Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-13-2018, 08:17 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
From the discord:

I can't get the war campaign quests to work (maybe I need to make a new character or be higher level?) I've just seen some screenshots and reports from the discord and MMO Champion.
Got a link to the discord?
Old 04-13-2018, 09:33 PM

Elune

So apparently now that Metzen's gone, Blizzard decided to make Tandred canon.

Also he references our own IGoD.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:47 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Rexxar is hated by the kul tirans because he killed their leader jaina attempts to kill rexxar but fails
Old 04-13-2018, 11:02 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

[CUTSCENE] - Sylvanas is waiting in the throne room when Anduin arrives. Anduin offers her the chance to surrender. Instead, she blows up the entire city. I mean, what did you expect?

Fojar will not be pleased. While I always thought Lordaeron would be destroyed rather than captured, I would have preferred if it was the Alliance who destroyed it due to the intensity of the battle. Now it just feels like the Horde won twice.

Also, more dialogue from Lillian that seems to explain her change of attitude:

Tidesage's wife: The Horde... are you here to take more from me? My husband is dying, I'm penniless... just leave my children be, please.
Lilian: All I want to know is where your husband, the tidesage, went. I promise no harm will come to any of you.
Tidesage's wife: <sniff> What does it matter... he went east, to the lookout, to die in peace, away from the children. Please, just leave us be.
Tidesage: <cough> The Horde. Here I thought I would... <cough>... die in peace. Well? What are you waiting for?
Lilian: $n is right, sort of. You won't get hurt if you help us, preferably before you die.
Tidesage: One of the Forsaken. I didn't think - <cough>. Tell me, miss...?
Lilian: Lilian Voss. I'm the one asking the questions. Can you track people? Objects?
Tidesage: Miss Voss. Did you retain any sicknesses, any diseases that you had in life when you were returned?
Lilian: Do not try my patience, or I'll make you wish your disease already killed you. I need to see how good your magic is before we go any further.
Tidesage: <cough> I... I will do what I can, Miss Voss. You want someone or something located, correct? Let me see...
Lilian: Good. Prove how useful you can be to the Horde and we'll see how much longer we let you live this life.
Tidesage: Is my family safe?
Lilian: They are safe. It is your choice how safe they stay.
Miss Voss, can you answer my question? When you become Forsaken, are you purged of any sicknesses?
Lilian: It's not exactly a science, becoming Forsaken. You might stay the same, become a completely different person... or maybe you might actually just die.
Tidesage: Ah... I assume you intend to make me Forsaken at the end of this ordeal, do you not? I heard what you did to Captain Stone.
Lilian: You're smart, Zelling. What are you after, asking all these questions about what it's like to be Forsaken?
Tidesage: A second chance for my family, Miss Voss.
Lilian: I do not like what you are insinuating, Zelling.
Lilian: No person should think of the Forsaken as a second chance for anything.
Lilian: I'm just covering my bases. Wouldn't look good if you're turned to a Forsaken and can't do the one thing we need you for.
Tidesage: You said it is possible to not survive the process? Or that I may change?
Lilian: Not only possible, it's likely. This isn't some cure all, Zelling, it's a curse. No one should want this.
Tidesage: Want is a strong word. It is something that... I am willing to endure, if only to help my family.
Tidesage: A family that will bring great suffering and retribution to any who would bring harm to us.
Lilian: Alright, Zelling. Do you understand, truly understand, what's about to happen?
Tidesage: Yes! Eternal life, granted to me at last, I am ready for it!
Lilian: It's time, Zelling. I'll make this quick.
Tidesage: <wheeze> There's no need to stain your blades. I'll only be a few more moments. Why don't we speak until then?
Lilian: Fine. I have something I want to know, anyway.
Lilian: Are you sure you want to do this? You know your family will think you're a monster, you'll never be able to see them.
Tidesage: Miss Voss, <cough> it was never about seeing them. It was about supporting them. I'll be sending any gold I earn to them... if I don't go crazy first.
Lilian: ... Your kids are lucky to have a father like you, Zelling.
Tidesage: So they were. <cough>Tell me what it's like, Miss Voss. Maybe to just soothe the nerves.
Lilian: Terrible. Those that don't shun you will never treat you the same again. You look in a mirror and all you'll see is a monster, something that isn't you.
Lilian: But... there is a bond in this curse, shared by all Forsaken. A bond that makes us family in this torment. A family that will never go away.
Unknown: Lilian, do what you must with Zelling.
Unknown: I won't take part in making this man Forsaken, you deal with it.
Lilian: $n, I'll deal with the body. You return to Nathanos, let him know everything is proceeding according to plan.
Unknown: Lilian. He's gone. What do you intend to do?
Lilian: I made a promise to ask Sylvanas to bring him back. The Horde I believe in honors promises.
Unknown: As does the one I believe in. Until we meet again, Lilian Voss.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:54 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe Stormstout View Post
Arguably, this already suggested that Azshara would be the final boss of the first tier of BfA. At least, that's how I interpreted it when I was watching the panel at the time, though maybe I was just reading too much into it.
I dont like the idea of Azshara being a mid expansion boss.
To be honest I was expecting Blizzard to give her her own entire expansion, be it underwater (yeah, right ) or rising an entire continent from the bottom of the sea (since we are running out of continents to explore anyways). And Im just mildly interested in her, I guess more hardcore fans of her would have more detailed ideas about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog
Imo the talents should be every 5 levels as opposed to 15 as it improves the rewards leveling gets you and also reduces the gap between abilities removed etc I mean it reduces the GROWING NUMBER of cases where you don't get a new ability for 30 levels and no rank 2 fireballs is not another ability compared to rank 1 fireball
This was also my other expectation for BfA, moving most of the Artifact abilities and passives to the leveling process, specifically to the gaps created between level 50 to 100, maybe not all of them, but at least enough to make it fun to overcome the boredom on that part
Old 04-14-2018, 07:35 AM

Arch-Druid

War campaign unlocks via leveling, me thinks. Every 2 levels or something, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Context? Is there a video of the Horde quests there?
I did all the quests except the 120 one (the coffin screen is mine) but I can't find her anywhere in Drustvar and she's not really shoved in your face unless she appears in the 120 quest. The Discord user was unspecific on where she is.
But she's in the db.
http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=138932/ca...delviewer:10+0
Old 04-14-2018, 07:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:25 AM

Arch-Druid

Roight, it's the 120 quest.
Which bugs for me.
But here's some treats.

Voss and Stone

https://streamable.com/cpkvq
(cleared it up)

Last edited by Feltongue; 04-14-2018 at 08:38 AM..
Old 04-14-2018, 10:26 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Old 04-14-2018, 10:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I must admit, that's awesome.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 04-14-2018, 01:05 PM

Banished

Quote:
[CUTSCENE] - Sylvanas is waiting in the throne room when Anduin arrives. Anduin offers her the chance to surrender. Instead, she blows up the entire city. I mean, what did you expect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I'm gonna pee myself
Old 04-14-2018, 01:22 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:

Fojar will not be pleased. While I always thought Lordaeron would be destroyed rather than captured, I would have preferred if it was the Alliance who destroyed it due to the intensity of the battle. Now it just feels like the Horde won twice.
A WoWHead poster said something similar. While it can be argued that the Horde loses UC just like the Alliance lost Teldrassil, the fact of the matter is that Sylvanas destroyed her city on her own terms. The Alliance didn't conquer anything. They were fooled.

Unless it's revealed that Malfurion or Tyrande ordered Teldrassil to be razed down (doubt it), it indeed feels the Horde won twice.

The worst part about it is that some Horde players will go "we are being made to be the villains so you can raid our capital city AGAIN, what you're complaining about" like cleaning up Horde mess and then promptly handing the reins back to them felt in any way like a victory. It's not about how many characters died or how many cities fell, but HOW those things happened.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:42 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
like cleaning up Horde mess and then promptly handing the reins back to them felt in any way like a victory.
And do you think becoming the honorless and cowardly minions of a Dark Lord makes the Horde happy? Do you think they enjoy any of their "victories" where they're forced to fight the Alliance in wars they never wanted in the first place, and only allowed to fight the one they actually hate in the last chapter of their story?

No one is happy about Teldrassil burning. No one is happy with Sylvanas blighting the Alliance. No one is happy. This is Sylvanas winning while the Horde is leashed to her as her slaves.

So when Horde players are telling you to fuck off, it's because Alliance players have the gall to act like the Horde is getting the better end of the stick. That the grass is somehow greener on the other side. But no. Both ends of the stick stink of shit, and the lawn is barren on both sides.

Everyone is angry and miserable, and the Horde would rather that be directed towards the writers instead of their faction.

Last edited by Krakhed; 04-14-2018 at 01:44 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 01:54 PM

Ranger

Quote:
And do you think becoming the honorless and cowardly minions of a Dark Lord makes the Horde happy? Do you think they enjoy any of their "victories" where they're forced to fight the Alliance in wars they never wanted in the first place, and only allowed to fight the one they actually hate in the last chapter of their story?

No one is happy about Teldrassil burning. No one is happy with Sylvanas blighting the Alliance. No one is happy. This is Sylvanas winning while the Horde is leashed to her as her slaves.

So when Horde players are telling you to fuck off, it's because Alliance players have the gall to act like the Horde is getting the better end of the stick. That the grass is somehow greener on the other side. But no. Both ends of the stick stink of shit, and the lawn is barren on both sides.

Everyone is angry and miserable, and the Horde would rather that be directed towards the writers instead of their faction.
As a Horde Player I was legit happy seeing the initial wave being an attack on Undercity because it was like the Alliance was finally getting some teeth and a nice steak to bite all at once.

Then they followed up with "Better question: why did the Horde burn down Teldrasill" and all that initial optimisim was dashed because all the normal beats were falling into place, and have been ever since. Horde Shoots first, Allaince does nothing, rinse and repeat.

Sylvanas being the one to blow up the Undercity is just odious. It should have been the Alliance putting fire to the blight that set the whole thing off. We're really gonna barrel into Sylvanas becomming a raid boss fast.

They can sing and dance about how it's different this go around, I'm waiting till the curtain falls for it to live up to that.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:51 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
At least a number of them are, going by posts on the wow subreddit and WoWhead.

Quote:
At least some of the Horde players are getting what they want. The Horde is not comprised only of people who want to kill Sylvanas. Some of them LIKE the Black Metal feel of the Old Horde and the moral depravity of the Forsaken "dark humor" and they get it (for a time, granted). The other side, meanwhile, gets nothing except some vague moral superiority, and Horde players have the gall to act like Alliance players are being unreasonable.

Listen, I don't want to fight. This whole thing is just too frustrating for words.

Last edited by Patrick_C; 04-14-2018 at 02:54 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 02:53 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
At least a number of them are, going by posts on the wow subreddit and WoWhead.

At least some of the Horde players are getting what they want. The Horde is not comprised only of people who want to kill Sylvanas. Some of them LIKE the Dark Metal feel of the Old Horde. They get it (for a time, granted). The other side gets nothing except some vague moral superiority and Horde players have the gall to act like Alliance players are being unreasonable.

Listen, I don't want to fight. This whole thing is just too frustrating for words.
And some Alliance players like to feel smugly morally superior. And they get what they want.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:54 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
And do you think becoming the honorless and cowardly minions of a Dark Lord makes the Horde happy?
YESSSSS

I'm thrilled to see Sylvanas go full Lich King destroyer of worlds.

Back in the day where people were speculating about the idea of Sylvanas becoming a Warchief, one of the conclusions was that it would be probably poorly done because Blizzard wouldn't make a faction leader perform a scorched earth and even raise their own dead. Keep in mind that was before Garrosh.

I would be excited for either Reedeemed Honorable Sylvanas and Full Lich King Sylvanas Destroyer of Worlds, and I'm actually glad it's the latter.

I hope she gets to destroy as many kingdoms and cities and murder characters as possible while she is in power, and I'm not joking. The status quo must be completely obliterated.

Quote:
So when Horde players are telling you to fuck off, it's because Alliance players have the gall to act like the Horde is getting the better end of the stick.
Yes, the Horde is getting the better end of the stick and will remain so while the Alliance keeps having no characters with gut and attitude like Sylvanas.

They should make Genn go full Berserk.

Last edited by Krainz; 04-14-2018 at 02:59 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 03:42 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Yes, the Horde is getting the better end of the stick and will remain so while the Alliance keeps having no characters with gut and attitude like Sylvanas.

They should make Genn go full Berserk.
The Horde is getting an end of the stick. The problem here is that both sides are quite adamant about wanting more balanced storytelling, but what we're constantly shown is more shallow bullshit.

The end result is that the Horde has to grasp at straws to justify or motivate itself, make mountains out of molehills, just to hold any interest in this faction war. And the Alliance is stuck choking itself at the end of its short leash, frothing at the mouth to finally bite a meaty chunk out of something.

You know how you could actually make both sides of the war feel motivated and extremely happy? Switch their roles in the narrative. The Alliance would probably be fucking delighted at that, and the Horde would celebrate having a foe worth fighting against.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:48 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
The Horde is getting an end of the stick. The problem here is that both sides are quite adamant about wanting more balanced storytelling, but what we're constantly shown is more shallow bullshit.
I don't think storytelling pieces like A Good War are shallow.

Elegy is.

Both approach the same subject.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
A WoWHead poster said something similar. While it can be argued that the Horde loses UC just like the Alliance lost Teldrassil, the fact of the matter is that Sylvanas destroyed her city on her own terms. The Alliance didn't conquer anything. They were fooled.

Unless it's revealed that Malfurion or Tyrande ordered Teldrassil to be razed down (doubt it), it indeed feels the Horde won twice.

The worst part about it is that some Horde players will go "we are being made to be the villains so you can raid our capital city AGAIN, what you're complaining about" like cleaning up Horde mess and then promptly handing the reins back to them felt in any way like a victory. It's not about how many characters died or how many cities fell, but HOW those things happened.
Forcing Sylvanas to nuke her own city, having her plague her allies, and setting up Saurfang to leave the Horde, should count as wins.

Quote:

You know how in MoP, the Horde players were divided between those who liked Garrosh, and those who didn't? Now it's divided again, between those who like Sylvanas, and those who don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Last edited by Noitora; 04-14-2018 at 04:24 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 04:21 PM

Demon Hunter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Just for the record, and if it's of any encouragement to you, I'm with you on this. It makes no sense to lash out at Horde players for a situation they for the most part didn't ask for.

With that being said...

I did watch through the Lordaeron scenario from both sides and I do see positive signs along with the negative ones. Warcraft III units, like Druids of the claw and the totem wielding Tauren have returned to play. The different races are being shown contributing in their own unique way rather than bet crammed into Stormwind's/Orgrimmar tabards, and the Forsaken are showing up as powerful and formidable even in defeat.

Those are significant reversals on two of my biggest complaints about WoW's presentation of the different races. As for the third bit, I intend to use the Forsaken performance in this scenario as a benchmark for Night Elven performance in the Teldrassil content.... assuming that there is some. If parity holds, I should be in for a good showing.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:56 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Forsaken are a disease to this franchise.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:03 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Forsaken are a disease to this franchise.
The disease is how much everyone stupidly overlooked them.

And the dreadlord.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The disease is how much everyone stupidly overlooked them.

And the dreadlord.
I agree completely.

Maybe Sylvanas fanboysm is canon in-universe as well.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 04-14-2018, 10:56 PM

Banished

Quote:

i am quite happy (minus teldrassil because you know i love nelves)

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft