Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-17-2016, 06:39 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

What we say about this guy tells more about ourselves than about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
I think we all should add the fact that warlocks are not necromancers to our signatures. Imagine how much would this poor soul get triggered.
It would be boring. Soon he would start calling SoL a forum of fools and liars who believe in liars.

I find his presence very constructive to my personal questionings, though. I often compare stuff to their original conceptions in WC1, WC2 and WC3 when I see them in the MMO, and that's the core of his entire logic: that anything added to Warcraft should walk along the same lines of the RTS content, which is why he is so frustrated with Lore Historians.

What he's saying in a non-verbal manner is "Lore Historians ruined Warlocks!", which is the very same thing a lot of other members of SoL say about things they like (Lordaeron, Orcs, The Horde, segregated factions, neutral factions, etc), except that those others say it verbally.

And of course, the other difference is that he refuses to accept that these guys are ruining Warlocks, so instead he goes the "THEY'RE LIARS" route, because he doesn't accept this retcon and declares these guys as incompetent to give segment to the original conception of Warlocks from the RTS.

Every time he shows up I question these things more and that makes me propose a question to SoL members: how much is he different from us? Is he THAT diffferent?
Old 12-17-2016, 06:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I don't think we ever verbally harassed Blizzard employees away from Twitter, or made them ignore us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:11 AM

Eternal

Warlocks are fine though.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:52 AM

Banished

this should be our collective sig.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:02 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
What we say about this guy tells more about ourselves than about him.

It would be boring. Soon he would start calling SoL a forum of fools and liars who believe in liars.

I find his presence very constructive to my personal questionings, though. I often compare stuff to their original conceptions in WC1, WC2 and WC3 when I see them in the MMO, and that's the core of his entire logic: that anything added to Warcraft should walk along the same lines of the RTS content, which is why he is so frustrated with Lore Historians.

What he's saying in a non-verbal manner is "Lore Historians ruined Warlocks!", which is the very same thing a lot of other members of SoL say about things they like (Lordaeron, Orcs, The Horde, segregated factions, neutral factions, etc), except that those others say it verbally.

And of course, the other difference is that he refuses to accept that these guys are ruining Warlocks, so instead he goes the "THEY'RE LIARS" route, because he doesn't accept this retcon and declares these guys as incompetent to give segment to the original conception of Warlocks from the RTS.

Every time he shows up I question these things more and that makes me propose a question to SoL members: how much is he different from us? Is he THAT diffferent?
I think I'll start adding a spoiler hidden disclaimer saying "not supposed to be taken seriously" with every single post that is not supposed to be taken seriously.

Last edited by Marthen; 12-18-2016 at 12:16 AM..
Old 12-17-2016, 12:58 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
I think I'll start a spoiler hidden disclaimer saying "not supposed to be taken seriously" with every single post that is not supposed to b e taken seriously.
I can't see why that post lacks the potential to be a serious post.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:15 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I can't see why that post lacks the potential to be a serious post.
That still doesn't mean it is supposed to be.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:59 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I don't think we ever verbally harassed Blizzard employees away from Twitter, or made them ignore us.
I'm pretty sure we never made our own Wiki either.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:13 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackBenjamin View Post
I'm pretty sure we never made our own Wiki either.
Wait what? Also technically we made a tvtropes page or something.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:18 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Here ya go
Old 12-19-2016, 12:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
2016 people. 2016.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-19-2016, 12:47 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Holy shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Divine shit.

Shit of Light.

Necrophotic edits that so it's not reliable. At least no the fel/Void/life sections I think.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:15 PM

Elune

Quote:
Quote:
Skeletons are abominations, magical constructs made from the bones of the dead.[24] With Jeremy Feasel's own logic, he wouldn't say animated skeletons are considered dead because they're constructs. And if skeletons aren't dead and, by extension, undead, using magic to raise and control skeletons isn't necromancy. And if using magic to raise and control skeletons isn't necromancy, what is?
Quote:
Demonic power (or warlock magics) would be - or is - a necromantic power that exists in - and is derived from - the Twisting Nether because demons are from the Twisting Nether, which the Warcraft II establishes as the place where the spirits of the dead reside or the realm of the dead. Despite that fact, after he was asked if perhaps warlocks are harnessing their power from the Twisting Nether, the Blizzard Historian known as Sean Copeland stated, “No, that’d be magi, IIRC. They gain power by the destruction of another source (recall the undead warlock in original cinematic)“.[20] Additionally, the person stated that demons contain fel magic, but aren't the source, stating that the nature of this magic is created from destroying something else.[21][22] So not only is this person denying that warlocks harness their power from the place demons are from, he is also denying that demons are the source of fel energy, which Metzen describes as demonic energy. Basically, this person is claiming that a demonologist does not need to involve himself - or herself - with a demon in order to obtain demonic energy and that a demonologist does not harness their power from the place demons are from. And why is that? Why is the seemingly lying Sean Copeland denying that demons are the source of the demonologists' demonic energy and denying that demonologists harness their power from the place demons are from? Does he believe that demons and their demonic powers don't exist in the Twisting Nether? Or is it because warlocks are essentially magi who have dabbled in dark magic if their power is from the Twisting Nether?

Demonic power (or warlock magics) is a nether-touched power that exists in - and is derived from - the Twisting Nether because demons are from the Twisting Nether. Unsurprisingly, after he was asked if perhaps warlocks were harnessing their power from the Twisting Nether, the lying Blizzard Historian known as Sean Copeland stated, “No, that’d be magi, IIRC. They gain power by the destruction of another source (recall the undead warlock in original cinematic)"

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 12-19-2016 at 01:17 PM..
Old 12-19-2016, 03:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Some should update our tvtropes page. And with "someone" I mean anyone but me 'cause I'm lazy.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:11 PM

Banished

It's extra funny because 2/3 of the warlocks specs dont have anything to do with demons indeed (at least directly)
Old 12-19-2016, 05:19 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
This is legendary.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:15 AM

Sentinel Queen

As much as it hurts... Necrophotic might be unto something here. Not saying he's right nor wrong, but the quest to " kill guld'an in nighthold" give you this :

http://www.wowhead.com/item=143757/h...shadow-council

Yes, you read like me. Shadowlands. The realm of the dead....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:19 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by engal View Post
As much as it hurts... Necrophotic might be unto something here. Not saying he's right nor wrong, but the quest to " kill guld'an in nighthold" give you this :

http://www.wowhead.com/item=143757/h...shadow-council

Yes, you read like me. Shadowlands. The realm of the dead....
How? It sure helps the argument that warlocks can also be necromancers, but I doubt anyone was at any point arguing about that. We were arguing that warlocks are not necromancers. That is a completely different thing.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:47 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
How? It sure helps the argument that warlocks can also be necromancers, but I doubt anyone was at any point arguing about that. We were arguing that warlocks are not necromancers. That is a completely different thing.
Oh sure, this thread is so full of Necrophotic bullshit that I lost the first point of the debate after a few posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.

Tags
speculation, warcraft