Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 07:39 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
A perpetual favorite for both expansion concepts and "leaks", and for obvious reasons that we've all gone over a thousand times.
Also, a surefire way of way of telling that it's not going to happen, for equally obvious reasons that we've all gone over a thousand times.
To be fair, Legion read like a laundry list of "in case of dead game, break glass" promises.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
To be fair, Legion read like a laundry list of "in case of dead game, break glass" promises.
True, but it was a varied laundry list of fanservice. Them design resources and world space were spread wide, not deep.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:01 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Elaborate on the mage tower thing, please. I've been out of the loop for a very long time so I don't know. Is it required/connected?
You can only do the challenge while the Mage Tower is up. The buildings in Broken Shore need to be repaired by players, who contribute with a resource they gather in Broken Shore World Quests. A finished building exists for around 3 days before it's destroyed by the Legion.

Once Broken Shore becomes old content and players, I guess the buildings will take longer to be repaired. However, I think Blizzard will at some point reduce the amount of required resources and eventually even just let the buildings be permanent, but for now we don't know when or if that will done.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-19-2017, 08:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Once Broken Shore becomes old content and players, I guess the buildings will take longer to be repaired. However, I think Blizzard will at some point reduce the amount of required resources and eventually even just let the buildings be permanent, but for now we don't know when or if that will done.
Didn't they already address that in a Q&A about the Broken Shore?
Old 08-19-2017, 09:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Didn't they already address that in a Q&A about the Broken Shore?
Not that I know of.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:15 AM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Not that I know of.
They mentioned a catch up mechanic at one point. Everyone assumed it was gonna be put in the future, but apparently it's already in there. The servers went down for a day or 2 shortly after 7.2 was released. The buildings were on single digit progress before, and when they went back up they all jumped to 100% completion from turn-ins in about an hour. Before those same turns ins would only add a few percentage points. Apparently since there were 0 contributions for 30ish hours, it activated a progress bar multiplier.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:13 PM

Owl Scout

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
Most likely all at once.
Also, 7.4 was pretty big patch last time I heard about it, but it was even before 7.2
Could please elaborate on this more? 7.4 is confirmed real? I am not sure what you're allowed and not allowed to say but I'd like to know more if possible. Don't need the actual content of 7.4 but rather what the plan is in terms of patches line-up. Feel free to quote me or PM me. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2017, 01:30 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leocarian View Post
Could please elaborate on this more? 7.4 is confirmed real? I am not sure what you're allowed and not allowed to say but I'd like to know more if possible. Don't need the actual content of 7.4 but rather what the plan is in terms of patches line-up. Feel free to quote me or PM me. Thanks!
Almost all I know it's that 7.4 should be last Legion content patch and contains good amount of content. Some replayable content and events like Gnomeregan/Echo Isles
But it can be outdated info
Old 08-19-2017, 01:43 PM

Elune

I guess we'll find out soon. If it's not announced in two days at GamesCom, I doubt we're getting a 7.4 at all.

I could see it suffering the same fate as the ill-fated 5.5 patch -- cut to hurry the next expansion along.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:20 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

There is not going to be an announcement about it on Gamescom.

You have to be beyond ret-... Ok wont say that since i might get more mod warnings/banns for calling people the R word.

same with the S word.

Even if it is Very Applicable (both terms)

Can we please fucking talk about something else other than the fucking gamescom announcement?

The fate of the titans after 7.3 if the message from amanthul happens after the cinematic the Titans are alive again.

And that is pretty huge.

Also Legion is a fucking Alliance Fistbump moment.

like 9 of their heroes do stuff.

Where as only 2 of the horde do stuff (and that is forsaken guys)

Last edited by Gurzog; 08-19-2017 at 02:24 PM..
Old 08-19-2017, 02:39 PM

Warden

Well, the Horde has low numbers (some of the races shouldn't even have the numbers to defend their own holdings right now) and aren't part of the chosen one crew (Draenei, Night elves and descendants of the Titan-forged on Azeroth) so of course it's some of the Alliance races saving the world once more as they have done the last... Well, since forever. The Horde is credited with helping in saving the world once or twice.

The overall narrative of Warcraft has always had characters of the races in the current Alliance as the heroes who save the day or that are destined to do it or are favoured by some higher being for that reason. So much in fact that every time one of them shows up he or she needs to be neutral to have the Horde participate in whatever it's happening.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:45 PM

Arch-Druid

The orcs really should have a presence though, with their history with the Legion. Not more than the draenei, it makes sense to be draenei-heavy on Argus, but really, Saurfang would be a better choice to come to Argus than Liadrin.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:55 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
Well, the Horde has low numbers (some of the races shouldn't even have the numbers to defend their own holdings right now) and aren't part of the chosen one crew (Draenei, Night elves and descendants of the Titan-forged on Azeroth) so of course it's some of the Alliance races saving the world once more as they have done the last... Well, since forever. The Horde is credited with helping in saving the world once or twice.

The overall narrative of Warcraft has always had characters of the races in the current Alliance as the heroes who save the day or that are destined to do it or are favoured by some higher being for that reason. So much in fact that every time one of them shows up he or she needs to be neutral to have the Horde participate in whatever it's happening.
This is why I always felt it should've had a bifurcated Narrative.

Alliance working to reclaim their former glory and live up to the legacy of their gods and the titans and such, while the Horde was working to make a new start and to tear down the Old Gods and Legion and live in harmony with their few deities and spirits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
The orcs really should have a presence though, with their history with the Legion. Not more than the draenei, it makes sense to be draenei-heavy on Argus, but really, Saurfang would be a better choice to come to Argus than Liadrin.
Agreed, but sadly Blizz has eschewed writing the player-faction narratives carefully in favor of the class-orders.

I guess Liadrin is just there to pave the way for the nightborne subrace

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 08-19-2017, 02:56 PM

Loremaster

For all the narrative's talk of Azeroth needing to band together, since the world must remain divided for PvP purposes, it ends up only taking about 5% of the world binding together to deal with any given threat.

WC3 had the best developed story out of all the RTS's, and they've routinely crapped all over every theme it established ever since WoW began.

Just the fact that we're finally defeating the Legion itself on its home world and neither player faction has a presence is glaring proof of how incompatible the Alliance and Horde have become with existing in a world that's bigger than their Battlegrounds. Everyone and everything else has adapted to the World of WarCraft, but neither player faction can seem to grow past the first two RTS's.

Even when races from either side are involved in the bigger stories, they have to basically be ignored by their own factions to do it. The Alliance is nothing more than the anti-Horde, and the Horde is nothing more than the anti-Alliance. For any player race to act outside that, they end up basically suspending their faction membership until it's over so there won't be any repercussions to address in the Alliance/Horde PvP-enabling dynamic.

It'll be reinforced when, an expansion or two down the line, lore characters who were in the same Class Order are back to mindlessly trying to butcher each other again because of faction bullshit that ignores anything outside the justification for Red vs. Blue.

Last edited by ARM3481; 08-19-2017 at 03:02 PM..
Old 08-19-2017, 03:12 PM

Warden

And the times the narrative tries to do both (an overall threat and the faction war) it gets... stupid, to say the least.

Like with the orcs invading, pillaging and killing everyone in Ashenvale while the night elves were at Hyjal saving the world and just saying 'we have to band together guys!" and the Horde characters didn't have any unique text to clarify their position in the whole 'I'm helping you save the world but I'm also killing your people and taking your land' issue.

Over the years the Horde races (orcs and undead foremost) have been used to fuel faction conflict because their own narratives and inner problems resolved around it while the Alliance races ended up dealing with them AND the overall threat (with help from some individuals from the Horde) and at the end of the day ended up so good as a people that they forgave everything the Horde did to them for the sake of game mechanics and balance.

Last edited by Whitrix; 08-19-2017 at 03:15 PM..
Old 08-19-2017, 03:20 PM

Owl Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
Almost all I know it's that 7.4 should be last Legion content patch and contains good amount of content. Some replayable content and events like Gnomeregan/Echo Isles
But it can be outdated info
Interesting... are you able to confirm that 7.4 will be talked or teased at Gamescom?
Old 08-19-2017, 03:32 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

7.4 wont be at gamescom. 7.3 and (maybe) 7.3.5 will homever.

we dont know if 7.4 is real homever.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:55 PM

Elune

If there is a 7.4, they're not going to crowd the expansion announcement at BlizzCon with it.

7.4 will be announced at GamesCom or not at all, honestly. The only chance they'll get between now and BlizzCon to announce maybe on one of the late-October Q&As for 7.3.5
Old 08-19-2017, 05:46 PM

Arch-Druid

Liadrin was probably chosen because she wields the Light, and that's it (and to pave the way to the Nightborne).

Anyway, I think 8.0 will be about the races and factions. Blizzard may have opted to not put too much focus on factions within the cosmical scale of Legion.

But more characters should be there. A platoon of badass suicidal orcs, at least.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:29 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
If there is a 7.4, they're not going to crowd the expansion announcement at BlizzCon with it.

7.4 will be announced at GamesCom or not at all, honestly. The only chance they'll get between now and BlizzCon to announce maybe on one of the late-October Q&As for 7.3.5
I don't remember where but Someone asked if Jaina will have an important role / will be seen again in Legion. Answer was yes. We will see her in a later patch.

Considering 7.3 is Jainaless, clearly there will be a 7.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:48 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
I don't remember where but Someone asked if Jaina will have an important role / will be seen again in Legion. Answer was yes. We will see her in a later patch.

She's likely been demoted to faction-war-only character status.

Which is sad. Legion's neck-deep in nobodies we've never heard of before who'll vanish after the expansion is over, but the one character who spent more time throughout WoW trying to get everyone to work together against stuff like the Legion is nowhere to be found during the final battle against the Legion.

It's long become evident to me that Blizzard has increasingly found Jaina to be an extremely inconvenient character to have around, since she's a product of everything from WC3 that they decided not to carry over into WoW, with Theramore immediately demoted to a nothing backwater instead of a significant bastion of surviving humanity and the faction conflict reignited for PvP as if Hyjal never happened. So they took MoP as an opportunity to turn her into Hateful Old Varian 2.0 while promoting Varian to Tolerant New Varian, complete with giving her new voiceovers that always sound angry and the rest of the Alliance cast treating her like that racist relative who ruins every family gathering with emotional tirades that make everyone else uncomfortable.

Last edited by ARM3481; 08-19-2017 at 06:57 PM..
Old 08-19-2017, 07:11 PM

Banished

The Faction System was a mistake.

And Jaina is going to be another Kael'thas. With the Old Gods/Void Lords as her Burning Legion.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almed View Post
And Jaina is going to be another Kael'thas. With the Old Gods/Void Lords as her Burning Legion.
I'm hoping otherwise because her Blizzcon art doesn't really look evil. It's an admittedly weak reason, but let me have this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post

What I remember them saying was we'd see her after Legion, not later in Legion, but I don't know where the quote is either so I can't say that for sure.

Last edited by Asterisk; 08-19-2017 at 07:45 PM..
Old 08-19-2017, 07:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Times change. Weren't Wrathion and Sylvanas supposed to have had larger roles this expansion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Times change. Weren't Wrathion and Sylvanas supposed to have had larger roles this expansion?
I dunno about Sylvanas but Wrathion yeah.
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion