Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default The Adherents and the Outcasts

Hi. I signed up to ask this question because it's been bothering me about the Arakkoa.

Obviously the Adherents aren't nice dudes. However, why would we help the Outcasts? The Outcasts introduce themselves through means of trickery and subterfuge. Can we really trust them? Is there something I'm missing?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,534

Default

Because they're useful to us, the Outcasts are less of a threat to our interest than the adherents and their deadly sun laser are.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-13-2014, 11:07 PM
ARM3481 ARM3481 is offline

Loremaster
ARM3481's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,572

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Hi. I signed up to ask this question because it's been bothering me about the Arakkoa.

Obviously the Adherents aren't nice dudes. However, why would we help the Outcasts? The Outcasts introduce themselves through means of trickery and subterfuge. Can we really trust them? Is there something I'm missing?
Well, the Outcasts (or more specifically, Iskar) introduce themselves through trickery and subterfuge because nearly everyone on Draenor is trying to kill them, and as the players are an unknown quantity at the time, he wants to assess the players' intentions before revealing himself and exposing the other Outcasts to us.

It is however encouraging that a number of them seem earnestly impressed and intrigued by the players' willingness to fight on behalf of those who can't fight for themselves - perhaps because their own society is itself a refuge for those Arakkoa who can't fend for themselves after they've been cast down by the Adherents.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Well, the Outcasts (or more specifically, Iskar) introduce themselves through trickery and subterfuge because nearly everyone on Draenor is trying to kill them, and as the players are an unknown quantity at the time, he wants to assess the players' intentions before revealing himself and exposing the other Outcasts to us.

It is however encouraging that a number of them seem earnestly impressed and intrigued by the players' willingness to fight on behalf of those who can't fight for themselves - perhaps because their own society is itself a refuge for those Arakkoa who can't fend for themselves after they've been cast down by the Adherents.
That makes sense. To me they just feel like the Klaxxi. By that I mean right now we're helping them but later they might betray us because it's more convenient for them to do and will help them in some way.

To be clear I don't think either faction of a Arakkoa is what I would call trust worthy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Xarthat Xarthat is offline

Eternal
Xarthat's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Second World Shithole
Posts: 3,864
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Default

The Outcasts are not meant to be trustworthy. I mean, they're the same guys we fought in tBC, quite literally in multiple cases. We allied with them because we needed allies, and unlike the Adherents of Rukhmar, the Outcasts were open for such an alliance.

We're reminded of who those people really are when it's time to summon Terokk. Raastok wants to do it the same way it was done in tBC, which would result in an evil, insane and vengeful god. However, we rescued Reshad, which changes the timeline - Reshad changes the ritual and makes you an avatar of Terokk, after purifying the disembodied king's mind.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,261

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
The Outcasts are not meant to be trustworthy. I mean, they're the same guys we fought in tBC, quite literally in multiple cases. We allied with them because we needed allies, and unlike the Adherents of Rukhmar, the Outcasts were open for such an alliance.

We're reminded of who those people really are when it's time to summon Terokk. Raastok wants to do it the same way it was done in tBC, which would result in an evil, insane and vengeful god. However, we rescued Reshad, which changes the timeline - Reshad changes the ritual and makes you an avatar of Terokk, after purifying the disembodied king's mind.
Thinking about them in TBC vs WoD is one of the reasons that came to mind.

I'm not arguing the morality of the Outcasts, more that as a Horde/Alliance player, why should I trust them? It seems to be pretty uniformly agreed that, hey we probably shouldn't. The Arakkoa are interesting because of that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.