Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-13-2014, 08:03 PM

Elune

Default The Adherents and the Outcasts

Hi. I signed up to ask this question because it's been bothering me about the Arakkoa.

Obviously the Adherents aren't nice dudes. However, why would we help the Outcasts? The Outcasts introduce themselves through means of trickery and subterfuge. Can we really trust them? Is there something I'm missing?
Old 12-13-2014, 10:34 PM

World Builder

Because they're useful to us, the Outcasts are less of a threat to our interest than the adherents and their deadly sun laser are.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-13-2014, 11:07 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Hi. I signed up to ask this question because it's been bothering me about the Arakkoa.

Obviously the Adherents aren't nice dudes. However, why would we help the Outcasts? The Outcasts introduce themselves through means of trickery and subterfuge. Can we really trust them? Is there something I'm missing?
Well, the Outcasts (or more specifically, Iskar) introduce themselves through trickery and subterfuge because nearly everyone on Draenor is trying to kill them, and as the players are an unknown quantity at the time, he wants to assess the players' intentions before revealing himself and exposing the other Outcasts to us.

It is however encouraging that a number of them seem earnestly impressed and intrigued by the players' willingness to fight on behalf of those who can't fight for themselves - perhaps because their own society is itself a refuge for those Arakkoa who can't fend for themselves after they've been cast down by the Adherents.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Well, the Outcasts (or more specifically, Iskar) introduce themselves through trickery and subterfuge because nearly everyone on Draenor is trying to kill them, and as the players are an unknown quantity at the time, he wants to assess the players' intentions before revealing himself and exposing the other Outcasts to us.

It is however encouraging that a number of them seem earnestly impressed and intrigued by the players' willingness to fight on behalf of those who can't fight for themselves - perhaps because their own society is itself a refuge for those Arakkoa who can't fend for themselves after they've been cast down by the Adherents.
That makes sense. To me they just feel like the Klaxxi. By that I mean right now we're helping them but later they might betray us because it's more convenient for them to do and will help them in some way.

To be clear I don't think either faction of a Arakkoa is what I would call trust worthy.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:10 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

The Outcasts are not meant to be trustworthy. I mean, they're the same guys we fought in tBC, quite literally in multiple cases. We allied with them because we needed allies, and unlike the Adherents of Rukhmar, the Outcasts were open for such an alliance.

We're reminded of who those people really are when it's time to summon Terokk. Raastok wants to do it the same way it was done in tBC, which would result in an evil, insane and vengeful god. However, we rescued Reshad, which changes the timeline - Reshad changes the ritual and makes you an avatar of Terokk, after purifying the disembodied king's mind.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
The Outcasts are not meant to be trustworthy. I mean, they're the same guys we fought in tBC, quite literally in multiple cases. We allied with them because we needed allies, and unlike the Adherents of Rukhmar, the Outcasts were open for such an alliance.

We're reminded of who those people really are when it's time to summon Terokk. Raastok wants to do it the same way it was done in tBC, which would result in an evil, insane and vengeful god. However, we rescued Reshad, which changes the timeline - Reshad changes the ritual and makes you an avatar of Terokk, after purifying the disembodied king's mind.
Thinking about them in TBC vs WoD is one of the reasons that came to mind.

I'm not arguing the morality of the Outcasts, more that as a Horde/Alliance player, why should I trust them? It seems to be pretty uniformly agreed that, hey we probably shouldn't. The Arakkoa are interesting because of that.