Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-23-2018, 04:59 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

By the way this Reddit post pretty much explains why people are acting entitled for being mad at the AK freeze until Dazar'alor

Quote:
Seen so much complaining on this subreddit recently about being forced to "farm" azerite because they "have" to be neck level 38 for mythic release. This is a horrible complaint.

First off, you'll have the AK increase on heroic release that'll lower that requirement by 30%, and you'll get one on Mythic Tuesday/Wednesday as well to finish it off by whenever your first mythic raid starts if you somehow really need it.

Second, let's look at the math a little. To even NEED 38 on mythic release would require that you get a mythic shoulders drop in the first week of mythic. Unless you are a mail class, you will thus need to kill at least 2 mythic bosses in the first week to NEED 38. You have about a 3/10 chance of getting a loot drop at all. Multiply that by the 1 in 4 chance you actually get the right piece, and you come out to a 7.5% chance of getting a mythic shoulders piece if you kill the boss that drops your piece, or about 15% if you roll on it (I'm not sure if bonus rolls have same loot drop rate as regular drop). You must also have more time left in your raid week for it to matter, if you get a mythic shoulders drop on your last boss kill of the raid week and don't have time for a serious push onto the next boss, by definition it doesn't matter whether or not you can immediately unlock the trait.

Third, lets look at what would be lost by not having these traits, assuming you meet the above conditions and got your drop. The largest possible amount one trait in the ring in question can give right now is 378 dps, Overwhelming Power for Shadow Priest. This is on 385 gear, so we need to increase this by about 30% to estimate how much dps it would give on a 415 piece. Comes out to 491.4 dps. Now, sims for 8.1.5 aren't out yet, but, for the purpose of this exercise we will conservatively estimate overall dps sim in optimal gear to go up 20%. This means a shadow priest in BoD will sim in the neighborhood of 23-24k dps. Let's use 23k as the conservative estimate once again. Divide 491.4 into 23k and you get 2.136%. This number is the maximum possible dps any one class could be missing from not having their mythic shoulder trait available, but in practice it will be even lower for most classes.

Now that we have our numbers, which again, are at best a ~15% chance of getting a mythic shoulder drop first week and the missing trait on it being worth at best 2.136% dps increase, let's explain why it isn't worth your time to farm out. Unless you perform up to 95% of your sim on a patchwerk fight, said 2.13% increase is more than attainable through refining your rotation, improving how you move in fights, etc. which can be easily done through decent analysis of your own logs. If you spent even half as much time analyzing and refining your play as it takes to get to 38 neck level, you would see a much better payoff. Unless you parse 95+ for your ilvl consistently, your play can absolutely be improved 2.1%, no matter how "sure" you are that you're doing it right. So the only people who can possibly "have" to be 38 are people who are killing AT LEAST 2 bosses in the first mythic week, and if they don't wear mail then at least 3 bosses. Last tier there were 473 guilds who killed Zek'voz before the first reset. So, for this to even possibly apply, you must be in a top 500 world guild. I cannot possibly believe that every single person complaining about "having" to be 38 on release is both in a top 500 world guild, but doesn't play enough to get 38 through their normal play. That is literally the entire sector of the playerbase that really has a leg to stand on when they argue that they are "forced" to farm to 38 before mythic release, yet somehow the complaint is pervasive throughout the subreddit and game.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:15 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
The faction assaults have some nice unit diversity. It kinda annoyed me that during Wrath 90% of generic Alliance NPCs were humans in Stormwind guard armor.
That's true. It's been fun to see what each race brings to the conflict.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 12-23-2018, 09:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Were the Gilnean horse mounts remodelled for this expansion or did they always look like that?
Old 12-23-2018, 11:18 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Were the Gilnean horse mounts remodelled for this expansion or did they always look like that?
They were updated with all other non-saddled horses mobs.

Old 12-25-2018, 04:01 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I like her new model far more than the old one, and while the braids may be one of the least serious hairstyles (Anime pigtails also exist.), I doubt the other hairstyles would have allowed Blizzard's artists to nail the disheveled, just out of battle look as well as they did.
I mean if they're going to add cosmetic options for Night Elves they might as well add a more fitting 'amazonian jungle woman' hair look while they're at it.

I feel like they've never gotten her armor right. Tyrande's sort of a weird one because she's supposed to be very stealthy and dangerous... but also needs to be wearing silver-plated battle armor. Which they've interpreted as 'moon coloured' rather than actually looking silver like it did in WC3. Which is thematic in it's own way, but really not very stealthy.

The Cataclysm look worked in it's own way. It was somewhat Athenian, and I've always imagined Elune as being Artemis/Athena-esque. So that worked in it's own right. I think artwork like the Hearthstone design they did helped me get into it. She didn't look like she was particularly ready for battle, though. And I think that informed her character development to a degree.

I think the closest they've gotten with her look overall is Heroes of the Storm. But I have sort of mixed feelings there about the stupid looking loin cloth and the way her boobs look like they're just hanging out there. (I'm not against them making Tyrande sexy mind you, but it's just kind of weird looking)

I'm just not a fan of the whole Night Warrior aesthetic personally. I think it's a step in the wrong direction. The glaive just feels like they didn't want two major women running away with bows. And then the weird half-skirt thing looks kind of silly. And yeah I really, really hate the pigtails.

Last edited by Aldrius; 12-25-2018 at 04:08 AM..
Old 12-28-2018, 07:51 AM

Troubadour

Soooo this icon was changed

It used to be G'huun originally

Does anyone know what is this icon related to?

Am I wrong for thinking it isn't related to anything actually and is actually designed for future content?
Old 12-28-2018, 09:27 AM

Arch-Druid

It's the Orb of the Abandoned Magi.

But mostly it's used for achievements in BFA. And a couple in Ulduar.

https://www.wowhead.com/icon=236517/...c#used-by-item

Last edited by Jon Targaryen; 12-28-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Old 12-28-2018, 01:10 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingHorriblePuppyAllenHuhu

Asmongold has it correct like always.

Fucking blizzdrones. lol

Last edited by Gurzog; 12-28-2018 at 01:14 PM..
Old 01-07-2019, 12:34 PM

Troubadour

Old 01-07-2019, 12:59 PM

Banished

They are gonna answer argent dawns questions during the stream.

Get ready for what is a blood elf priest.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:16 PM

Troubadour

We’re underway with the deployment of our first build of WoW 8.1.5 to our Public Test Realms. We expect it to be playable soon, and we want to start discussions about the features of the update that we’ll be testing:

• The Kul Tiran Allied Race unlock
• The Zandalari Allied Race unlock
• Naga invasion World Quests
• New portal rooms in faction capitals
• The next chapter of pet battle Raiding with Leashes
• Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin visual improvements

Our testing in this first build will be primarily technical, so some 8.1.5 features will be locked/unavailable for the first few days while we work on initial concerns:

• New War Campaign quests
• New quests and questlines focused on Magni, Hati, and the eight non-gathering primary Professions
• Warlords of Draenor Timewalking dungeons
• New Brawl in Arathi Basin vs. AI
• Wintergrasp coming to the Epic Battleground list
• New Brawler’s Guild update
• New Darkmoon Faire roller coaster
• New Micro-holidays and updates to Children’s Week

Additionally, you may see some features referenced in this PTR (such as Ashran as an Epic Battleground) that are not part of 8.1.5, but may be introduced in a later update. We’ll keep an eye out for such things and make sure to let you know what we aren’t testing in this PTR.

As always, thank you for your testing and feedback.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t//68156/1
Old 01-08-2019, 03:28 PM

Loremaster

Hmm. I suspect the "naga invasion quests" will basically be a handful of extra WQ's added to the normal zone rotations like the Kvaldir ones in Legion.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:06 PM

Banished

Nah they will replace incursions sadly.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Hmm. I suspect the "naga invasion quests" will basically be a handful of extra WQ's added to the normal zone rotations like the Kvaldir ones in Legion.
I guess they'll be a new time of incursion. Instead of just Horde/Alliance invasions, we may end up having naga ones as part of the rotation.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:33 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I guess they'll be a new time of incursion. Instead of just Horde/Alliance invasions, we may end up having naga ones as part of the rotation.
Maybe. I suppose that would be a bit more interesting than just ramping up the frequency of the faction assaults. Might even be why the XP rewards the current ones grant leveling players aren't more in line with what we saw in Legion Assaults; maybe they'll operate independently, meaning there could be a naga and a faction assault happening at the same time in different zones (or, given the more regionally limited scope established by the latter, maybe in different parts of the same zone.)
Old 01-08-2019, 06:00 PM

Arch-Druid

I'm quite pleased they're adding more story with each patch. Specially about continuing the war campaign, but adding side stories is always nice as well. I just hope the stories are good.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:12 PM

Troubadour

Yes more Void Elf lore and exposition.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:18 PM

Banished

Am doing the zandalari unlock thing now. Wont share here coz sarm is stalin incarnate.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:23 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Hey it's Gurzog. Hey, Gurzog. I thought you quit WoW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:50 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Hey it's Gurzog. Hey, Gurzog. I thought you quit WoW.
PTR is free for access to anyone.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:44 AM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Yes more Void Elf lore and exposition.
Oooo where?

Speaking of, is this banner new?
Old 01-09-2019, 03:12 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
Speaking of, is this banner new?
I don't think so. I think I've seen it before, related to Shattrath.

-------------------

Also, what a major let-down about kul tirans. I was expecting Blizzard to have improved their customization options after so many months of waiting, but they still have very little variations (males still only have two faces: normal/scarred).

Last edited by Deicide; 01-09-2019 at 03:20 AM..
Old 01-09-2019, 09:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Yeah, story for 8.1.5 doesn't sound so bad.

Baine is finally NOT useless, besides getting imprisoned by Sylvanas. (As he's not getting freed in 8.2 by Saurfang.)

I also kinda expected that new Alliance Portal Room will be in the Mage Tower again.

Oh and Northrend is also getting a Hi-Res Map and FP Map like we have gotten for the Old World in 8.1.

And Hunter's rejoice.

https://de.wowhead.com/news=289636/8...drens-week-spo
Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I don't think so. I think I've seen it before, related to Shattrath.

-------------------

Also, what a major let-down about kul tirans. I was expecting Blizzard to have improved their customization options after so many months of waiting, but they still have very little variations (males still only have two faces: normal/scarred).
Female Kul Tirans are prettier than I let on, but I sincerely hope Blizzard isn't seriously thinking about packaging them as-is with only 4 tiers of customization and 2 face options for the males, whereas Zandalari get 8 tiers of customization with a lot of variation in each one, complete with tattoos and tusk options.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:15 AM

Banished

They keep making baine worse even when he takes action.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft