Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-06-2017, 03:14 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexander View Post
Speaking of IGoD, wasn't he going to write an article on Blizzplanet for his experience at Blizzcon? Is that coming at the end of the week, or sooner?
No idea, but i am not sure how much (new nonleaked) information he might get.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:18 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Just uploaded it now.

It's right here!
Sweet, thanks!

[Edit]: That was an excellent read. I find it a bit odd that we'd recruit the Dark Irons on Kul Tiras though. I imagine Blizzard must have something in mind for that, or they just want us to wait to recruit them. I wonder if the Allied Races will make use of buildings in these new, 'Embassy,' Districts.

Last edited by Vexander; 11-06-2017 at 03:26 PM..
Old 11-06-2017, 04:42 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
Because if all bets are off, as you say, how come no one is dreaming up stuff like that? Why does no one have a lick of faith in a mostly good outcome - and I mean actually good, none of this 'lets just give up and redo them from scratch' -crap - for the elves for a change?
I think that suffices to show you that people actually want Teldrassil to burn down.

Seeing a giant tree being burnt is what actually drove most people into Warcraft in the first place, actually.

Quote:
Speculation. What we see right now may indeed be their, 'Void Form.' That's somewhat more likely if you consider Alleria can look like a perfectly normal High Elf when she chooses. Likewise, its not like when Blizzard revealed Worgen as a playable race they showed us humans and said, "Oh, and they'll go Worgen in combat."
People asked the devs in the QA if Void Elves were going to have a void form like Alleria and they said they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
So, the high elves, which number at least as many as 1/9 of the blood elves (some factors may make their population larger) are too few to be a race, but a "crack squad" of blood elf exiles we never heard before are considered a race?

The void elf background would fit a new class, not a race. How are there rangers, warriors, monks and anything other than warlocks and shadow priests among them?

Is Blizzard telling us that there are whole void elf cities with civilians and everything in Azeroth and we never heard about them before?

Alleria learning to use the void over a thousand years of exile in the Nether is one thing. Pulling a whole race out of nowhere is another.
There was a great fraction of the Blood Elves ready to leave the Horde back in MoP.

The development is everywhere, just like your salt for not getting High Elves.

Also Ion said in an interview (I think Jesse Cox's) High Elves aren't becoming an allied race.

Last edited by Krainz; 11-06-2017 at 04:47 PM..
Old 11-06-2017, 04:45 PM

Demon Hunter
BattleTag: Pvarron#1601

Quote:
Then Anduin said that while both should be recruited, it was up to me to choose which race they go after first. I could then talk to Turalyon and Alleria, who each gave a summary of their allied race which was identical the summaries they have on the Battle for Azeroth website and a greyed out option to “start quest.”
From IGOD's Blizzplanet write-up.

To me this confirms that we'll get some subraces before B4A releases, I suspect before 8.0 too.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:53 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
There was a great fraction of the Blood Elves ready to leave the Horde back in MoP.
Don't make up things.

There was one line from Varian saying he was trying to bring the blood elves to the Alliance, and one from Lor'themar saying he was considering other options. That's it. And that was not about a "great fraction", it was a negotiation between nations.

There was zero talk about massive numbers of blood elves defecting or being exiled. Now, it seems that there's so many they can be considered a race all of their own! Or, better yet, suddenly numbers do not matter anymore, and a "crack squad of elite troops" can be considered a race.

Quote:
The development is everywhere, just like your salt for not getting High Elves.
Everywhere but in the actual game, it seems. Right now, in the game, there's Alleria using void powers. That's it. One high elf, without dracula appearance.

Now, they'll conjure up a whole city of exiles that were dabbling with the void all this time!

Sorry if I expected our elves to come from a logical source, that has been featured in the game since vanilla and had a strong presence during at least 3 expansions.

Quote:
Also Ion said in an interview (I think Jesse Cox's) High Elves aren't becoming an allied race.
I know what he said. I don't need to agree with him nor shut myself up just because he said anything. I have my opinion, and I think this development makes no sense.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-06-2017, 05:05 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I dislike how the Devs are kinda contradicting themselves this Blizzcon. In regards to the model updates for the Worgen and Goblin.

Hey, Vanilla servers happened - and we didn't want that. We don't want that. We think we do, but we really didn't. Just like High Elves.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:13 PM

Elune

It always made more sense that Void Elves would just be High elves that Alleria is training to use the Void instead of Blood Elves deciding to try the Void.

Otherwise, is it really wise for Alliance to accept blood elves into the fold? Even if they were kicked out. Which seems really flimsy for a race that delves into all sorts of magic and doesn't have anything that would be considered worth kicking them out.

I also wonder if the fact that the Horde is interested in Gilneas again, does that mean that the Alliance druids were successful in cleaning the Plague out?

Last we were told was the Gilneas City was in ruins and much of Gilneas was plagued and unhabitable.

Does this mean that we could actually see an updated Gilneas?
Old 11-06-2017, 05:14 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I think that suffices to show you that people actually want Teldrassil to burn down.
To be honest I never really cared for it myself, so I don't really find myself particular bothered. Darnassus was always an inconvenient city.

Quote:
People asked the devs in the QA if Void Elves were going to have a void form like Alleria and they said they were.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Live-Q-A-Recap

Quote:
Q: Will Void Elves be stuck in Void Elf form?
A: It isn't like metamorphosis but they definitely have a void form and a more normal form. It is similar to worgen. They will go into the void in combat.
The wording here is vague. "Will Void Elves be stuck in Void Elf form?" Considering until that question was asked all we saw of Void Elves was this goth colored variety of elves, it stands to reason the Questioner here was asking about their appearance which is already very, 'Void Form,' like. Since we've seen Alleria take on a Void Form, and then switch back to looking like a High Elf, I think there is only one way to interpret the individual's question. The answer goes on to make a comparison to Worgen and automatically shifting during combat. When worgen were released, we weren't shown humans and told, 'Oh and they'll automatically switch into Worgen form,' without ever -seeing- their Worgen Form at all.

It's inference and speculation (and hope), but I think what we see now -is- their Void Form, and that they'll be able to look like normal elves through a cosmetic racial. Hell, if it nerfed damage by like, 2% for staying out of Void Form I'd keep it off forever.

Either way though, we'll need to wait and see. Like I said, I'm hoping Void Elves will be able to look normal, at the very least, outside of combat. It'll go a long way towards making them much more palatable in lieu of High Elves.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:26 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
There was zero talk about massive numbers of blood elves defecting or being exiled.
Don't make up things.

Fraction doesn't necessarily mean massive.

Quote:
Now, it seems that there's so many they can be considered a race all of their own! Or, better yet, suddenly numbers do not matter anymore, and a "crack squad of elite troops" can be considered a race.
There's zero mention of the void elves being just a crack squad.

shhhhhh bby its kay

Just make a Void Elf toon with white hair and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Now, they'll conjure up a whole city of exiles that were dabbling with the void all this time!
Now it's a whole city?!

Where did you read that?

Don't make up things!

Quote:
Sorry if I expected our elves to come from a logical source, that has been featured in the game since vanilla and had a strong presence during at least 3 expansions.

Quote:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Live-Q-A-Recap

The wording here is vague. "Will Void Elves be stuck in Void Elf form?"
Dude, you're fucking dense and obtuse.

I watched the QA and the Recap is not a transcription.

The person who asked mentioned specifically Alleria's transformation.

Too bad the pirate videos have been taken down.

EDIT: the devs also mentioned the void form is not the one we see or something like that

EDIT 2: found one

"So in-game Alleria seems to be able to shift back and forth from void elf to high elf form. Will playable void elves be stuck in void elf form and why?

No. They will not. I don't wanna see it as a transformation that will go like a metamorph system, it's not quite on that level, we're tweaking that right now.

We definitely don't want you to be fully voided the entire time"

Last edited by Krainz; 11-06-2017 at 05:44 PM..
Old 11-06-2017, 05:35 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

High Elves contribute heavily to the Kirin Tor, a faction that has been playing a major role in the current expansion. High Elves were much of the brunt of the Kirin Tor offesnive in MoP, and even heading their own faction apart of the Alliance expedition in Wrath. I know, here on my home server of Moon Guard - A popular Alliance RP haven (Not even counting Goldshire), exist a large High Elf RP guild. I'd say, the High Elf community is just as large as the Vanilla Server people. (Okay, probably but less bit very much significant).

Just because Ion said in an interview recently that High Elves will not be considered for an Allied Race holds no salt what so ever. I already can see a few months down the line, in development of BfA or even BfA itself that the Alliance will get High Elves in their proper form.

I do not advocate or really give a fuck about playable High Elves. But it is, nonetheless a pop demand from the community. The Classic Servers are/is a prime example of Blizzard servicing the community. Legion more or less, in its own right, a giant fanservice.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Don't make up things.

Fraction doesn't necessarily mean massive.
Well, considering "high elves are too few to be a race", then void elves need to be way more than one tenth of the blood elves.

Quote:
There's zero mention of the void elves being just a crack squad.
Did you see the "What's next" panel? I did. And that's the exact description they gave about the void elves: a crack elite squad of elves that Alleria trained. If you have access to online ticket, check the video, at 27:25.

Quote:
Now it's a whole city?!

Where did you read that?

Don't make up things!
I'm assuming, since "high elves are too few to be a race". So I guess these void elves must have some sort of society in order to be considered a "race", no?

But it seems they are just like a "crack elite squad of elves" instead.

Last edited by Deicide; 11-06-2017 at 05:40 PM..
Old 11-06-2017, 05:39 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Dude, you're fucking dense and obtuse.

I watched the QA and the Recap is not a transcription.

The person who asked mentioned specifically Alleria's transformation.

Too bad the pirate videos have been taken down.

EDIT: the devs also mentioned the void form is not the one we see or something like that
You need to calm down. Not everyone watched private videos before they got taken down or bought a virtual ticket. I count myself among that number, and so our sources of information tend to be what WoWHead and MMO-Champion provide, or second-hand from people who were at Blizzcon, had a ticket, or saw those videos before they were taken down.

I'm rather disappointed to be honest. What we see is Void Form enough for them. Alleria's form is unique, special, and should be that way as she got it from devouring the Heart of a Dark Naaru. I don't think every Void Elf will be claiming the same feat. Granted, that's just my opinion.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
I dislike how the Devs are kinda contradicting themselves this Blizzcon. In regards to the model updates for the Worgen and Goblin.

Hey, Vanilla servers happened - and we didn't want that. We don't want that. We think we do, but we really didn't. Just like High Elves.
I feel like they were for some reason not expecting to be asked about that even after being asked about it every single convention. Due to that no one really knows what's going on besides Ion and Chris Robinson and even then I have a feeling 'working on them' means 'in our spare time so they'll be done eventually 2 years from now'.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
You need to calm down. Not everyone watched private videos before they got taken down or bought a virtual ticket. I count myself among that number, and so our sources of information tend to be what WoWHead and MMO-Champion provide, or second-hand from people who were at Blizzcon, had a ticket, or saw those videos before they were taken down.

I'm rather disappointed to be honest. What we see is Void Form enough for them. Alleria's form is unique, special, and should be that way as she got it from devouring the Heart of a Dark Naaru. I don't think every Void Elf will be claiming the same feat. Granted, that's just my opinion.
To be clear, I think even the person who asked the question didn't know what she was talking about. She may have seen the pale void elf with wings and thought it was a void form, and asked the devs, who then talked about a real negative color void form they may assume in combat.

To me, it seems that the pale form we see in the previews is the "normal" form, not some sort of voided out appearance.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:46 PM

Troubadour

Quote:

Check my post above.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Maybe im remembering it wrong, but I remember among the sea of interviews and comments, some dev said the Void elves are like the Worgen feral form, that it activates in battle but out of it they can look pretty normal.

So, that would mean you can RP as a high elf as long as you dont enter into combat. I am looking for it, im sure I saw it somewhere...
Old 11-06-2017, 06:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
Maybe im remembering it wrong, but I remember among the sea of interviews and comments, some dev said the Void elves are like the Worgen feral form, that it activates in battle but out of it they can look pretty normal.

So, that would mean you can RP as a high elf as long as you dont enter into combat. I am looking for it, im sure I saw it somewhere...
I'm pretty sure they said they'd have some kind of transformation racial, but it WOULDN'T be like a full metamorphasis. Seems more like it'll be flavour, not a full shadowform/worgen form/etc.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Check my post above.
Thank you for the video. For anyone else interested, the question is asked at 29:30.

It still seems fairly ambiguous as the person asking the question asked it in such a way that it seems she was referring to what we've seen as the, 'Void Form.' She mentions Alleria going back and forth and wondering if Void Elves can do the same. It's the answers which strike me as more... uncertain. It sounds like they -know- players are going to want normal looking elves though, but that they want to make sure Void Elves have a, 'Race Fantasy,' if you will, that involves visually looking like they're afflicted by the Void, at the very least, in combat.

I'll be curious to see Beta now. Given how a lot of people are on edge right now about the race, I think one way or another the developers are going to make sure Void Elves have the option to look 100% normal, at least, outside of combat.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:06 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post

It was in the Q&A. The transcripts do not show the whole picture.

They said that currently the void form is activated in combat, like worgen form, but they are considering turning it into a thing you can toggle on/off. It's not yet decided.

Also, it's not clear if the albino dracula appearance is the void form or natural form. I think void form is like Alleria's, and the pale vampire skin is the normal form. If so, I hope there are more normal skin and hair options...

Old 11-06-2017, 06:09 PM

Arch-Druid

I know the answer is no but I wonder if they're going to update the Tiragarde Keep in Durotar assets to the new Kul Tiras stuff.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:11 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I know the answer is no but I wonder if they're going to update the Tiragarde Keep in Durotar assets to the new Kul Tiras stuff.
Really doubt it. They never bothered changing the EK elven lodges from night elf to proper high elf buildings in Cataclism, for instance.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:14 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Well, they better make it a toggle and give normal looking options, because most people just want regular elves.

Notn me tho, I only want a Zandalari warrior, and a Nightborne rogue <3
Old 11-06-2017, 06:25 PM

Elune

I have to imagine the pale-ish regular elf look is their normal form and not their transformed state. Alleria's look is how they'll appear, I'm sure. She looked that way for a reason. And I mean if the pale-ish normal elf form is their transformed state, the hell do they look like normally then?
Old 11-06-2017, 06:38 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
I have to imagine the pale-ish regular elf look is their normal form and not their transformed state. Alleria's look is how they'll appear, I'm sure. She looked that way for a reason. And I mean if the pale-ish normal elf form is their transformed state, the hell do they look like normally then?
Well, what does Alleria look like, 'Normally?' When next you see her on the Vindicaar right after she acquires her Void Form?

I seriously believe her Void Form needs to be unique, and hers. What the Void Elves look like now is more than enough to suffice for a, 'Void Form.' They clearly look like elves who are suffused by the power of the Void as is. They don't need to take it a step further (unless they're shadow priests at least, but that's what Shadow Form is for).
Old 11-06-2017, 06:43 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Well, what does Alleria look like, 'Normally?' When next you see her on the Vindicaar right after she acquires her Void Form?
Standard High Elf.

The Thousand Years of War audio drama hints that we weren't the first to witness her transformation.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft