Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 PM

Arch-Druid

1. CMs know as much about lore as an average guy knows about rocket science.

2. There are a number of unopened doors in Ulduar. One example is the door just before Algalon (if you turn right before the stairway and walk towards the Algalon passage, you'll see the closed door on the right), then there's a door between Mimiron and Decent into Madness hallway, etc. i.e., more than enough room to have Tyr's place in there. It's only the dude missing
Old 09-02-2009, 12:10 AM

Elune

I wonder how Tyr's Hand got to the Eastern Plaguelands.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I suppose their sigils could have been already put in the Archivum Console, so you don't need to get them and put them there.

That, or Blizzard just lacks cohesion.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 09-02-2009 at 03:16 AM..
Old 09-02-2009, 03:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
I suppose their sigils could have been already put in the Archivum Console, so you don't need to get them and put them there.

That, or Blizzard just lacks cohesion.
They had to give their keys back after bringing ladies to Algalon's room for nice star view. That's actually why Tyr rebelled and moved away, first to Eastern Plaguelands, where he had to use his hand (hence a place named Tyr's Hand, where he was caught by uninvited guests), then he left elsewhere.

See, it all makes perfect sense.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:57 AM

Eternal

Also there is a door in the Halls of Winter that is closed and guarded by a Giant.
Here are some videos of old Ulduar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0O_JUEzrj8#movie_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUVu8jc0_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uknmG...eature=related

Is it only me, or did the old Ulduar look MUCH better?
If they would have replaced the huge human statue with an unique statue. I also loled at the placeholder (first video) for the door that leads to Vezax. Its from Mario I think.

The old Ulduar look ancient and HUGE! Just look at the area where Kologarn and Auraiya are. Tyrs room is also open here.

What is interesting in the second and third video is that there is small outdoor area on a balcony. Aswell as a HUGE underground labyrinth what a huge untextured and scary Titan statue. I asume that that dark underground labyrinth was the orginal place for Yogg-Saron.

At the third video there are some interesting stuff too.
Look at around 1:00
A chamber that doesnt appear on the live version. Tyrs place? It looks very blank and "ordered".
Now I wonder if the outdoor area was planned orginally... or if it was added later on. The outdoor area doesnt appear anywhere and the interior seems so much bigger.

You can see that the Giant you could enter only appearaed in the earliest versions. Tyr was probably located to the area around 1:00 in the second video and then completly removed.
But the titan that lies down in the underground labyrinth creeps me out. Maybe that is Tyr... dead.

Unfortunaly, the video with the Giant isnt on youtube anymore. So it only existed in the earliest versions. But I have seen it too.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:26 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
Also there is a door in the Halls of Winter that is closed and guarded by a Giant.
Here are some videos of old Ulduar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0O_JUEzrj8#movie_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUVu8jc0_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uknmG...eature=related

Is it only me, or did the old Ulduar look MUCH better?
If they would have replaced the huge human statue with an unique statue. I also loled at the placeholder (first video) for the door that leads to Vezax. Its from Mario I think.

The old Ulduar look ancient and HUGE! Just look at the area where Kologarn and Auraiya are. Tyrs room is also open here.

What is interesting in the second and third video is that there is small outdoor area on a balcony. Aswell as a HUGE underground labyrinth what a huge untextured and scary Titan statue. I asume that that dark underground labyrinth was the orginal place for Yogg-Saron.

At the third video there are some interesting stuff too.
Look at around 1:00
A chamber that doesnt appear on the live version. Tyrs place? It looks very blank and "ordered".
Now I wonder if the outdoor area was planned orginally... or if it was added later on. The outdoor area doesnt appear anywhere and the interior seems so much bigger.

You can see that the Giant you could enter only appearaed in the earliest versions. Tyr was probably located to the area around 1:00 in the second video and then completly removed.
But the titan that lies down in the underground labyrinth creeps me out. Maybe that is Tyr... dead.

Unfortunaly, the video with the Giant isnt on youtube anymore. So it only existed in the earliest versions. But I have seen it too.
The area at 1:00 is Algalon's room. It still looks about the same.

The "huge labrynth" is the train thing to Mimiron's room. For some reason, there are some extra rooms off this though, no idea why. Either they were not meant to be traveled (i.e. outdoor sections that you would see from the train) or maybe there were more stops on the train originally. The "titan laying on the ground" is a *very* rough mockup of Mimi's robot.

The outdoor balcony thing is the same as Vezax's door. This is what I was saying might have originally been Tyr's room, since that area with the sun-looking thing in the floor looks like it had a boss fight (I think this room got turned into where you fight the first Faceless Horror after the Twilight's Hammer trash)
Old 09-02-2009, 07:35 AM

Eternal

What? At 1:00 in the third video it looks nothing like Algalons room

I wonder where Yogg-Saron was then. They probably hadnt added his area yet.

My guess is that Tyr sensed something about Uldum or sensed the Cataclysm so he travelled to Uldum to protect that super weapon of mass destruction.
I dunno, but Uldum seems the most logical place for his location.

Or MAYBE, the giant human statue turned into a boss that was Tyr
The Titan in the underground/train labyrinth reminds me of the big robot in the "Day the Earth Stood Still"

We might never know for sure.
Im sad that the video with the old old Ulduar isnt up anymore.

edit: I said 1:00 to times and it became a bit weird as I wrote the text will viewing each video
Anyway, its on the third video at 1:00 it shows the empty room.

Last edited by RobLore; 09-02-2009 at 07:38 AM..
Old 09-02-2009, 07:37 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
Sorry, I meant the second video. There is a very clean room there.
Umm, that's the gauntlet in Thorim's room...

Quote:
Or MAYBE, the giant human statue turned into a boss that was Tyr
The Titan in the underground/train labyrinth reminds me of the big robot in the "Day the Earth Stood Still"

We might never know for sure.
Im sad that the video with the old old Ulduar isnt up anymore.
No, it's Mimi's robot. I don't know why you are even questioning what it's supposed to be, it's in the exact same spot...
Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 AM

Eternal

I meant the Human statue on the platform where the Prison of Yogg-Saron is supposed to be. There is a ramp up there so I asume that there was a boss there.
Also, the empty room was a dead end so I asumed that it was a boss there.
Or is there a door inside the gauntlet to Thorim?ยด
Old 09-02-2009, 08:54 AM

Elune

I think Vezax's entrance could have been Tyr, and that they later decided to put Yogg-Saron there, thus removing Tyr and making the hole and placing the prison at the middle.

That, or they just put that there to make us believe Yogg-Saron wasn't there. Don't know.

Also, in the current Vezax entrance room, there was a small balcony with a tree. I think that's not in-game now, is it?

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 AM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Found the following five sigils with the Modelviewer. Does anyone know if the last one is used somewhere?

And the five sigils originaly seem to have been just differently colored geometric forms^^

Last edited by Wabbajack; 09-02-2009 at 09:23 AM..
Old 09-02-2009, 09:22 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
Foud the following five sigils with the Modelviewer. Does anyone know if the last one is used somewhere?

And the five sigils originaly seem to have been just differently colored geometric forms^^
By your powers combined......
Old 09-02-2009, 09:29 AM

Elune

Quote:
Found the following five sigils with the Modelviewer. Does anyone know if the last one is used somewhere?

Didn't see it anywhere. It should be Tyr's, nope? Crystals... duh, who knows.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Hrm. Crystals...

Loken has the Halls of Lightning... maybe Tyr had something to do with the Halls of Stone? Maybe he is or has some connection to Crystallus?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 AM

Critter

I think the symbol (which I assume to be Tyr's, as he would be the last one to possess a key) lends something to the idea that Vezax is Tyr. There are large crystal formations like that growing around Vezax's room, he spawns saronite crystals, and IIRC the saronite deposits in his room have crystal formations on them as well.

Then again they could've made it just for Vezax and then removed it once they realized it wouldn't make sense for Vezax to have his own key :p
Old 09-02-2009, 10:54 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Hrm. Crystals...

Loken has the Halls of Lightning... maybe Tyr had something to do with the Halls of Stone? Maybe he is or has some connection to Crystallus?
likely.

What was his designed domain when you do the Brann Bronzebeard quest where you have to check all temple in Storms Peaks?
Old 09-02-2009, 02:16 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:

http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Hall_of_...s_entrance.jpg

It does not seem to drop, but it can be seen before Vezax.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:47 PM

Critter

I'm pretty sure the room at the 1:00 mark of the 3rd video is a very early and incomplete Iron Council room.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:18 PM

Eternal

I dont think Vexax IS Tyr. However, Tyr might orginally have been down there INSTEAD of Vezax as some kind of mad prison warden
He was the Watcher of Order after all.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:11 PM

It'd be nice if you know, we had someone explain it to us. Like... a quest perhaps?

Naaah, too much work for blizzard.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
It'd be nice if you know, we had someone explain it to us. Like... a quest perhaps?

Naaah, too much work for blizzard.
In the quest Fate of the Titans it says he was not present during Loken's rebellion and that his Temple of Order had no guardians or indications of struggle if that is a clue to anything.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Hall_of_...s_entrance.jpg

It does not seem to drop, but it can be seen before Vezax.
Nice find, man.

Now I wonder it's just the "combo" symbol of the other 4.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvan View Post
Heavens forbid we have some mystery in Warcraft.
There's no fun in a mystery without any clues whatsoever. At least give us something to solve it by, even the most minute and cryptic of riddles. Before this CM came in, we had NO idea where Tyr was.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Not long after 3.2 shipped Bornakk said Tyr went on a journey somewhere, and that whether we see more of said journey remains to be seen.
I must've missed that, can you find a link?
Old 09-05-2009, 03:33 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Heavens forbid we have some mystery in Warcraft.
Mystery is good. It leaves questions to be answered later.

Mystery that's possibly tied entirely to a raid instance that's wrapped up and cleared, and will be obsolete by the next Expansion means questions that were raised seemingly for the purpose of pursuing, yet will never, ever be answered in-context.

Dungeons aren't revisited for quest/story-driven purposes any longer. (Hell, at this point they aren't even initially visited for story purposes half the time.) Few characters in the WoW world give a damn about things like boss kills now, and in fact via the dungeon dailies they're more concerned with players killing five or six nameless henchmen than offing the leaders of the villains. What this amounts to is anything that wasn't blatantly obvious in Ulduar was never uncovered by the players, as far as the story's concerned. we went in to kill bosses and that's it. We didn't even stop to say "gee, maybe I should go tell Brann or somebody that I killed the Old God that's in here.

Even the closest thing to such a re-visitation since TBC, namely the San'layn boss added to Karazhan, fell flat because we don't know who he was, why he was there, or why we should have given a crap about him beyond getting the guitar he dropped.

If it turns out Vezax was Tyr, or killed Tyr, etc. we'll have learned not by unraveling the mystery for ourselves, but by someday being told in passing that a possible joke post by a CM on a discussion forum turned out to be accurate. Gee, what a revelation.

That's like finding out Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father not in the films themselves, but because George Lucas revealed it years later during an interview about the making of The Phantom Menace.

Of course, the raid-spawned dissonance between the Storm Peaks and Ulduar affects other things as well. They changed Kronus to Loken in the quest dialogues to match it up with post-beta Northrend, but to this day Mimiron continues to be called Mimir and referred to as female in the quests throughout the Storm Peaks. Just as Tyr remains missing and unmentioned beyond the scanning of his temple, which suggests he departed without having been forced away.

In short, answers to lore mysteries should come from lore, not from the Blue talking heads in the official forums. I, for one, truly hope the latter isn't what Tyr's fate amounts to.