Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-03-2017, 04:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I wonder how big our 2 'continents' are. People already were complaining about the BI feeling small and cluttered which was likely in part due to the greater view distance (BI are the size of Pandaria). If these 2 areas combined equal the BI/Pandaria they are going to feel really damn small.
You can have an idea by checking the trailer at 2:12:

They are around half of Broken Isles each.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-03-2017, 05:07 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Well, looks like it's suicide again for old me
As a night elf fan, mood.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I'm kinda sad they're going for a generic theme with Kul Tiras. Was hoping to see some Spanish/Portuguese/Italian themes, with nods to the conquest of America and the Reconnaissance.

Would be so fitting with Zandalar being obviously Aztec/Mayan, but whatever :I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
I don't know if anyone said that yet, but I LOVE that new Jaina look. A bit Elsa-derivative, sure, but she looks more regal and powerful now. Boy, am I glad to see the midriff go.
Yeah, really dig her new style. Looks like a battlemage now.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-03-2017, 05:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Sub-races are meh. No Mag'har, no Wildhammer, no High Elves, No Yanguol.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:16 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Another human kingdom vs... Every bit of night elf land, land they've held for many millenia, ancestral land, iconic night elf land, apart from Val'Sharah. Which is half nightmare corrupted.

That's not a fair trade.
It really isn't. But in this thread we see people willing to fuck night elves to stick it to Sylvanas.
Quote:
Yes. There's mention of "Horde aggression" in the Lightforged Draenei's page.
That's not a confirmation at all. It could just mean aggression during a war that was already started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
The more I think about this, Blizzard must have turned into the most incompetent and/or lazy since pretty much ever. I mean, how can you fuck up so much with so much laziness with the new subraces?

Further elaboration on the ideas above, quick draft:

High Elves: Some blood elves are getting tired of the Horde's shit. The draenei have found a way to remove demonic energy, and can now cleanse blood elves and turn them back into their former selves. Many blood elves defect into the Alliance, and there's a potential civil war in Quel'Thalas. They are led by Alleria and Vereesa Windrunner, among many others. They have a slightly different skeleton and new animations.

Stone Dwarves: After Magni's transformation and all the recent titanic discoveries, some dwarves have discovered a way to turn themselves into stone. They can now withstand heavier blows, and also repair themselves after injuries. Their facial customization includes things like stone beards, diamond mohawks, and more. They have also recruited Earthen and other titanic creatures into their ranks, and plan to restore the glory of their ancient masters through a new religion of sorts.

Broken Draenei: The same healing techniques that restored the high elves have been used to heal the broken. They won't recover their old form, but now they can join their brethren in battle without fearing their previous weaknesses. They are led by Akama and Nobundo, who are working to find a new home in Azeroth for their people.

Berserker Jungle Trolls: The secret to the berserker form was lost long ago, but the Darkspear tribe has been able to replicate it using ancient lore salvaged from a ruined temple and by communing with the load. Berserker trolls are larger and bulkier than their normal counterparts. Now the Darkspear tribe seeks to reunite other troll tribes across the world, and claim the throne of Zandalar for themselves. They can run in all fours without the need of a mount (like worgen).

Half-Ogre Orcs: The Mok'Nathal are looking a new home in Azeroth too. Led by Rexxar after the murder of his father, they're eager to prove their loyalty to the Horde. They're slightly bigger than normal orcs, and some have ogre features, like spikes, rock-like skin, or cyclopean heads.

Darkfallen Blood Elf: In order to control the growing blood elf dissidence, Warchief Sylvanas has recruited new allies from Northrend. The darkfallen, vampiric blood elves enslaved by the Lich King, left the Scourge and wandered alone after their master's death. Now, they roam the streets of Silvermoon, killing those who defy the Horde, and forcing them into their ranks.

Aside from the above, all existing races get new character customization options to represent similar subraces, as long as their models are similar enough. These include: Different orc clans, different dwarf clans, different troll tribes, different tauren tribes, etc.

There, I wrote better subraces in just a few minutes.
Agree with everything besides broken draenei and troll berserker. Broken draenei really don't need a cure to function, and I thought troll berserkers are still around.

Last edited by TerrorhoofMayo; 11-03-2017 at 05:28 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 05:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
I agree, it's very underwhelming.
They should at least allow us to select new skins.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:27 PM

Critter

Hi there. I just registered because I felt the expansion announcement was as good a time as any. I've been lurking the forums for awhile though.

I'm a bit apprehensive about continued faction war story, but everything else looks amazing, especially everything to do with Zandalar.

Quote:
I'm kinda sad they're going for a generic theme with Kul Tiras. Was hoping to see some Spanish/Portuguese/Italian themes, with nods to the conquest of America and the Reconnaissance.
Some of the armor previewed for Kul Tiras looks kind of Conquistador themed.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
I don't know if anyone said that yet, but I LOVE that new Jaina look. A bit Elsa-derivative, sure, but she looks more regal and powerful now. Boy, am I glad to see the midriff go.
You shut your whore mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
Not yet anyway.

Anyway, I'm way more excited for this expansion than the last two or three, that's for sure.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:32 PM

Glaive Thrower

Thrall should have died in Legion, his character is so done.

Bringing Vol'jin back in any form is also a massive copout, means Horde lost nothing in Legion when the Alliance lost the last good male human alliance alligned character - Varian.
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2017, 05:39 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

While I do feel bad for the night elves... I can at least take comfort in the fact that the Cenarions get their asses conquered in the process. See attachment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niryv View Post
Bringing Vol'jin back in any form is also a massive copout, means Horde lost nothing in Legion when the Alliance lost the last good male human alliance alligned character - Varian.
Have you seen Anduin in the cinematic? He's pretty badass so far!
Attached Images

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:45 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Name:  Absolutely Haram.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  55.8 KB

Jaina's belly was the only redeeming part of post-Theramore Jaina. She now looks the part of "frigid warmongering female Alliance Garrosh".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niryv View Post
Thrall should have died in Legion, his character is so done.

That's nice, but Magni's back and Cairne is still dead.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:49 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I can already imagine the mag'har/blackrock sub race questline.

- Go to draenor
-recruit iron horde
-ressurect Garrosh
-go to blackrock mountain
-recruit Blackrock clan and help dragonmaw
-help the clans
Old 11-03-2017, 05:58 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Kind of a weird expansion. Has potential, but can very well suck.

So far, I'm more impressed with the Horde. Zandalar looks amazing, all the zones look distinct and all. Doesn't make sense that they ally with the Zanadalari after everything that happened but whatever, Blizzard has been shitting on its continuity since forever. Subraces are fine: Zandalari is epic, Highmountain tauren is ok (would have prefered taunka or yaungol) and Suramar elves are... no idea why they would join the Horde.

It's cool to see Kul'Tiras, but I feel the 3 zones all look the same. And the alliances subraces are just such a letdown. Grey dwarves, Draenei with yellow eyes and a bullshit race of elves that comes out of nowhere.

Disappointed at the lack of Greymane in the characters section.

All in all, sounds good. I'll wait and see. At least, I'll still have classic WoW. Never got to quest in the old world, so that's already one expansion worth of content for me. I would have liked it better if they put it in the Caverns of Time, but I guess I'll just have to create new characters.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:59 PM

Sentinel Queen

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/673329.jpg

Silvermoon has not fallen. I guess again no change for Blood Elf and Draenai zones. Though Eastern Lordaeron has shit terrain and Alliance has the better fleet so I don't see how Quel'thalas might even able to reach Tirisfal with a good army as long as the Alliance controls the choke points at Bulwark, Chillwind and Plaguemist Ravine.

And now I wonder why the Forsaken did not reinforce Andorhal after they took it. That could at least be a temporary capital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:04 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
That's nice, but Magni's back and Cairne is still dead.
That's... Actually a fair point. Curse you.

But Horde got Zandalari, so there.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
Agree with everything besides broken draenei and troll berserker. Broken draenei really don't need a cure to function, and I thought troll berserkers are still around.
It's just a plot excuse, I just think broken are cool and would work well.

Also, Normal trolls vs Berserker trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkakoanScarecrow View Post
Hi there. I just registered because I felt the expansion announcement was as good a time as any. I've been lurking the forums for awhile though.

I'm a bit apprehensive about continued faction war story, but everything else looks amazing, especially everything to do with Zandalar.

Some of the armor previewed for Kul Tiras looks kind of Conquistador themed.
That looks English/Victorian to me, so Gilneas 2.0, which feels like such a wasted opportunity.

Also, sad to see Tandred Proudmoore isn't canon, and was replaced by some random woman we never heard of before :I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
While I do feel bad for the night elves... I can at least take comfort in the fact that the Cenarions get their asses conquered in the process. See attachment.
So, Mount Hyjal is burned down? I kinda doubt they will go as far. The Cenarion are probably intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
-ressurect Garrosh
Calm down Satan.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 11-03-2017 at 06:15 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 06:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Also, sad to see Tandred Proudmoore isn't canon, and was replaced by some random woman we never heard of before :I.
It's Jaina's mother. Which makes a lot of sense.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:12 PM

Eternal

What's the odds that Warfronts just reuse the Garrison assets and the stuff in the trailer wasn't just placeholder?
Old 11-03-2017, 06:13 PM

Elune

Quote:
He was confirmed non-canon ages ago so this isn't that much of a surprise, though.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:13 PM

Glaive Thrower

Horde burns down Teldrassil
Alliance attacks Lordaeron

Something about how this is worded doesn't feel right.

Horde has another 100% total victory like Theramore/Hillsbrad, Alliance gets to "attack" an occupied Horde land... the Undercity better be completely unrecoverably destroyed or this is more Horde favourtism bullshit.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:25 PM

Druid of the Talon

Playable Zandalari and Dark Irons are very neat, but why the hell did they add next two types of elves? Alternative Draenei and Taurens are jokes. They look the same like originals.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:25 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
It's Jaina's mother. Which makes a lot of sense.
Makes you wonder how well she received the disgraced daughter that helped muder her husband. Great potential for drama there.

Yeah, right. This is the same company that gave us Jarod let-me-just-brush-off-your-attempt-on-my-life Shadowsong. There's nothign coming out of this.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Jaina's mother looks badass. I hope we see lots of her.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft