Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-10-2017, 03:02 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Hell guys, I don't know about you but I'm more excited about upright orcs than any new feature or allied race Blizzard could come up with.
Same here. Well, Zandalari are a very close second.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:09 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Panda Manual

Quote:
Hell guys, I don't know about you but I'm more excited about upright orcs than any new feature or allied race Blizzard could come up with.
I am mildly happy about the leveling changes.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:10 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Meh, been playing upright orcs since MoP, when they revealed the new female orc models. ()
Old 11-10-2017, 03:12 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Given what we know about elves and their relationships with orcs and trolls, I doubt that the decision to join the Horde was supported by the majority of a Silvermoon's population. It simply was what the prince decreed.

But yes, depending on how Blizzard plays its cards, you could call these void elves opportunists. (A trait that seems fairly common among elves.) Certainly not traitors, however.
Yeah, we kind of saw that in Silvermoon City, with Blood Elves wanting to go Alliance having their brains forcefully rewired to being zealots in support of the Horde, so you know... There's a narrative disconnect here. Not to mention any elves who were having second thoughts were supposed to be convinced the Alliance was evil and the Horde was the best thing ever after the Purge of Dalaran. Blizzard's done its absolute best to try and drive home this logic that Blood Elves are Horde, now and forever, and anytime they begin to realize how bad they have it in the Horde and even vaguely begin to think about what it could have been like on the Alliance, they're given new reasons to hate the Alliance.

So aside from the fact that these Void Elves are literally facing a Life or Death situation to be strong-armed into the Alliance (it's either they join Alleria and learn not to go insane, or they don't join her, go insane, and are inevitably put down by their own people as monsters), everything up to this point is pretty much saying they shouldn't be doing this.

About the only way Blizzard could salvage this is by saying the Void Elves are a group that sequestered themselves from the rest of the Sin'dorei after Kael'thas left Quel'Thalas to rejoin the Alliance in Dalaran, tried to study the Void to impress Kael and earn themselves power and prestige in his new High Kingdom, and remained hidden until the modern day when whey reach out to the Blood Elves for help because their failure is leading them to madness, only to be driven out of Quel'Thalas.

At least then we'd know we're not getting traitors, that they never had an opinion about joining the Horde because they never knew Quel'Thalas did, and that perhaps it was their intent to join the Alliance anyways, since that was what Kael'thas went to do the last time they interacted with the World.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Truth be told, I was very happy about upright orcs. And I did not even played mine for two years!

---------------------

About the void elves, I think their introduction will mirror the Mac'aree krokul storyline. They were exiled because they were getting mad and the void was spreading to others nearby. I'll guess here: they'll be abandoned in Dawnbreeze Village in Ghostlands!

Alleria finds them and tries to help them like she did to Arkhaan, but this time she has the knowledge found by Nabiru (the broken priest guy in Mac'aree who offers us void-purged Krokul).

She will suceed and they, grateful to their savior, will join the Alliance.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 11-10-2017 at 04:09 PM..
Old 11-10-2017, 05:30 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Same here. Well, Zandalari are a very close second.
Because none of us are worthy of playable Amani.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I have a feeling The Shrine of the Storms dungeon is inspired by the old Dragon Isles model:

Link to the image because its super huge.

Also, as its apparently the headquarters of the Sea Priests, there's no way they're not actually worshiping N'Zoth, whether they're aware of it or not.
Oh yeah that definitely reminds me of that old Dragon Isles thing.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:03 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
What about “Kul’Tiras?”
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
That'd put us one year short for the troll get-together on Zandalar wouldn't it?
These meetings are canon?
Old 11-10-2017, 06:30 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Nope.

It's assumed that the meeting in the 4.1 cinematic was one of them.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
I'm pretty sure it came from the old website so it should be. I thought the 4.1 trailer was the last one.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
So it seems there is a big consensus that Void Elves are a terrible idea. We are still in time to correct it Blizzard. React.
Once upon a time, people shat on Draenei and Worgen when they were first announced. I don't think anything is gonna change the mind of the devs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Am I the only one that actually like void elves
I like them as well.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:35 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Now that we know all the ethereal/Alleria/Mac'aree stuff from 7.3 and the short story was build-up for them (since they said in an interview that the void stuff on Argus was teasing the next expansion), I'm looking forward to them considering that stuff has been pretty interesting. Also we haven't seen their "starting experience" (the quests you have to do to unlock them) which if the previous stuff is any indication could be more interesting than we think.

Also, if the theories about Vereesa dying are true, I wouldn't be surprised if the Silver Covenant want revenge and become void elves, with the initial Silvermoon ones being there so that combined they can have a population big enough for a playable race.

I wonder if Locus-Walker will be involved in the questline?
Old 11-10-2017, 07:50 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Now that we know all the ethereal/Alleria/Mac'aree stuff from 7.3 and the short story was build-up for them (since they said in an interview that the void stuff on Argus was teasing the next expansion), I'm looking forward to them considering that stuff has been pretty interesting. Also we haven't seen their "starting experience" (the quests you have to do to unlock them) which if the previous stuff is any indication could be more interesting than we think.

Also, if the theories about Vereesa dying are true, I wouldn't be surprised if the Silver Covenant want revenge and become void elves, with the initial Silvermoon ones being there so that combined they can have a population big enough for a playable race.

Now if Syl did burn down Teldrasil and the elf in the picture is Vereesa, that would easily, imo, cause Alleria to pretty much rage at Syl causing a bigger rift. I say if because for all we know it could be a setup to make it look like it was her who burnt it down while Vereesa was killed by accident.
There are a set of ships in the bottom left corner of the picture prior to it burning but Im unable to make out if it is actually Foresaken or even Horde ships.
Would also love Locus-Walker to make another appearance and learn more about he controlled the void
Old 11-10-2017, 08:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I hope so, he's on track to become one of my favorite characters.

Do we know if there's any evidence for the rumor that allied races will be in 7.3.5?
Old 11-10-2017, 08:46 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:

Do we know if there's any evidence for the rumor that allied races will be in 7.3.5?
So far the only evidence is the rumor and the fact that the four allied races the rumor mentioned are already set up to be recruited in SW/Org in the blizzcon demo but not the other two.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

I'm okay with the void elves. Shame the high elves aren't available, but I only really play one (human) character anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
*Looks at Void Elf discussion, looks back at Night Elf 9/11 now being a thing.*

I guess you could say that the Alliance's elves have become...

*sunglasses*

Null and Void
Good to see your sense of humor isn't burned out!

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:32 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Man, and here I thought the Windrunner sister reunion was going to be a very belated (and very awkward) baby shower thrown by Sylvanas for both Alleria and Vareesa.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-10-2017, 10:52 PM

World Builder

I'm hoping that not just the main playable races, but the other unofficial members of the faction get some attention.

Revantusk, Taunka, Frost Dwarves, Etc...

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-10-2017, 11:23 PM

Banished

Quote:

We have info from valid leakear, that some of allied races will be in 7.3.5 and things from demo on blizzcon.
Most likely in 7.3.5 we get: Nightborne, Highmountains, Void Elves and Lightforged. Zandalari and Dark Iron will be unlocked durring xpac experience.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:32 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Once upon a time, people shat on Draenei and Worgen when they were first announced. I don't think anything is gonna change the mind of the devs.
I can't speak to you about worgen, because at that time I was out of Warcraft, but I remember about Draenei. They were not the problem, people got angry about two things, how this devaluated the Eredar, and about the direction the new lore put to the franchise, space light and spaceships, getting us out roughly of medieval fantasy.
And we carried on, but the criticism was not wrong. At that time I was not against, I was just waiting to see how it developed, but now I can clearly see that the criticism was right. That drove Warcraft to a bad direction that today we still pay. Instead of demi-humans and greenskins battling in the grounds of Azeroth, we are now battling space demons in light ships around the universe. Instead a race of crazy fucking evil, scary and powerful demons, we now have random mob eredar. Criticism was right, that devaluated Warcraft lore.

But I remember correctly that there was not that big shit about Draenei as it was with the inclusion of the Blood Elves on the Horde instead of the Alliance. It was a decision made for the sake of population balance, we remember the 1hour queues on the battlegrounds in vanilla WoW. Lots of people felt betrayed because they were expecting High Elves on the alliance, as was hinted in Vanilla, and other people got angry because it retconned Silvermoon being obliterated (remember, at that time the only Blood Elves known alive were those who fled with Kael'thas to Outland, a very small population). But the real problem here was that it summed up to another bad decision, the inclusion of the Forsaken on the Horde. It de-characterized the Horde, and that led the Horde story development in a wrong way to the point of the shitty and marginalized status the Orgrimmar Horde has today.

Another similar wrong decision was the inclusion of the Night Elves on the Alliance, with time that has de-characterized and diminished one of the best factions Warcraft lore had for the sake of faction balance.

What I mean is that this is a very long-lived game, and we must carry on with wrong decisions for years. Those bad decisions erode the quality of Warcraft Universe and devaluate it. Void Elves look like it's going to be another bad decision that will go wrong, that's why I make a call for Blizzard to react, they are still in time to correct it. Just react this time.

Last edited by Hades; 11-10-2017 at 11:35 PM..
Old 11-10-2017, 11:52 PM

Banished

Quote:
And we carried on, but the criticism was not wrong. At that time I was not against, I was just waiting to see how it developed, but now I can clearly see that the criticism was right. That drove Warcraft to a bad direction that today we still pay. Instead of demi-humans and greenskins battling in the grounds of Azeroth, we are now battling space demons in light ships around the universe. Instead a race of crazy fucking evil, scary and powerful demons, we now have random mob eredar. Criticism was right, that devaluated Warcraft lore.

But I remember correctly that there was not that big shit about Draenei as it was with the inclusion of the Blood Elves on the Horde instead of the Alliance. It was a decision made for the sake of population balance, we remember the 1hour queues on the battlegrounds in vanilla WoW. Lots of people felt betrayed because they were expecting High Elves on the alliance, as was hinted in Vanilla, and other people got angry because it retconned Silvermoon being obliterated (remember, at that time the only Blood Elves known alive were those who fled with Kael'thas to Outland, a very small population). But the real problem here was that it summed up to another bad decision, the inclusion of the Forsaken on the Horde. It de-characterized the Horde, and that led the Horde story development in a wrong way to the point of the shitty and marginalized status the Orgrimmar Horde has today.

Another similar wrong decision was the inclusion of the Night Elves on the Alliance, with time that has de-characterized and diminished one of the best factions Warcraft lore had for the sake of faction balance.

What I mean is that this is a very long-lived game, and we must carry on with wrong decisions for years. Those bad decisions erode the quality of Warcraft Universe and devaluate it. Void Elves look like it's going to be another bad decision that will go wrong, that's why I make a call for Blizzard to react, they are still in time to correct it. Just react this time.
You forgot to add "in my opinion".
Old 11-11-2017, 12:21 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

I like the fact that we are getting something slightly more interesting than Night Elves wearing the Blood Elves skin.

They also give us a plothook for the Alliance in Silvermoon. You know, 'liberating' it for the Void Elves.

Oh, and about whining in spite of taking Lordaeron: lets see if we really take Lordaeron, or if the Undercity is just a ruin with a bunch of angry zombies in Tirisfal. If Tirisfal is in Alliance hands and the Alliance has the Sepulchre under and the prison camp in Hillsbrad under siege, then I will apologize for any bitching i did. Just the way they are saying things now, it seems like the Alliance caved in the Undercity then fucked off back to Gilneas.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-11-2017, 01:01 AM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
You forgot to add "in my opinion".
There is few opinion and a lot of analysis in that post I wrote. Analysis that can be wrong of course! I am not a perfect man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I like the fact that we are getting something slightly more interesting than Night Elves wearing the Blood Elves skin.

They also give us a plothook for the Alliance in Silvermoon. You know, 'liberating' it for the Void Elves.

Oh, and about whining in spite of taking Lordaeron: lets see if we really take Lordaeron, or if the Undercity is just a ruin with a bunch of angry zombies in Tirisfal. If Tirisfal is in Alliance hands and the Alliance has the Sepulchre under and the prison camp in Hillsbrad under siege, then I will apologize for any bitching i did. Just the way they are saying things now, it seems like the Alliance caved in the Undercity then fucked off back to Gilneas.
But alliance already had motives with the High Elves, Vareesa, and the return of Alleria.

On the other side, yes, I think I start to understand what is the movement of Blizzard. They think cities are useless and there are too much of them, so they just remove Undercity and Darnassus.

I think they are correct from the gaming perspective, cities besides Orgrimmar and Stormwind, right now are useless, they look old and it is a bit pitiful to see them always empty. The problem is that we love cities because they give potential and attachment to races, personality to factions. Cities could be developed in a way in which we find a utility to cities from the gameplay and addiction to the game perspective to make them make sense and motivate Blizzard to start to build up them. WoW would become richer like this.
I've been thinking about this and have some ideas. Activities in cities should be akin to PVE and PVP so they are a core part of the game, in the way you can level your character and equip it just there, out of battle. Maybe we can give our characters a new set of stats for non combat city character development. Some activities I can think about to do in cities:
-Obviously the easier is a simplified hearthstone gameplay in taverns, similar to what Gwent was in Witcher. Both PVP and PVE, because sometimes beating easy machine routines is also fun when you don't want to make a very big brain effort.
-Player Housing. Has been discussed from more than a decade ago. I am not sure how to do it, but there are plenty of examples of player housing out there and if Blizzard is excellent on something, is in copying and improving gaming systems from other games. They will make something great.
-Merchant shops. You can buy stores using lots of gold (stores limited by city, so population doesn't concentrate in just one), put an NPC to work there and make money.
-Make monuments relevant. Important buildings are the core of a city. Put activities inside them to motivate Blizzard to build them, to give the city personality, and to make the players grow in attachment to them. For example, if you are a Priest give the priests in Stormwind some kind of minigame inside the church of the light that makes you be getting priest sets akin to priest, bishop, archbishop, etc. The idea is to make important buildings important, not just a place where class trainers wait for years.
-I am sure Blizzard developers are better at game designing than me, but more non combat activities (aside from city arenas) could be done. Prisons were you have to watch out for prisoners to not escape, rapport systems with NPCs, which can be tied or not to player housing, local cuisine at the inns, economic related minigames (put different currency in the game), manage a farm like in one of those farm simulators, help to build buildings in a fun minigame...
Yes, those are just wishes. But I think it would be a nice improvement for the franchise to have relevant cities. It would give charisma to the factions and to the characters. rn Blizzard needs to destroy them because they have become useless, and they are right. But construct instead of destroy to make the game better.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:36 AM

Banished

Quote:
There is few opinion and a lot of analysis in that post I wrote. Analysis that can be wrong of course! I am not a perfect man.
It's not analysis, it's just your point of view.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:40 AM

Arch-Druid

I am excited to lead a righteous crusade against the Horde as my Lightforged Draenei.

Void Elves are meh though.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft