Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-07-2013, 03:10 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Dude, the deals and summer sales on Steam are a no-brainer.
Yeah, I don't use steam that much though. Only to chat with some friends, but even the chat system is horrible. Maybe I don't like platforms like Origin and Steam because I prefer to get a physical copy of the game.

Quote:
Valve isnt, they used to make games. Now they just a hundred different crates that require a hundred different keys. Sometimes there will be another crate when you open a crate. It's stupid shit.

Also dota 2 is a lame game.
True. The last Valve game I've played was DOTA 2 and they kind of ruined the feeling of the original with their weird game engine. Not much into MOBA games but I prefer LoL over it.

I tried playing Team Fortress 2 with a friend but the terrible communities of both DOTA 2 and TF2 have driven me out.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:11 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Yes playable dogs are cool.

ZOMBIE DOGS would be even better, that would make a great game type.
I wonder how weird playing as dogs would feel like?

Bite, bark and maul, get teeth and paw upgrades as weapons, and spend most of your time moving up and down and jumping at fellow players?

Valve is awesome. I love Half Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post

Combat has an Elder Scrolls feel, though It still lacks a bit of weight and I really don't like the lack of directional attacks or directional power attacks. It's really to early for me to tell if it's worth it, but 3rd person is horrible. It really needs work. First Person is 100 times better. Just the way the character moves... If it's not polished up, I won't be playing it. It's a deal breaker for me, but then I've never been a fan of 3rd person in ES games due to how poorly they are done.

Decent voice acting, good facial detail, and the enemy animations were alright. Still polish that needs to be done.

Is spell casting the same? I mean, like you use left mouse to cast spells?

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 09-07-2013 at 03:13 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 12:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Is spell casting the same? I mean, like you use left mouse to cast spells?
No (Except staffs, which is a weapon type).
But we've known that for a while. And that was also unique to Skyrim.

Spellcasting is like WoW or GW2. You use the mouse to do combat blocks and attacks and power attacks. You hit 1 through 5 to do special abilities like spells and melee attacks.

But remember, Oblivion and Morrowind had something similar. You slotted a spell you wanted to use as your active spell, and then pressed "C" and it cast it. It's really the same thing, only you have more than one spell slotted and more than one cast button.

So, combat is more like Oblivion than Skyrim
Old 09-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call of duty 1 View Post
I wonder how weird playing as dogs would feel like?

Bite, bark and maul, get teeth and paw upgrades as weapons, and spend most of your time moving up and down and jumping at fellow players?
It would be like playing natural selection. Also half life shows its age pretty hard core and i would guess that is the reason why there isn't a half life 3 yet.

Quote:

Which is in my opinion is the games biggest weakness. The combat of previous elder scrolls doesn't even come close to Skyrim.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:28 PM

Eternal

Quote:
No (Except staffs, which is a weapon type).
But we've known that for a while. And that was also unique to Skyrim.

Spellcasting is like WoW or GW2. You use the mouse to do combat blocks and attacks and power attacks. You hit 1 through 5 to do special abilities like spells and melee attacks.

But remember, Oblivion and Morrowind had something similar. You slotted a spell you wanted to use as your active spell, and then pressed "C" and it cast it. It's really the same thing, only you have more than one spell slotted and more than one cast button.

Well that saddens me. I preferred manual casting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
It would be like playing natural selection. Also half life shows its age pretty hard core and i would guess that is the reason why there isn't a half life 3 yet.
Not really. Half Life 3 would have a more advanced engine.

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 09-08-2013 at 11:30 PM..
Old 09-09-2013, 12:07 AM

Eternal

Actually i do recall Valve is in development for another engine. It was supposedly a leak as well so I'm not sure if it is true or not.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:25 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:49 PM

Archer

Nice, could have fooled me with the 240p youtube size. The first game was amazing.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

They made Chief Thunder look so badass.

Dammit, if they make Riptor badass looking in this game I might just consider an XBone.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:11 AM

Elune

Incoming spoilers of GTA V.

They made Johnny Klebitz a fucking junkie who got his ass kicked by Trevor! I'm so pissed off! FUCK!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:36 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I really like Rome 2 Total war so far. Poor Rome gets crushed by the Etruscans but rises from the ashes yet out of the Alps comes my trusty and undefeated Dread Berserkers who puts Rome down again.
Dread Berserkers, best berserkers.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 09-18-2013 at 11:38 AM..
Old 09-18-2013, 11:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Kinda funny seeing Warhammer shut down. I can still remember how the devs were all 'yea we'll beat WoW!'
Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 AM

Elune

That game had so much potential. Same with Age of Conan.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:08 AM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Kinda funny seeing Warhammer shut down. I can still remember how the devs were all 'yea we'll beat WoW!'
They cut some of their more interesting lore features, and then didn't make the gameplay better/different enough at the time to differentiate, especially given how visibly close the two are.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

The Terraria 1.2 trailer

Old 09-19-2013, 06:51 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
The Terraria 1.2 trailer
Criminy, how much stuff are they adding?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
Criminy, how much stuff are they adding?
Here is a list of spoilered stuff.

Misses the Frost Hydra and trailer stuff.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post
They cut some of their more interesting lore features, and then didn't make the gameplay better/different enough at the time to differentiate, especially given how visibly close the two are.
They cut out four of the six cities! This was especially egregious when thee entire reason the Chaos faction was together was to capture the high elf capitol. It was the first game I ever quit WoW for (for about a month), and I was so disappointed by it. It was my first claimed WOW-killer and I got burned bad.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:24 AM

Site Staff - News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
They cut out four of the six cities! This was especially egregious when thee entire reason the Chaos faction was together was to capture the high elf capitol. It was the first game I ever quit WoW for (for about a month), and I was so disappointed by it. It was my first claimed WOW-killer and I got burned bad.
Yeah, which made me not get the game on release. If they had kept the cities, I probably would have. Especially since I wanted to see the Dwarf one (Dwarf being the only race that really interests me in Warhammer).

I did try it a few months later through a free trial, but different issues kept me from playing with it full time. Forget what most of those are, I think one was the leveling curve, the other was the lack of people in the areas I wanted to level in.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:15 AM

Hypersensitive

Quote:
Did they do that during beta? I kind of remember reading some stuff about some of their cut features but I was never really interested in the game to begin with, so I didn't really follow it much. I did download the trial a couple years after, but the Dwarven starting place didn't really seem interesting to me, and combat felt floaty, so I quit after like a day.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Aaaah, the early days of MMO's when we were young and gullible and thought the genre could evolve beyond WoW.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 PM

Site Staff - News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia View Post
Did they do that during beta? I kind of remember reading some stuff about some of their cut features but I was never really interested in the game to begin with, so I didn't really follow it much. I did download the trial a couple years after, but the Dwarven starting place didn't really seem interesting to me, and combat felt floaty, so I quit after like a day.
They admitted that about half a year before release I think, after spending at least that much time hyping how great they were going to be.

At one point they just funneled everyone, no matter race, into the Empire/Chaos leveling area because there was not enough population to justify having more than that. Though you could still travel to them if you wanted.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:08 PM

Elune

I tried Warhammer at some point and I liked it. But I never really had the time to go far in it. Wish they would simply find a way to re-release it as a 1 player MMO. Sure wouldn't be as fun but it would allow me to see more than half the first zone.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:09 PM

Hypersensitive

I'm almost sure someone is probably out there setting up(if there aren't already) private servers for it.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:45 PM

Elune

It seems like the idea of a PvP-centric mainstream MMO is pretty well dead now. I think companies are realizing by and large that linear growth and RPG stats don't work very well if you want to build your experience around competitive play, and that it's much more of a binary choice than they realized.

Tags
damn cubes, general thread, literally video games, video games, wololo