Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-17-2019, 12:22 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

This year a new expansion should be revealed. How do we check for registered trademarks?
Old 01-17-2019, 03:05 AM

Ranger

"You know what would make a good substitute for someone who habitually is too wishy washy? Someone who murdered half their race in a failed bid for power."

People Seriously putting Magatha forth as a suggestion are out of their goddamn minds.

...Then again so was Blizzard when they put her forth as a Shaman Champion in Legion
Old 01-17-2019, 04:46 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Seems like krainz gave up on BFA given his super hype for 9.0
Old 01-17-2019, 06:11 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
This year a new expansion should be revealed. How do we check for registered trademarks?
BfA patches are coming soooo slow I don't know if an expansion announcement will feel too early. I mean, 8.1.5 hasn't been released yet, 8.2 will arrive around July. At this rate, 8.2.5 will come close to Blizzcon itself, and 8.3 and 8.3.5 will take more than half of next year....

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 01-17-2019, 06:53 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
BfA patches are coming soooo slow I don't know if an expansion announcement will feel too early. I mean, 8.1.5 hasn't been released yet, 8.2 will arrive around July. At this rate, 8.2.5 will come close to Blizzcon itself, and 8.3 and 8.3.5 will take more than half of next year....
Well yeah, something is odd.

BFA Season 1 lasted 20 weeks.

Here's the projection for every season lasting 20 weeks:

Quote:
From Tuesday, 4 September 2018 (Season 1)
Added 20 weeks (repeated 4 times)
Normalized to 140 days
Result 1: Tuesday, 22 January 2019 (Season 2)
Result 2: Tuesday, 11 June 2019 (Season 3)
Result 3: Tuesday, 29 October 2019 (Season 4)
Result 4: Tuesday, 17 March 2020 (Season 5?)
However, BFA Season 2 is going to last 25 weeks.

Here's the projection for every season lasting 25 weeks:

Quote:
From Tuesday, 4 September 2018 (Season 1)
Added 25 weeks (repeated 4 times)
Normalized to 175 days
Result 1: Tuesday, 26 February 2019 (Season 2)
Result 2: Tuesday, 20 August 2019 (Season 3)
Result 3: Tuesday, 11 February 2020 (Season 4)
Result 4: Tuesday, 4 August 2020 (Season 5?)
We can also make a third progression considering that the first season was an oddity and the following ones will all last 25 weeks instead:

Quote:
From Tuesday, 22 January 2019 (Season 2)
Added 25 weeks (repeated 3 times)
Normalized to 175 days
Result 1: Tuesday, 16 July 2019 (Season 3)
Result 2: Tuesday, 7 January 2020 (Season 4)
Result 3: Tuesday, 1 July 2020 (Season 5? 9.0?)
Another way to see that is by adding 5 weeks to every season, that way being 20, 25, 30 and 35 weeks:

Quote:
Result 1: Tuesday, 4 September 2018 (Season 1)
Result 2: Tuesday, 22 January 2019 (Season 2)
Result 3: Tuesday, 16 July 2019 (Season 3)
Result 4: Tuesday, 11 February 2020 (Season 4)
Result 5: Tuesday, 13 October 2020 (9.0?)
The last projection is the one that makes most sense to me.

Season 3 date is pretty much more or less confirmed given the released Season 2 schedule.

Last edited by Krainz; 01-17-2019 at 06:58 AM..
Old 01-17-2019, 07:41 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Maybe they're just dragging it out to Blizzcon cause everyone already cut and run for the next go around and they're going to sink the whole thing, WOD style?

End Nazjatars patch with Nzoth breaking free and scrub 8.3's actual end to the faction conflict and play it like everything going to shit with an old god breaking loose. Announce next expansion at Blizzcon right afterward. Could easily see them pulling a Legion 2.0 in terms of content to save the subs if they sent Hots's team there after they shut that down. Doubly so if they fold in some extra development from the live team jettisoning BFA.

Theres also the possibility that they're just dragging it out as they are having to rush a shit tonne of new stuff along behind the scenes to pivot the design away from the revulsion of Azerite gear and towards the necklace like they said they were.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:11 AM

Troubadour

BFA understandably needs way more development time than Legion.

It has way more features. Don't forget that 8.2 is bringing Nazjatar and Mechagon (zone + megadungeon).

On top of that there's the warfronts and heritage armor (design + questlines).

Legion patches content pale in comparison to BFA.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:12 AM

Banished

the problem lies in bfas system, legions system were far better.

bfa also has an issue that legion had with pvp rewards.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Maybe they're just dragging it out to Blizzcon cause everyone already cut and run for the next go around and they're going to sink the whole thing, WOD style?
Despite the negativity, BfA is nowhere near the disaster that was WoD.

Quote:

It has way more features. Don't forget that 8.2 is bringing Nazjatar and Mechagon (zone + megadungeon).

I think this is a better explanation.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:02 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Should bring Roanauk Icemist back. Taunka, unlike Tauren, don't take shit from anyone.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:24 PM

Eternal

Quote:

I think this is a better explanation.
Let's also not forget that Blizzard said they feel they had released the early patches way too fast, and that Battle for Azeroth would be purposedly slower a bit. But even now, they are not as slow as those of Warlords or even earlier expansions. Legion was actually an oddity in how fast 7.1 arrived.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Let's also not forget that Blizzard said they feel they had released the early patches way too fast, and that Battle for Azeroth would be purposedly slower a bit. But even now, they are not as slow as those of Warlords or even earlier expansions. Legion was actually an oddity in how fast 7.1 arrived.
I think the (unintentional) 11 weeks patch cycle for Legion was a bit too fast, but the current one weeks is a bit too slow. Or maybe it's because 8.1 and 8.1.5 patches do not feel like they used well the increased time for what they deliver.

Last edited by Deicide; 01-17-2019 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-17-2019, 05:51 PM

Troubadour

It's because Season 2 feels like what Season 1 should've been.

Despite many people having had a blast in Uldir, I don't think there's even a considerable amount of people who find it engaging and compelling as a concept. Battle for Dazar'alor, however, seems to fit way more as a "Battle for Azeroth" / "faction war" raid.

I had fun in Uldir and preferred it over Antorus, but... the general idea is just boring.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
It's because Season 2 feels like what Season 1 should've been.

Despite many people having had a blast in Uldir, I don't think there's even a considerable amount of people who find it engaging and compelling as a concept. Battle for Dazar'alor, however, seems to fit way more as a "Battle for Azeroth" / "faction war" raid.

I had fun in Uldir and preferred it over Antorus, but... the general idea is just boring.
I don't raid seriously anymore. I usually do LFR to check the story, and, indeed, Uldir was so unappealing that I only did it once, on my Horde character, to finish the storyline. Have no will to return there.

I'd like to see more globe-spanning events in the War Campaign. IMO, the campaign has been nice, but it could have more stories. Or, alternatively, there should be side questlines that send you to different places and interact with different races/commanders.

I'm also quite displeased with the allied race system (something I always looked forward to). Not only because you-know-what, but also the lack a good range of customization and, in some cases, races that were clearly rushed to be released and never improved later.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:18 PM

Banished

Yeah we get it the entire expansion sucks.

anyway

this expansion will suck more in 8.2 unfortunately because of the azshara and old bore shenanigans.

Last edited by Gurzog; 01-17-2019 at 07:23 PM..
Old 01-17-2019, 07:27 PM

Troubadour

Can we have a rule on endless spamming of BFA sucks/WoW is dead? It gets really annoying from a certain point.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:11 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:

I don't agree with you on base game at all. Class halls and their associated questlines and class based and fleshed out champions, artifacts and their multiple progression avenues and every individual class having their own tier sets were very big things to lose. Anecdotally the game felt meatier too.

Patch wise you may be right but its not that easy. 7.1 came out very strong with rounding out the Nightborne story with a very fleshed out questline. Broken shore did immediatly drop the ball straight afterwards though so BFA will very likely beat that out. After that though Argus is a hell of a bar to cross. We shall see.

Quote:
Can we have a rule on endless spamming of BFA sucks/WoW is dead? It gets really annoying from a certain point.
Honestly, thats just Gurzog in general, hes been doing this since he signed up so banning his doggedly poor criticism of BFA is just attacking the symptoms. Plenty of us have legitimate critiques of the current expansion that we have every right to share if we are prepared to present them like adults.

On a side note: I've never understood why Sol has always been so hesitant to ban posters too young or boneheaded to do anything but spam nonsense. Rolandius and Soldrethar took similiarly long to get the boot.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:55 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
I don't agree with you on base game at all. Class halls and their associated questlines and class based and fleshed out champions, artifacts and their multiple progression avenues and every individual class having their own tier sets were very big things to lose. Anecdotally the game felt meatier too.

Patch wise you may be right but its not that easy. 7.1 came out very strong with rounding out the Nightborne story with a very fleshed out questline. Broken shore did immediatly drop the ball straight afterwards though so BFA will very likely beat that out. After that though Argus is a hell of a bar to cross. We shall see.
7.2 was the biggest patch in terms of content at the time of its launch. It had a small questline + scenario + mount + new tech for customized cutscene for 12 classes. And the Legion invasions, of course.

The content of the Broken Shore quests was lackluster, yes, but don't go dismissing the patch as a whole just because of it.

8.1 brings the Faction Assaults, with lots of lore, finely-tuned NPCs doing specific stuff in the new zones, the new game mechanic for unlocking new outposts and upgrading them, two new islands for expeditions, the Darkshore content (questline + cutscene + warfront set designs + warfront) and the first part of the Azerite system overhaul (vendor + new traits + deletion of old boring traits).

That's waaaaaaaay more than 7.1.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:28 AM

Ranger

I can't wait to pivot to Old Gods personally.

I want to have the Faction war out of the picture sooner rather than later
Old 01-18-2019, 12:55 PM

Banished

You guys are retarded and your points as to why BFA is an awful expansion is just non existant, The issue always was in the systems and class design.

Nothing else makes it suck.

Stuff like everybody gets 370 gear for free is an aftermath of the system
Old 01-18-2019, 01:49 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Gurzog, you earned yourself your new first warning.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:27 PM

Eternal

I liked Uldir. Mother, Zek'voss, Mythrax and G'huun are all very fun especially. I do hope the story becomes relevant though; G'huun says the corruption has taken root, so I hope that becomes something. And it looks like Mother will go to the Chamber of the Heart.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:25 PM

Arch-Druid

No PTR update this week?

Heck, I was anxious for any kind of news...

Old 01-18-2019, 06:06 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
Neither Baine nor Sylvanas are characters the Horde players can get behind as well.
Right now there pretty much aren't ANY horde characters to get behind, except Sylv for the Sylvanas fans who think she's fine.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-18-2019, 10:46 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Right now there pretty much aren't ANY horde characters to get behind, except Sylv for the Sylvanas fans who think she's fine.
There are leaders the Blood elves can get into, but the Horde of Warcraft III has no one thanks to the current idiots writing WoW.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft