who wanted to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
Slaves of the demon curse.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
Last I saw it was just a bunch of dead Iron Horde. Maybe I missed the living ones somehow?
Yeah the burning blade is there enmass and you steal a shredder from an IH orc engineer.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:59 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Cinematic is up on Youtube.

Glad I can watch it now.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
So, Lords of War confirms that at least the backstories and personalities of the Warlords are the same in the AU and MU.

I wonder if they'll put that new human model based Varian in game, his current model is really starting to show its age.
Yeap, we've finally got the answer. That's really good. I don't really like this new retcon wave, buuuut these wc1-wc2 orcish chiefs were retconned more then one time. And after watching WoW version of Marvel Heroes, I can live with these retcons.
Awesome gameplay trailer, Kargath movie, Lords of War teaser and the CGI! And the release date. I have a nerdgasm. It even trumps my discontent with seeing Garrosh's face again. Gonna rewatch the trailer for a few times now.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:04 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Sorry, confused Grom and Garrosh here. But which curse? The lethargy of the orcs was solely psychological and the orcs acted on their own during the First and Second war. It wasn't as if the demons held a whip behind them and said "Wah, fight or die!"
Old 08-14-2014, 11:05 AM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Cinematic is up on Youtube.

Glad I can watch it now.
Arakiba got this already 2 pages ago, would have saved you some of that writhing.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:06 AM

Treant

well got exactly what I expect out of it, looked pretty, was all about orcs

Quote:
is it slavery if you are doing what you wanted to do anyway you are just a bit better at it?
Old 08-14-2014, 11:09 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
well got exactly what I expect out of it, looked pretty, was all about orcs

is it slavery if you are doing what you wanted to do anyway you are just a bit better at it?
Not to mention building the Dark Portal without Medivh (Sargs) power, magic and guidance to the same proportions and decoration of the original...

Again... This expansion is stupid. Don't give logic or reason any heed. Lore died years ago, we are on the rule of cool silly time travel alternate universe nostalgia journey now.

What it comes down to is that the Demons Curse made them Green, Green is so 20 years ago.

Technology they shouldn't have... n(o seriously, they shouldn't Garrosh shouldn't be a technological genius regardless of what he has seen.) is the new demon blood.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 08-14-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Not to mention building the Dark Portal without Medivh (Sargs) power, magic and guidance to the same proportions and decoration of the original...

Again... This expansion is stupid. Don't give logic or reason any heed. Lore died years ago, we are on the rule of cool silly time travel alternate universe nostalgia journey now.
Building the portal isn't hard if you have the technological advantage of the Iron Horde. Instead of Medivh, they used three other warlocks to provide the magic.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
Yes because their souls were damned because of the pact.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:11 AM

Arch-Druid

I believe the original 'Rise of the Horde' was more recent in our timeline. I wonder if that will be addressed in the other comics / media of the series. Or is it a retcon to have be concretely year -5?

Lords of War being officially canon and the trailer being this amazing... I am pleased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:11 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Sorry, confused Grom and Garrosh here. But which curse? The lethargy of the orcs was solely psychological and the orcs acted on their own during the First and Second war. It wasn't as if the demons held a whip behind them and said "Wah, fight or die!"
The orcs have always seen their work for the legion as slavery even if they went into it willingly. They have a massive victim complex, and they need it to get over the whole "slaughtered so many draenei we could make a road out of their bones" thing.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:12 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Where have you read that? Would that imply that any orc affected by the curse (green skin, etc.), will go to Warcraft-hell, even Thrall? Hallelujah!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:13 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Building the portal isn't hard if you have the technological advantage of the Iron Horde. Instead of Medivh, they used three other warlocks to provide the magic.
Right, better make sure we depict Medivh on the sides of it just to be sure.

You'd think Garrosh would have learned the one basic thing, the portals are a bad fucking idea and are what killed your world... better build portals, better yet amateur portals with Warlocks (They shouldn't have given their rejection of the legion)

It's a dumb plot.

Quote:
Theres so much evidence... I mean... like ALL OF THE EVIDENCE that this is not the case.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:15 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
The orcs have always seen their work for the legion as slavery even if they went into it willingly.
Indentured servitude is still slavery.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
I believe the original 'Rise of the Horde' was more recent in our timeline. I wonder if that will be addressed in the other comics / media of the series. Or is it a retcon to have be concretely year -5?

Lords of War being officially canon and the trailer being this amazing... I am pleased.
In the MU, the Orcs started to attack the Draenei in year -3. Before destroying Shattrath, they drink the Blood.

In the AU, the Orcs are offered to drink the blood in year -4. They refuse and form the IH, starting to conquer the continent.

IN short: Garrosh prevented the original genocide to ever happen. It know happens in a different way.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 08-14-2014, 11:20 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
In the MU, the Orcs started to attack the Draenei in year -3. Before destroying Shattrath, they drink the Blood.

In the AU, the Orcs are offered to drink the blood in year -4. They refuse and form the IH, starting to conquer the continent.
Yeah, the timeline so far looks to be:

-Garrosh arrives, starts manipulating the clans, butterfly effect prevents Rulkan and Garad's natural deaths (maybe?).
-Without a way to get to Ner'zhul, the Legion goes straight to Gul'dan and accelerates their plan to compensate for Garrosh's meddling.
-Gul'dan summons Mannoroth and offers the orcs demon blood ahead of time. "Gul'dan and the Stranger" happens.
-The cinematic happens.
-The Iron Horde forms, Garad refuses to have the Frostwolves join and is assassinated. Durotan becomes chieftain.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:21 AM

Elune

It had to be done.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:21 AM

Sentinel Queen

I hope the Genesaurs win and Draenor ends overgrown and choked to death. I was hyped before, the total ruin of Warcraft 3 and Horde redemption killed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Indentured servitude is still slavery.
You don't know how indentured servitude works, do you?

Tags
warlocks of draenor