Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Yeah, it annoys me to no end, specially since T'paartos does look kinda like a monk with his unnarmed fighting style.

Another mount: Dark Hound. The armor reminds me of Dark Iron Heritage armor.

New Dark Iron Mount? I liked the Core Hound more, if that's the case.

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/720788.jpg
Looking back, the core hound one was a bit plain, compared to the other racial mounts. Beyond being a never before seen single headed corehound, it was just lightly armored and htat's it.

Meanwhile, that dark hound is a lot more in DI aesthetic. I'm leaning toward it.

Also I do think the hippogryph and plaguebat are rewards from the intro somehow. The plaguebat has a description in now:

Undercity Plaguebat (New) - Flying Mount. Undercity Plaguebat. "One of the last of the giant bats to escape Undercity following the siege of Lordaeron." Source: PH

edit: According to wowhead's twitter, the dark hound is the vicious pvp saddle mount for DIs.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Horde has a mag'har Vicious mount as counterpart to the Dark Hound.

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/720795.jpg

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 04-03-2018, 06:36 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post

Orgimmar "needed Investigation?" What sort of braindead apologist nonsense is that? Daelin was trying to wipe out the new Horde, not "investigate" them. If he were trying to "investigate" them he'd have listened to Jaina's pleas to do exactly that, but he pulled out the Arthas excuse of "you weren't there to see it, so shut up as let me do what I want."
Daelin had a legit concern over the Horde (who in case you forgot, were ruled by Doomhammer's successor) setting up shop in Kalimdor. To this in perspective, it's the Azeroth version of Adolf Hitler's successor teaming with one of his top generals to found a New Aryan Nation in Australia then MacArthur shows up to shut them down. The writers trying to make Daelin into a dastardly nasty invader keeping down the innocent noble savages complete with yelling about their black blood (or something) doesn't change it.

Quote:
The Alliance showed mercy to those orcs who cease hostilities after the Second War, and killed the rest (that they could catch.)
And the Orcs they showed mercy later continued hostilities. Complete with Thrall threatening Terenas for land.

Quote:
All that said, most of WC3 showed that the orcs can change.
You say that, yet I see little rejection of battle and conquest. Just rejection of being demon puppets.

Quote:
WoW just refuses to let them because Blizzard has a raging hardon for maintaining this idiotic faction conflict despite it having to constantly be justified by the worst writing in the game.
It's certainly maintained by poor planning and writing. Maybe not the way you're thinking of though (see the Alliance not just letting the Horde not smash itself as it crushes the Forsaken, put the Blood Elves in their place, and either orders Vol'jin's posse to accept terms or torch Garrosh Land).
Old 04-03-2018, 08:12 PM

Loremaster

Compared to the giant undead army that had just destroyed two human kingdoms and Quel'thalas, the Horde was irrelevant. Daelin was wasting lives in Kalimdor that would be better spared for protecting his homeland from enemies that were actually threatening the Alliance at home.

Moreover, he used Theramore's peaceful coexistence with the Horde - you know, the Horde he believed were vicious monsters one couldn't coexist with - as a means to lure Thrall into a trap. So apparently his disbelief in human coexistence with the Horde was conveniently suspended when the opportunity arose to use that coexistence for his own ends. The Horde couldn't be trusted...but apparently he was willing to believe the Horde was earnest, sincere and trusting enough to answer Jaina's summons as bait for his trap?

For him to actually believe his trap would work, Daelin had to know that Theramore and the Horde were at peace. That it could be done. That the two sides had reached an accord to end the bloodshed between them. So he knew this, and maliciously abused that knowledge of the very sort of peace he didn't think could exist in order to start the bloodshed anew.

And on top of that, Daelin conquered Theramore. He rolled in, supplanted Jaina, and took over the city against her will. It's honestly no wonder the rest of the Alliance didn't sympathize with him. Why would they? He effectively did the very thing that the Alliance's member states had all feared one of them might do: use the might of the joint Alliance military (in this case, the Alliance fleet) to subjugate or otherwise compel obedience from another allied state.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:35 PM

Ranger

Putting aside Daelin's cartoon villainy, Jaina is his daughter who used Kul'tiras' troops for her little trip. He should be within his authority to at least order all Kul'tiran forces to march against the Neo-Horde.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:13 PM

Sentinel Queen

I gotta say, I’m jealous that the Horde gets to work with a variety of races in Zandalar while it’s humans and humans with a side of humans over in Kul Tiras.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:57 AM

Chimaera

I really like the darkhound and clefthoof mounts, but I can't say I'm a fan of darkhounds in general potentially being updated to use the wolf animation skeleton.
https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...arkhound04.jpg

The original darkhound models are quite outdated and could certainly benefit from an upgrade, but to me, making them use the same animations as hyenas and wolves causes to lose some of their uniqueness, becoming little more than just another flavor of wolf (which we already have 5-8 different variations of).

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 04-04-2018, 03:29 AM

Arch-Druid

Oh thank Ragnaros they updated the dark hounds. I rp my Dark Iron hunter as a breeder of them so I have a special attachement to them. Being able to get mount too will just be the icing on the cake even if I have PvP to get it.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:56 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

I dislike the Forsaken Plaguebat, I'd much rather have had that design applied to a Bat rather than a Felbat being sold as a Plague Bat nonsensically. Especially when the only bat mount is sold in the store (which I own) or by being a Troll Druid.

I suspect the single headed Corehound mount will be the Paladin mount for Dark Iron Dwarves and the Darkhound mount will be utilized as the racial mount. Man Darkhounds are weird as fuck in their random usage in the game, especially when the Firelands were given hounds of their own... so odd seeing them return after all this time. Like a dated once over-utilized nonsense artifact from vanilla. Odd not seeing the runed versions here updated as well.

In the earlier conversation above, I've always hated Monks racial implementations. I have no idea why (a class that's never made any sense outside of Pandaren in the first place) is excluded from Lightforged yet... time traveling Mag'har Orcs, Dark Iron Dwarves, recently revived Forsaken, Elves of all sorts... (especially the two new ones), Kultirian Humans, Zandalari Trolls etc etc etc can be the heavily Pandaria influenced ability wielding kungfu masters. That's just so fucking weird...

Negativity aside, I do like the new Nightelf mount.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:27 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
I suspect the single headed Corehound mount will be the Paladin mount for Dark Iron Dwarves and the Darkhound mount will be utilized as the racial mount.
Nah. A dwarf paladin ram mount with regular and Dark Iron variations was already datamined a while ago.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ha-Build-26287

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ladinRam01.jpg
https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ladinRam02.jpg

Wowhead's Twitter account claims that the darkhound is the Dark Iron version of the Vicious Saddle PvP mount.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last edited by Pepe Stormstout; 04-04-2018 at 05:30 AM..
Old 04-04-2018, 05:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
I dislike the Forsaken Plaguebat, I'd much rather have had that design applied to a Bat rather than a Felbat being sold as a Plague Bat nonsensically. Especially when the only bat mount is sold in the store (which I own) or by being a Troll Druid.
I agree with that. They should have used an actual bat.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Yeah, it annoys me to no end, specially since T'paartos does look kinda like a monk with his unnarmed fighting style.
It seems like the only reason they don't have Monks is due to parity with Highmountain.

I think they should just let Highmountain have Priests along with letting Lightforged have Monks. They are the only two races that don't have a class for one particular armor type (Lightforged can't be any leather classes, Highmountain can't be any cloth) so I think Priest and Monk would be the two classes that would make the most sense to round them out.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:10 AM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
It seems like the only reason they don't have Monks is due to parity with Highmountain.

I think they should just let Highmountain have Priests along with letting Lightforged have Monks. They are the only two races that don't have a class for one particular armor type (Lightforged can't be any leather classes, Highmountain can't be any cloth) so I think Priest and Monk would be the two classes that would make the most sense to round them out.
Well there are Bloodtotem survivors among the playable Highmountain, so Warlocks were a possibility as well.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:52 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Blizzard said they were focused on choosing classes for race fantasy, rather than balance, so adding things just to even out is weird.

Mages are fine, since you could argue Ogres. Shadow priests are fine, since pale orcs. How do light priests make sense, or monks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:07 AM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Mages are fine, since you could argue Ogres. Shadow priests are fine, since pale orcs. How do light priests make sense, or monks?
Shadow priests are there from the Shadowmoon, and Light priests are necessary gameplay as a result of that. However with the Shadowmoon source of shadow turning to a source of Light it's possible some Orcs begin using that as a power source, especially the Shadowmoon Exiles. As for Monks, you have to remember that Draenor was created on Pandaria, in part using Mistweaver abilities, it makes sense that an Orc who wants to learn more about their very existence might study it, also Blademasters are pretty Monk-ish.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:41 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

There are male Dark rangers in the horde now

Old 04-04-2018, 02:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
There are male Dark rangers in the horde now

Cool, I always thought that skin should be used more often.

Old 04-04-2018, 03:21 PM

Elune

Nightborne Warlocks get a different Voidwalker model in BfA.

Its just a different color and all but its a nice touch.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:37 PM

Elune

*looks at the female Kul Tirans*

Y'all are some triggered motherfuckers if you think that's bad.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:42 PM

Elune

Old 04-04-2018, 04:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Nightborne Warlocks get a different Voidwalker model in BfA.

Its just a different color and all but its a nice touch.
My Dwarf Warlock has it as well, I think it's just a graphical glitch going on.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:24 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Old 04-04-2018, 04:27 PM

Elune

Yeah it's like Blizzard is determined in making this the BC/Cata/WoD expansion.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-04-2018, 04:36 PM

Arch-Druid

The only good thing in BFA are the Trolls. The moment you take your eyes off the Trolls, it goes to shit. The Horde hasn't been well written as a whole in a long long time, and especially not after Legion.

Either that, or Lilian signs up in the new book because she's now perfectly okay with everything Sylvanas has been doing.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:19 PM

Arch-Druid

I wouldn't mind Lilian joining the Horde... but that happening off-screen with no explanation is really forced.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft