Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Default Mid Lev Content.....

Any one ever noticed the lack of mid level content...its seems like around mid 30s u run out of crap to do, again in the 40s....Then I was thinking there really isnt that many mid lev zones...It seems to me if I was incharge of a new race i wouldnt just stop at lev 20...I would put a little more into it then that. Prob around the high 30s so it would be easy for people to level and not get frustrated at these hell levels...

what do you guys think?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:49 PM

Ranger

The lack of content between 30 and 50 is actually what turned me off of the game. It became a chore to find places to level. If I was designing the game I would definately have put in more midelvel zones to make levelling more interesting
-I tread the path of Righteousness. Though it be paved with broken glass, I shall walk it barefoot; though it crosses rivers of fire, I will pass over them; though it wanders wide, the light of the Emperor guides my step.

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt
Old 03-28-2007, 07:02 PM

Priestess of the Moon

I never really had a problem with mid level content; what I dislike is between 55 - 60. Back in the day I got by by doing Scholomance and Stratholme and so forth, but now that the expansion is out its next to impossible to find groups for my alts, so grinding is what I must do (alas!)

They did say pre-bc that the expansion would offer more content for lower levels, but I guess Blizzard forgot about it Or just couldnt be bothered.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:16 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

IMO Blizzard is far too focused to high level content, considering many people level to 60/70 and then roll a new character.

Mid levels are the most fun. You don't have to run the same instances 89105798567304967093257409734907645760937604967579 05867056776098430670349867456707094803497596737409 769084 times.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:03 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Yeah, it's what prevents me from leveling alts beyond 30/40 most of the time I'm so sick of STV and Tanaris that it's rediculous. They need real alternatives to those, not "well this zone is the right level but we didn't put enough quests in to get you far"
Old 03-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Sentinel Queen
Send a message via AIM to Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Yeah, it's what prevents me from leveling alts beyond 30/40 most of the time I'm so sick of STV and Tanaris that it's rediculous. They need real alternatives to those, not "well this zone is the right level but we didn't put enough quests in to get you far"
Agreed.

I think Blizzard needs to take a patch and fix all of the things that are broken. All those "little forgotten things I was talking about" need to be addressed with a sort of "we finally got around to actually fixing the game instead of adding what we wanted to before release and then added more."

I know this is off topic and all, but with all teh new "WoW-killers" that are coming out, I hope a lot of customers leave. This lessening of the community will have a two-fold effect. It will get rid of the whiners and the fad gamers, and it will force Blizzard to up the anty (annie?) with more ground-breaking features and an overall betterment and possible reinvention of the game. They'll need to bring their customers back. I really do hope some people leave, it'll make Blizz's head a bit smaller and hopefully make them fill in all the holes they are leaving behind.

/back on topic.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:31 PM

Eternal

Ante.

I agree that things need reevaluation. Partcularly with the expansion, we got to see how far Blizzard has come. Comparing the new models to the old ones is just depressing. There probably will come a time when they rejuvenate the game with perhaps refined models and technology, and they've said in the past that they did intend World of Warcraft to be around for a while and built the game with technological room to grow. Hopefully there will come a day when we can use our flying mounts in Azeroth. But that's a long way off.

As for the OP, naturally I completely agree. Whereas the level 1-20 zones can have you doing linear quests all the time and hold your hand from one zone to the next, levels 35-50 leave you either finished questing with nothing to do early, or you quest through a line so fast that it's next step is seven levels beyond you. They had the right idea with the Burning Crusade, adding content (through new race NPCs) to several of the old zones, but generally, these aren't very long quests. Most have maybe two or three steps tops, and advance you little. Particularly when you compare Azeroth to Outland, Outland zones are bloated with quests. The additions with 2.0 were almost lip service and I think they should be reexamined more thoroughly.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:06 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Plus there's about 10,000 more Draenei quests than Blood Elf quests.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:14 AM

Glaive Thrower

maybe next xpack will add new content for lvl 20-70,
since i don't think blizzard will add 2 new races again
Old 03-30-2007, 08:10 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Plus there's about 10,000 more Draenei quests than Blood Elf quests.
Do you mean starting quests or 20-60 quests?
Old 03-30-2007, 12:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by icy View Post
maybe next xpack will add new content for lvl 20-70,
since i don't think blizzard will add 2 new races again
I don't know about that. The problem with new mid level content is pretty self-evident. Max level vets get nothing from it, and new characters have to level through old content to get to new stuff. I think if they made new races for, say, a "Great Sea" expansion that fills in the middle of Azeroth could add a couple new races, but then don't stop the new zones at 20. They could have a few additional zones that follow out of the new races' start zones.

An expansion can't just add new content and be done with it. While new races might be a little excessive they add a new feature to the game which draws more attention than simply content. Which sucks, of course, but there it is. If they were just adding content it would beg the question: why isn't this just a patch?

Hopefully they add a new class as well, to actually make the new play experience notably different.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Grinding is teh suk.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:44 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Hey when the level cap reaches 120 you'll have plenty of mid-level content!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:27 AM

Hippogryph Rider

or they can just make lvling easier in the lvl range 30-55 with cursed uldaman and all that crap.

Bash.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:48 AM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephalim View Post
I don't know about that. The problem with new mid level content is pretty self-evident. Max level vets get nothing from it, and new characters have to level through old content to get to new stuff. I think if they made new races for, say, a "Great Sea" expansion that fills in the middle of Azeroth could add a couple new races, but then don't stop the new zones at 20. They could have a few additional zones that follow out of the new races' start zones.

An expansion can't just add new content and be done with it. While new races might be a little excessive they add a new feature to the game which draws more attention than simply content. Which sucks, of course, but there it is. If they were just adding content it would beg the question: why isn't this just a patch?

Hopefully they add a new class as well, to actually make the new play experience notably different.
They could do that, not stop at 20. Or really all they need to do is add two additional zones - 30-40 and 40-50. I think that would help a TON. I think there is still quite a bit of 20-30, but they could add that as well if they want to. But 30-50 content is terrible right now. STV is the *only* place to quest at 30-40 (the rest are such a joke that you'll get maybe 3 levels out of them) which I am sick to death of. Then Tanaris is the *only* place to quest 40-50 really (same with STV, the others are insufficient).
Old 04-19-2007, 03:50 PM

Loremaster

Amen Warlock, 40-50 is horrible.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:36 PM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

Nonsence, I have over 6 characters that are 60-70 and I have NEVER completed a SINGLE quest in STV. I mostly play alliance and I can give you a run down on where I go to level from each zone.

1-12 Elwynn Forrest
12-21 Westfall/VC
21-26 Redrige/Stockades
26-30 Duskwood
30-40 Arathi Highlands/ SM (You can grind SM over and over and over for good stuff!!!!)
From here I will either go to Badlands/Hinterlands or some of the lower level
Tanaris quests.
those should easily get you to 50-52, and at this point you can start to do EPL WPL quests if you arent a complete dumbass player.

Dont forget the instances in between. Stockades, BFD, mara, Ulda, ZF, Sunken Temple.... its easy as cake to get to 60.

Once you get to Outland 60-70 is cake. I reached level 70 in less than 2 weeks from the initial launch. No grinding, just quests and instances.

But for a lot of this to take place, you need a good active guild.
I can level a rouge/hunter/warrior to 60 in 2 weeks of casual play.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:09 AM

Elune

They should still add at least one additional 30-40 and a 40-50 zone. Badlands/SM/Tanaris grind sucks ass.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:55 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

How the hell did does anyone gain ten levels from Arathi? Place has what? ten quests? twenty quests?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:49 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
I can level a rouge/hunter/warrior to 60 in 2 weeks of casual play.
In two weeks!

How do you define casual. Thats 40-60 for me playing all day

Or mabye more like 50-60

Last edited by markellion; 04-20-2007 at 09:51 AM..
Old 04-20-2007, 12:00 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
Nonsence, I have over 6 characters that are 60-70 and I have NEVER completed a SINGLE quest in STV.

-- blah blah --

SM (You can grind SM over and over and over for good stuff!!!!)
So yeah.. you just made my point. You GRINDED out those levels in an instance. The same instance.. over and over.. that's fun?

What Yuber said is correct, Arathi doesn't have crap for quests. There are like 5, and then there are like 3 from the pirate area or something.

Also, Badlands and Hinterlands are woefully underdeveloped for quests unless you are Horde. Horde have a shit-ton of quests in Hinterlands (that are actually fun to do). I think they have a decent number in Badlands too because they have a town there, but it's still lacking.

Edit:
http://www.wowhead.com/?quests=0.45#00kzc

Removing the Arathi Basin quests from that:
Alliance: 11 + 15 (both factions) = 26
Horde: 21 + 15 = 36

That's rediculously low. And keep in mind, most of those are just chains of the same quest. Most are also ~level 40. Alliance have a grand total of *one* at level 31, then nothing until 35.

Compare that to STV:
http://www.wowhead.com/?quests=0.33

110 quests. 57 completable by both factions, with a total of 82 for Alliance and 80 for Horde. (to be fair, a handful of those are in the late 50s-60 range as you just return there for random stuff + ZG, but it's something like 10 quests..)

Last edited by Warlock; 04-20-2007 at 12:11 PM..
Old 04-20-2007, 12:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
I think they have a decent number in Badlands too because they have a town there, but it's still lacking.
There's about 5 or 6 quests for Badlands itself in Kargath. Most quests are either for Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Uldaman or Blackrock Spire Instances.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
There's about 5 or 6 quests for Badlands itself in Kargath. Most quests are either for Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, Uldaman or Blackrock Spire Instances.
That's right.. I didn't quest there on my Horde, that's why I wasn't sure.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:07 PM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

Quote:
So yeah.. you just made my point. You GRINDED out those levels in an instance. The same instance.. over and over.. that's fun?

What Yuber said is correct, Arathi doesn't have crap for quests. There are like 5, and then there are like 3 from the pirate area or something.

Also, Badlands and Hinterlands are woefully underdeveloped for quests unless you are Horde. Horde have a shit-ton of quests in Hinterlands (that are actually fun to do). I think they have a decent number in Badlands too because they have a town there, but it's still lacking.

Edit:
http://www.wowhead.com/?quests=0.45#00kzc

Removing the Arathi Basin quests from that:
Alliance: 11 + 15 (both factions) = 26
Horde: 21 + 15 = 36

That's rediculously low. And keep in mind, most of those are just chains of the same quest. Most are also ~level 40. Alliance have a grand total of *one* at level 31, then nothing until 35.

Compare that to STV:
http://www.wowhead.com/?quests=0.33

110 quests. 57 completable by both factions, with a total of 82 for Alliance and 80 for Horde. (to be fair, a handful of those are in the late 50s-60 range as you just return there for random stuff + ZG, but it's something like 10 quests..)
I will complete all the quests in the 3 zones, its really not that bad at all. I dont understand, i never actually GRIND mobs unless im looking for a particular drop. Works well for me. Join me sometime on a new character and I will have level 20 in a matter of 4 hours. AFter than its cake if you get the gear from instances. ive done the levels soo many times, I can collect every quest from a zone and complete like 2-3-4 at the same time. thats where the exp comes in that short of time. You have to know what you are doing and know what to expect and look for from each quest. I can prolly tell you almost every quest from all those zones by heart..... I was just saying what works well for me. STV seems bad because its where the horde and alliance high levels go to gank the newbie questers.... thats why I hate that zone.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:40 AM

Priestess of the Moon

I loved STV when I first went there; such a awesome atmosphere with Booty Bay surrounded by coastline and jungle and the abundance of quests means you level quite fast if you know what your doing (which I didn't first time around but still.) After the third or fourth time though, it just gets tedious, and I can see why people want a change. Even adding a few more quests in places like desolace and the badlands would be decent.