Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-11-2017, 09:05 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
From an interview with WoWChakra:

-The Artifact Weapon sendoff will take place just before the expansion.
-There are some preliminary requirements to starting the quest chains for Allied races - such as getting exalted with highmountain tauren before you can proceed.
-There might be some story for the Void Elves in 7.3.5.
-The team is hoping to start beta early next year.
-The goal is to have Battle for Azeroth launch before the end of 2018.

So no allied races in 7.3.5 and likely a year of Antorus. =(
I really hope we're not waiting until next November until the next expansion. Another year long drought...
Old 11-11-2017, 10:00 PM

Eternal

The interview doesn't really say anything that would imply no sub-races obtainable at 7.3.5.

There's no reason to think they wouldn't. Not just cause of the leak but they are adding level scaling in 7.3.5. Wouldn't mean much if there isn't there something new to encourage people to level alts.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:21 AM

Elune

"There might be some void elf story in 7.3.5" honestly only makes me feel like allied races coming with 7.3.5 is even more likely.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:24 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

They let us level up Demon Hunters well before the expansion, might as well let us play alternate races.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-12-2017, 01:26 AM

Archer

Have Blizz mentioned where would they implement the new straight posture for orcs?
We've seen already a picture of straight Saurfang, but I doubt that each and every oricish grunt that we'll see in game since will be upright.
Would be great if they'll decide to change some of WoD models, however. I mean, in all of the art works and cinematics orcish warlords kinda have straight backs, so I'd love to see Duratan, Grommash and at least Blackhand being cured of scoliosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Poster name;Post number
Also, thank you very much for explanation, Nazja! You're too kind to me :>

Last edited by Xin; 11-12-2017 at 01:33 AM..
Old 11-12-2017, 01:32 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin View Post
Have Blizz mentioned where would they implement the new straight posture for orcs?
Barber Shop(s).
Old 11-12-2017, 01:35 AM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
Barber Shop(s).
Oh, I meant the NPCs, not players >_>
Should've made some focus on it, sorry.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:38 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I tend to think the more noteworthy Orcs will get the straightened backs. Like Eitrigg. We know Saurfang and Thrall have it.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:47 AM

Archer

Well, hope Eitrigg will also get some love. It doesn't feel like he's going to get a new model, but I hope they'll give him at least some unique features for his armor so he wouldn't look so dull.
Btw I'd love to see upright Blackhand in game. Always hated the way his head is 'floating in lava' when he's hunched.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:58 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
"There might be some void elf story in 7.3.5" honestly only makes me feel like allied races coming with 7.3.5 is even more likely.
Maybe? There was "story" for several of the new race/class combinations at the end of WotLK, prior to their actually becoming available in the pre-release patch for Cataclysm, so theoretically it could amount to "seeding" story content like that.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:58 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Why did WoD Blackhand have no children?
Cause he wasn't straight!
Old 11-12-2017, 02:06 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Hmm, except Grommash and his mate didn't have Garrosh there either, so...presumably the "blade of grass" that differentiated AU Draenor from the MU one was a streak of infertility among most of the Horde-era chieftains?
Old 11-12-2017, 02:23 AM

Archer

Quote:
Cause he wasn't straight!
Too much of a burn even for a guy that pulled a hammer out of a lava lake.

Also I kinda liked the old Kilrogg that had killed a bunch of his own children :c
As far as I undertstood the whole 'being old' stuff was retconed eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Hmm, except Grommash and his mate didn't have Garrosh there either, so...presumably the "blade of grass" that differentiated AU Draenor from the MU one was a streak of infertility among most of the Horde-era chieftains?
I guess Blackhand's tattoo/mutilated hand is also a part of the 'blade of grass' thingy.
I mean, is it canon that he pull out the Doomhammer in MU, right? However in the Chronicles he kinda has only an edgy tattoo on his hand instead of stone crust.

Last edited by Xin; 11-12-2017 at 02:36 AM..
Old 11-12-2017, 03:23 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Orc Icon (War3)

I'm a little puzzled that they haven't killed Saurfang off yet. Sure he's popular but i expected him to snuff it in the Warrior Class Campaign, or at least sometime before the next faction war. Which, well, apparently happens now. Dude really should know better by now. Why's he not immediately planning Horde Civil War 2.0 with Baine the moment Sylvanas set the Nightelfs' tree on fire? ... actually how old IS Saurfang now? I know Orcs are hardy but dude's gotta be ancient by now.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:05 AM

Arch-Druid

"Might be some story for the Velves in 7.3.5?"
"Might"?

My impression is that void elves will have a half-assed story in a short storyline, then will be forgotten for years.

I really doubt Battle for Azeroth will give any attention to allied races besides Zandalar (a lot) and Dark Iron (a little).

Quote:
I guess Blackhand's tattoo/mutilated hand is also a part of the 'blade of grass' thingy.
I mean, is it canon that he pull out the Doomhammer in MU, right? However in the Chronicles he kinda has only an edgy tattoo on his hand instead of stone crust.
This is something I'd like to see clarification about.
My headcanon, despite the image from Chronicle v2, is that the story of Blackhand removing Doomhammer from the lava and using it to fight the ogres is MU canon. However, he never went further than that into becoming a half-elemental orc like he did in AU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
I'm a little puzzled that they haven't killed Saurfang off yet. Sure he's popular but i expected him to snuff it in the Warrior Class Campaign, or at least sometime before the next faction war. Which, well, apparently happens now. Dude really should know better by now. Why's he not immediately planning Horde Civil War 2.0 with Baine the moment Sylvanas set the Nightelfs' tree on fire? ... actually how old IS Saurfang now? I know Orcs are hardy but dude's gotta be ancient by now.
Saurfang seems to be supporting this war, so maybe the Alliance does something before Teldrassil and we don't know what yet. Or may be a new Ashran idiot ball: "the Alliance found this powerful thing (Azerite), let's attack them before they use it on us!"

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 11-12-2017 at 04:22 AM..
Old 11-12-2017, 04:18 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
actually how old IS Saurfang now? I know Orcs are hardy but dude's gotta be ancient by now.
He was probably a young, up-and-coming lieutenant/commander during the Second War. For some perspective, compare him to Eitrigg: Eitrigg had two sons who were soldiers during the wars, while Saurfang's son was young enough to stay at the Nagrand children's home.

Maybe he was around 20 in Year 6. That would make him only 60 or so now. Old enough to be grizzled, but not ancient.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:37 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Yeah, Blizzard decided they wanted MU Blackhand to look like the movie version instead of the WoD version. Per Matt Burns on Twitter, the MU Blackhand could still have helped Orgrim retrieve the Doomhammer, but it didn't happen the same way it was depicted in the WoD comic Blackhand and he wasn't consumed by fire.

This is sort of a retcon, since several sources (the shaman artifact reveal on the official site + the Doomhammer section of Words of Wind and Earth + "Blackhand's Secret" from the WoD legendary questline + the Doomhammer episode of Azeroth Armory) previously appeared to imply that WoD Blackhand's appearance and backstory was canon for MU Blackhand as well.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 11-12-2017, 04:58 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
"Might be some story for the Velves in 7.3.5?"
"Might"?

My impression is that void elves will have a half-assed story in a short storyline, then will be forgotten for years.

I really doubt Battle for Azeroth will give any attention to allied races besides Zandalar (a lot) and Dark Iron (a little).
I listened to the interview. It sounds like the story Void Elves will get in 7.3.5 would be along the lines of the, 'Short Quest,' to recruit them. Assuming we'll get to play the four Legion-based Allied Races before Legion is out.

That said in the interview they also clarified that the bulk of Void Elf story and development is happening in BfA itself. My guess is they'll be the ones focusing on all the Old God stuff behind the scenes, pushing to fight against Azshara and the likes. In short, they're a non-Neutral, Neutral Race. That or perhaps Blizzard will surprise us, they'll be super salty about being kicked out of Quel'Thalas, and will be pushing hard to, "Liberate," the Kingdom from the Horde.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:27 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

By the end of 2018 means nothing as far as content in between.
That was more of an issue in past expansions where there was nothing but the Raid until the next expansion. Content doesn't equal just a raid. So to say there will be a year long drought is jumping the gun
Old 11-12-2017, 05:46 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Or, you know, 'might be some story for Void Elves in 7.3.5' is a way of saying 'you'll do the questline to unlock them'.

Also of course they are going to give vague ass release remarks in an interview.
Yeah. Might usually implies will. when blizzard says it.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:06 AM

Arch-Druid

Oh goody, voidy stuff for the voidy people!
Meanwhile my Lock still waits for cool demon shit from the fecking demon expansion. I feel like a Monk.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:58 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
By the end of 2018 means nothing as far as content in between.
That was more of an issue in past expansions where there was nothing but the Raid until the next expansion. Content doesn't equal just a raid. So to say there will be a year long drought is jumping the gun
I've heard rumblings that we're gonna get some Ruby Sanctum like mini-raid at some point.

People will probably start getting super sick of Antorus arounnd February-March. If they give us a ruby sanctum, one of the 5mans from BfA (like we got UBRS in MoP) and let us level 4 of the new allied races, that might tide people over until 8.0 launches sometime in the fall of 2018
Old 11-12-2017, 08:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Oh goody, voidy stuff for the voidy people!
Meanwhile my Lock still waits for cool demon shit from the fecking demon expansion. I feel like a Monk.
Blizzard bas decreated Demon's fatigue, wait for 2 expansions.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:16 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I've heard rumblings that we're gonna get some Ruby Sanctum like mini-raid at some point.

People will probably start getting super sick of Antorus arounnd February-March. If they give us a ruby sanctum, one of the 5mans from BfA (like we got UBRS in MoP) and let us level 4 of the new allied races, that might tide people over until 8.0 launches sometime in the fall of 2018
I see something like that happening. I dont see a raid that will last until BfA comes out but something smaller along with the release patch which will have the systems and something prior to that as well
Old 11-12-2017, 10:00 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Of course no raid's gonna last them 'til BFA. Unless you consider the two and a half quests the Sunstriders and Night Elf mages got "content"... almost- to over-year long content droughts have been a thing since forever, i'm a little puzzled why people think it won't be that way this time around. 7.3.5 might have some content for the Allied Races, and maaaybe there'll be a Ruby Style raid that people will get sick of after two day, but you should expect a loooong pause between updates now. As usual. Don't hype yourself into a summer release or something similarly ridicioulous. It's probably gonna be Christmas 2018 at the earliest. I expect Jannuary 2019.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft