Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-13-2005, 04:57 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Default Lore Questions

This is what I don’t get Darnassus Night Elves, Worship Elune not Cenarius, the Cenarion Circle worships Cenarius. So how come The Cenarion Circle is neutral to the horde...They should hate them not Darnassus. I could never get that it made no sense to me what so ever and I still don’t get it.

And where the hell is all the Dark trolls aren’t they supposed to be in the Ashenvale area somewhere. Where the hell are all of them god damn it. How can a whole race of trolls just be hiding somewhere?

What the hell is up with gnomes, I find Gnomes one of the most disappointing races of all. There is like absolutely no lore on them at all. Yet blizzard doesn’t want to reval anything about the new alliance race cuz not all the lore has been flushed out…. Ummm gnome’s wtf guys, talk about half assing it.

What the hell are Fairy Dragons? Are they cross breed between some dragon and fairy? And if so where are the Fairies

Where are all the male Harpies?

What the hell are the Tothrazim.

That’s all I can think of at the moment..

Last edited by Beowulf; 11-13-2005 at 05:27 PM..
Old 11-13-2005, 05:56 PM

Banished

The only one of those questions I can answer is the harpy one, basically they capture men, rape them, and kill them. Then more harpys are born. I also believe that Gnomes think that they share heritage with the dwarfs, but don't put the effort into finding out that the dwarves do.

The Dark Trolls being gone always kind of bothered me as well, but we might see them in Hyjal. They were the meanest, toughest trolls around, supposebly. Heres to hoping.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:34 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
This is what I don’t get Darnassus Night Elves, Worship Elune not Cenarius, the Cenarion Circle worships Cenarius. So how come The Cenarion Circle is neutral to the horde...They should hate them not Darnassus. I could never get that it made no sense to me what so ever and I still don’t get it.
How does the Cenarion Circle hate Darnassus? The Cenarion Circle is neutral for both sides because the Cenarion Circle isn't political,they don't mingle themselves into the affairs between the Alliance and the Horde. The only thing they care about is helping nature florish.

The Faerie Dragons are just creatures that live in the Emerald Dream for the most part. And they have nothing to do with the real dragons. Some of them are in the real world though. But they are just mostly inhabitents from the Dream

Blizzard reason to not reveal the Alliance race isn't because of lore only. It is mostly about them not having all art yet and no starter zones. They won't reveal the race till they have something to show.

The Tothrezim are distant cousins of the Nathrezim. Only they serve on the background instead of in the front of the battleground. They are the constructors of the Infernals.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:42 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablamar
How does the Cenarion Circle hate Darnassus? The Cenarion Circle is neutral for both sides because the Cenarion Circle isn't political,they don't mingle themselves into the affairs between the Alliance and the Horde. The only thing they care about is helping nature florish.
Where did I say the Cenarion Circle hates Darnassus? Did you even read what i said ..I SAID i dont get how the Cenarion Circle is Neutral to the Horde when they killed Cenarius. Pay attention
Old 11-13-2005, 06:57 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Where did I say the Cenarion Circle hates Darnassus? Did you even read what i said ..I SAID i dont get how the Cenarion Circle is Neutral to the Horde when they killed Cenarius. Pay attention
Here is what you said. It wasn't very readable.

Quote:
They should hate them not Darnassus.
Maybe you should pay attention to what you write, geez. Anyway, I have explained why they are neutral to the Horde. They aren't political as the rest of the Alliance. They do understand why Grom killed Cenarius.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:39 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Here is what you said. It wasn't very readable.

Maybe you should pay attention to what you write, geez. Anyway, I have explained why they are neutral to the Horde. They aren't political as the rest of the Alliance. They do understand why Grom killed Cenarius.
Oh yeah where does it say that? Oh its ok you killed our Demi God that’s cool you just drank some blood and went a little ape shit. And we wont pay any attention on what your doing to Ashenvale at the moment either...I believe it was you that said there job is to make nature flourish...umm so why would they want the people destroying it helping them. Makes no sense

It’s a F-up in lore and makes no sense what so ever. They couldn’t make Circle alliance only faction because in some zones they’re the only ones fighting. Rather then be creative and have another horde nature faction for Cows. They just put them all in the Circle and say its Neutral to both the Horde and Alliance. When the friggin orcs are right down the road deforesting the land that there trying to keep alive.

Last edited by Beowulf; 11-13-2005 at 07:56 PM..
Old 11-13-2005, 08:04 PM

Loremaster

Worrying about few orcs chopping down trees while the Qiraji are about to attack, is equal to worrying about a stain on your shirt when your house is on fire.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:14 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki
Worrying about few orcs chopping down trees while the Qiraji are about to attack, is equal to worrying about a stain on your shirt when your house is on fire.
True but I still think its half assed they could have made a special Cow faction. Its like somebody you cared for very dearly and looked up too gets murdered, and the killer gets off because they went crazy for a bit. I mean come on.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:23 PM

Demon Hunter

Actually, Cenarius initiated the attack in the first place. In doing so he forced Grom (along with the luring magics of the blood) to seek a way to defeat his powerful new foe. I can understand why Cenarius attaked Grom, but how was the Warsong clan to know they were in a sacred forest? The Horde was in totally new lands which they knew nothing of. The whole conflict was a result of a misunderstanding between two sides who knew little about each other.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:40 PM

Hippogryph Rider

But the warsong is still cutting down the forest. It just doesnt make sense to me . But whatever
Old 11-13-2005, 10:53 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

There's that Tribe of Dark Trolls inbetween Moonglade and Auberdine.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:19 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenclaw2099
Actually, Cenarius initiated the attack in the first place. In doing so he forced Grom (along with the luring magics of the blood) to seek a way to defeat his powerful new foe. I can understand why Cenarius attaked Grom, but how was the Warsong clan to know they were in a sacred forest? The Horde was in totally new lands which they knew nothing of. The whole conflict was a result of a misunderstanding between two sides who knew little about each other.
Well actually, the Warsong Clan fought against the Night Elves, prior to the Cenarius conflict.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:36 AM

Druid of the Talon

Beowulf, somthing I noticed in your posts is that you seem hostile towards Tauren. Why is that?

And also, as to the reason because the Cenarion Circle is neutral to the Horde is because of the Tauren. The leaders of the Cenarion Circle saw during the war against Archimonde and the Leigon, that the Tauren share a special bond with nature and taught them druidic ways. Notice how Tauren are the only Druids on the Horde? The original leaders of the Circle DON'T trust the Horde fully but do to the Tauren Druids, they have been neutral.
The Tauren and the Orcs share a pact that they fufill with great pride. Just because they've learned new teachings does not mean they'd forsake their friends.

So its like this. The Tauren and Night Elves share a common bond with Nature. Night Elves have studied Cenarius's teachings on Druidism for thousands of years. At the battle of Mount Hyjal and the gathering of the races of Azeroth, the Night Elves saw that the Tauren shared a very similar bond with Nature. It was then that the Cenarian Circle allowed those Tauren that shared a great bond with Nature to join the Circle and teach them Druidism and Cenarius's teachings. Do to the new Tauren Druids, the Cenarian Circle has flourished and cultural exchange between two races that have never even seen before erupted. It was amazing at how both the Tauren and Night Elf's views on Nature were very similar yet at the same time held several differences. Now, like Albamar said, the Circle is not Political like the Alliance or even the Horde for that matter. They remain neutral to both factions do to the bonds of fellowship they have to different races and so that they may protect nature and Cenarius's teachings.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:09 PM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
The Faerie Dragons are just creatures that live in the Emerald Dream for the most part. And they have nothing to do with the real dragons. Some of them are in the real world though. But they are just mostly inhabitents from the Dream.
Faerie Dragons show up as Dragonkin, so I suspect that they're related to Ysera at least as much as her other Dragonspawn.
Confusing the hell out of those on this forum."
Old 11-14-2005, 12:40 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadScottsman
Faerie Dragons show up as Dragonkin, so I suspect that they're related to Ysera at least as much as her other Dragonspawn.
Well they are related to her as being a species that lives in the Emerald Dream. A bear and a tiger get classified as beast in the game, but they aren't related either. I am just saying that a tag is just a tag. Of course I can be wrong about this. I am trying to find more information about the Faerie Dragon at this very moment, so far no real results. I just think that Nether Dragons will be classified as Dragonkin as well, eventhough they have no connection with any dragonflight.

Not good enough proof, but better than nothing. As from Warcraft 3:
"Small, quick flying unit, effective against enemy casters. Though not actual Dragons, these mystical looking creatures police the Emerald Dream from magic. As such, they are immune to magic. Attacks land and air units."
Old 11-14-2005, 01:33 PM

Glaive Thrower

Some quips and other sorts of thoughts to clear things up.

Bears and Tigers are actually both in the family Carnivoria. That makes them a hell of a lot more similar than say a bear and a whale, or a mouse and a tiger. That's really beside the point though, all the animals you can hunt are classified as beasts.

The faerie dragons are a creature from the dreaming that show up in healthy forests. I think we are all familiar with the idea that nature and the emerald dream are very connected. So basically these sprites come into our world and take the form of dragon-ish creatures.

Moving on, the Cenarion Circle is neutral. It worships Cenarius but part of worshiping Cenarius is worshiping Malorne (or Arap'o, if you are Tauren). The White Stag, father of Cenarius, was about loving even your most hated enemy. Does it not make sense then that the worshippers of Cenarius would want to remember him as something great, and move on to more important issues?

Lastly, the Tauren were taught druidic ways from Cenarius perhaps before the elves were. Perhaps at the same time... It's hard to tell as Blizzard doesn't have a set timeline on this. The thing is when the Legion first invaded 10,000 years ago, the world drastically changed. It is thought that around then the Shu'halo...err... Tauren lost their druidic ways. They no longer could listen to the trees or rocks. Now they began their ancestor worship which lead to a shamanistic culture. In so, the Tauren once were Hunters, the Druids, then Shaman in culture. They now retain aspects of all three cultures unified as one. Note, Mulgore was a land that the Tauren tribes collectivley came to live in. It is, for all intents and purposes, a new home for the Tauren, one that unifies their diverse cultures into one greater one.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:27 PM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

Exclamation Lol!

Quote:
LOL! I think I wet myself.......

I have a lore question that may seem stupid to some but I dont remember much about the Queen Azshara. I know she jet when the first war happened and became part of the naga or something. I remember in the TFT campaign that thet had a statue of her with a tail, but i dont remeber anything else about her. Did she become Lady Vashj??? I know it may be a stupid question but my memory is shit from time to time. What happened to her??
Old 11-14-2005, 02:37 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Aszhara is still alvive dow in Nazashar or whatever, Vasj was her chief handmaiden and had a fantical devotion to her, she was also the most magicly powerful of the Handmaidens even though Illidan said he was beyond her. Even though she could wipe him in a 1v1 fight in TFT, but such is the way of lore.....
Old 11-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford
LOL! I think I wet myself.......

I have a lore question that may seem stupid to some but I dont remember much about the Queen Azshara. I know she jet when the first war happened and became part of the naga or something. I remember in the TFT campaign that thet had a statue of her with a tail, but i dont remeber anything else about her. Did she become Lady Vashj??? I know it may be a stupid question but my memory is shit from time to time. What happened to her??
Nope, Lady Vashj is her "maid". Azshara is still queen only of the Naga. She lives in Nazjatar which is in the sea near the Maelstrom (I think it was around the eye of the Maelstrom).
Old 11-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Banished

I have a lore question. Before WoW, was there any information on what was in Silithus? My RPG books really don't say anything about the place.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:34 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Horrible Monster
I have a lore question. Before WoW, was there any information on what was in Silithus? My RPG books really don't say anything about the place.
I have all RPG books and they didn't discuss what was there. The first RPG book only mentioned the name of the zone, nothing else. The new Manual of Monsters for WoW will probably mention more about the Silithid, and so should Lands of Mystery.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:49 PM

Loremaster

Well Lands of Mystery MIGHT have information on Sillithus, but according to Luke Johnson the devloper, it will not have information on Ahn'Qiraj. But juicy info on Azjol'Nerub and the Nerubians!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 07:54 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Well Lands of Mystery MIGHT have information on Sillithus, but according to Luke Johnson the devloper, it will not have information on Ahn'Qiraj. But juicy info on Azjol'Nerub and the Nerubians!!!
Now thats what i like to hear! I could care less about sillithus.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:17 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Well actually, the Warsong Clan fought against the Night Elves, prior to the Cenarius conflict.
I think you may be right on that, I do not remember when the Orcs and Night Elves first clashed in War 3. Even so, I doubt Grom, or Thrall for that matter, new anything about Ashenvale's sacred reputation or of Cenarius. They just saw it as a means for resources for their campaign (and the founding of Orgrimmar).

And yes, more info on Az'jol Nerub and its denizens would be awesome.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:14 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Yep, and that rocksm Nerubians wins 55 internets, i actually like to compare them to High elves, their situations are pretty similar to each other.