Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-24-2007, 11:52 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Or it could be we disrupt his summoning? Perhaps you have to kill his summoner while he attacks you or something, as much as blizz has bent the lore- I can't see Kil getting his hands dirty.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:23 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuli View Post
Hrmmmm I found this quote on the forums, guy says it from some article maybe a german one?

" "You have to rationalize a lot of things," says Metzen. Sunwell Plateau's requisite disbelief suspension. The whole thing only works because Kil'jaeden's just a half-formed abomination, stuck in the middle of some twisted birthing canal."

So it appears as though Kil'jaeden is only half summoned or something.....I need to find this article to varify it.
You could have at least linked the damn topic.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:34 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

*sighs*

Well at least there's the possibility that Kil will survive in some way.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:52 AM

Ranger

So what, do you prevent Kil'jaeden from re-entering Azeroth via summoning portal.. Isn't Kalec and Anveena supposedly there or something?
Old 08-25-2007, 06:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

I had said many times in the past that if WoW were to sink so low as to kill Kil'jaeden I'd quit for good. I never thought it possible that they'd end up going so far... I even had my doubts about them getting as far as killing Arthas. Illidan was a big deal in itself.
Well, I won't quit because that won't really make any difference to anything. I have however stopped giving a damn.

Starcraft 2 will actually give us a good story. I'm looking forward to that more than Wrath.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:01 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
I had said many times in the past that if WoW were to sink so low as to kill Kil'jaeden I'd quit for good. I never thought it possible that they'd end up going so far... I even had my doubts about them getting as far as killing Arthas. Illidan was a big deal in itself.
Well, I won't quit because that won't really make any difference to anything. I have however stopped giving a damn.

Starcraft 2 will actually give us a good story. I'm looking forward to that more than Wrath.
You should have quit a looooong time ago my friend.

Kil´Jaeden is the next obvious loot
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:09 AM

Well the thing is quitting the game means I won't enjoy the good bits of the gameplay, although I may not like the lore.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to xlandhenry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krucifire View Post
So what, do you prevent Kil'jaeden from re-entering Azeroth via summoning portal.. Isn't Kalec and Anveena supposedly there or something?
Maybe Kalec and Anveena has gone mad/corrupted by Kil'jaeden?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlandhenry View Post
Maybe Kalec and Anveena has gone mad/corrupted by Kil'jaeden?
Or tricked by Kael'thas, if Silvermoon isn't aware of the events at TK yet. Kael could return to Quel'Thalas, makes up some excuse to get access to the Sunwell, and by the time Kalec/Anveena/whomever else realize what he's doing it's too late for them to stop the summoning themselves.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:07 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Or tricked by Kael'thas, if Silvermoon isn't aware of the events at TK yet. Kael could return to Quel'Thalas, makes up some excuse to get access to the Sunwell, and by the time Kalec/Anveena/whomever else realize what he's doing it's too late for them to stop the summoning themselves.
The implication is that only Lor'themar and a very select few know about the Sunwell. Though I guess it would justify populating an instance if Rommath has found out about it and sent his own personal soldiers from Outland to imprison Anveena until they can drain all of the power from it. Part of the whole thing could be rescuing her from the place.

It's depressing to consider, however, that although such a scenario sounds simple by comparison to many of the pre-BC stories, it's about a thousand times more involved and complicated than most of the reasons we've been given to enter an instance these days.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Glaive Thrower

Once wow has killed every threat to Azeroth, what the hell are they gonna do, its gonna turn into a MMO of where all you do is farm and kill the critters eating your damn corn. OR occasionally you get the main cow who dies of hunger, what will Azeroth do next?!?!?!
Old 08-27-2007, 01:36 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedTitan View Post
Once wow has killed every threat to Azeroth, what the hell are they gonna do, its gonna turn into a MMO of where all you do is farm and kill the critters eating your damn corn. OR occasionally you get the main cow who dies of hunger, what will Azeroth do next?!?!?!
You can kill Kil'jaeden/Arthas all you want mate, so it will never end.....never!

So that's what hell is really like huh....poor Garrick Padfoot.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedTitan View Post
Said it before, and I'll say it again.
We'll have to fight the Zerg.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:47 PM

Hippogryph Rider

You guys think WoW is based on any lore at all???!! I mean come on tectonically all this stuff is happening at once for some odd reason. I mean if it wasn’t conflicts would have evolved or ended. You think the alliance and horde would have that many men to fight Rag, Nef, Hakkar, The Scourge, The Burning Legion the Silithid, not to mention all Outland and Northrends forces as well?

Basically WoW is a giant storyboard for Blizzard on how they want to advance the WarCraft story line in the future, nothing more. They give you options to see how we "the players" like fighting or engaging certain elements in their WarCraft universe. If that means I get to go toe to toe with Kil’jadean then I will be more then happy to smash his face and steal his loots. I know it doesn't make a difference in lore either way, but I'm happy to have the chance to fight him.

I can bet you any amount of money what ever exp pack does the best, with keeping the audience enjoyed the most, will be the center focus for WoW2 or War4 or a variation of………............ The Titans Return…..mmmmmm

Last edited by Beowulf; 08-27-2007 at 03:49 PM..
Old 08-27-2007, 04:21 PM

Not to be rude, but who is this mystery admin?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
If you needed to know, you would already have known it.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:09 PM

He is a member of Scrolls of Lore's Pantheon! One of the founders, and just like the Titans, he has vanished... only to one day return... in this case momentarily!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM

Eternal

Return and do what?
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:03 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Return and do what?

Not important.

Point is, he'll be back!
Old 08-27-2007, 06:13 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
He is a member of Scrolls of Lore's Pantheon! One of the founders, and just like the Titans, he has vanished... only to one day return... in this case momentarily!
hehe
Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
My alt.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:30 PM

Mountain Giant
Send a message via MSN to yakashamonian Send a message via Yahoo to yakashamonian

Honestly, I don't like illidan, never did, and there are stronger people. I mean even a weakened Arthas killed a Dragon Aspect with little trouble, and raised him from the dead.

But that's not Important. Illidan was important, and powerful. It took 3 heros + 25 players (Noting that lorewise, we have slaughtered many many many powerful people)

Illidan did save the night elf people, played huge roles in it, made a well of eternity, didn't he also make a sunwell or something. Conquered outlands. Raised army. Took on the strongest Dreadlord. Beat the crap of out magtheridon.

He's a pretty important character. On a side note, Kil'jaden is said to be in the processes of being summoned, and like ragnaros has like 1% or something of his actual power. So no surprised you can kill him really.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:34 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakashamonian View Post
Honestly, I don't like illidan, never did, and there are stronger people. I mean even a weakened Arthas killed a Dragon Aspect with little trouble, and raised him from the dead.

But that's not Important. Illidan was important, and powerful. It took 3 heros + 25 players (Noting that lorewise, we have slaughtered many many many powerful people)

Illidan did save the night elf people, played huge roles in it, made a well of eternity, didn't he also make a sunwell or something. Conquered outlands. Raised army. Took on the strongest Dreadlord. Beat the crap of out magtheridon.

He's a pretty important character. On a side note, Kil'jaden is said to be in the processes of being summoned, and like ragnaros has like 1% or something of his actual power. So no surprised you can kill him really.
*bitchslap of stupidity*

What are you on! Get off it before you turn all your brain o mush.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:25 PM

Mountain Giant
Send a message via MSN to yakashamonian Send a message via Yahoo to yakashamonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
*bitchslap of stupidity*

What are you on! Get off it before you turn all your brain o mush.
Uhhuh what did I get wrong here?
Old 09-09-2007, 05:56 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakashamonian View Post

But that's not Important. Illidan was important, and powerful. It took 3 heroes + 25 players (Noting that lorewise, we have slaughtered many many many powerful people)

ffffffff