Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 PM

Ranger

Default Algalon the Oberserver

TLDR - http://www.wowwiki.com/Algalon_the_Observer
http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...;topicseen#new

So It seems that Algalon Is a "watcher" of sorts who Is trying to contact the Titans, and notify them of Yogg-Sarron whom Is breaking free from his prison, and If he does make contact the Titans will destroy Azeroth.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:40 PM

Eternal

He looks like a giant constelleration...
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 03-01-2009, 06:59 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
He looks like a giant constelleration...
Really?
Old 03-01-2009, 07:01 PM

Eternal

Yep go check the link yourself
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 03-01-2009, 07:45 PM

Demon Hunter

Looks like a Forsaken-shaped constellation. I can just imagine the discussion they had when they created the concept for him, "We ran out of time, so let's just put a new skin and funky glow effect on a male forsaken model and run with it"
Old 03-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Loremaster

Looks more like the Vrykul male spellcaster model to me. They're stooped forward similarly to the male Forsaken model, and Algalon seems to have a beard when one looks closely.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:24 AM

Arch-Druid

So in order to stop the Old Gods, the Titans are basically conducting a damage-control procedure to ensure that they will no longer pose a threat.

After typing that, I've just had a vision of us "brave adventurers" talking down an army of Titans for some loot.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 AM

Elune

The thought has been around for a while, basically since Uldaman and the "scheduled revisitation". What happens when they get back, and they're pissed off at what they see?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:35 AM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

We will build spaceships with Naarutech™ and have spacefights with the Titans!! They will surely drop epixx XD
Old 03-02-2009, 11:11 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
We will build spaceships with Naarutech™ and have spacefights with the Titans!! They will surely drop epixx XD
We'll turn against the Titans and kill them all, and then turn into space parasites and rename ourselves the Zerg!

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

And C'thun, being a giant eye, shall be our Overmind of the Curse of Flesh!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:00 PM

Eternal

It seems weird that the warcraftverse is already advancing to learn about who created them. Meanwhile, Alliance is fighting the Horde again, I don't see how all of this will come together while we fight the Lich King. It seems like things are moving too fast, the Old Gods sound more threatening than the Lich King at this point and he's supposed to be the main focus of this expansion. Now we have to worry about someone snitching to the Titans how we've all been naughty on Azeroth who will maybe/possibly destroy our planet. Oddly enough that would be something to ally with the Scourge over.

But where is it going? We whoop the Old Gods, then the Titans, probably Elune while we are at it. Then what? We kill whoever created the Titans? Does it end with a 40-man raid against Metzen?
Old 03-02-2009, 04:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
But where is it going? We whoop the Old Gods, then the Titans, probably Elune while we are at it. Then what? We kill whoever created the Titans? Does it end with a 40-man raid against Metzen?
Yes it does you also fight Samwise and the rest od sons of the storm.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 03-03-2009, 07:31 AM

Eternal

Am i the only one who thinks Brann is overreacting the fuck out of this regarding this Watcher?

Why was the first conclusion that he came up with was that the moment the titans learned of Yogg Saron´s escape, a single Old God, they would glass the planet?

The Pantheon managed to handle all 5 of them with an army of the planet´s Elementals backing them up and as far as we know one of them, C´thun, was killed by a nameless Titan that wasn´t even part of the Pantheon.

A single one of them isn´t nearly enough to provoke this kind of reaction from them, even if he managed to corrupt and turn all of Northrend´s remaining Watchers. Unless we get some actual confirmation of Brann´s outrageous speculation or that he thinks that the Titans decide to destroy the planet when they see what mess Azeroth as turned into, this feels kinda forced.

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas

Last edited by Vicious; 03-03-2009 at 07:53 AM..
Old 03-03-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Am i the only one who thinks Brann is overreacting the fuck out of this regarding this Watcher?

Why was the first conclusion that he came up with was that the moment the titans learned of Yogg Saron´s escape, a single Old God, they would glass the planet?

The Pantheon managed to handle all 5 of them with an army of the planet´s Elementals backing them up and as far as we know one of them, C´thun, was killed by a nameless Titan that didn´t even was part of the Pantheon.

A single one of them isn´t nearly enough to provoke this kind of reaction from them, even if he managed to corrupt and turn all of the Northrend´s remaining Watchers. Unless we get some actual confirmation of Brann´s outrageous speculation, this feels kinda forced.
Well, Yogg-Saron might be not that dangerous to the Titan, Alganon's message would at least push the titans to revisit Azeroth again... But if you keep in mind what else is happening in the world, I can understand his concern... Malygos dead, Nelthrarion out of his mind, Nozdormu missing, the Emerald Nightmare, the Scourge, the Burning Legion presence, the Naga etc.... All of this together might be a reason for the titans to simply start over with the planet...
Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
Well, Yogg-Saron might be not that dangerous to the Titan, Alganon's message would at least push the titans to revisit Azeroth again... But if you keep in mind what else is happening in the world, I can understand his concern... Malygos dead, Nelthrarion out of his mind, Nozdormu missing, the Emerald Nightmare, the Scourge, the Burning Legion presence, the Naga etc.... All of this together might be a reason for the titans to simply start over with the planet...
I agree with you, but like I said in the Ulduar thread : why the hell didn't Algalon warn them before ?
I realize we lack information to answer this, though.

Also, I'm not yet into all this watchers lore, so what were their appointed tasks before Loken put them off track ?
They somehow seem redundant to me, considering we already have the Aspects watching over Azeroth. Or are they just watching over Yogg's prison, which would explain why they are all gathered up in Ulduar ?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:40 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:

The Pantheon managed to handle all 5 of them with an army of the planet´s Elementals backing them up and as far as we know one of them, C´thun, was killed by a nameless Titan that didn´t even was part of the Pantheon.

A single one of them isn´t nearly enough to provoke this kind of reaction from them, even if he managed to corrupt and turn all of the Northrend´s remaining Watchers. Unless we get some actual confirmation of Brann´s outrageous speculation or that he thinks that the Titans decide to destroy the planet when they see what mess Azeroth as turned into, this feels kinda forced.
Think about it now though, it's not just a bunch of elementals, it's potentially a whole planet turned mad by Yogg's influence. I mean, there's no telling how bad it might get if they can go so far as to corrupt Aspects. Not to mention, if Brann says it, he's probably been reading up on the containment procedures and learned a few dangerous implications of the Old God's release. (Speculation time) It could be that the last time they were chained up the Pantheon decided it would be better to just exterminate everything if their control procedures failed again.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

And we still don't really know how powerfull a Old God really is. They enslaved a giant mass of elementals before, probably out of curiosity or because they where bored and concrete informations on the battle between them and the titans is rather scarce. Who knows what they would do with beeings like Naaru and what would happen if they could get the control of the Burning legion. And this time they would prepare for battle against the titans.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:58 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Because the entire Pantheon has become insane!