Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2014, 10:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Yeah, you do all the time, and yeah, it kind of looks like she did.

It is rather telling that the few who support this ban obviously have strong differences in their political opinions with Hammerbrew, although there are plenty left of him that DISAGREE with the ban.

I'm the most transparent Admin in history, so, I'll not say anything behind closed doors that I won't say publicly - this looks pretty bad, as his latest "offense" was giving shit to Sarahmoo, who then permabanned him.

I don't have a problem with a mod slapping down an uppity poster who's being a deliberate dickweed - hell, Sarah works as hard as anyone to keep this place clean, and she ought to enjoy smacking down a fool every now and then. But perma-banning is a bit much. Give him a few days or a week or whatever to consider the wisdom of poking a mod with a stick, but anything more than that, and it starts to feel a bit too despotic for my tastes.

Mods officially confirmed for being unable to handle the banter.

Watch out, everyone. You better not upset that mod. They have the power to ban you and will do so for daring to have the audacity to do anything but worship them!

God, I hate the internet, sometimes. Every dweeb with mod/admin privileges thinks themselves a monarch.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
So disagreeing with someone is apparently "baiting" now. Doesn't surprise me from you.
Yeah, you "totally" don't resort to insults. Totally.

just because you don't come right out and say it doesn't mean you don't insult people pretty consistently.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:24 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post

Watch out, everyone. You better not upset that mod. They have the power to ban you and will do so for daring to have the audacity to do anything but worship them!

God, I hate the internet, sometimes. Every dweeb with mod/admin privileges thinks themselves a monarch.
Hence why I should be King. You all know it's coming.

I just can't wait to be King!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:

If you were in a discussion round in RL, and constantly made fun of the host/moderator, interrupted him/her, insulted him/her or generally disrupted the discussion for everyone, would you be surprised to be excluded from the group? No, and the same rules apply online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Yeah, you "totally" don't resort to insults. Totally.

just because you don't come right out and say it doesn't mean you don't insult people pretty consistently.
Knowing that one is right is not "insulting" the discussion partner, how ever strongly you may want that to be the case. Insinuating that someone is wrong (eloquently) or poking fun at an opinion (in an admittedly snarky manner sometimes), also is not "insulting".
Old 06-24-2014, 10:25 AM

Elune

I've been banned for "baiting" (when I wasn't at all, people just cried and said I was because they don't like me and worship Fojar) so it is only fair if this miffy fellow gets banned for it as well.

Either ban everyone who "baits" or don't ban people for baiting at all.

Quote:
If you were in a discussion round in RL, and constantly made fun of the host/moderator, interrupted him/her, insulted him/her or generally disrupted the discussion for everyone, would you be surprised to be excluded from the group? No, and the same rules apply online.
That's a bad comparison. The "discussion" on this forum is hardly ever disrupted. People will deliberately choose to sit in the same thread and complain when something unfolds instead of posting in a different thread or putting someone on ignore. (This literally happened to me, where people complained about Fojar and I arguing in THE FACTION BITCHING THREAD. No "discussion" was disrupted. The people here like drama and they like trying to get people banned.)

Besides, you'd have a point if mods were "harassed" often. They're not. So it's funny that the first time a mod decides to participate in a discussion and gets subjected to the same treatment as everyone else, they get mad and ban the poster for not "knowing their place."

Last edited by Frostwolf; 06-24-2014 at 10:28 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 10:26 AM

Elune

A party for the denizens of SoL sounds like the kind of party I would hide by the food and play with my phone/3DS and not talk to people.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:28 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
I certainly did not "bait" anyone. And Sarah did not ban him for disliking his opinion.
Miffy, I went back and read your back-and-forth with Hammer. Don't act like yours were better than his.

Neither of you should be banned. But this "punish him not me" attitude isn't attractive on you.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 06-24-2014 at 10:30 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 10:28 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:29 AM

Elune

Quote:
I've been banned for "baiting" (when I wasn't at all, people just cried and said I was because they don't like me and worship Fojar) so it is only fair if this miffy fellow gets banned for it as well.

Either ban everyone who "baits" or don't ban people for baiting at all.
You guys are deliberatly muddying the issue. Hammer was not banned for mildly provocative behaviour, being an asshole or having a "wrong" opinion. It was for unacceptable level of communication, as in constant vulgarities and insults of the most offensive degree ("go f yourself with a rake, stupid c'nt, f this, f that").

And I'm getting increasingly pissed that people are accusing me of "baiting" when I do nothing but express myself clearly and stand by my opinions. Get your facts straight - just because you don't like an opinion doesn't make it a "bait".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Miffy, I went back and read your back-and-forth with Hammer. Don't act like yours were better than his.
I never resort to vulgarities and personal insults, sorry. You can dislike my patronizing tone, you can disagree with me. Don't accuse me of stooping so low, because I never do. "You're clueless" is about as antagonizing and insulting as it gets with me.

And as I stated multiple times now, I regret letting myself getting sucked into the exchange with him, it was frankly beneath me. But getting f-bombs and c'nts thrown at you can do that.

Last edited by miffy23; 06-24-2014 at 10:31 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 10:32 AM

Elune

I bet Sarahmoo is also the tag police mod, deleting any tags she finds offensive.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:33 AM

Elune

Quote:

Knowing that one is right is not "insulting" the discussion partner, how ever strongly you may want that to be the case. Insinuating that someone is wrong (eloquently) or poking fun at an opinion (in an admittedly snarky manner sometimes), also is not "insulting".
No, but saying "disagreeing with someone is apparently "baiting" now. Coming from you, it doesn't surprise me" is.

It may be a passive aggressive insult, but it's still an insult that calls into question peoples character and moral fortitude.

So cut the bullshit and own up when you do it, and realize that it's not worse coming from someone who out and out says it like Hammer.

If anything, it's worse coming from the passive aggressive side, because then people like you will turn around and do exactly what you did. "I didn't insult him. I just expressed my opinion that I know is right". At least the more aggressive people go and don't try and feel better about it by covering it up.

Well, guess what cupcake?

It's still insulting people. It's still insulting people every bit as much as calling someone a stupid fucking piss guzzling cunt nugget.

It just uses prettier words.

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
>Conspiracy theorist.
>Not insulting just for existing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Elune

There doesn't seem to be anyone standing up for you Miffy.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:35 AM

Elune

Quote:
No, but saying "disagreeing with someone is apparently "baiting" now. Coming from you, it doesn't surprise me" is.

It may be a passive aggressive insult, but it's still an insult that calls into question peoples character and moral fortitude.

So cut the bullshit and own up when you do it, and realize that it's not worse coming from someone who out and out says it like Hammer.

If anything, it's worse coming from the passive aggressive side, because then people like you will turn around and do exactly what you did. "I didn't insult him. I just expressed my opinion that I know is right". At least the more aggressive people go and don't try and feel better about it by covering it up.

Well, guess what cupcake?

It's still insulting people. It's still insulting people every bit as much as calling someone a stupid fucking piss guzzling cunt nugget.

It just uses prettier words.
You need to learn about language and discourse.

And insinuating that an action does not surprise one from a certain person due to assuming to know the general type or reaction from someone is hardly an insult.

You are filling in blanks with your own bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
I'm not surprised, given that it's the same group of people that take offense with different opinions in nearly every thread, and resort to mob behaviour as well as low attempts at ridicule when reason and arguments desert them.

Last edited by miffy23; 06-24-2014 at 10:37 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 10:36 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:

Now, let's be fair, cosmic melon - mods aren't getting paid for this shit, and Sarahmoo does a crapton of bot cleanup that most of you never even see.

If all that she gets in return is just a tad more respect than the rest of the community, I don't think that's such a bad deal, do you?
Old 06-24-2014, 10:40 AM

Elune

Quote:
Now, let's be fair, cosmic melon - mods aren't getting paid for this shit, and Sarahmoo does a crapton of bot cleanup that most of you never even see.

If all that she gets in return is just a tad more respect than the rest of the community, I don't think that's such a bad deal, do you?
You aren't getting paid for it, but you willingly do it of your own free will. If the job is too much for you guys, pass the torch to someone else. Expecting a little more respect because you don't get paid for something you volunteer to do is dumb. I'm not going to afford any of you more respect just because you delete spam and ban bots on an internet forum. (Again, something you volunteered to do.)

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Elune

Quote:
You need to learn about language and discourse.

And insinuating that an action does not surprise one from a certain person due to assuming to know the general type or reaction from someone is hardly an insult.

You are filling in blanks with your own bias.
No, but "saying it" like it's a smear is an insult. Which you did.

You are trying to defend yourself from a indefensible position because you have a tendency to be a smug ass who can't possibly be wrong (In your own mind.)
Old 06-24-2014, 10:41 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Hey, I said he shouldn't get banned either. But his high and mighty "I never insult people!" attitude is ridiculous.

I mean, Sarah linked a few posts that Thunder made which she considered offensive. I think nearly every one was a response to miffy being offensive in turn. He shouldn't be here acting like his feces doesn't stink; he should be praying that the winds that banned Hammer don't stay in effect and thus turn on him. (Or any of us.)
Old 06-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
No, but "saying it" like it's a smear is an insult. Which you did.

You are trying to defend yourself from a indefensible position because you have a tendency to be a smug ass who can't possibly be wrong (In your own mind.)
When you prove me wrong on an issue, i'll immediately consent and agree with you. Before that happens, you're simply furious about someone being confident about their opinion, which really isn't my issue or anyone else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Hey, I said he shouldn't get banned either. But his high and mighty "I never insult people!" attitude is ridiculous.

I mean, Sarah linked a few posts that Thunder made which she considered offensive. I think nearly every one was a response to miffy being offensive in turn. He shouldn't be here acting like his feces doesn't stink; he should be praying that the winds that banned Hammer don't stay in effect and thus turn on him. (Or any of us.)
Please link me the thread and post where I resorted to vulgarities and personal insults at ANY time.

Not liking my opinion does NOT make it provocative or antagonistic.

I do NOT personally insult and attack people. I may suggest they are flat out wrong or not knowledgable about a subject. That may be considered arrogant, but I certainly do not attack anyone personally about it. Get your facts straight.

Last edited by miffy23; 06-24-2014 at 10:45 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 10:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
When you prove me wrong on an issue, i'll immediately consent and agree with you. Before that happens, you're simply furious about someone being confident about their opinion, which really isn't my issue or anyone else's.
See that? Again, it's an insult meant to discredit and bait the poster you are responding to.

And you do it because you CAN'T defend against the accusations lodged against you. So instead of stopping to consider the possibility that you are wrong, you immediately turn around and spout a passive aggressive remark aimed at cutting low and diverting attention from you.

The fact is, before you even considered the possibility that others are every bit as confident in their statements, you immediately jumped to the "Well, they just must be upset about how confident "I" am about "MY" opinion" like you're a super special dude who knows that he's more confident than anyone else.

But you ain't. You are a slimeball douchenozzle who deflects with passive aggressive remarks to insult and bring low. And the worst part of it is, you lack both tact and class when doing so.

And the funny thing?

You're not confident in your opinion. You have the false sense of confidence where you can't take a step back and say "I might be wrong". You stubbornly cling to what you say, to the belief that you are above everything (what can I expect from those who have mob mentality, it's obviously "them" and not "me") and it can't be you that's the problem.

You are a sham, and your confidence is an insult to the name. Confidence in your beliefs isn't about standing firm with them by your side. It's about having the balls to examine them and admit the possibility you might be wrong.

So, my best advice to you? In both your "confidence" and in your dealings with the more vulgar insults of Hammer and those like him?

Grow a fucking thicker skin and realize you are every bit as bad as him. You just try to hide it so when people call you on the bullshit you can play dumb.

And for the record, even though I believe you are a generally deplorable human being to converse with, who hides behind eloquence (which you lack, by the by) and smugness doesn't make me telling you, or even insinuating it to you, any less of an insult.

I have a rule when dealing with people, and it's one that I almost never break. Regardless of opinions, I call into question the opinions, not the posters habbits. But of the two, I know the easier ones to deal and reason with are those who outright attack people instead of using wannabe-sly comments that discredit the opposition.

They tend to lack the superiority complex (Ish.. All nerds and geeks have it. The fact that I actually AM superior comes through pretty quickly though, and they generally rightfully concede to my awesomeness.)

Last edited by Ruinshin; 06-24-2014 at 11:03 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Apophis#2440

I think that the perma-ban was definitely a bit overboard.

And I don't think that he was banned for what he was saying, but how he phrased them, the constant use of curses and insults was kind of annoying and almost every post of his (in all sorts of topics) seemed to be filled with ragey anger and insults. A 1/2 day banishment would have sufficed I think.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say that Miffy was "baiting" him on purpose, imo the only thing you could accuse Miffy of was being kind of a smugg douche.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:59 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
You aren't getting paid for it, but you willingly do it of your own free will. If the job is too much for you guys, pass the torch to someone else. Expecting a little more respect because you don't get paid for something you volunteer to do is dumb. I'm not going to afford any of you more respect just because you delete spam and ban bots on an internet forum. (Again, something you volunteered to do.)
You need to learn to bend the knee, cos mike.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Elune

Quote:
You need to learn to bend the knee, cos mike.
We don't kneel.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:01 AM

Elune

I leave you guys alone for a week and you turn the forum into a minefield.

Tags
administrators, admins, assing, moderations, moderators, mods, no gifs allowed, regulations, rules, scrolls of lore, serious business, tag police