Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-11-2007, 07:45 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Default Can(or will) Sargeras revive himself?

Heh, I have wonder if someone(or if the dark titan himself) can be revived from death? And do you think Blizzard will revive him in the future?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:51 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

There is a 95% chance that his revival will be the ultimate testimony that Warcraft has jumped the shark.

On other words: If blizzard gets desperate, he'll be back.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

And of course, the Old Gods did it.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 AM

Priestess of the Moon

well as far as lore is concerned it is a possibility. Basically if i recally correctly he would return If he ever gets access to a form that can hold his powers.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:57 AM

Elune

Well, he needs to get his spirit back from the Abyss as well, that's not really easy.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:57 AM

I'm sure Blizzard will find a way.
After all they did sort of do something attributed to him with that whole Atiesh demon dual wielding inter dimensional phaser swords or whatever.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:00 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timolas View Post
I'm sure Blizzard will find a way.
After all they did sort of do something attributed to him with that whole Atiesh demon dual wielding inter dimensional phaser swords or whatever.
That was (if i understand correctly) a piece of his essence, in no way related to his soul anymore, simply wanting to destroy everything it sees.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
That was (if i understand correctly) a piece of his essence, in no way related to his soul anymore, simply wanting to destroy everything it sees.
Gee, what an original plot twist. Which I could have thought of that.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:22 AM

Arch-Druid

Man, what a bunch of whiners. Back in my day, we ate bark and we were HAPPY about it.

But, Sargeras will probably return, but will never set his foot on Azeroth.
Probably.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:55 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
well as far as lore is concerned it is a possibility. Basically if i recally correctly he would return If he ever gets access to a form that can hold his powers.
Yes, it is possible. Although we don't really know any details about how one can return from the Abyss. Which ultimately boils down to: if Blizzard wants to do it, they will be able to justify it.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Villians like Sargaras you can never hold back; the problem is not whether he can come back or not since he can (Blizzard would find a way) but what would be the point if he did? Not only is Kil`jaedan filling in his role well as leader of the Legion (if not doing a better job) but at the same time his return would pretty much seal the fate of the good guys, something that Blizzard wouldn't do.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:08 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Sargeras is silly.

Leave him dead.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:20 PM

Hippogryph Rider

The Legion doesn’t really seem intent on finding him or bringing him back to life from what I can see, they are pretty much doing there own thing...

So if said Sargeras does come back not only doest it spell doom for all Good guys but bad guys "Legion". So your pretty much screwed either way. Sargeras is pretty much the Omega Bad Guy meaning the END of pretty much everything you can think of in Warcraft...You would see a alliance like nothing you have ever dreamed of to fight that thing and we would still need help.....
Old 04-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Loremaster

Something might get possessed by his spirit, but without his body he's almost powerless. That's why he wanted to get Gul'dan to open the Tomb, so that he could get his body and power back. And since what was left of his body was destroyed in The Frozen Throne....well that's the end it seems.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 PM

Loremaster

It's always possible that some time in the future the efforts to resist the Legion might also turn toward an effort to restore and redeem the spirit of the fallen Titan. A sort of "restore a necessary part of creation to restore the balance upset by his betrayal" thing. Thus, we wouldn't necessarily be faced with the revival of the Dark Titan, but rather an attempt to restore and empower a champion of Order to the universe. Such could perhaps be a step in truly pushing back the Legion and even subduing the servants of the Shadow, the Old Gods and maybe other evils we've yet to encounter at this time. It could be that Sargeras' role in the Pantheon was part of a vital universal mechanism that was disrupted by his corruption and needs to be set right before the damage can truly start to be be undone. Such an idea could also be utilized to reveal just what really caused him to fall into darkness in the first place, since that particular cause-and-effect is left rather unspecific at the moment, and I'm not willing to just accept that "he went crazy and changed his mind for no good reason" just yet. The rest of the Pantheon didn't succumb to it, so as far as I'm concerned, something must have caused him to specifically be "targeted" for corruption in some way.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:06 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuli View Post
Something might get possessed by his spirit, but without his body he's almost powerless. That's why he wanted to get Gul'dan to open the Tomb, so that he could get his body and power back. And since what was left of his body was destroyed in The Frozen Throne....well that's the end it seems.
There's always other titans out there to posses.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:07 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900 View Post
There's always other titans out there to posses.
DAMN YOU MYZRAEL!