Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 01-21-2014, 07:20 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
I agree.....
But you know what's coming eventually via AUs, right?

His name starts with an I, and he is every noob lore fan's favorite for some reason.

Quote:
Who would even meet themselves, hypothetically? Who in Warlords of Draenor who is around would have been alive and on Draenor in that era, and still alive (and relevant) now? Maraad? Saurfang? Maybe even Velen?
Today 07:14 PM
Suddenly want to see 2 Saurfangs pwning an army of Iron Horde. Or AU Maraad being disappointed in MU Maraad for losing sight of 'the path of the naaru' or some shit, and focusing on vengeance.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 01-21-2014, 07:23 PM

Elune

Makes me wonder what Saurfang would have even been like in his younger years, though I'm not sure I want to know. I'd rather have entirely new characters established, to be entirely honest. The concept of multiple characters doesn't really tickle my fancy.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:42 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Suddenly want to see 2 Saurfangs pwning an army of Iron Horde.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
Makes me wonder what Saurfang would have even been like in his younger years, though I'm not sure I want to know.
A younger, more bloodthirsty Saurfang serving the Iron Horde? My mind is already thinking Erwin Rommel.

Blame Godwin's Law.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 01-21-2014 at 07:45 PM..
Old 01-21-2014, 07:44 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
A younger, more bloodthirsty Saurfang serving the Iron Horde? My mind is already thinking Erwin Rommel.

Blame Godwin's Law.
Rommel wasn't a Nazi, so...
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 01-21-2014, 07:45 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Rommel wasn't a Nazi, so...
Rommel was a pretty cool guy infact.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
And then said character fucks his own AU Mother and becomes his own father.

And don't fool yourself; there will be RPers who actually DO that sort of shit. *shudder*

This is why I hate time travel wibby wobbly bullshit.
I believe the more exciting part about this is roleplayers can now go back to the past and kill those that wronged them, the guy that killed your parents or whatever kill your uncle for whatever reason.

I hope we see Mankrik (MU) reunite with his wife (AU)

Last edited by Gurzog; 01-21-2014 at 08:51 PM..
Old 01-21-2014, 09:28 PM

The sneaky Mechanic

Quote:
I want to see old Saurfang berating his younger self or younger brother for being part of the Iron Horde only for them to turn around and drop his own line on him.

"Not join in on glorious battle? Honour, old man. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it!"

That or the Saurfangs being with Doomhammer who is most likely going to end up with the Frostwolves and the Horde is a Ravencrest-esque story.

As to people coming back, there was a thread recently with people discussing which chieftains they thought would survive Warlords and maybe even enter Azeroth. The most popular one by far was Gul'dan and I think there having him back could actually benefit the lore. Let's say the next expansion is finally Azshara, a subplot with AU Gul'dan recovering his own skull and continuing his work would be a nice tie-in to a later Burning Legion expansion.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:13 AM

Ashbringer
BattleTag: Montoya#1769

The big question no one has answered: is there an AU Legion? Or is there one Sargeras that transcends it all via Twisting Nether?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:26 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
The big question no one has answered: is there an AU Legion? Or is there one Sargeras that transcends it all via Twisting Nether?
If it's the latter, then we have a VERY BUSY Kil'jaeden and Sargeras who've done the same tricks over and over again to recruit Ner'zhul, Gul'dan, Illidan, and to possess Medivh in the hopes that this time the scheme's gonna work!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:28 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
That's the question on my mind as well.

If there is but one Legion, then in my mind that makes WoD all the more relevant to MU. Beings like Sargeras and Kil'jaeden may be powerful enough to transcend timelines. Personally, I hope there's only one Legion between the two timelines.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:28 AM

Banished

Quote:
I'm hoping the Legion/Twisting Nether are beyond this AU bullshit.

It seems silly having 2 Kil'jaeden's and 2 Sargeras'.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:31 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
I'm hoping the Legion/Twisting Nether are beyond this AU bullshit.

It seems silly having 2 Kil'jaeden's and 2 Sargeras'.
But if there is only one Legion, then how long before Sargeras figures out that the "let Aegwynn kill me so I can possess Medivh and we'll use him to bring over orcs to destroy the world and then the warlocks will control them as our servants" is a stupid idea that never works?

Ditto for the "let's keep Ner'zhul alive to command an undead Scourge for us that'll definitely never work against the Legion's interests" plan.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:33 AM

Banished

Quote:
But if there is only one Legion, then how long before Sargeras figures out that the "let Aegwynn kill me so I can possess Medivh and we'll use him to bring over orcs to destroy the world and then the warlocks will control them as our servants" is a stupid idea that never works?

Ditto for the "let's keep Ner'zhul alive to command an undead Scourge for us that'll definitely never work against the Legion's interests" plan.
I guess that could be explained with Blizzard's logic/defense they've used for WoD, with "it can't/won't effect our past but it CAN effect our future."
Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 AM

Elune

I don't want a duplicate Legion. Just don't want.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:39 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:

Indeed. Set up for temporal distortion expansion? They said that our timeline won't be affected in this expansion, that this wasn't a timey wimey sort of expansion, but what about the next one? This expansion is supposed to set up the next one.

Or, perhaps they only find out in the present. It may be that the Draenor of olden days has been brought to the present, meaning that Gul'dan is trying to win the favor of a Kil'Jaeden who has already been down this road. Of course, Kil'jaeden will still want these AU Draenei destroyed, but who knows what his plans would be after that. It opens up some possibilities for a Legion expansion to be sure.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:48 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
AU Draenei
You've reminded me that multiple Velens is confirmed already.

. . . . .

See, if I were Sargeras? I'd make an entire army of Archimondes to conquer the universes in turn. Special rule: ONLY ONE ARCHIMONDE AT A TIME IS ALLOWED TO CLIMB A WORLD TREE!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:52 AM

Eternal

Quote:
You've reminded me that multiple Velens is confirmed already.

. . . . .

See, if I were Sargeras? I'd make an entire army of Archimondes to conquer the universes one at a time.
Ah, but is it possible that Archimonde and Kil'jaeden transcends timelines as well? They both were given a great deal of power by Sargeras, meaning that unlike Velen and the Draenei, they could be above all this. Re-read Rise of the Horde last month, and the descriptions of their power don't rule it out.

That and what was it, Prince Malchezar having all timelines open to him in Karazhan?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:54 AM

Banished

Quote:
Ah, but is it possible that Archimonde and Kil'jaeden transcends timelines as well? They both were given a great deal of power by Sargeras, meaning that unlike Velen and the Draenei, they could be above all this. Re-read Rise of the Horde last month, and the descriptions of their power don't rule it out.

That and what was it, Prince Malchezar having all timelines open to him in Karazhan?
Exactly my thoughts, great post.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Gais, it's not a story about parallel universes, it's a story about Draenor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Exactly.

SO I WANT NO WORDS ABOUT A FEL ALLIANCE! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?

*ahem*
Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Draenor is now Outland. We had a story there, it was called TBC.

If they want to have a story about the Draenor that existed in the PAST then the only way to do that IS timetravel/parallel universe.

I don't know why this seems to hard to grasp for Blizzard, they don't seem to get why some people don't like their explaination. Because it makes no fucking sense.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:10 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
But at some point in time before the Legion approached them, Velen was equal to Kil'jaeden and Archimonde.

If Garrosh had decided to play Warlords of Argus and gone back to stop the draenei from agreeing to Sargeras's terms, then wouldn't you expect to find alternative versions of Kil'jaeden and Archimonde just as easily as an alternative version of Velen?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:17 AM

Elune

Quote:
But at some point in time before the Legion approached them, Velen was equal to Kil'jaeden and Archimonde.

If Garrosh had decided to play Warlords of Argus and gone back to stop the draenei from agreeing to Sargeras's terms, then wouldn't you expect to find alternative versions of Kil'jaeden and Archimonde just as easily as an alternative version of Velen?
Of course, that's because they would all be on the same planet anyways. But out of the AU only Draenor got plucked out and thrown into the MU (with the Dark Portal as a medium), I see the AU Draenor as a pocket dimension, everything outside of it (AU Azeroth, Twisting Nether with Sargeras and Kil'Jaedan etc.) didn't get taken to the main universe.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:20 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
Of course, that's because they would all be on the same planet anyways. But out of the AU only Draenor got plucked out and thrown into the MU (with the Dark Portal as a medium), I see the AU Draenor as a pocket dimension, everything outside of it (AU Azeroth, Twisting Nether with Sargeras and Kil'Jaedan etc.) didn't get taken to the main universe.
So... so there's zero chance of AU Draenor invading Azeroth, and something about the orcs' biological differences causes Thrall to die at infancy, which leads to the King Blackmoore timeline which interestingly enough went through the Roaring Twenties with no Scourge and no Burning Legion interventions?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
So... so there's zero chance of AU Draenor invading Azeroth, and something about the orcs' biological differences causes Thrall to die at infancy, which leads to the King Blackmoore timeline which interestingly enough went through the Roaring Twenties with no Scourge and no Burning Legion interventions?
Nononono, just that ONLY AU Draenor got pulled to Azeroth, no AU space or AU Azeroth attached. Kairoz had that special item from the Timeless Isle, it's different than your average timetravel of Bronze Dragons.

Tags
alternate reality, warlocks of draenor