Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5426  
Old 06-24-2014, 01:37 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,048

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Though if any of the above people got a ban I guarantee they wouldn't come back from said ban and quote people and throw insults around like I know HB will.
Just rename him to something degrading and let that be his punishment.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #5427  
Old 06-24-2014, 01:53 AM
Euphemialibritannia Euphemialibritannia is offline

Hypersensitive
Euphemialibritannia's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,866

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Toxic behavior like that goes on from everyone for months. TP, Gashinka, Vyrin, and a few others have shown and done similar things with no perma ban for a lot longer.

This is a simple mater of HB saying something that tweaked one of the mods sensibilities rather than any amount of fairness or concept of upholding the rules.

The rules were simply a convenient excuse to expel someone that had upset ones personal sensibilities. It shows a lack of integrity and a lack of good form.

But then, that's not exactly new out of SoL mods.
Whether other people have gotten the treatment or not, doesn't change what he did.

Plus you have to remember mods are people too, and can get riled up to a point where they take drastic measures they deem necessary, which most of the time they are(see Cantus and Slow).
__________________
"Just the completely unfounded and irrational fear that one day *this* is going to happen!"
Reply With Quote
  #5428  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:00 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,048

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia View Post
Whether other people have gotten the treatment or not, doesn't change what he did.

Plus you have to remember mods are people too, and can get riled up to a point where they take drastic measures they deem necessary, which most of the time they are(see Cantus and Slow).
But Cantus was WRONG with slow. He said one thing, and then did another.

More, while mods are certainly human, and certainly posters like us all and are entitled to be riled up, they are not entitled to act on it. In fact, if something someone says DOES rile them up, it's a sign that they need to step back and put on the mod gloves and not the personal ones.

And it most certainly DOES change what he did. By allowing others to pass, it set precedent. Precedent that states that, despite the rules, that sort of behavior is allowed to flourish in SoL.

Now, if that is going to change, then fine, but the correct response isn't to ban him.

Its to use his posts as an example in a site wide alert (much like the announcement of the Kickstarter) and then place the rule on everybody and ENFORCE it on everybody.

But don't cherry pick because he was a chicken fucker of a nutzoid and you had an issue with that.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X

Last edited by Ruinshin; 06-24-2014 at 02:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5429  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:12 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,066

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Trolls feel the banhammer. Anytime Hammerbrew spoke about something or someone that he didn't like, he couldn't resist being inflammatory or attacking personally (which is still against the rules as lightly enforced as they.) Also didn't help that he'd already been suspended before for this kind of thing. He's the guy that had such (random) hits like these:






That last quote there by the way? Two posts before his final. Cannot help himself. If all you do is be aggressive at other posters and get mad, then why even post here? Why even pretend that Scrolls of Lore is supposed to be a community? And its not even about racism or politics or anything like that, you're can have any opinion you like the problem is how you communicate it. Its sad to ban someone that posts actively, but all things being considered and as a moderator here, I'm not sorry for the loss.
Sarah, maybe you need to take a break from the more heated forums for a bit.


EDIT: Wait, this was all about the world cup? Seriously? Oh man. Can I insult Europeans a little for getting hot and bothered over this, or are we sticking to this no insults thing? World cup, that's our controversial topic. Heh hoo.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 06-24-2014 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5430  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:14 AM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Question:

Would you guys rather we unban Hammerbrew, or just ban everyone like him?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5431  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Question:

Would you guys rather we unban Hammerbrew, or just ban everyone like him?
Unban. The fewer non-bots banned the better.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #5432  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:23 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,048

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Question:

Would you guys rather we unban Hammerbrew, or just ban everyone like him?
I'm anti-ban to begin with, so unban preferably.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #5433  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:24 AM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

I'd make him change his avatar though.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #5434  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:29 AM
EdWunclerIII EdWunclerIII is offline

Arch-Druid
EdWunclerIII's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Liberty City
Posts: 1,984
BattleTag: AJF#1946

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Question:

Would you guys rather we unban Hammerbrew, or just ban everyone like him?
Unban him. This site would be empty if we banned everyone like him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
LORE! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #5435  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:31 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,066

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I'd make him change his avatar though.
Ooh, change it to a picture of this "Bradley" guy!

Whoever he is. I think Hammer loves him.
Reply With Quote
  #5436  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:38 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,275

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Question:

Would you guys rather we unban Hammerbrew, or just ban everyone like him?
The latter.

I love me some bans, and the silly drama it brings.
__________________
My love for you is like a truck, berserker.
Would you like some making fuck, berserker?
Reply With Quote
  #5437  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:39 AM
Yakitori Yakitori is offline

Arch-Druid
Yakitori's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,074

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Question:

Would you guys rather we unban Hammerbrew, or just ban everyone like him?
Depends on how you'd define "everyone like him".
__________________
Disgruntled Forsaken Stable Master
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... That is coffee."
Reply With Quote
  #5438  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:10 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,092

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Question:

Would you guys rather we unban Hammerbrew, or just ban everyone like him?
Whatever you do, do it consistently.
If you don't want to ban people - do that, but don't randomly permaban people who have done less wrong than seasoned posters who never even saw a temporary ban.
If you want to bring the hammer down, do it on everyone from now on.
(That is the royal "you", multiplayer, and goes to all mods.)
Reply With Quote
  #5439  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:31 AM
Magistrix Verdande Magistrix Verdande is offline

Elune
Magistrix Verdande's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xerrath
Posts: 11,081
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Default

Undo his permanent ban, but replace it with a somewhat long, if temporary, banishment.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pratchett
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Reply With Quote
  #5440  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:37 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

I'd rather we take away Sarahmoo's ability to ban overall. She only did this because her pretty little feelings were hurt. I find that to be more than pathetic. To quote Hammerbro, she's a dipshit.
There is no real difference between what for example Rufin advocates, what Hammerbro warns about and what several dark regimes has been doing over the centuries. It all nails down to ethnic cleansing and genocide. The difference lies in if it's active or passive genocide. If you can't understand what I'm typeing, go read the UN chapter on genocide and ethnic cleansing.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 06-24-2014 at 03:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5441  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:44 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Unban him. Whilst I don't like getting involved in political threads I could tell he only got banned because somebody/certain people didn't like what he was saying despite shit being flung from all directions and not solely from Hammer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #5442  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:45 AM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

While I wouldn't say permaban...

While I certainly look at Hammerbrew's complimentary posts and think that it might just be that he's very readily expressive, yeah, I'd have him on the ban list before the likes of Ganishka. I may find Ganishka's views even more extreme and dislikable, but he never gives of quite the same level of smug hypocritical twattishness that Hammer did...

"Liberals all make up bullshit about UKIP being racists and the media helps them"

"Liberals support honour killing, enjoy your multicuturalism!"
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA

Last edited by Torch; 06-24-2014 at 03:49 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5443  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:49 AM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

I don't even care if some dipshit was advocating for straight up genocide; the appropriate response isn't to ban them and conceal their opinions, it's to expose his opinions so everyone can ridicule them until he changes or leaves of his own volition.

Banning them actually just feeds a persecution complex.
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #5444  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:54 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
While I wouldn't say permaban...

While I certainly look at Hammerbrew's complimentary posts and think that it might just be that he's very readily expressive, yeah, I'd have him on the ban list before the likes of Ganishka. I may find Ganishka's views even more extreme and dislikable, but he never gives of quite the same level of smug hypocritical twattishness that Hammer did...

"Liberals all make up bullshit about UKIP being racists and the media helps them"

"Liberals support honour killing, enjoy your multicuturalism!"
Well, can't really deny the truth of his claims, just how severe he is in typing it.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #5445  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

It'S pretty funny how many of you seem to consistently ignore WHY he was banned. It wasn't because of his opinions (which were offensive to say the least, but that can be ridiculed). It was the fact that he would consistently use offensive and vulgar language and personally attack anyone disagreeing with him. It was literally every second post.

I even got it into a bickering fight with him in the WORLD CUP thread for Pete's sake, because he was being incredibly toxic and vicious over SOCCER.

Again, it's not his opinions, it's the form.

We can all be snipy assholes sometimes, and that's ok. Some around here have highly debatable opinions, and that's ok too - we have threads for that.

We don't have threads for toxic waste collection.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #5446  
Old 06-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
It'S pretty funny how many of you seem to consistently ignore WHY he was banned. It wasn't because of his opinions (which were offensive to say the least, but that can be ridiculed). It was the fact that he would consistently use offensive and vulgar language and personally attack anyone disagreeing with him. It was literally every second post.

I even got it into a bickering fight with him in the WORLD CUP thread for Pete's sake, because he was being incredibly toxic and vicious over SOCCER.

Again, it's not his opinions, it's the form.

We can all be snipy assholes sometimes, and that's ok. Some around here have highly debatable opinions, and that's ok too - we have threads for that.

We don't have threads for toxic waste collection.
You were an even greater ass than he in that thread, he just used harsher words. Sarahmoo banned him because she's petty and cant handle something with different views than herself.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #5447  
Old 06-24-2014, 04:00 AM
Aneurysm Aneurysm is offline

Problemsolver
Aneurysm's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there, and everywhere.
Posts: 9,275

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
We don't have threads for toxic waste collection.
There's always the ever so glorious Faction Bitching Thread.

But you're right, we don't have one for the General Discussion Forum. And I think we could do without one as well.
__________________
My love for you is like a truck, berserker.
Would you like some making fuck, berserker?
Reply With Quote
  #5448  
Old 06-24-2014, 04:01 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,096
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
You were an even greater ass than he in that thread, he just used harsher words. Sarahmoo banned him because she's petty and cant handle something with different views than herself.
Go read all of his last 50 or so posts. Almost every single one is a direct personal attack over someone disagreeing with him.

Go and read the first post of me replying to him in that thread, on both occasions of me disagreeing - there was no toxicity there. He brought that in. Admittedly, I let myself get dragged in and flamed away. That's my fault.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #5449  
Old 06-24-2014, 04:03 AM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Well, can't really deny the truth of his claims, just how severe he is in typing it.
Is that talking about how you find him, or are you making up reasons for why I'd want him to take a holiday?

Because I can say that he's talking out of his rectum, but what's really worse, and the reason I'd say he could do with a ban (again, I disagree with Ganishka even more, but he's less confrontational about it) is the fact that he's such an asshole when he does so.

Or is it just that even his allies think he's a bit of an arse.
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA
Reply With Quote
  #5450  
Old 06-24-2014, 04:09 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Is that talking about how you find him, or are you making up reasons for why I'd want him to take a holiday?

Because I can say that he's talking out of his rectum, but what's really worse, and the reason I'd say he could do with a ban (again, I disagree with Ganishka even more, but he's less confrontational about it) is the fact that he's such an asshole when he does so.

Or is it just that even his allies think he's a bit of an arse.
I've pointed out to him in private that he comes of way too much as an ass. I'm ok with him getting a slap on the wrist for excessive ass. Knowing Sarahmoo, she did not ban him for that, just used it as an excuse.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 06-24-2014 at 04:14 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
administrators, admins, assing, moderations, moderators, mods, no gifs allowed, regulations, rules, scrolls of lore, serious business, tag police

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.