Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-25-2017, 10:46 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Not him, but I believe it's from 4chan. Forgot which board, but I remember it posted there.
I want to say/tg/. They have surprisingly civil and intelligent Warcraft lore threads there on the weekends.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:16 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
I want to say/tg/. They have surprisingly civil and intelligent Warcraft lore threads there on the weekends.
So, the opposite of us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:46 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
What about "Pure" trolls? Didn't the Zandalari look down on the others? Maybe because the others were "tainted" by their environments.
Well, the Amani, Drakkari and Gurubashi delineations (along with numerous others, most of which were eventually destroyed) came from their origins as castes in Zandalari society that consolidated into new tribes and started staking out their own claims on and around their mountain. They didn't move out to the more disparate environments that instigated their mutations into different troll "types" until the end of the Troll/Aqir War, which had them driving the Aqir back to Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'Qiraj, chasing Kith'ix to Zul'Aman, and then settling in the vicinity of each to keep their defeated enemies contained.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:12 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Well, the Amani, Drakkari and Gurubashi delineations (along with numerous others, most of which were eventually destroyed) came from their origins as castes in Zandalari society that consolidated into new tribes and started staking out their own claims on and around their mountain. They didn't move out to the more disparate environments that instigated their mutations into different troll "types" until the end of the Troll/Aqir War, which had them driving the Aqir back to Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'Qiraj, chasing Kith'ix to Zul'Aman, and then settling in the vicinity of each to keep their defeated enemies contained.
Which makes one wonder why the gurubashi went to... Zul'Gurub. Zul'Farrak is close to Ahn'Qiraj, Zul'Drak to Azjol-Nerub, and Zul'Aman over Ki'thix.

Could Zul'Gurub have been made because it's close to N'Zoth's prison?
Old 11-25-2017, 05:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Didn’t Gurub came before Farrak?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:29 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Didn’t Gurub came before Farrak?
Yes, and it likely was close to Ahn'Qiraj before the Sundering, given that Tanaris was a part of Stranglethorn.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:32 PM

Arch-Druid

I think Farrak was actually established first, if I remember Chronicle right. The Gurubashi moved east and built Gurub later.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:48 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Yes, and it likely was close to Ahn'Qiraj before the Sundering, given that Tanaris was a part of Stranglethorn.
You might be thinking that ancient kalimdor exploded outward, but STV and Tanaris were never close too eachother. The distance between them in modern WoW is the same as the distance between them pre-sundering, just with land instead of water.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
You might be thinking that ancient kalimdor exploded outward, but STV and Tanaris were never close too eachother. The distance between them in modern WoW is the same as the distance between them pre-sundering, just with land instead of water.
Wasn't that explicitly stated in the WOW encyclopedia?

Edit:
Yeah, seems like you were right. Just looked at the Chronicle 1 maps.

Anyway, it is still unlike that Zul'farrak was founded before the capital of the empire it was a part of.

Last edited by Nazja; 11-26-2017 at 03:02 PM..
Old 11-26-2017, 03:52 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Anyway, it is still unlike that Zul'farrak was founded before the capital of the empire it was a part of.
It could've been established right around the same time, along with Zul'Aman and Gundrak. Zul'Gurub might just be located where the Gurubashi successfully exterminated the local Aqir hives due to there not being any handy titan complexes around for the insects to exploit and fortify like Ahn'Qiraj and whatever portion of Ulduar the northern Aqir likely breached to get their obsidian destroyers.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:25 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
It could've been established right around the same time, along with Zul'Aman and Gundrak. Zul'Gurub might just be located where the Gurubashi successfully exterminated the local Aqir hives due to there not being any handy titan complexes around for the insects to exploit and fortify like Ahn'Qiraj and whatever portion of Ulduar the northern Aqir likely breached to get their obsidian destroyers.
N'Zoth.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:51 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
N'Zoth.
What about him?

N'zoth's prison was nowhere near Zul'gurub.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:53 PM

Arch-Druid

Old 12-02-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Well, we know that dragons and possibly birds evolved from elementals, so it wouldn't be surprising if more Azerothian races descended from elementals too.

Not to mention that it would also match evolution on Draenor, which also had its own, biological version of the curse of flesh.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Well, we know that dragons and possibly birds evolved from elementals, so it wouldn't be surprising if more Azerothian races descended from elementals too.

Not to mention that it would also match evolution on Draenor, which also had its own, biological version of the curse of flesh.
I hadn't even thought of the orc comparison. All the more reason for orcs and trolls to be BFFs, it's like gnomes and dwarves!
Old 12-02-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I hadn't even thought of the orc comparison. All the more reason for orcs and trolls to be BFFs, it's like gnomes and dwarves!
You know, it's not even just those two planets. Talbuks, from Argus, also seem to have some elemental ancestry. We're meant to believe that AU Draenor's talbuks are most alike their original form, and just live Draenor's clefthooves and riverbeasts, they look like they evolved from earth elementals.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Fleshy life evolving from elementals is something that I think needs to be explored more. I'm of the opinion that anything that isn't from titans or Old Gods ultimately traces back to elementals, but I'd like to learn more.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:08 PM

Eternal

I prefer to think most races are natural, their evolution hastened by Freya and the waters of Azeroth's blood.

There are several other species I believe come from elementals, like basilisks. If these species can also become Wild Gods, then I'd add boars, wolves, wind serpents and cloud serpents. This would also explain their presence in Draenor.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:38 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Fleshy life evolving from elementals is something that I think needs to be explored more. I'm of the opinion that anything that isn't from titans or Old Gods ultimately traces back to elementals, but I'd like to learn more.
This is what orcs should've been

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-03-2017, 07:28 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
This is what orcs should've been
It kind of is. The Breakers don't have anything really in common with titan-forged except for a titan ultimately being behind it. Grond was created by elemental energies being infused into a mountain, he's a big elemental conglomerate.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja on Discord
Did you know that the traditional name for shrunken heads is tsantsa or tzantza? Obviously the troll now known to us as Zanza turned into a Loa at the same time as his head became the first shrunken head known to trollkind.(edited)
And that Muisek a troll had us collect from dead creatures in Winterspring?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Muisak – vengeful spirit, which surfaces when a person carrying an arutam spirit is murdered.
Arutam – literally "vision" or "power", protects humans from a violent death.
For posterity. And since I miss my fellow troll Kellick.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:14 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I miss Kellick. He may not have been my not have been my real dad, but he tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:42 PM

Chimaera

The Trolls are honestly Blizzard's greatest creation for Warcraft in that they're undeniably Blizzard and actually hold up well for the setting (unlike the Forsaken).

Last edited by Cacofonix; 06-27-2018 at 05:48 PM..
Old 06-28-2018, 10:52 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I miss Kellick. He may not have been my not have been my real dad, but he tried.
Has anyone had any luck getting ahold of him at all? Does he have an email attached to his profile here or anything?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-28-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting ahold of him at all? Does he have an email attached to his profile here or anything?
No, but he has a BattleTag attached to his account.

Well, he has an e-mail attached to his account, but since it's not meant to be public knowledge, I am disinclined to use it in order to contact him. Feel free to make a post in the R&R thread in order to ask the big honchos what they think.

Tags
'cho wanna buy a cigar, all land is troll land, chuwanaxe, here comes trollbane, lore, new troll here, tazdingo!, troll land, we gonna bury you here