Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 11-30-2014, 03:57 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default Hearthstone Themes

I enjoy Hearthstone a great deal, and the announcement of Goblins and Gnomes has set the gears in my head turning, and I wanted to speculate on what the themes that could come in the future with the content we expect.

For instance, in the event that we ever get a Death Knight Hero to play as, aside from the incoming Death Knight cards (plus whatever cards the other classes get/neutral cards that are released) could there perhaps be an arctic Northrend based playing field to work on? When and if Monks get their day, aside from a bunch of monk cards, would they get a a new tileset to play on? Perhaps a new adventure pack? Setting us against the Sha in something akin to Curse of Naxxramas perhaps (I actually think that Sha cards could be extremely interesting)?

How about other vs themes? An Forsaken vs. Worgen theme (nice Haunted woods/Northrendish theme to go with). Perhaps a Battle for Dalaran set. Black Temple Adventure content? Under the Sea/Island (compelete with some new cards to supplement murloc decks).
Old 11-30-2014, 05:34 PM

Echo of the Past

After Naxramas, I'm a little tired of the undead themes. So I'd vote against haunted Northrend or neutral death knight flavor. But maybe that's just me.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:23 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
After Naxramas, I'm a little tired of the undead themes. So I'd vote against haunted Northrend or neutral death knight flavor. But maybe that's just me.
Well, I agree, but I do hope that they bring in the Death Knight eventually. They can wait a bit I suppose, and I imagine the Death Knight cards will be more spell/weapon heavy than minion, but I'd hope they get around to it sooner or later. Besides, the undead minions from Naxx had little bearing on the Forsaken. Banshee cards, plague, etc, could still be leveraged, not to mention some cool transformation mechanics that could be implemented with worgen cards. But you're right. Later. Not now.

After Goblins vs. Gnomes, what would you like to see as the theme for the next bit of Hearthstone content.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 11-30-2014 at 08:26 PM..
Old 12-01-2014, 12:54 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Well, I agree, but I do hope that they bring in the Death Knight eventually. They can wait a bit I suppose, and I imagine the Death Knight cards will be more spell/weapon heavy than minion, but I'd hope they get around to it sooner or later.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a death knight hero and whatever cards he has coming to him. I'm just thinking in terms of... if they release another Adventure mode, for example, I prefer it not be Lich King Arthas with more Scourge bosses and dominating Deathrattle again. Later I'd be game for more necromancers and undead nerubians and abominations, but like you said--later.

Quote:
After Goblins vs. Gnomes, what would you like to see as the theme for the next bit of Hearthstone content.
Despite what I just said, I'd love any new Adventure mode. (Heck, I'm still only on the Military Quarter of Nax---the only bad part is I'm not buying any card packs until I get them all, and Nax is pricier. But you know what? I'm a veteran Plants vs. Zombies player, and Hearthstone grinding is NOTHING compared to that! But I digress.)

An adventure based on raids from either Burning Crusade or Warlords of Draenor would be right up my alley, with plenty of potential for nostalgia while still focusing on WoW. Be it Karazhan or Zul'Aman or Kael'thas and Illidan again.

While they're at it, they can finally make the tutorial replayable so I don't have to consider making a new account now that my 3 regions are used up.

As far as themes like gnomes vs. goblins? I dunno. Still game to see naval and air units from the RTS games, but that stuff is old hat.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:29 AM

Echo of the Past

I know it's not a theme, but you know what I'd like to see? Quest Cards. Make them like secrets.

Raid Boss
Quest: Destroy a legendary minion. Reward: Draw 5 cards.

Or something.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:40 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I know it's not a theme, but you know what I'd like to see? Quest Cards. Make them like secrets.

Raid Boss
Quest: Destroy a legendary minion. Reward: Draw 5 cards.

Or something.
Love this idea. I've been hoping they'd do more quests (something like heal x damage, trigger x deathrattles, or win the game after having drawn all cards).

Other conditions for benefits to the game, or even other conditions to win could be interesting. Matches where minions with more than x attack only last one turn (or less than for that matter), twists, unforseen circumstances, all that stuff would be fun.

EDIT: You know, an important part of a theme is the attatched mechanics. Goblins and Gnomes has the spare parts, eject, etc. Naxx emphasized Deathrattle. I wonder what sort of themes could go with your quest idea?

Oh, and an Idea for quest cards: have them be legendary character cards based off of quest givers. As long as that character is on the field, the quest is active.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 12-05-2014 at 12:05 PM..

Tags
dance studio, hearthstone